SFMM5 Game Thread- Town wins!

riariadne

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

23 hours ago, Magnificence Incarnate said:

What logs am I allowed to post in the thread? I'm assuming everything is allowed including the public chat logs.

Anything.

The lynch Iris for anime thing on my part was a meme. I read Kill's vote on me as one too. Seem to be reading things in a serious tone; there was humor in both of our posts.

Have you talked to Cam? How has that read developed? I remember you mentioning to me how you didn't understand the V reads on him. Do you make anything of you now sussing Kill when Cam was pushing him D1?

Before people shut down my case on kts tell me what do you think is wrong about it and why is kts town?

@Killthestory  My request of your logs with Iris is serious. If you say she dissuaded people from voting refa d1, that's contrary to  the logs that I have with her, which I posted. Refusing to post logs shows that you're hiding info when we could possibly catch scum here.

My read on Cam was that his d1 pushes didn't feel like they came from a town motivation and  he was making easy cases over play style differences. Every time I told people of my scum read on Cam, without talking to him directly, he would publicly ask me to challenge him on his reads.  My dms with cam haven't been fruitful since he fell off the face of the game after D1. I'm actually surprised that word spread of my Cam scumread but people still have confusion over why I voted Snike as I did D1, some people even thought I sr'd him after d1 when I told a few people that I did not scumread him past d1.

my conv with cam like the night before read really tonally town but that's all I got wrt cam

13 hours ago, Elieson said:

If you missed my case on you from D1 that involves::

1. You voting for Snike for reasons which you never really stated having until wayyyy afterwards [Entirety of our OC logs] (Keypoint summary below)
    • bluedoom07/18/2018
      Yeah exactly
      So
      Why would I post in the thread?
      When I can talk to peeps
      Anyway
      Elieson07/18/2018
      because you're scum
      bluedoom07/18/2018
      My Snike vote is basically
      Shinori telling me that Snike had challenged walrein with a claim that his role was provable which made me think that he wanted to be leader

Then later snike backed off from wanting to be town leader which made me think that he was trying to undermine walrein for no reason
      Which seemed scummy to me

Then I talked with sb
      To ask him about his Snike vote because
      I didn't even know where people were voting given that
      We had the discord channel
      And then he told me to read the thread
      I did and was like Snike is a good vote

2. You comfortably placing a vote while claiming to have no knowledge of the game's votal status
  3. You not looking at things right out in the open and commenting about them, and instead, hiding your activity levels in OC while other players fill you in on what's happening

1. I actually had these reasons before I voted. they're there in my logs with Shinori and SB. I already explained it with the whole undermining TL thing, I'm not sure how much more did you expect from someone voting early in the game.Whatever I said back then isn't even new. At worst you could say that I went off of secondhand info but something is better than nothing in the early game when you need to pressure people.

2.How the fuck is that even scummy? It was the early game, the only bad thing that could even happen would be a quick hammer. Like seriously, what the fuck is scummy about this?

3. You don't need to participate ITT to gain reads  but I'll concede this point. Still doesn't justify the mad tunnel that you've had since D1.

I brought up Snike because I realized I had barely talked to him this entire game besides SOD1 where he got into an argument with Shinori. I brought up your read (and Iris') because I remembered you guys had voted/sussed him at different points in the game. I figured bringing up people who scumread him might stir up some talking points that could produce a better read on him. Snike's one of those players I talked to D1 but my communication with them went down as game progressed.

So I thought you had maybe still scumread him or harbored suspicion. 

As for what I thought your reads were before this phase, the only reads that stuck out to me were you sussing Elie/Cam. I found the scumread on Cam extremely interesting because you were the only one to reach that conclusion in that point of the game.

FWIW I didn't mean to dismiss you. I was just expressing a kind of confusion with your slot because you might have the most unique reads in the game and I'm just rolling it around in my head trying to understand where it's coming from and why.

If you've got any other reads I want to know what they are.

Another thing to think about: I was talking to Marth on discord SOD2. It was a little after Evan and me voted Refa. I DMed him shitting on Refa and Marth was like, "I'd sheep it sure, why not" in a DGAF way then he came in the thread to drop a vote on Refa immediately. Different from the last game where he made more of a show of casing his wolfbro to disconnect them. I don't know how Marth tends to treat his bros in general.

I asked about snike because I haven't talked to anyone about Snike since D1 so it seemed weird that you'd bring it up when I had entirely dropped my case on him.

I'm actually thinking Iris/kts are better lynches over elie/athena. A lot of what I'm seeing from kts is mudslinging without presenting evidence. On the other hand if what he's saying about Iris is true then she's probably scum because encouraging one person to vote refa and dissuading another shows that she's not keeping her story straight and that's v scummy.

I'd rather vote kts/athena over cam atm , my one problem with lynching elie/athena is how people have easily built a wagon on them without really thinking about associatives or how this could result in being clueless the next phase. Just like when scum!midwife was lynched in the xsite game and then the town imploded because they had no real idea of associatives.

