An idea that's been burning in the back of my mind for an FE plot point

Corrobin

So, our Sword Lord has been doin' good, and finally goes to confront the Gharnef and/or Hardin (Cult Leader dude and Evil Emperor dude).

You fight them on the map, and aside from having a face-obscuring cloak (Gharnef) and a helmet that never gets taken off, it proceeds as normal.

The cloak or helmet comes off...

and they're a draconic humanoid! Gasp!

Later on, it's revealed that they're the spawn of the Dragon Final Boss, sort of like an evil Tiki of sorts.

It's a little threadbare, but what do you think of this idea? How could it be fleshed out? Would you like to see it used in a FE game?

Well, kind of sort of. Evil manaketes are certainly in FE-I mean, Gharnef and Iduun are Manaketes, after all-but I said "Draconic humanoid" for a reason. They'd look kind of like my profile picture.

Wouldn't be a bad idea, I'd say. At least it'd be a fresh take on the "Manakete" concept.

3 hours ago, Corrobin said:

Well, kind of sort of. Evil manaketes are certainly in FE-I mean, Gharnef and Iduun are Manaketes, after all-but I said "Draconic humanoid" for a reason. They'd look kind of like my profile picture.

Gharnef isn't a Manakete. He's just a very powerful sorcerer.

Since the whole Final Boss=Dragon archetype is kind of overused in FE, this would be a nice change of pace. Granted it wouldn't deviate too much from the norm that we've come to expect, but a draconic humanoid would be cool. If you don't mind me asking, how exactly would it work? Would it be like a chimera of sorts?

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

Gharnef isn't a Manakete. He's just a very powerful sorcerer.

DAMMIT. I meant Medeus.

But it's serious! And we all know that nothing in Far from the Forest is serious! It's LITERALLY a place for shitposting, and I genuinely like this idea and want to see it in a FE game and to talk about it!

I mean, how in the world is anyone going to make it into a FE game?  SF is a small fan forum, and I doubt we have developers reading our random ideas.

36 minutes ago, eclipse said:

I mean, how in the world is anyone going to make it into a FE game?  SF is a small fan forum, and I doubt we have developers reading our random ideas.

Yet ideas that other people have are allowed to be left in the General FE forum.

Edited by NinjaMonkey

2 hours ago, NinjaMonkey said:

Yet ideas that other people have are allowed to be left in the General FE forum.

And this is why you're not a mod.

14 hours ago, eclipse said:

And this is why you're not a mod.

If you are going to respond to me, do you think you could reply with something relevant to what I said. The fact that I'm not a moderator has nothing at all to do with this thread being consigned to FftF.

I think this topic would have been fairly inoffensive in the general fe section (if that's where it originated) as it is in fact fire emblem related discussion. I don't think the topic needs to be moved back either though, because FFtF is not an entirely shitposty section (a misconception many many people seem to have... which I guess in turn means many people come here specifically only to shitpost so it becomes more like what they think it is). It's just a section that allows people to shitpost~! But it's often treated more as just a casual place to chat and stuff, without as much concern about being spammy about it.

But yeah it's an on topic thread for the FE section, and sure it's meant to be for fun but I didn't know that FE sections didn't allow fun discussion. I don't think the FE Debates section is meant to bring pros/cons of fe elements/character writing to developers' attention either, and yet the section exists and people use it (kind of).

Even if the idea was presented in a way that couldn't generate as much discussion as OP thought, it's still on topic and I don't think it was even that spammy.

And sure it's been ages since I visited FE sections, but I swear I've seen some "what if" threads in there before??

In any case, though... this section is still fine for discussion on this. You might just get some sillier or ruder responses than you wanted, but if some people had ideas they genuinely wanted to discuss, they may still contribute

Edited by Freohr Datia

On 17/7/2018 at 5:08 PM, Corrobin said:

I expected something out of a horror movie. Your avatar looks like a Yoshi, compared to that.