What if Tellius was a trilogy?

Jotari

All this talk about Miaciah has me thinking on this question. It's something I've seen thrown around somewhat often in the past, but I can't recall ever seeing a dedicated thread. Namely, what if Tellius was a Trilogy instead of two games? The desire for this mainly comes from the fact that Miaciah gets sidelined hard in the latter half of Radiant Dawn, and Part 4 kind of comes in as a very heavy swerve to game's plot, changing the focus of the conflict entirely. If the series was conceived in a pattern of an Ike game, a Micaiah game, and then a fused final game, it could allow for much more natural pacing and character focus. Micaiah getting replaced with Yune would be less of an issue because she had her own game. It could even fix the relevance of Radiant Dawn's part 2, as it would be seen much less as filler if it was essentially the final game's tutorial chapters.

Now obvious this wouldn't just involve releaseing Radiant Dawn as two games, it would mean refocusing Part 1 as a longer story. One of the things I think I would have liked to see most was a bit more of the Dawn Brigade's shenanigans. They're established pretty well as this group that goes around helping people, but almost immediately they suddenly decide to abandon their MO to try and find Pelleas on a bunch of rumors. Seeing more of their standard lives and the danger build up to that might work better. Instead of going out to the desert in Chapter 4, maybe they come to that decision in Chapter 7 or 8. Plus, urban environments are quite rare for Fire Emblem, so it'd be nice to see some more of them while the game has a pretty good reason to feature such battles.

Next thing that I think would probably happen if this was the case would be the wrapping up of the Izuka subplot with Renning. It's shoved in pretty hard in Part 4 and is quite egregious given the whole "everyone in the world has been turned to stone, except for the characters involved in this dangling plot thread". Sure it wouldn't fit massively better if moved to Part 1 (and would cause some problems with Izuka's role in making Pelleas sign the blood pact, though we could get around that by giving Izuka an underling who is much less obviously evil, that could actually work as a decent plot twist as Izuka would make up the bulk of the player's suspicion), but I think better than part 4. Plus Volke as the game's Gotoh Archtype could be cool.

Last thing I'd like to speculate before opening it to the table is the final boss of the Micaiah game. I like Jarod, but I'm not sure he'd be strong enough to carry a full game on his own (and Numida would need quite a revamp to not be forgettable trash as far as characters go imo). Then again Veld managed to work as Thracia's final boss, so maybe he could pull it off. Stretching out the Part 1 plot to a complete narrative would also of course mean changing a lot of things for Part 3 and 4 of Radiant Dawn, although I don't have many ideas myself about how that could work. Maybe with more time to work with, they could rewrite the blood pact angle that everyone's always complaining about. Although, honestly, Radiant Dawn is so long, you could probably have Part 3 and 4 as a full game without altering much.20-30 chapters is the standard length for a Fire Emblem game and it's already in that margin.

It would require a lot of rewriting I think in concept. Radiant Dawn, at least in my opinion, was not a very well written game with the exception of Part 2 (which was oddly incredible?) and if the quality of Part 1 stayed relatively the same it could absolutely sour the trilogy and the sales of the third game. Then again, Conquest is still praised a lot (not for its writing but for other reasons) and sold pretty damn well in spite of its flaws.

What I'm more interested in is characters. Part 1 absolutely doesn't have a full cast by the standards of the time that game came out. They'd have to do something with introducing additional characters or having more people come back. The change in length and breaking up the games would also certainly benefit characters like Tormod, Vika, and Muarim a lot since they'd join and then stay until the end of the game, while in the third trilogy game they could rejoin without being severely underleveled due to missing literally everything.

I know this post kind of just reads like thought spaghetti but those are the two things that come across as the most important to me just from thinking of this concept even briefly.

I find it difficult to make  Tellius into a trilogy, since it stretches the flaws even more. While PoR is fine beginning, the problem start to rise in RD and Miaciah. In my opinion, Miaciah does not have the strength to make her game,  her hypothetical game would feel to have a high amount of padding. Fire Emblem games are supposed to be about would traveling adventures not just being in one country. I know FE5 exist but, Leif, victories mean still in the long term. 

I think this would've been the best idea before RD was made, but now that it has been made, maybe not so much. RD could benefit from giving Micaiah and the DB a couple more chapters to develop and gain exp in though. And if the game had actual support conversations. The lack of these things left them all boring and undeveloped imo.

