FE7 PME: Pink Suit Edition

19 hours ago, Dayni said:

I don't know about the OnPent reference if that is one.

Closest I could work with sorry.

Uh...who's OnPent?

18 hours ago, Koumal8 said:

Do you care about standardized class genders? Cuz I propose Cavalier!Florina and Shaman!Raven

Not at all, but there are female and male variants of both those classes. I assume you want them flipped, so that Florina is a male cavalier and Raven a female shaman?

18 hours ago, ping said:

Well, if you don't touch the personal bases, Eliwood will be absolutely atrocious.

At least he's got an accurate, res-hitting 1-2 range option to make it a little easier to feed him kills. I'm actually most worried about Hector, because 0 speed for the whole game is hilariously awful and can't be fixed. It's for reasons like that (and the weird generic Lord growths) that I was considering doing something different for Lord classes, but I don't know. Isn't the point of a let's play to watch the player suffer? So maybe I'll just lug around this horrible four movement abomination to every seize point in the last two thirds of the game goodness gracious me.

13 hours ago, Pengaius said:

Guy -> Dude (Myrmidon -> Cavalier)

Partly because you no longer have any base class cavs but mostly so that he's hella tough to recruit 5mov Matthew (who can't counter) now has to recruit 7mov Dude (who has a killing edge)

I feel that's why we have Paladin!Geitz as well.

14 hours ago, Garlyle said:

This game clearly needs more appreciation for Nomads. Let's turn Priscilla into one.

I was wondering when we'd get nomads. Too bad it's Priscilla. Any second suggestion you have in mind?

On the note of Lord's and their curiosity, I did a bit of crunching for Lordwen (though so far just Lordwen) ends up with these growths:

90% HP / 40% Str / 30% Skl / 47% Spd / 65% Lck / 40% Def / 30% Res

And these bases:

22 HP / 9 Str / 7 Skl / 7 Spd / 3 Lck / 9 Def / 0 Res

He also has 14 con so basically nothing weighs him down. He seems pretty good.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sain as a Mercenary:

Growths:

HP: 85 (+5) Str: 65 (+5) Skl: 35 (0) Spd: 44 (+4) Lck: 35 (0) Def: 23 (+3) Res: 25 (+5)

By a tiny margin, better.

Bases:

17 HP (-2) 7 Str (-1) 10 Skl (+6) 9 Spd (+3) 4 Lck (0) 4 Def (-2) 0 Res (0) and 9 Con (0).

Well between swordlock and his new Skl stat, Sain's missing days are over. The loss of Javelin and WTC isn't good, but these are mighty fine for a level 1 Merc, save maybe that HP. With Cleric Kent on hand at all times, he'll stay alive through Lyn Mode and all. His Str will still explode, and once a Hero Crest is obtained, he'll be Hand Axing the world. He'll end up playing like Raven normally does, barring that initial HP.

Normal Mode Raven as a Shaman: 

Growths: 

55(-30)/60(+5)/32(-8)/43(-2)/25(-10)/17(-8)/25(+1)

Bases:

23(-2)/6(-2)/4(-7)/7(-6)/2(0)/3(-2)/5(+4) and 7 Con.

Raven starts at level 5, and Canas who comes in the next fight at level 8 normally, has overall better bases than this, including 4 more Mag. This stated, with his higher Mag growth and comparable Spd, Raven should do a decent job of replacing him.

5 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

On the note of Lord's and their curiosity, I did a bit of crunching for Lordwen (though so far just Lordwen) ends up with these growths:

90% HP / 40% Str / 30% Skl / 47% Spd / 65% Lck / 40% Def / 30% Res

Odd, my numbers ended up slightly differently. (And as you can see, I've messed with checking out some others too.)

Lordwen:

Growths:

105(+15)/40(+10)/30(0)/47(+17)/60(+10)/40(0)/27(-3)

Bases:

22(-1)/9(+2)/7(+2)/7(0)/9(+2)/0(0) and 14 Con (+4)

Fighter Lucius will have 11 Str and 12 Spd at base, with 85 and 38 growths respectively. His problem will be 2 Luck and a 0 growth. But that offense looks mighty fine, I'd gamble with him.

Legault, like Matthew, will also end up being really good due to going from the terrible Thief to Lord (Eiiwood):

Growths:

100(+40)/65(+40)/40(-5)/65(+5)/60(0)/35(+10)/20(-5)

Normal Mode Bases:

28(+2)/10(+2)/15(+4)/13(-2)/10(0)/11(+3)/3(0) and 10 Con (+1).

