SFMM5 Game Thread- Town wins!

riariadne

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 7/22/2018 at 2:45 AM, Omega. said:

funeral-burial.jpg

Today, we gather around. We come together for the burial of Refa of Serenes Forest, here for many years. 

Refa lived a good life. He was a good guy. He had lynched many a wolf in his lifetime, over and over again. I recall some games where I'd look out on the frontlines, and there he was, that little squirtle with shades drinking a cheap soda and tossing it aside before dunking on the nearest wolf. I remember it just like it was yesterday.

That said, there was more to Refa than lynching wolves. He was also a pretty cool guy. I would meme with him on discord, sometimes leaving a shitpost or two, or six. Those were great times, 110% swag certified. I remember one time we wolfed together, and many lols were had as we dunked on villas then memed in wolfchat. I actually think that was back in the days where Skype was the main communication tool for outside of forums, so we've been bois for awhile.

Yet with his passing, we can be content that there is going to be a little bit of peace in this village before we inevitably shit on the next wolf. I think had Refa been a villager in this case, some of his last words to me would have been, "Stay woke, boyo." However, since he wasn't, he instead said, "I'm in antispew, we tried to kill u last night, good luck dude lol." It's a bit disheartening. I didn't want my last interaction with him to have been like that. But like they say: sometimes life takes you in an unexpected direction. And when you're wolfin', you only have so much time before the dank memes catch up to you.

We need to stay woke. This is a nice victory for the village. I look out at you amongst the crowd and see the faces of Amy, SullyMcGully, EvanManManMan, Killthestory, and several others. But I also see a lot of fur. I hope to see less of it in the upcoming days as we purge this village of wolves and feast on them as the pelts we collected from them adorn the dinner table of swag we've decided to sit at.

Doc, you're going to have to be on me tonight. I know people like to come up with lolreasons to distrust me in every game here despite me being amongst the most obvious villagers to walk the earth, but we have to put that aside for now and work together. Sully DM'd me earlier today saying he's heard "many mixed opinions of me", but I'd say anyone who has shaded me behind my back instead of getting at me has a decent chance of being a wolf. A good wolf strategy for D1 in this gamestate/game type is to shade/shit on villagers outside of the TLs, then kill them at night, after talking down their slot during the day. The public villacore is myself, Amy, Sully, Evan, and Killthestory. Along with that we have secret V reads that we will be taking great effort to mask and shade in an attempt to keep the innocents alive til lategame as we craft a winnable gamestate. I've already had several wolves DM me trying to barter with me, saying "Yolo, please don't dunk on me. I'll bus my bro if you let me live." Others have even been faking logs with each other in an attempt to pretend that they're solving. I responded with a hearty lol, and proceeded to shitpost in public chat every time.

Villagers need to rally around the innocent while we still have time, or we may find ourselves having an equal amount of wolves to villagers, at which point all hope will be lost. We won't let it get to that point. If you are a villager, rejoice, for victory is at hand and only a matter of time. This is my first OC game, and I hope for it to be my last. I want to bring home the W and retire undefeated, the same way I've done with other game variants like Mafia Chumps and light games on MU. Brooklyn may no longer be with us, but I know she's watching from a better place and smiling as we finish what she started.

I leave you with this meme in memory of our fallen friend. 

Tq94MhN.gif

i love this

Final Votals

Refa (11): Evan, Omega, Marth, Weapons, Shinori, SB, Athena_57, Snike, CT075, Iris, Blitz
athena (1): Via
Evan (3): Refa, Sully, Elieson
Omega (1): Killthestory

How decisive.
To be honest the player-written obituary is hard to beat. Instead of competing, we will just not, and give you what you really want.

Refa has been lynched. He was:

--

Refa, you are Grace, the Spiteful One.

You have played a lot and hosted a lot over the years, and you always did these really short posts in succession, which was annoying but beats a Eury wall any day at least. You’d think the sort nature of posts would naturally lend to OC play, but you’ve never been a fan. Maybe you just want your epic rivalry with BBM to be seen by everyone. I also think your setups are really whack, though you are not my least favorite host.