21 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

I find it difficult to make  Tellius into a trilogy, since it stretches the flaws even more. While PoR is fine beginning, the problem start to rise in RD and Miaciah. In my opinion, Miaciah does not have the strength to make her game,  her hypothetical game would feel to have a high amount of padding. Fire Emblem games are supposed to be about would traveling adventures not just being in one country. I know FE5 exist but, Leif, victories mean still in the long term. 

I don't know what you mean by that last statement, but Leif's country is entirely liberated by the end of his game. Sure there's still a massive empire out there to fight, but A Radiant Dawn Part 1 could end on a similar note, as Bengion does still exist and it wouldn't be hard to implement foreshadowing for Parts 3 and 4.

41 minutes ago, Darros said:

What I'm more interested in is characters. Part 1 absolutely doesn't have a full cast by the standards of the time that game came out. They'd have to do something with introducing additional characters or having more people come back. The change in length and breaking up the games would also certainly benefit characters like Tormod, Vika, and Muarim a lot since they'd join and then stay until the end of the game, while in the third trilogy game they could rejoin without being severely underleveled due to missing literally everything.

I know this post kind of just reads like thought spaghetti but those are the two things that come across as the most important to me just from thinking of this concept even briefly.

This is true, Part 1 has 20 characters including the Black Knight. The smallest army in the series is Genealogy's 18, but that's a bit of a special case as it's full deployment (and the number of characters is much bigger due to the gen and substitute split). The Sacred Stones I think has the smallest regular cast at 33, and even that feels quite limited. I'd a hypothetical Radiant Dawn Part 2 to have at least 40 characters to work. Some other Path of Radiance characters like Haar might work, but on the whole it would probably mean a bunch of new original characters. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing. Oh, and Pelleas absolutely could be playable. That'd make his death in the sequel seem much more unlikely. It'd be like killing of Elincia.

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I think this would've been the best idea before RD was made, but now that it has been made, maybe not so much. RD could benefit from giving Micaiah and the DB a couple more chapters to develop and gain exp in though. And if the game had actual support conversations. The lack of these things left them all boring and undeveloped imo.

Well yeah, it's never going to happen now. IS isn't going to waste the effort completely revamping a story they've already told, but it's fun to speculate what could have been.

Edited by Jotari

Having Part 1 be its own game would've certainly be interesting, in my opinion.

1 hour ago, Jotari said:

This is true, Part 1 has 20 characters including the Black Knight. The smallest army in the series is Genealogy's 18, but that's a bit of a special case as it's full deployment (and the number of characters is much bigger due to the gen and substitute split). The Sacred Stones I think has the smallest regular cast at 33, and even that feels quite limited. I'd a hypothetical Radiant Dawn Part 2 to have at least 40 characters to work. Some other Path of Radiance characters like Haar might work, but on the whole it would probably mean a bunch of new original characters. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing. Oh, and Pelleas absolutely could be playable. That'd make his death in the sequel seem much more unlikely. It'd be like killing of Elincia.

Genealogy's max is actually 24.

Having to add new characters, that's something I'd agree with. More so if a few are also from Hatari. Actually, perhaps an expanded Part 1 can also mean an actual trip to Hatari. That said, I could think of a few ways to have more characters without adding that many new ones.

An interesting thing could've been adding a few of the PoR Daein bosses, those from maps where their deaths aren't needed to give plausibility to their survival. From RD itself, there's also Goran, the 3-11 boss. 3-12 text also metions a General Maiel, that could also be a prospect PC. I suppose at the end of the day lots of new characters would still be needed, but at least not as much now.

28 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Having Part 1 be its own game would've certainly be interesting, in my opinion.

Genealogy's max is actually 24.

Having to add new characters, that's something I'd agree with. More so if a few are also from Hatari. Actually, perhaps an expanded Part 1 can also mean an actual trip to Hatari. That said, I could think of a few ways to have more characters without adding that many new ones.

An interesting thing could've been adding a few of the PoR Daein bosses, those from maps where their deaths aren't needed to give plausibility to their survival. From RD itself, there's also Goran, the 3-11 boss. 3-12 text also metions a General Maiel, that could also be a prospect PC. I suppose at the end of the day lots of new characters would still be needed, but at least not as much now.

Oh wow. So it does. Don't know why 18 was the figure in my head.