100 HP and 35 Def with 60 Lck? Good durability growths. 65 in both Str and Spd? Those solid bases are going to become maddening with some levels, he'll be one amazing horsie as a Knight Lord.

2 hours ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

Not at all, but there are female and male variants of both those classes. I assume you want them flipped, so that Florina is a male cavalier and Raven a female shaman?

Wait, you mean there is a class and sprite for female cavaliers AND female druids as well in fe7? Or are you hacking them in? Anyway, make Florina a female cavalier then and Raven... you know, fShaman!Raven seems an amusing suggestion, let's go with that :P:

1 minute ago, Koumal8 said:

Wait, you mean there is a class and sprite for female cavaliers AND female druids as well in fe7? Or are you hacking them in? Anyway, make Florina a female cavalier then and Raven... you know, fShaman!Raven seems an amusing suggestion, let's go with that :P:

If I remember correctly on HHM in the Cog of Destiny at the end of the map there are a few female druids. I might be wrong but I do recall one place where they appear, so he won't need to hack in this one. Not sure about female cavalier though.

6 hours ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

I was wondering when we'd get nomads. Too bad it's Priscilla. Any second suggestion you have in mind?

Now that you mention it, Hawkeye would be a nice candidate with a name like that. Plus he'd look badass with a bandana. He sounds great, if you don't mind the awkward phase after his recruitment.

(you meant to ask who would be another great Nomad, right?)

Edited by Garlyle

7 hours ago, Koumal8 said:

7 hours ago, Kubson said:

If I remember correctly on HHM in the Cog of Destiny at the end of the map there are a few female druids. I might be wrong but I do recall one place where they appear, so he won't need to hack in this one. Not sure about female cavalier though.

I don't recall any female cavaliers in this game or FE6, so they might not have added them until Fe8. Isadora exists, but the sight only lists male promotion gains. I'll check Nightmare later.

5 hours ago, Dayni said:

The pun name given to Pent already?

I have no idea either.

Perhaps it's a play on "OP?"

5 hours ago, Garlyle said:

(you meant to ask who would be another great Nomad, right?)

Not necessarily, it's just that I've raised the "vote cap" from one to two and wondered if you wanted to use your second vote. It can be a nomad or something else entirely.

"Fighter Lucius will have 11 Str and 12 Spd at base-"

what in taxation without representation is this

Edited by AnonymousSpeed

On 7/23/2018 at 10:02 PM, AnonymousSpeed said:

would you still like Serra to be a Wyvern Rider?

Yea, and I got to look my fe7 randomized rom to find Wil and Serra stats and growths. I'm just newbie but, i'm trying how to find the growths of each stat.

edit: nevermind, it seems that i didn't randomized the growth rates, so Wil and Serra growth rates are the same unless I make a custom one just for this PMU

Edited by HTAS

Holy shit, that's three wyvern riders in chapter 12. G fucking G.

For reference, Rebecca will have decent initial stats (7 in Str, Spd, Def ain't too shabby) and Serra will even start with 7/11/9 in those stats. And I believe Oswing's 15/10/12 (with 31 HP base) have already been mentioned.

€: Not to mention that Serra can easily be level 8-10 after Lyn Mode. And, of course, her growths will be a bit better distributed, as well: 65 Str, 38 Spd, 32 Def.

Edited by ping

19 hours ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

Not necessarily, it's just that I've raised the "vote cap" from one to two and wondered if you wanted to use your second vote. It can be a nomad or something else entirely.

It's ok, I'll stick with my idea. We need more Nomads, and I nominate Hawkeye to be one. =)

There are no Troubadours or Valkyries here, this must be corrected.

I was considering HAWTeye, but he has been taken.

Given Troubadours IRL were Medieval bards (never mind these two being promoted already will be Valkyries). Should I bid you to Hark!-en? Or to start Karel-ing?  Let me compare the adjusted bases in my head for a moment (because they come so late growths don't matter as much)....

After doing so, owing to having several more base Speed I deem important over their rival's significant Magic advantage, I hope you like Christmas, because you will be a Kareling (Swordmaster -> Valkyrie). Not that you could really go very wrong with either as a Valk.

