Possibly the best bootlegged cart?

Alot of us know that bootlegged cartridges exist. My Shadow Dragon cart seems to be the most legit but still bootlegged cart I have ever seen. It looks exactly like a normal cartridge. Almost. For some reason DS and 3DS carts have a tiny indent on the top. Every bootleg I've seen has either had the indent or something else that throws it off. My Shadow Dragon Cart has no indent. It also cannot run on my Nintendo 2DS. Knowing that it cannot run on my 2DS is the fact that the Anti-Piracy is recognizing that its a fake. Oddly though it for some reason worked on my New3ds that i had for some time when it felt like it. After cleaning it several times it would be a 50/50 chance it would work. Interesting eh?

12 hours ago, eclipse said:

Lovely story.  So what kind of discussion were you looking for?

I'm hypothesizing he's looking for people's experiences with higher quality bootlegged carts, but I can't speak for him. Following this line of thought I'll give my own example.

Years ago, my mother bought a second hand copy of Super Mario Advance 3 Yoshi's Island from a cash converters (a pawnbroker) for $5. Mind you that was a fairly typical price for cash converters before they started basing their prices off eBay. It wasn't until years later, when I learned methods of spotting a bootleg that I realized it was a bootleg from the pin colour, which was a little different. The game was spot on with what it was supposed to be functionally.

Mind you I don't have many bootlegs, and most of the ones in my collection made my collection the same way only to turn out to be non-functional (due to low quality bootlegging) and be returned. (A Metroid Zero Mission being the most aggravating example, as I had looked for the game for ages, thought I had one, only for it to turn out to be not only a bootleg but incapable of functioning more than a minute before crashing)