3 hours ago, Darros said:

It would require a lot of rewriting I think in concept. Radiant Dawn, at least in my opinion, was not a very well written game with the exception of Part 2 (which was oddly incredible?) and if the quality of Part 1 stayed relatively the same it could absolutely sour the trilogy and the sales of the third game. 

Ironically, that's the filler part of RD, as that part adds absolutely nothing to the overall plot. 

2 hours ago, Jotari said:

I don't know what you mean by that last statement, but Leif's country is entirely liberated by the end of his game. Sure there's still a massive empire out there to fight, but A Radiant Dawn Part 1 could end on a similar note, as Bengion does still exist and it wouldn't be hard to implement foreshadowing for Parts 3 and 4.

That is true. Thracia 776 is the midquel of Genealogy, a unique move in Fire Emblem, as it takes place directly in between an ongoing story in a way. This isn't like Gaiden/Echoes, that happened after Shadow Dragon, and before Mystery. 

I can totally imagine Part 1 be a game in itself. We should also remember that Micaiah has been fighting Begnion rule for a while too.

27 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Ironically, that's the filler part of RD, as that part adds absolutely nothing to the overall plot. 

That is true. Thracia 776 is the midquel of Genealogy, a unique move in Fire Emblem, as it takes place directly in between an ongoing story in a way. This isn't like Gaiden/Echoes, that happened after Shadow Dragon, and before Mystery. 

I can totally imagine Part 1 be a game in itself. We should also remember that Micaiah has been fighting Begnion rule for a while too.

The set up with Part 1 and Thracia 776 is actually really similar, only a group like the Magi Squad have the main focus instead of Leif. It's kind of like, what if Sety actually joined Leif and was the lord of the game? Both games even feature a morally dubious adviser in the form of Agust and Izuka!

Edited by Jotari

1 minute ago, Mister Rogers said:

i kinda want to see a midquel of tellius where we see how largo lost that arm.

I kind of assumed it was during the war against Ashnard.

3 minutes ago, Jotari said:

I kind of assumed it was during the war against Ashnard.

i can't back this up, but I swear we woulda gotten info on that in his epilogue. 

5 minutes ago, Mister Rogers said:

i can't back this up, but I swear we woulda gotten info on that in his epilogue. 

Path of Radiance didn't have epilogues though. It just had all the cast stand in front of Ike and tell him their plans. It'd be really weird if he suddenly mentioned he just lost an arm had they done it that way. Plus, I'm quite sure it was a decision they made between the two games when they decided Berserkers weren't going to exist in Radiant Dawn for some reason (not that they couldn't have retooled Largo has a warrior. I'm kind of glad they didn't though, him being inexplicably unplayable out of the entire previous task makes him stand out a lot more than he would have otherwise).

Edited by Jotari

37 minutes ago, Jotari said:

The set up with Part 1 and Thracia 776 is actually really similar, only a group like the Magi Squad have the main focus instead of Leif. It's kind of like, what if Sety actually joined Leif and was the lord of the game? Both games even feature a morally dubious adviser in the form of Agust and Izuka!

Except Izuka is a shithead and August is a realist.

23 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Path of Radiance didn't have epilogues though. It just had all the cast stand in front of Ike and tell him their plans. It'd be really weird if he suddenly mentioned he just lost an arm had they done it that way. Plus, I'm quite sure it was a decision they made between the two games when they decided Berserkers weren't going to exist in Radiant Dawn for some reason (not that they couldn't have retooled Largo has a warrior. I'm kind of glad they didn't though, him being inexplicably unplayable out of the entire previous task makes him stand out a lot more than he would have otherwise).

I will say this, radiant dawn largo is way more memorable than path of radiance largo. (helps that he has some vague semblance of importance in this one and isn't as easy to skip as calill)

also, I thought he lost his arm in a very tragic runaway apple cart incident.

Well it could work since the Tellius games didn't really finish things off that well with a satisfying conclusion. Lots of things were up to interpretation and most of the character endings were incredibly lazy. 

Or, they could skip to Lehran and Altina finding the new hero with descendants of the old cast around. And of course Kurthnaga would still be around. 

Tellius as a trilogy plus a shorter online only sidestory (RD Part 2) would be ideal.

Part 1 as its own game would be interesting, since it would be an inherently smaller, more intimate and down to earth conflict than most in FE, one that would really have the potential to flesh out Daein. When I see all the names of places on the world map, it makes me want to visual theme and enrich them with detail, and a game centered wholly in one country would allow that to happen.

