New Feh Channel on the 19th at 8:30 PM PDT (check your time zones)

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, ILikeKirbys said:

No, Libra's a guy. I played Awakening, I remember thinking he was a girl too, briefly.

Also ASKRTRIOREFINEFINALLY

So, Anna gets to warp at any HP range, Alfonse gets Brazen ATK/DEF on his weapon (YES) and optional Triangle Adept (meh), and Sharena's effects makes me want to 5-Star her.

That was a joke, is Libra's running gag to be mistaken as a lady (his voice doesn't help, at least Forrest is voiced by a dude)

Second half was utterly disappointing. Forging Bonds doesn't interest me the slightest except for the pope hat accessory and the new Arena scoring system only solidifies my hate for it. The only thing that interested me was extra feathers from GC rank and moar free orbs.

First half was an entirely different story, however. We finally got Sumia AND Maribelle! And Walhart to boot? And a ton of more free orbs? I'm game. Also even though the TA refine for Alphonse is pretty crap, at least he now has access to brazen attack/defense, which will really help him shine more.

Also 3 Klein banners and 15 free summons. That sounds like heaven to me. All I need now is another Julia banner.

Pretty nice. Sumia and Maribelle, flying dancer Olivia, Wallhart GHB. All sounds good to me. Aversa was my #1 most wanted for a GHB, but Wallhart was a close second.

The summer celebration stuff is free orbs, can't complain about that. The Askr refines and GC changes and such seemed pretty underwhelming. I might not even waste dew on them.

People expecting beasts or other non-3DS FE things got pretty trashed this time.

The only thing that really excited me this time was the free 20 orbs Feh talked about. I don't remember when she said we'd get them, but I remember hearing "20 orbs" and I got excited lol. The new Awakening units look cool, I'll try for all of them.

I'll try to sort my thoughts by the order things were presented:

New banner: Noice! I'll try to get Sumia and Olivia. Maribelle sounds like a nice bonus but I don't feel her TA staff. Walhart has dope art but as a GHB he'll be only for PvE stuff.

Summer stuff: Orbs are nice as always. Finally they are re-running the old TT units so people won't complain as much about them. I hope to get OG!Lyn on the free summon on her re-run. 

GC/Refines/Arena: I don't know about the GC changes, I'll wait until it happens to give my opinions on that. The Askr refines are ok, not good enough for me to use Divine dew on them, though. Screw arena though, the new tier sounds like something exclusive for whales and forcing the bonus unit to kill all 4 of the enemy units means that if you want to score perfectly you'll need a team of four +10 bonus units. SCREW ARENA!

New mode: Guess this is the way IS chose to give us more interactions with the heroes. I bet it'll be mostly fluff but I like my fluff so I'm alright with this. 

I'm glad the Fates BHB wasnt a hint. It's boring if you already know what's coming. Though they need to cover up the achievement. 

The banner looks great. Sad that Libra looks to be the only one who'll get demoted

Weapon refines are meh. Alfonse's base effect did receive a significant upgrade, but TA3 isn't that great of a special refine. Def looks to be one to go for. Sharena's is decent. She's negating doubles and is more bulky as well as negating buffs from things like flier or horse emblem. Anna is melee Takumi basically though she benefits greatly from bond skills. Sad that no new weapons announced

I'm glad Olivia ain't on a horse.

I'll take all the orbs and summons, not that it matters with my recent luck, and dread the upcoming Arena changes (what's the point? Making Arena feel even less fun, with the exception of whales and people who only care of being at the very top?).

Grand Conquest will now force me to play more for the ranking? Not sure if I'll bite just yet, it's still a bad mode.

I guess I hyped up myself way too much, should have known better, though I won't deny that I like being showered with orbs for more fodder, just expected a bit more after the dull content lately. Oh well.

Meh, pretty underwhelmed here. I'm happy Sumia and Libra are finally in the game, but they aren't anyone I'll spend a bunch of orbs to get. I'm also disappointed that Gregor wasn't included. And even then, I think the new banner should have been an FE6 or Tellius banner. FE6 in particular has gotten shafted SO hard, and I'll keep rallying for Tellius until Brom is in the game.