A lot of what I'm seeing with the Cam townreads is really being town off of tone when his actions can easily be faked as mafia and its not hard to fake low activity with a good tone as mafia.

there are things he said in his log with me though that i feel like are hard to fake as scum but
i'm not really sold on him either way anyway

okay i'm actually reading my log with cam and it's not as obvtown as i remember it being go figure

he throws out a lot of noncommittal suggestions like "iris/marth/refa could all be scum" and "one of the yolo/evan/kts block is scum" and "i have a weird feeling about iris" and "marth's reasons for wanting to lynch me are bad and i can't tell if he really wants to lynch me or not" 

but the thing about it is he keeps saying he HARDCORE townread refa and was bewildered when he flipped scum
would cam fake having a hardcore townread on his buddy
was he really that public about it or was it something he just suddenly started bringing up after refa died? i don't have a lot of context on that

marth
why would lynching iris give us more info than lynching elie/athena
why do you think elie/athena won't give us any info if we lynch them
why are you worried about that more than you are about lynching scum
if you had the choice Who would you lynch today? cam or kts? i guess it looks like you would lynch iris or kts
Who do you think would give us the best associative reads if we lynched them?

the elie wagon didn't even build up That easy today
athena wagon is growing a little faster which i guess also makes me nervous (did elie even claim? did he lowkey avoid claiming cuz that also makes me nervous)
i feel like you're oversimplifying town's mindset a little bit 

do you think elie/athena are both town? do you have any reasons for thinking they are town?

to be honest i was considering we turbolynch iris or someone because if weapons is dying that will solve the athena/weapons puzzle in my mind. killing both of them today would kinda suck. but do you think athena's role would be town? i can't see both weapons and athena's roles being town/town or scum/scum, but weapons' role is more likely to be town imo, athena's role includes two actions more beneficial for scum and an investigation they could use to weed out potential ITP (if athena flips scum we can obviously assume there's an itp in the game)

no offense but i think there are scum hiding in the people who avoid posting in the thread in favor of using only oc all game

just sayin

iris im lookin @ u

all right take your time
i just think if you think town is lynching entirely wrong you should explain in your opinion what else we should be doing and give us/suggest alternate options you feel would be better ultimately for finding scum
people here have already expressed their feelings against lynching for info (omega for example iirc). what is your response to these people? are there any lynch candidates in your mind that you think are both likely to flip scum and would provide us ample info/associatives?

i just reread your post and i'm actually more confused, AM was scum in xsite and you cite AM's lynch as being the reason town lost? because.....lack of associatives? so would you rather lynch someone who's town today if it gives us better associatives? because town also has to actually know how to use that info and town was a huge mess in xsite

I'm not lynching for info though? Or rather

I want to lynch someone who i feel has more evidence against them than the consensus because consensus lynches suck and we end up in a similar situation next phase if everything goes wrong.

I would rather lynch Athena over Eli because Athena feels more like he's playing to his scum meta where he hops on opportunistic wagons. I don't like Eli tunneling throughout the game but I feel like as scum he wouldn't change his vote from me to eclipse and continue to push eclipse (for reasons I don't even agree with). Also lynching Eli for info is dumb and I agree with that sentiment.

Ftr I don't have any reason to believe that Athena is town but I only have his voting history as far as my read on him goes. My reasons for  wanting to lynch Iris is that I don't feel the consistency in her reads or what I've heard about her reads, which is why I've requested logs several times. We could be doing with with euklyd/blitz since a lot of us seem to know nothing about them(or Cam and Snike as well) but we seem to be stuck on the same discussion which is my impression of the thread right now.

My reasons for voting kts is that his votes don't match with his general reads and I don't see a lot of return that came out of his D1 antics when he tried to make people solve each other. On top of this he's making statements about players without providing logs which feels v scummy to me because that's an easy way to line up lynches.

Wrt the Xsite, the reason town lost was that every phase devolved into looking into like two players so it was easy for scum to play around that and win. In d1 the village discussion was mostly about animal midwife and Naana which made the game into an echo chamber and it became hard to get associative reads off of D1. This could easily repeat this phase if we're just devolving discussion into top two main wagons, that's my impression.

Also my impression is that a lot of people thought this was going to be a normal OC game with town leadership figuring out scum and directing lynches but this phase feels more like that didn't happen and since we're stuck in NOC and didn't communicate a lot with other people, people are confused about who's scum, which is why I think comparing logs would be useful.

Unofficial "I wanted to see them" Votals:

Athena (5): Killthestory, YOLOSWAG, Vi-astra, WeaponsOfMassConstruction, weinerboy
Elieson (4): EvanManManMan, Athena, dyachei, SullyMcGully
dyachei (2): Snike, Iris
Killthestory (1): Marth
eclipse (1): Elieson
Hitmonleet (1): SB

I think there's about 9ish hours left?