The benefits to Part 3 of such divide would be that it could spend much longer being a real grand military campaign, the splendid mood captured through the first half or so of Part 3. It would also permit diplomatic politics to be more gradual and nuanced. Maybe we could even find realistic justification for some warring in Phoenicis and Gallia, which would help flesh out these underdeveloped countries. Naesala's betrayal could also be delayed, allowing it to have a greater impact and not just "Naesala is up to no good again, oh well!". Part 4 would benefit too, but not as readily so to me.

I feel that making the Tellius games a trilogy could really help with Dawn Brigade since the characters are barely fleshed out and suffered from being under leveled later in the game.  An expansion of Part 1 would help with those issues, and it would be interesting to see more of Daein.

Yeah, I think I've said a couple of times already that an exclusive game to develop the Dawn Brigade would be good for fleshing out its characters for the climax of the story. The revolution itself felt rushed in Radiant Dawn, and they could add some Daein exclusive characters to the party and make them similar to sympathetic villains (like, well, Stroheim from JoJo part 2). I wouldn't mind having Jarod and a Begnion senator as the final bosses (only for the player to discover that the Begnion senator in question is nowhere to be seen, with Jarod being the only one to take the blame, ultimately backstabbed).

5 hours ago, Rapier said:

Yeah, I think I've said a couple of times already that an exclusive game to develop the Dawn Brigade would be good for fleshing out its characters for the climax of the story. The revolution itself felt rushed in Radiant Dawn, and they could add some Daein exclusive characters to the party and make them similar to sympathetic villains (like, well, Stroheim from JoJo part 2). I wouldn't mind having Jarod and a Begnion senator as the final bosses (only for the player to discover that the Begnion senator in question is nowhere to be seen, with Jarod being the only one to take the blame, ultimately backstabbed).

I actually think it'd be better if we actually defeated Numida at the end of the second game. Him surviving in Radiant Dawn is fine as is, but I think if Part 1 is an independent game, then it would need a stronger finale, narrativly speaking. Plus, it's not like Numida dies anything in the rest of the game anyway. His betrayal just serves to remind us of how much of self serving dick the senate are.

A prequel based on Lehran's perspective and the Three Heroes could be interesting, then eventually focusing on the four riders back when Gawain was involved. So much lore could be covered, but I feel like I'm just a sucker for prequels in general. Like FFX-2 totally should've been Braska/Jecht/Auron's story.

12 hours ago, Jotari said:

I actually think it'd be better if we actually defeated Numida at the end of the second game. Him surviving in Radiant Dawn is fine as is, but I think if Part 1 is an independent game, then it would need a stronger finale, narrativly speaking. Plus, it's not like Numida dies anything in the rest of the game anyway. His betrayal just serves to remind us of how much of self serving dick the senate are.

We could also make it a 2 parts map (first in the courtyard, then inside the castle proper) where, if you beat it in X turns, you go to a version of the second part where Numida didn't escape in time and has to fend for himself. If you do defeat him, not only would it feel more gratifying, but IS could implement something in the endgame save where, when carried over to the third game, the player is gifted by the Empress or some representative from Begnion for taking care of a corrupt senator.

Part one does seem rather rushed as certain battles were entirely skipped except for a narration. 

I think the developer's notes can be implemented to show us the beginning of the Dawn Brigade. This way you can have a chapter where Leonardo is running away from the occupation army, and Edward is doing the same but with more success. Eventually, Edward saves Leonardo and they become fast friends. 

The next chapter can have Edward and Leonardo fend off against the Begnion Occupation forces and when all hope seems lost, Nolan joins the fray and helps them. 

Then the third chapter can have Micaiah and Sothe meet up with the others who then escape to the hideout. After that, we can see some of Nolan's leadership in action with a fourth chapter because he was supposed to be the leader but eventually the story will continue as it did in canon, where Micaiah ends up becoming the defacto leader due to being more charismatic. This way the change will be more progressive and feel less sudden and rushed. 

After chapter 1-6, it is said that Jarod ends up forcing the Daein army on the defensive so it would be nice to see a whole chapter of this in action prior to the prison escape in chapter 1-7. 

