New Feh Channel on the 19th at 8:30 PM PDT (check your time zones)

Sumia: Disappointed that she wasn't the first flying healer. Excited for the Fierce Stance Lance.
Libra: Huh, he de-seasonalized the Giant Spoon (+10 Special Axe).
Maribelle: Huh, she de-seasonalized Dazzling Staff B-slot (formerly exclusive to Bridal Lyn). Sounds like you would then inflict Triangle Adept on a foe and then send the corresponding color ally to destroy them. Probably the most fun unit on the banner for me.
Olivia: Way to powercreep Azura's alts. But at least she completes the flying dancer weapons triangle.
Walhart: The GHB DC Axe counterpart to Xander and Camus?

TT Reward reruns: Just so happens my main started with New Year's Corrin as its first TT reward. Catalog completion is within sight.

Edited by Chrom-ulent

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, DraceEmpressa said:

An axe named Urdr, and a sword named Skuld...

So there will be a lance dancer with lance named Verdandi with the same rally rainbow effect, but who would be a lance dancer, that is the question, but hey, alts/seasonals. 

Are you ready for another Azura alt?

Watched the FEH channel with a friend, here are my comments.

Awakening banner: on the one hand, I'm a bit disappointed it's Awakening, and that we got another Olivia alt. On the other hand, the other three characters are good options and I'm even hoping to pull one of them. I like Maribelle and Libra. No Miriel or Laurent but ... eh. Maribelle, Libra, and Sumia are good non-Miriel and non-Laurent options.

Summer events: okay; more orbs and content is always good. Good to hear that we will have a chance to get old Tempest Trial characters as well

Changes to arena and grand conquest: don't know about grand conquest, will need to wait; arena changes don't sound great. I'll never get into tier 20 so this doesn't affect me at all. As long as I can score within 18-19, I don't really care.

Friendship mode: really cringey; the only positive things I can see about this are rewards and potential characterization. If the characters keep on gushing over me, though, MAXIMUM CRINGE.

25 minutes ago, ILikeKirbys said:

No, Libra's a guy. I played Awakening, I remember thinking he was a girl too, briefly.

Also ASKRTRIOREFINEFINALLY

Libra is as guy as Lucius. So you are obviously wrong. 

3 minutes ago, Chrom-ulent said:

TT Reward reruns: Just so happens my main started with New Year's Corrin as its first TT reward. Catalog completion is within sight.

I'm super excited about this too! If I can manged to get New Year's Camilla on her legendary banner rerun and of course get Tobin during this coming Tempest Trial I'll have a complete catalog as well!

4 minutes ago, Mackc2 said:

Are you ready for another Azura alt?

I personally can tolerate more Azura or Camilla than more loli. 

From the looks of it, it's pretty obvious Libra is the one who will get demoted... What a bummer, I want the Staff Valor...

Askr trio refines seem underwhelming tbh

Alfonse got the best base effect but TA refine isn't really worth it.

Sharena gets a meh effect and a niche refine (that fits her character well though)

Anna got completely shafted

okay let's see what i scored on the bingo card

• Exactly one new alt detailed: Good start.
  • New Mechanics/rewards from Grand Conquests: Both!
  • A New Way to power up units: Hey technically this would include new weapon refinements...but nah, that's scummy. This is a miss.
  • Feh is still adorable (free space): Naturally
  • A new Currency, or new way to use existing currency: Do Crowns count? Can you spend them? How about friendship points?
  • New way to obtain units not in the normal summoning pool: reruns of TT reward units definitely counts.
  • A Specified increase to our refining stones/dew income: Even if it turns out the new mode has refining stones as part of its rewards list, I'm looking for a SPECIFIED increase.

Things i would have gotten right from my first draft

• More refinements: This became refineable raven and gem weapons in order to up the risk. I didn't dare take on Askr refinements, ugh.
  • At least 40 orbs of specified login bonuses: I took this out since I didn't think they'd do any "Anniversary" celebration if there's no CYL
  • A set of special maps that award orbs: See Above, and I changed it to "Developer Maps" for more specificity

Yikes, the first draft with wasted bets on CYL 2 would have scored a point higher. 

