Corrupt a wish: FE edition

SMEDIA

Each new spinoff is a port of the last, only adding in one new character each time. Oh, and the only characters that are in the game are the units that are the Dancer class.

I wish there was a game in the series with the genre of the soundtrack being mainly Rock.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Granted, but the only differences between the weapons are a stat change or two, and the game isn't built with it in mind.

I wish that giants of all shapes, sizes, and abilities were present in Fire Emblem.

Granted, but they're unkillable super bosses only found at the end of the game as long as all of your units are alive, at the end of their class chain, and the maximum level.

I wish that there was a game where traveling through different universes was part of the story, and the player's army would be chasing an antagonist through each world (no, not Heroes).

Granted, and all the realms and universes we travel to are unique and interesting. Unfortunately, their potential isn't utilized to the fullest in the game itself, the antagonist is a one-note "I want to destroy everything" cliche, and at the end of the story

Spoiler

Every single realm is erased in order to defeat the giant turtle upon whose back all universes exist, destroying any hope of the worlds being fleshed out in a sequel.

I wish that there was a manakete that was an adventure archaeologist (like Indiana Jones).

Granted, but it's a character that can only be unlocked if you attend a one day Fire Emblem event in Honolulu and the units stats are all pooled into Skill.

I wish for the next Fire Emblem game to have a support system that offers polygamy between all of the playable and recruitable characters regardless of age, gender, species, or alignment.

Granted, but the game becomes too easy due to all the passive stat boosts everyone gets from standing next to each other. There are also multiple copies of the same kid? The game is also looked down upon for it's pairing practices.

I wish there was a Fire Emblem racing game.

10 minutes ago, WeAreNewcastle1053 said:

Granted, but it's poor quality and it's just posters and stuff.

I wish I had the ability to take a nap on the ground.

Whenever you do, you are surrounded by brigands.

I wish Priam had more characterization or may get some in Heroes.

The game is banned in many countries due to the Est archetype being involved in an orgy scene.

He is actually a total jerk who exploits Ike's legend for attention.

I wish I didn't get ninja'd in this game...

Edited by The_antithesis

Granted, a lot of really good classes are unable to be used (such as mounted classes) and gameplay is worse than Conquest in terms of difficulty to account for the fact you're at sea.

I wish Intelligent Systems could handle the whole S-Supports and children thing better in Fates...

Granted. But now IS shows the S Supports. The game's rating is bumped up to an M making many people in the fanbase uncomfortable as well as feeling unable to play FE in public and around family and friends. FE itself becomes a mockery.

I wish the Smash community wasn't so salty each time we get a new FE rep

Edited by Arcphoenix

There's a particular build of character that is utterly broken, so all of your units end up being OP carbon copies.

I wish for an FE game where skirmishes affect the territory and politics of the kingdom, potentially leading to a bad ending of one side takes too much power.

Granted, but the bad endings actually sound like good endings and aren't revealed to be as actually bad until the player gets the proper route for the true ending and at which point the player is then stuck between a choice of two endings that would have already happened if one side had overtaken the other.

I wish for a Fire Emblem game where all of the villainesses regardless of plot reasons give their loyalty to the player faction and have the potential to S support.

Granted, that makes them terrible villainesses and leads to IS being labelled as "sexist" for such reasons.

I wish the next game with a customisable Avatar would include options for outfits for their starting class (and promoted version too).

Granted. They suffer from absurd clipping issues, costumes that don't fit the setting at all, and ridiculously blatant fanservice.

With that said, I wish that sunglasses were an unlockable accessory.

Granted, but several of them are racist.

I wish there was a Fire Emblem plot that only took itself semi-seriously, with emphasis on both sides of the word.