Is Lyn better than Marcus/is Marcus good/ is Lyn good

gjuptonv

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, QuoteSoda said:

Oh boy i guess i Gone get a Bomb of Comment like the same bomb that Japan Take it

Triggered diogo there bud

On 05/10/2018 at 1:16 PM, QuoteSoda said:

The one Time that lyn is better Than marcus is for Waifu Material

Oh boy i guess i Gone get a Bomb of Comment like the same bomb that Japan Take it

Even though Lyn has... and a ponytail, Marcus is pretty hot too, with that goatee and those horse rinding muscles. I bet he was a ladies' man is Pherae.

On 10/5/2018 at 12:16 PM, QuoteSoda said:

The one Time that lyn is better Than marcus is for Waifu Material

Debatable, sure Lyn has long hair, but a. It's green. Don't get me wrong, I like the color green, it's my second favorite color, but it doesn't work as a hair color, at least not on Lyn. Well, that's not true, I've seen it work on Lyn, in some pieces of fan-art, but it's inconsistent. Maybe stick to the lighter shades of green. And B. It's in a ponytail. I don't like how these look, sue me. Ponytails look bad, but they're practical, so I'll give Lyn a slight pass on this one.

Then we get to Marcus, a real man. Now, understand that I'm not gay, but if I was gay, I'd totally be gay for Marcus. He has plenty of experience riding, his lance is silver, and I can't think of a third thinly veiled sexual metaphor for Marcus. He has a goatee, that pristine goatee is something all men should strive for. He does have purple hair, which I'm going to have to dock some points from him for that, but said points are quickly made up for when we see that strength stat. This lad is a strong boy. 

In conclusion Marcus is best waifu and I will fight anyone who says otherwise

On 06/10/2018 at 12:52 AM, Joe Cool said:

the real bomb here is someone pinging Mekkah and mekkah just calling diogo out for being a troll.

I'm not a troll, so that would be a waste of Mekkah's time and would show that he doesn't know me at all.

Edited by DiogoJorge

• 2 months later...

Marcus can be and should be  easily replaced by Sain. Lyn can't be replaced. If Sain wasn't in game Marcus would be better. But because it's not the case Lyn in game >> Marcus on bench. Which should be always case.

Edit: Actually I believe Lowen also make better Paladin, but maybe I was just lucky that one time I used so I can't say for sure.

Edited by Tenzen12

On 12/22/2018 at 9:35 AM, Tenzen12 said:

Marcus can be and should be  easily replaced by Sain. Lyn can't be replaced. If Sain wasn't in game Marcus would be better. But because it's not the case Lyn in game >> Marcus on bench. Which should be always case.

Edit: Actually I believe Lowen also make better Paladin, but maybe I was just lucky that one time I used so I can't say for sure.

Why would you put the best unit in the game on the bench outside of where he's outlived his usefulness?

On 12/22/2018 at 8:35 AM, Tenzen12 said:

BWAHAHA the actual hell?

So all Marcus haters logic goes like this

>Marcus good start
>Marcus surpassed at some point
>Being surpassed means you're now bad.

For Christs sake this logic is idiotic. Say you are using Sain then Lowen becomes better than Sain, does this mean that now Sain is bad? NO

NO
No it doesn't.

Also you're argument is Sain>Marcus so Lyn>Marcus. Use some brain or get the hell out of here.

And Lowen is underrated as hell, his defense is actually quite good and his "low attack" is compensated by lances.

Well if you knew beforehand Lowen will end better then Sain, why you would even use Sain if you can instead make Lowen  level twice as fast?

That said, Sain can be promoted to paladin in Lyn mode already, which means he perform comparably to Marcus early and quite quickly outperform him. 

Edited by Tenzen12

6 minutes ago, Tenzen12 said:

Well if you knew beforehand Lowen will end better then Sain, why you would even use Sain if you can instead make Lowen  level twice as fast?

That said, Sain can be promoted to paladin in Lyn mode already, which means he perform comparably to Marcus early and quite quickly outperform him. 

Firstly, your logic/math is faulty. Not using one unit doesn't mean that another unit will level twice as fast. Due to a combination of exp scaling and the fact that most people wouldn't just be using two units means that Lowen would probably level up 1.25 as fast.

