FE7 PME: Pink Suit Edition

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to suggest three things (Though I understand if you want to ignore the second and third): First, Slim weapons lose their might but gain 10 Crit for each point of might lost.

Second, is there any chance that the Gespenst druid could be made into Teodor with improved stats from the generic? Or is that stupid?

Third, adjust Eligood's combined bases to (18 HP, 5 Mag, 4 Skl, 6 Spd, 7 Luk, 2 Def and 5 Res) and growths to (60 HP, 55 Mag, 45 Skl, 40 Spd, 40 Luk, 25 Def and 60 Res).

On 10/08/2018 at 10:44 AM, Garlyle said:

I just noticed that Farina is not on the list

Well, that's because good ol speed can't edit the first post anymore after closing the poll, she's a mage ftr

6 hours ago, Pengaius said:

Well, that's because good ol speed can't edit the first post anymore after closing the poll, she's a mage ftr

Well, I can, but it would require either deleting the poll or constantly setting it to expire right after I finish editing it. If no solution to that pops up soon then I'll just keep changing the closing time or maybe record everyone's answers in a post.

@Garlyle Farina is a mage, just for reference.

On 8/10/2018 at 7:18 AM, Dayni said:

I'd like to suggest three things (Though I understand if you want to ignore the second and third): First, Slim weapons lose their might but gain 10 Crit for each point of might lost.

I like this one a lot.

Second, is there any chance that the Gespenst druid could be made into Teodor with improved stats from the generic? Or is that stupid?

Stupid is the name of the game, my friend.

Third, adjust Eligood's combined bases to (18 HP, 5 Mag, 4 Skl, 6 Spd, 7 Luk, 2 Def and 5 Res) and growths to (60 HP, 55 Mag, 45 Skl, 40 Spd, 40 Luk, 25 Def and 60 Res).

I will probably forgo this one, just because I feel that the stupid bases/growths are part of the appeal.

Well, until I'm told to stop picking edits, I'm going to throw some stuff at ya, if possible can you give the berserk staff a devil effect(so it backfires sometimes,berserking the user) vulneraries, heal 7hp but have 15 uses, the iron rune can now be used as an antitoxin as can the Delphi shield (do double check that they remain unbreakable) and using an antitoxin when not poisoned poisons you. 

Battle before dawn zephiel should be stupidly OP like the stats of BB hard mode Murdock op and use Ekesachs and have 20 movement with super aggressive AI

Edited by Pengaius

Can I put in for another edit?

I don't like Nintendo doesn't in the Wii U Virtual Console version of FE7 include the Double Dash Bonus Disk items. So hack them all (or whichever ones you want) into your game. This would be:

• The Dragon Axe
  • A Silver Card
  • The Wind Sword
  • The Emblem Seal
  • The Emblem Sword, Lance, Axe, and Bow.
  • A Thor's Ire
  • And a complete set of non-Boots stat boosters.

Not sure how you'll hack them in. If you used the disk, you could, at Chapter 12 or later, give the items individually to your main lord, or Merlinus if you had him yet. I'd say just scatter the items one by one in the inventories of some characters. In which case, I will assign them as so:

• Eliwood will come with the Goddess Icon.
  • Lyn will have the Emblem Axe.
  • Hector will take the Emblem Lance.
  • Guy can have the Emblem Sword.
  • Lordwen will carry the Body Ring.
  • Bardtre can start with Thor's Ire (should slightly help Marcus being able to 1HKO, the crit bonus given by Thor's Ire I now decree to be +15, 5 more than it presently is). Teodor doesn't drop anything as a boss, Ninis's Grace will now be his to give, he found it in the ruins and decided to keep it.
  • Erk can have the Secret Book.
  • Priscilla will have the Emblem Bow.
  • As a fond memory his dear sister, Raven shall carry the first Speedwing she ever molted (what? you thought Priscilla was human?).
  • Dart can have the Dragonshield.
  • Legault will have the Emblem Seal.
  • Ninian can pack the Wind Sword.
  • Isadora will come not with one Angelic Robe, but TWO now.
  • Wallace can get the Dragon Axe.
  • Geitz will have the Talisman.
  • The Energy Ring, Farina shall bring, the last of the statboosters.
  • Karla can bring the Silver Card. Kinda useless, since on Hard you already get one in Chapter 19x and they don't stack, but think of it as making the final shopping trip slightly less annoying with no need to trade the Silver Card around now.

7 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Can I put in for another edit?

Yes, you may.

I actually really like this edit.

It's weird they wouldn't put those items in the VC version, though. I mean, for the Mega Man Battle Network games they just give you all the secret and other version chips right away. I know one's Capcom, but still, why not include perfectly good assets? Seems you only get the Emblem weapons in randomizers.

7 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Erk can have the Secret Book.

Wallace can get the Dragon Axe.

I must ask if these are Lyn mode or not. This might actually complicate my choice between Geitz and Wallace. I mean, not that much, but that Dragon Axe sounds really neat.

NOTE: Even if I don't outright say I like your edit, chances are that I do. There's been lots of great suggestions so far.

Edited by AnonymousSpeed

8 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

I must ask if these are Lyn mode or not. This might actually complicate my choice between Geitz and Wallace. I mean, not that much, but that Dragon Axe sounds really neat.

The Dragon Axe would be useless for Lyn Mode, since there are no Wyverns there to use it on there (unless somebody wanted to make an edit off my edit and turn Lundgren into a severely nerfed Fire Dragon or something).

Wallace has something of a hard time surviving HHM if you don't promote him in Lyn Mode right (I wouldn't know, since I always aim for Geitz)? Well think of it as a reward for saving him. Promote him in LM however (change the Knight's Crest to a Hero's Crest- Sain and Lucius can still fight him for it, unlike the Knight Crest, which only Florina could use here), and his long run stats are gimped, plus you won't be getting the White Gem due to not 5 Star Funds rank. 