Spoiler

The Liberation Army's sweeping victory seems to signal a turn in the war for
Daein. However, General Jarod uses his superior numbers to harry the group and
threaten their fragile momentum. Begnion has fortified its army with weapons
and supplies bought with funds stolen from Daein. Begnion has also purchased
the swords of a vast number of mercenaries from these same stolen funds.

After the prison break of chapter 1-7, there was major fighting in many areas where the Daein Liberation Army was finally on the offensive and liberated much of the land including Talrega. Unfortunately, the actual story doesn't show this, just tells us through the narration. Of course I don't expect them to show every single territory liberated but it would at least be nice to see the liberation of Talrega especially since it was previously mentioned to be a bad idea and due to it being Jill's hometown which can allow Jill to get more screen time. 

Spoiler

Laguz warriors led by Tormod join the escaped prisoners, and Daein's army grows
ever larger. Its victories at Talrega and other locations have strengthened its
position. The army rides across the land, liberating prisoners from Begnion
encampments. The Daein ranks swell with the influx of veteran soldiers, and the
men begin to dream of the day when they may retake the capital.

Like a fever, conflict grips the nation. The night will be long before this
fever breaks. All eyes turn towards Daein's capital as the liberation begins
what all believe will be a long and bloody march.

After the swamp map in chapter 1-8, it was said that Micaiah finally leads a lightning fast offensive towards Nevessa. That sounds quite exciting but once again, we're not shown this. 

Spoiler

General Jarod redeploys his men to key locations to better defend the capital
city. Jarod's forces still outnumber those of the Daein liberators, and he has
hardened his defenses in hopes of holding off Micaiah's army.

The liberation forces fight with a fury not to be denied, however, and the
occupation army begins to lose its will to fight. Breaking through enemy lines
again and again, Micaiah's forces gain vital ground and momentum.

Despite the anger Micaiah feels toward Izuka for his treatment of their laguz
allies, she continues to lead the army in its lightning-quick advance. Nevassa
is now mere days away.

Another thing to note is how all Daein fighters that you control are goody-two shoes. There are no racists which is odd as it goes against Daein's world building. To rectify this, it would be nice if in one of those new chapters, we're introduced to characters like General Goron and General Maeil so that when they are sent to their deaths in part 3, we actually remember who they are instead of them being forgettable generics. It could add some more grey morality in part one because Daein isn't exactly filled with good guys. 

A line from the designer notes intrigues me as it shows that prior to the events of part 1, Micaiah wasn't confident in her special abilities. Later on, we should see how she becomes more confident in her fortune telling powers. 

Spoiler

However, she starts thinking that she might not be able to save others by using those powers.

However towards the end of part one, Micaiah's mind becomes foggy and can't predict the future well anymore which could have been shown in more detail in the previous chapter. This would make Micaiah understand that she should have confidence in her abilities, but not too much, which would allow the readers to see that she's becoming a better leader even without those powers as the war goes on. Essentially, we first have a Micaiah who is not very confident, then we have a Micaiah who is now confident and finally we have a Micaiah who is cautiously confident. 

Spoiler

Micaiah: Sothe, I hadn't told you, but I haven't been feeling well lately. My
    mind feels...foggy. Things I could always see clearly are now dim and
    vague. I may have committed us to an irreversible fate.

Overall, I managed to add 7 more chapters to part one. Still not enough for a full-fledged Fire Emblem game but if you add part 2 as well, I think it can work.

Edited by Icelerate

12 hours ago, Icelerate said:

Part one does seem rather rushed as certain battles were entirely skipped except for a narration. 

I think the developer's notes can be implemented to show us the beginning of the Dawn Brigade. This way you can have a chapter where Leonardo is running away from the occupation army, and Edward is doing the same but with more success. Eventually, Edward saves Leonardo and they become fast friends. 

The next chapter can have Edward and Leonardo fend off against the Begnion Occupation forces and when all hope seems lost, Nolan joins the fray and helps them. 

Then the third chapter can have Micaiah and Sothe meet up with the others who then escape to the hideout. After that, we can see some of Nolan's leadership in action with a fourth chapter because he was supposed to be the leader but eventually the story will continue as it did in canon, where Micaiah ends up becoming the defacto leader due to being more charismatic. This way the change will be more progressive and feel less sudden and rushed. 

After chapter 1-6, it is said that Jarod ends up forcing the Daein army on the defensive so it would be nice to see a whole chapter of this in action prior to the prison escape in chapter 1-7. 