To put it in more mathematical terms, if we have a pie chart of five units, each taking up a pie of experience that is equally distributed, we're left with everybody having 20%. Now, if we subtract Sain from said pie, that means we have the same amount of experience to share amongst four unit. but one unit wouldn't just claim all of that now open slice, other units would take some of it. So now you're left with Lowen having maybe 30-ish percent of the pie with your other units taking up other parts of said pie. And even if Lowen took both slices whole-hog, said experience wouldn't be of the same consistent worth than it would for Sain. With exp scaling, Lowen would eventually get less exp for a kill than Sain might have, making it so he would only level up maybe 1.5 times as fast.

That said, you would use Sain with Lowen because cavaliers and paladins are the best class in all of GBA FE and you want to use all of them because they are amazing. 

Also, Sain would not perform similar to Marcus, he would be noticeably worse. Assuming he promoted at level 10 exact (because I have never seen a Sain at a higher level than that in anything I've played or seen, which due to it being Lyn mode is admittedly not a lot), then Sain has, compared to a base Marcus

HP   STR   SKL   SPD   LCK   DEF   RES
Sain     28   14    8     10    7     9     2
Marcus   31   15    15    11    8     10    8

The biggest gap here is the minus 7 skill that Sain has compared to Marcus, followed by the minus 6 in res. Enemy mages will eviscerate the poor lad. And this is base Marcus, by the time Lyn's squad comes in at chapter 16 (I'm pretty sure it's chapter 16, might be wrong in this regard), Marcus has already had quite a few bosses to raise himself level-wise with, and he really is the best candidate for boss exp. So yeah, have Sain promote early in Lyn mode, assuming you play it on hard (although as to why you're playing it in the first place escapes me), to be a worse Marcus who will barely have the chance to surpass him. Although he'll still be set, so it isn't all that bad.

26 minutes ago, Tenzen12 said:

Twice as fast was obviously hyperbole and promoting anyone on lv.10 is silly at best. Try around  lv.17 instead and see how these numbers will change. 

You should never use hyperbole in a debate, as trying to justify a point as hyperbole makes it weaker overall.

And the issue is you're saying that we promote Sain in Lyn mode. I literally explained that I perceived Sain's highest level he could achieve as 10, so he would be that level when he promotes. If he waits and promotes in Eliwood/Hector mode, then he would obviously promote later, but that isn't the point here. You said that Sain, if he promoted in Lyn mode, would serve as a better Marcus. I debunked that assertion, and then you just sidestepped by saying promoting anyone at level 10 is silly (which it isn't, healers benefit an extreme degree by promoting that early). Of course if Sain promotes at level 17 he'll be better in most areas than base Marcus (still worse in Skill I believe), but that still wasn't the point that either of us were focusing on. If you promote Sain during Lyn mode using the one knights crest you get, then he will basically end up as a worse Marcus when he comes back.

You only got Sain on such level because you never considered making him functional paladin for early Eliwood mode. Of course he would be worse then Marcus if you intentionally screw him with low level promotion. Lv 15 is relatively easy in Lyn mode, Lv. 17 still feasible. Higher then that would require godly level of patience though.

2 hours ago, Tenzen12 said:

You only got Sain on such level because you never considered making him functional paladin for early Eliwood mode. Of course he would be worse then Marcus if you intentionally screw him with low level promotion. Lv 15 is relatively easy in Lyn mode, Lv. 17 still feasible. Higher then that would require godly level of patience though.

I doubt it's intentionally screwing Sain, and more like feeding some kills to Florina or something.  Some runs promote Sain early due to things like self-imposed turn limits.  But if you're murdering everything on every map (Chapter 7 nonwithstanding), then maybe Sain can get that high.  I'd say level 13 is a bit more realistic.

EDIT: And if he is promoted at level 13, he'd have comparable physical bulk and speed to Marcus, better Strength, and will forever be behind in Skl/Res (he hits Marcus' starting Skill at level 20/11 and Res at level 20/17 on average).  What Marcus has over Sain is weapon ranks - being able to chuck Hand Axes early-on is really good.

Edited by eclipse