Since we get a second vote, are we allowed to choose to change an enemy? Changing one of the Black Fang bosses into something else would be nice and would make for a more unique final chapter. If we can, then make Lloyd a Sage (and put Excalibur on him instead, if possible)

oh yeah, I have a second pick

uhhh

take Farina (Pegasus Knight -> Mage) because I noticed there aren't any unpromoted anima mages now

if I'm doing the math right she now has, for bases:

26 HP, 7 Mag, 11 Skl, 11 Spd, 10 Lck, 9 Def, 14 Res

and for growths:

65% HP, 70% Mag, 40% Skl, 40% Spd, 30% Lck, 18% Def, 35% Res

certainly not the greatest given her join-time and recruitment method, but as far as I can tell the only other unpromoted units who haven't been reclassed are Ninian/Nils (who would have 0 base Mag) and Canas (reclassing him to another mage class would just be boring)

4 hours ago, Ruminant said:

take Farina (Pegasus Knight -> Mage) because I noticed there aren't any unpromoted anima mages now

Uh I think she spawns on a mountain tile beside a river tile, she can't move by herself and will need to be rescued to be recruited

And I just realised fiora spawns in water and can't move in it anymore, so she also needs to be rescuedropped to be recruited

Edited by Pengaius

On 7/26/2018 at 3:38 PM, HTAS said:

Yea, and I got to look my fe7 randomized rom to find Wil and Serra stats and growths. I'm just newbie but, i'm trying how to find the growths of each stat.

edit: nevermind, it seems that i didn't randomized the growth rates, so Wil and Serra growth rates are the same unless I make a custom one just for this PMU

For the randomizer I've used, at least, random growth rates aren't adjusted for the class, they are actually completely random.

23 hours ago, ping said:

Holy shit, that's three wyvern riders in chapter 12. G fucking G.

Time to learn how to add triangle attacks.

10 hours ago, Pengaius said:

Uh I think she spawns on a mountain tile beside a river tile, she can't move by herself and will need to be rescued to be recruited

And I just realised fiora spawns in water and can't move in it anymore, so she also needs to be rescuedropped to be recruited

Thankfully we have Serra, Rebecca, Oswin, Rath and Dorcas for the task!

17 hours ago, saucegoblin said:

Since we get a second vote, are we allowed to choose to change an enemy? Changing one of the Black Fang bosses into something else would be nice and would make for a more unique final chapter. If we can, then make Lloyd a Sage (and put Excalibur on him instead, if possible)

Hm, maybe. There is currently a slight edge to "PME" in the poll, which would allow for that. I don't think I'd do that on its own though, mostly because there are only a few bosses I think people would want to bother with.

Alright, since it's been two weeks and most of the slots have been filled up, but not quite all of them, I am lifting the limit on character votes. Try not to take all of them, but at the same time, go wild.

I'll suggest two edits, is that reasonable? Anyway:

Ninian (Dancer-> Mercenary): whenever I do a randomized ran my dancers always end up as mercenaries/heroes so why not

Harken (Hero-> Berserker)

5 hours ago, Kubson said:

I'll suggest two edits, is that reasonable?

Quite.

It looks like things are headed towards full PME. Once every character is accounted for, I'll close the poll and we'll know for sure.

Nils (Bard -> Priest) He'll be able to grind up to level 7 (if he joins with a few extra heal staves) and it'll be interesting since he shears his stats with ninian (you could get a weirdly resistant mercy at the end of the game)

if you are doing a full pme it would be best to have a look over promotional items, to ensure you have enough. 

Athos -> Sohta (Archsage -> Magic seal) just to screw with ya a little.    

19 hours ago, Dinkiniensis Pontifex said:

Behold! Karla has become your Archsage!

Holy smackers and cheese Karla will actually be very useful.

Nils (Bard -> Priest) He'll be able to grind up to level 7 (if he joins with a few extra heal staves) and it'll be interesting since he shears his stats with ninian (you could get a weirdly resistant mercy at the end of the game)

It'll be doable with plenty of heals and barriers and lots of patience.

if you are doing a full pme it would be best to have a look over promotional items, to ensure you have enough. 

Athos -> Sohta (Archsage -> Magic seal) just to screw with ya a little.    

I'll give that a look, but with the Secret Shop and a little item management we should be fine. In theory.

Also, I'm not curious if Magic Seal does that aura thing automatically if it's a player unit. I remember even as an enemy it's sometimes turned off, right? We'll have to see. I don't want Athos getting in Karla's way.

Anyway, the last character that remains is Renault. For the sake of variety, I will be prohibiting our three quad-voters (@Kubson, @Pengaius, and @Dinkiniensis Pontifex) from choosing his new class. Other than that, it's a free pick for whoever.