Hide contents

The Liberation Army's sweeping victory seems to signal a turn in the war for
Daein. However, General Jarod uses his superior numbers to harry the group and
threaten their fragile momentum. Begnion has fortified its army with weapons
and supplies bought with funds stolen from Daein. Begnion has also purchased
the swords of a vast number of mercenaries from these same stolen funds.

After the prison break of chapter 1-7, there was major fighting in many areas where the Daein Liberation Army was finally on the offensive and liberated much of the land including Talrega. Unfortunately, the actual story doesn't show this, just tells us through the narration. Of course I don't expect them to show every single territory liberated but it would at least be nice to see the liberation of Talrega especially since it was previously mentioned to be a bad idea and due to it being Jill's hometown which can allow Jill to get more screen time. 

Hide contents

Laguz warriors led by Tormod join the escaped prisoners, and Daein's army grows
ever larger. Its victories at Talrega and other locations have strengthened its
position. The army rides across the land, liberating prisoners from Begnion
encampments. The Daein ranks swell with the influx of veteran soldiers, and the
men begin to dream of the day when they may retake the capital.

Like a fever, conflict grips the nation. The night will be long before this
fever breaks. All eyes turn towards Daein's capital as the liberation begins
what all believe will be a long and bloody march.

After the swamp map in chapter 1-8, it was said that Micaiah finally leads a lightning fast offensive towards Nevessa. That sounds quite exciting but once again, we're not shown this. 

Reveal hidden contents

General Jarod redeploys his men to key locations to better defend the capital
city. Jarod's forces still outnumber those of the Daein liberators, and he has
hardened his defenses in hopes of holding off Micaiah's army.

The liberation forces fight with a fury not to be denied, however, and the
occupation army begins to lose its will to fight. Breaking through enemy lines
again and again, Micaiah's forces gain vital ground and momentum.

Despite the anger Micaiah feels toward Izuka for his treatment of their laguz
allies, she continues to lead the army in its lightning-quick advance. Nevassa
is now mere days away.

Another thing to note is how all Daein fighters that you control are goody-two shoes. There are no racists which is odd as it goes against Daein's world building. To rectify this, it would be nice if in one of those new chapters, we're introduced to characters like General Goron and General Maeil so that when they are sent to their deaths in part 3, we actually remember who they are instead of them being forgettable generics. It could add some more grey morality in part one because Daein isn't exactly filled with good guys. 

A line from the designer notes intrigues me as it shows that prior to the events of part 1, Micaiah wasn't confident in her special abilities. Later on, we should see how she becomes more confident in her fortune telling powers. 

Hide contents

However, she starts thinking that she might not be able to save others by using those powers.

However towards the end of part one, Micaiah's mind becomes foggy and can't predict the future well anymore which could have been shown in more detail in the previous chapter. This would make Micaiah understand that she should have confidence in her abilities, but not too much, which would allow the readers to see that she's becoming a better leader even without those powers as the war goes on. Essentially, we first have a Micaiah who is not very confident, then we have a Micaiah who is now confident and finally we have a Micaiah who is cautiously confident. 

Reveal hidden contents

Micaiah: Sothe, I hadn't told you, but I haven't been feeling well lately. My
    mind feels...foggy. Things I could always see clearly are now dim and
    vague. I may have committed us to an irreversible fate.

Overall, I managed to add 7 more chapters to part one. Still not enough for a full-fledged Fire Emblem game but if you add part 2 as well, I think it can work.

You've just made me realize that Micaiah's supplementing of Nolan as leader of the dawn brigade directly mirrors her relationship with Pelkeas. Not sure if that is or isn't something that should be leaned into in this hypothetical version of events 

11 hours ago, Jotari said:

You've just made me realize that Micaiah's supplementing of Nolan as leader of the dawn brigade directly mirrors her relationship with Pelkeas. Not sure if that is or isn't something that should be leaned into in this hypothetical version of events 

I noticed the parallel myself back when I was writing my Micaiah Character Analysis. In chapter 1-1, the game makes it clear Nolan is the leader but by chapter 1-2, Micaiah decides on her own to support Laura and everyone starts complying. 

BTW, do you think part 1 can be extended to approximately 30 chapters without the game having too much pointless filler and egregious padding. Part one doesn't have that large of a playable cast and it doesn't make much sense they need 30 chapters to develop. While part one does feel rushed, I do like the succinct nature because it meant that every single chapter had a lot of important character development or plot development.