The Askr trio refines all look underwhelming, honestly. And I don't care at all for that new mode. I AM happy that all those Tempest Trial characters will be coming back, though! That's pretty awesome!

Edited by Fire Emblem Fan

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Walhart is the only thing i cared about. The Support Conversations would've been cool if they didn't limit to four characters per rotation. 

Reminder that Binding Blade has gotten zero new characters since launch (not counting the Zephiel and Narcian GHBs).

Klein.

@ZeManaphy Yeah they want you to pull on new banners I guess. You get 14 orbs it seems but the gacha can be unforgiving so not a good return if you're unlucky trying to summon a character

Overall, I am rather unenthusiastic about the news. Walhart and the Askr Refines are the highlight for me. The other Awakening characters are nice to see even though they are not favorites of mine.

While I appreciate the attempt at support conversations, making a bond event surrounding it seems like a poor idea. It is something I'll need to experience before forming a concrete opinion on it. Otherwise, I'll probably just get my fill of the text from datamines and the like...

Edited by Sire

Some people fondly remembered the old banners with 5 or 6 units. Now we (might) get it again with the tempest heroes. It is gonna suck getting pity broken by Mask Marth when going for the other red units. 

Other than that, were there other changes to the Tempest Trials?

Good things are good to hear. Bad things are bad to hear. And Awakening, if it could awaken me, could only do so for three minutes before I return to sleep, during which I'd suddenly gain a mustache. So it's a pass 'til the equinox approaches for this game.

8 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

I'm making a funny shush

I barely recall the few Awakening supports I've ever read, but I got the idea from the A Virion-Libra, that when Virion fell down and suddenly realized Libra was most certainly a guy, it was because he got a look at his rosary, which must have been large. Or so I interpreted the scene. (The few things I can remember, tend to be the things I want to most forget.)

• Another Awakening Banner, I was wondering when Maribelle will make it into the game. Say'ri will have her change later.
  • Lots of banners coming up, I hope my free pulls are good
  • Nice, more orbs,
  • More merges on my TT characters
  • I wonder how will the arena changes will affect me?
  • I need to fill my love for all of my Tharjas for the new mode.

Decent FEH channel

On the new Awakening banner, the only one I'd kill for is Olivia, with her dance buff weapon. But I'm not crazy for her, as P!Azura already fills that role and is nothing more than in my main team, alongside the (buffed) Ikes, and THE Reinhardth

Also, I was desperately hoping arena scoring change would allow more character flexibilty, not less.  So to get the highest score I can, I'm forced to fight with characters I haven't really trained (bonus heroes)?  I was hoping for something along the lines of BST doesn't factor into arena score any more, but I guess they'd have to do something to compensate for the people who have spent a lot of effort (or money) to merge heroes who would no longer score the highest.

I am happy about the Black Knight- at least there's a opportunities for missed Tempest Trial heroes!

4 minutes ago, MonkeyCheez3K said:

I'm glad Olivia ain't on a horse.

I'll take all the orbs and summons, not that it matters with my recent luck, and dread the upcoming Arena changes (what's the point? Making Arena feel even less fun, with the exception of whales and people who only care of being at the very top?).

Grand Conquest will now force me to play more for the ranking? Not sure if I'll bite just yet, it's still a bad mode.

I guess I hyped up myself way too much, should have known better, though I won't deny that I like being showered with orbs for more fodder, just expected a bit more after the dull content lately. Oh well.

A horse dancer would more unique than a 3rd flying dancer. 

Can I say I am happy that there is a flying dancer in the general pool now, because I have yet to get a single one so the chance of finally getting one makes me happy.  Thank Naga Askr finally gets weapon refines I might use Alphonse more now.  I am so happy about the TT units coming back because this means I can make BK +3 and Joshua +2.  I am happy about the orbs as well and the chance I will have at Minerva and Eldigan since I have yet to pull them.  OK channel but not great, but after them saying that they weren't showing CYL2 I was not hoping for much so I will take all the orbs they give me and be OK with it.

I'm glad to see that some characters are finally getting into Heroes, but the banner is a clean skip for me.

I'm not too sure about the bond event, though I suppose some other Gachas have done similar stuff.