What if Tellius was a trilogy?

Jotari

19 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

I noticed the parallel myself back when I was writing my Micaiah Character Analysis. In chapter 1-1, the game makes it clear Nolan is the leader but by chapter 1-2, Micaiah decides on her own to support Laura and everyone starts complying. 

BTW, do you think part 1 can be extended to approximately 30 chapters without the game having too much pointless filler and egregious padding. Part one doesn't have that large of a playable cast and it doesn't make much sense they need 30 chapters to develop. While part one does feel rushed, I do like the succinct nature because it meant that every single chapter had a lot of important character development or plot development. 

It depends when it happens. Think about it like this. 

In FE4, we didn't get that many characters from Leif, just him, Nanna, and Finn I believe. But in Thracia, we see that Leif has a lot more characters on his side. 

So the characters we see in Part 1 where the Dawn Brigade exists is just one part, but the Dawn Brigade could be much bigger.

This way, we can have it that it takes place even before when RD started off, so that we have characters joining in, fighting to free Daein, and thus extend this to many chapters about the struggle they go through just before they finally catch up to part 1.

8 hours ago, Icelerate said:

I noticed the parallel myself back when I was writing my Micaiah Character Analysis. In chapter 1-1, the game makes it clear Nolan is the leader but by chapter 1-2, Micaiah decides on her own to support Laura and everyone starts complying. 

BTW, do you think part 1 can be extended to approximately 30 chapters without the game having too much pointless filler and egregious padding. Part one doesn't have that large of a playable cast and it doesn't make much sense they need 30 chapters to develop. While part one does feel rushed, I do like the succinct nature because it meant that every single chapter had a lot of important character development or plot development. 

Doesn't need to be 30 chapters. The Sacred Stones only has 23 chapters per playthrough; though I don't think the Sacred Stones should be hailed as a paragon of such things, as I felt that game too rushed and underdeveloped. Part 1 wouldn't really have as much of a problem like that if it was only two dozen chapters though, as you're only exploring one country. The seven chapters you added are great ideas, and I think you could make good use of filler spread out to bolster things. For example, after the prison escape chapter we could have another chapter where the group actively makes their way to the desert, pursued by Daein Troops, similar to Chapter 7 of Thracia 776. In fact, I think a few more chapters here could be beneficial to build up the encounter with Pelleas, which happens rather suddenly in the game (a dedicated Meg introduction chapter would probably help her over the whole random base conversation thing too). They wouldn't contribute greatly to all that much, but it would slow the pace down a bit and build anticipation. Additionally, you could definitely add another chapter to the final map and have them taking the outside of the castle before moving inwards to Jarod, as is common in a great deal of final chapters in the series. Some other notable events could also have two dedicated chapters instead of one, like the liberation of Talrega. Even in the base game they dedicate two chapters to Marado.

13 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Doesn't need to be 30 chapters. The Sacred Stones only has 23 chapters per playthrough; though I don't think the Sacred Stones should be hailed as a paragon of such things, as I felt that game too rushed and underdeveloped. Part 1 wouldn't really have as much of a problem like that if it was only two dozen chapters though, as you're only exploring one country. The seven chapters you added are great ideas, and I think you could make good use of filler spread out to bolster things. For example, after the prison escape chapter we could have another chapter where the group actively makes their way to the desert, pursued by Daein Troops, similar to Chapter 7 of Thracia 776. In fact, I think a few more chapters here could be beneficial to build up the encounter with Pelleas, which happens rather suddenly in the game (a dedicated Meg introduction chapter would probably help her over the whole random base conversation thing too). They wouldn't contribute greatly to all that much, but it would slow the pace down a bit and build anticipation. Additionally, you could definitely add another chapter to the final map and have them taking the outside of the castle before moving inwards to Jarod, as is common in a great deal of final chapters in the series. Some other notable events could also have two dedicated chapters instead of one, like the liberation of Talrega. Even in the base game they dedicate two chapters to Marado.

At least in Sacred Stones, there is the route split which gives us six additional chapters in the other route. 

Agreed with Meg. She could get more depth to her character that way as well instead of being randomly found. 

I have no problem with two parters, but in terms of narrative, I only count them as a singular chapter because it's not like there is story development of two chapters, just two maps played one after the other. Maybe in the liberation of Talrega, we might see Haar ferrying supplies to Begnion as he's a delivery man but Jill convinces him to help them although his dislike of Daein means he's very reluctant. More Haar is always nice. 

Do you think part two needs any changes? I think after Geoffrey goes back to Elincia after chapter 2-3, he could fight some enemies along the way but has to reach Fort Pinel in a set amount of turns. 

3 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

At least in Sacred Stones, there is the route split which gives us six additional chapters in the other route. 

Agreed with Meg. She could get more depth to her character that way as well instead of being randomly found. 

I have no problem with two parters, but in terms of narrative, I only count them as a singular chapter because it's not like there is story development of two chapters, just two maps played one after the other. Maybe in the liberation of Talrega, we might see Haar ferrying supplies to Begnion as he's a delivery man but Jill convinces him to help them although his dislike of Daein means he's very reluctant. More Haar is always nice. 

Do you think part two needs any changes? I think after Geoffrey goes back to Elincia after chapter 2-3, he could fight some enemies along the way but has to reach Fort Pinel in a set amount of turns. 

As I said in the OP, I think Part 2 would work fine as is, except moved to the final game with the gameplay retooled to more resemble tutorial chapters.