For some godforsaken reason, you think Tailor is a reasonable town role. We do not, so you’re on the mafia. Each night, you can respond to this role PM with “Night X: Getting USER up to speed on the latest fashion”, followed by a fake role PM. For all intents and purposes, USER will show up to any roles that investigate them as that fake role PM for the night.

Roleblocker is also among your favorites, and if you have anything to say about it, this setup will have one too! Each night, you can respond to this role PM with “Night X: Not tonight, USER!” USER will be blocked on all night actions they attempt.

However, one way of stopping people’s actions is not enough for you. Once in the game, at night, you can respond to this role PM with “Night X: Roleblocking people who visit USER!” Yes, you will share the joy some more, stopping USER from being targeted for the night. This doesn’t actually stop anyone who visits USER from targeting other people if they do that, though.

In summary, you’re the Tailor Roleblocker + One-Shot Omniguard.
You are aligned with the NOC Diehards and win if all threats to your team are eliminated.

--

It is now Night 2. Don't post in the thread still. Night 2 ends at 8 PM EST, or in 47 hours 50 minutes. Get those night actions in!

Hey, what's up guys? I'm ready to lynch all of the scum. No one dies in this game, right?

latest?cb=20170929121749

O-oh.

• riariadne changed the title to SFMM5 Game Thread- Night 2

There's a chill in the air as you gather in the town hall to see who is still alive. You were relieved to find no one had died yesterday, and even more relieved to find out that Refa was conspiring against you after you'd stabbed him to death. Er, well, you knew he'd been doing that before you'd killed him. You'd never just kill someone because you were paranoid about them... Haha... No, really...

Someone closes the door behind you to keep the warmth inside as you begin doing a headcount. Halfway through, you hear a knock at the door.

"Who's there?" someone asks, but the only answer is more knocking.

As you get up to go see who it is, there's a scream from the other side of the room.

Shinori has been killed.

Shinori, you are BBM, the Illiterate Gunman.

A relative veteran of the mafia scene, you’re infamous for your laziness and self-confessed lack of reading skills. Also you have terrible opinions. Seriously, you said the only reason you don’t use Light Discord is because you were too lazy? Good thing this is an OC game so the thread won’t get too long. Anyway, you (user no longer finished reading this flavor text)

For whatever reason (maybe you’d know why if you finished your flavor text), you’ve got a gun. Each night you can respond to this role PM with “Night X: I’ll kill USER… tomorrow!” In true BBM fashion you will postpone your action until the next night. You can’t use this the night after successfully using this action (it takes valuable time to decide to waste your own time) and you can only do this twice. Look, you only brought two bullets, you don’t have time to worry yourselves with the little details!

In summary, you’re the Poisoner.
You are aligned with the Town and win if all threats to your team are eliminated.

Knock. You begin to panic. Someone in here must have done it. Refa's cohorts. Pretending to be your friend, in this little building with you. They killed Shinori, you think to yourself, and they'll come for me next. You make for the door. You have to get out of here. The hall is too small. There's no room for privacy or personal space.

Knock. You try to make your escape, but you find the door is locked shut. The others start pointing fingers, shouting at each other, blaming one another for the death of Shinori. You don't know who to believe.

You shout out at the person outside, the one who must have locked you in, but your only response is another knock. You beg them to stop. You don't want to be stuck in here with those maniacs.

Defeated, you sink down, back against the door. The knocking continues. You're the only sane one here, you think as they blame each other, saying this or that person was in league with the nefarious Refa.

You can only hope this doesn't last, and that you'll be able to leave at the end of the day, and that tomorrow will bring back some semblance of reason and rationality to this town gone mad.

And if not, all that NOCing might just drive you crazy too.

It is now Day 3. Day 3 ends on July 28th, at 8PM EST.

For this day phase, the game will play out like a regular No Outside Contact mafia game. That means no one can communicate outside of the game thread without explicit moderator permission.

Results are now going out.

Edited by Paperblade