Star Ocean: Anamnesis

Jedi

So does anyone else play this mobile game? Global just launched a few days ago, I'm enjoying it a lot, need more banners but the first one had quite a bit of SO3 so i'm pretty happy with that, waiting for more of the SO3 cast and of course the SO2 cast among others. 

I want Dias so badly in this game haha, figured i'd see if anyone wants to be mutuals since the multiplayer is the big draw of this game and having mutals  gives you more benefits with follows. 

List of Ace characters in the Japanese version right now, including Valkyrie Profile and NieR: Automata. 

My player ID is XP5F4FTM8P

i want to play this but my phone can't run it. Idk if I want to try it  on bluestacks or nox since it appears to be an action game.

how's the game balance?

5 minutes ago, Mister Rogers said:

i want to play this but my phone can't run it. Idk if I want to try it  on bluestacks or nox since it appears to be an action game.

how's the game balance?

So far I can't tell very well but parties like to be balanced between character types, I think Invokers are super strong if given the best support but I dno if anyone of this set is particularly broken. 

I think i've heard Clair (from SO3) is busted but she isn't out in Global yet. I'd have to do some more research and such.

Oh yeah, this game. Been wanting to try it, but outside emulation I really can't; and I have slowdown problems I'm not sure I want to continue through it after making it through Maere...

Fine, I never liked having free time anyway.  Not sure if I'll stick with it, as my attachment to SO isn't as strong as the other games I play.

EDIT: Wait, MP?  Never mind, I'm out.  I don't have quite that much free time!

Edited by eclipse

• 1 month later...

I ended up quitting FEH for this, since there's absolutely nothing to do and... honestly the game really took me by surprise considering the precarious state Tri-ACE has been in these past few years. 

One of the best (and most generous) mobile games I've ever played. Great gameplay, free daily pulling, over 50k gems to start out and free five-stars (also future free select-your-own-5-star events like Christmas) and the models and animations are top-notch. 

I will say though, the game is very grindy. Although, if you're a casual player, there isn't really any urgency to the grind since events all repeat later down the line anyway. Also, none of the voice-actors reprise their role (in fact, I'm pretty sure a lot of these voice actors were hired for free). 

Story is lackluster, but that's typical for gacha games. I heard season 2 has improved story and more original characters, so there's that. I'm currently marathoning the Star Ocean games in response to the mobile game so it's been a solid experience. Definitely encourage other people to pick it up. Like FEH, you don't need previous series experience to enjoy the game. You can find a great list of all characters currently in the Japanese version here. This video includes their animations and rush, which are just a treat to see.

On 7/16/2018 at 1:14 AM, Jedi said:

So far I can't tell very well but parties like to be balanced between character types, I think Invokers are super strong if given the best support but I dno if anyone of this set is particularly broken. 

I think i've heard Clair (from SO3) is busted but she isn't out in Global yet. I'd have to do some more research and such.

TBH, Clair is pretty underwhelming. She gets a shit ton of alts though, for some reason. F2P best 'pull' banners are season 2 of the Valkyrie Profile banners (not the upcoming one) or the Nier Automata collab. All the units in these banners will be top tier.

On 7/16/2018 at 2:42 AM, eclipse said:

Fine, I never liked having free time anyway.  Not sure if I'll stick with it, as my attachment to SO isn't as strong as the other games I play.

EDIT: Wait, MP?  Never mind, I'm out.  I don't have quite that much free time!

Not sure what you mean by MP? The game doesn't have any MP, although even if it did I wouldn't see the issue.