And not Lyn Mode for Erk's Secret Book too.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The Dragon Axe would be useless for Lyn Mode, since there are no Wyverns there to use it on there

That would have been the joke. Well, that axe does make Wallace's route seem a bit more appealing. I'll still probably choose Geitz, just to show off more people, but it's something. That Hero Crest edit will also be made.

Below I've listed the poll responses, with how many votes each option got and who voted for what option. For the first question I made a mention of each respondent, in case some later reader wants to check in on that person's profile. Do forgive the mass mentioning.

Spoiler

Play Lyn Mode?

Hector or Eliwood

Spoiler

Hectorino (18): Florete, Ether, Shimmerfang, Joe Cool, ranger016, ping, Dayni, Garlyle, coldhand25, Ruminant, Tuvy, Hylian Air Force, Pengaius, saucegoblin, Jules, Koumal8, Interdimensional Observer, Rose482

Eligood (7): Michelaar, HTAS, Kubson, NinjaMonkey, Shiinoobi, RexBolt, Sweet Summer Tana

Difficulty?

Spoiler

Hard (13):  Florete, Ether, Shimmerfang, Joe Cool, ranger016, HTAS, Kubson, NinjaMonkey, Tuvy, Shiinoobi, Hylian Air Force, Pengaius, Interdimensional Observer

Yes to the Above (12): Michelaar, ping, Dayni, Garlyle, coldhand25, Ruminant, saucegoblin, RexBolt, Sweet Summer Tana, Jules, Koumal8, Rose482

Should I make this a full PME run instead? So you can have 20 weight slim swords or whatever.

Spoiler

Yeah (13): Florete, Shimmerfang, Joe Cool, Dayni, Garlyle, coldhand25, HTAS, Ruminant, Shiinoobi, Pengaius, Jules, Koumal8, Rose482

Nah (12): Ether, Michelaar, ranger016, ping, Kubson, NinjaMonkey, Tuvy, Hylian Air Force, saucegoblin, RexBolt, Sweet Summer Tana, Interdimensional Observer

Having taken the time to mention you all, I'd also like to take the time to thank you all for voting. I really appreciate that people were actually interested in seeing this and I hope that my slow pace doesn't totally kill your interest in the playthrough.

I'd also like to thank @eclipse, @silveraura25, @garbaeg, and @Dinkiniensis Pontifex. Though you didn't vote on the poll, you still gave valuable input to the project.

• 4 weeks later...

TdNV0Xw.pngwbHEdZ5.png

A brief, month-late reminder that this project is still going on. Note that this demonstration is in Eligood mode because Hectorino Hard Mode is, as far as I can determine, impossible to complete without Lyn mode levels for Matthew.

That wasn't the hold-up though, it was more so this:

FIRSjeB.pnga7hboHB.png

As well as a personal touch of my own:

7X5TzWN.png1Fk6q3W.png

Yes, it's back again, excellent 

On 16/09/2018 at 8:49 PM, AnonymousSpeed said:

mpossible to complete without Lyn mode levels for Matthew.

Does dude Insta kill him at base?

On 9/21/2018 at 2:56 AM, Garlyle said:

Looking forward to this play. Let me know when it begins.

Will do.

On 9/21/2018 at 3:49 PM, Pengaius said:

Really, doesn't hector  have a wolf beil lance

No, but I decided to give him a Heavy Spear in Hector mode just so it would theoretically possible, with a lot of patience and RNG abuse.

Knight Hector has 0 Spd right? Wire has 4 AS on HHM according to SF. To make things a bit less tedious, consider dropping Wire's Speed by a point, or two if negative AS is a thing (since the Heavy Spear is -1 AS to base Hector). No more being doubled, that should make Wire less of a chore.

I look forward to seeing you play this pme :^_^: Also an update on the Hand Axe edit I proposed: now that I started hacking myself and I know more about itI understand that what I meant to propose was to make the Hand Axe a magic weapon hitting res like tomes, I didn't intend for it to behave like a Lightning Sword :P I know you can do it now that I started using FEBuilder, where you can just check the "Magic" box in the item editor

I'm glad to see my laziness hasn't driven people off, though I must admit there is a bit of a wrench in things. You see, I recently found out that Make A Good Mega Man Level Contest 3 is open so, while I'll still be working on this PME, that Mega Man level is going to be a higher priority for me, since that has a submission deadline and this doesn't have a concrete timer.

5 hours ago, Koumal8 said:

I look forward to seeing you play this pme :^_^: Also an update on the Hand Axe edit I proposed: now that I started hacking myself and I know more about itI understand that what I meant to propose was to make the Hand Axe a magic weapon hitting res like tomes, I didn't intend for it to behave like a Lightning Sword :P I know you can do it now that I started using FEBuilder, where you can just check the "Magic" box in the item editor

Ah, well, that should certainly make axes quite powerful. I actually had another question for you- will Elfire tomes also have +8 might and +8 weight? Or just the basic fire tome?

8 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Knight Hector has 0 Spd right? Wire has 4 AS on HHM according to SF. To make things a bit less tedious, consider dropping Wire's Speed by a point, or two if negative AS is a thing (since the Heavy Spear is -1 AS to base Hector). No more being doubled, that should make Wire less of a chore.

Maybe I'll play test and see how necessary it is- I'm not sure about negative attack speed, but I know negative defense works just fine, so...yeah. We'll check back on that.

9 hours ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

Ah, well, that should certainly make axes quite powerful. I actually had another question for you- will Elfire tomes also have +8 might and +8 weight? Or just the basic fire tome?

Heck yeah, why not! XD Elfire shall get +8 Mt and Wt too!