I don't know, I think I'll give Alfonse the TA refine on his weapon. His main function on my team is to kill green things, especially axes, and to stay the fuck away from blues, so TA just makes him better at that.

I liked it! The new banner seems cool and has my girl Maribelle in it, AND she had dazzling staff making her instantly cool to me. She also looks so good! More orbs for the summer is also good. I like the new weapons too, I might actually 5* them now. I like the new mode! It looks cute.

24 minutes ago, ZeManaphy said:

A horse dancer would more unique than a 3rd flying dancer. 

Absolutely, but who in their right mind would like horse dancers to be introduced? They would be the worst addition for Arena since Lynhardt's domination period. 3-move-dancing shouldn't be a thing, imo. Though, I know IS won't be able to resist the temptation, sooner or later...

My thoughts:

• Sumia and Maribelle are making me somewhat regret spending all my orbs on Summer Robin. Somewhat. I get the feeling I'll miss out on them this time around, so I'll have to go for them if they ever end up on a skill banner or something.
  • More orbs is always a good thing.
  • TOBIN! I can finally complete my set of Tempest Trial units.
  • Askr refines, nice nice.
  • New mode seems kinda lame, still hoping for My Castle/townbuilding/whatever in the future.

Overall, I'd say it was alright. Nothing too amazing, but it had some neat stuff.

4 minutes ago, MonkeyCheez3K said:

I'm glad Olivia ain't on a horse.

I'll take all the orbs and summons, not that it matters with my recent luck, and dread the upcoming Arena changes (what's the point? Making Arena feel even less fun, with the exception of whales and people who only care of being at the very top?).

Grand Conquest will now force me to play more for the ranking? Not sure if I'll bite just yet, it's still a bad mode.

I guess I hyped up myself way too much, should have known better, though I won't deny that I like being showered with orbs for more fodder, just expected a bit more after the dull content lately. Oh well.

A horse dancer would more unique than a 3rd flying dancer. 

My thoughts about the FEH Channel content:

- I am happy with this banner. They look good units. My guess for demotion are Sumia or Libra, and I want Olivia (flying dancer) and Mirabelle (staff valor), and a Axe Cavalry unit as GHB? Great!

- A new TT+ where all the rewards are units? Great! I would prefer the unit in the pool, but...

- Forging Bonds looks ok, I new way to get itens, I guess...

About the Askr Trio refinements:

- Alfonse: His refinement is pretty good! Brazen Atk/Def is great! The Triangle Adept effect is bad. I will probably give him a Atk or Spd refinement.

- Sharena: Great refinement! Very useful! Be able to negate any foe's field bonus is very useful, and Spd/Def Bond will help her.

- Anna: Poor Anna. Her refinement don't help her in a useful way. She needs some Atk and Def!

Also... Hríd looks amazing! Great design! I hope to get him soon!

8 minutes ago, MonkeyCheez3K said:

Absolutely, but who in their right mind would like horse dancers to be introduced? They would be the worst addition for Arena since Lynhardt's domination period. 3-move-dancing shouldn't be a thing, imo. Though, I know IS won't be able to resist the temptation, sooner or later...

Trenches tho

5 minutes ago, DraceEmpressa said:

Trenches tho

Sure, trenches do screw up cavalry units quite a bit, but not all maps have them and it would still be quite the obnoxious addition to the already frustrating aspect of AI dancers doing whatever. But as I said, IS will be introducing them at some point anyways.

11 hours ago, mcsilas said:

And Askr weapon upgradeS!!!!

Finally. Now, merges when? Also, Miriel when? At least, finally a summonable axe! After Dorcas in October. Long ago.

11 hours ago, Rezzy said:

The new Arena scoring sounds terrible.  Way to put even more of a gap between the whales and the rest.

Tier 20+: Whaleland.
Also, Sharena kills everyone, except she doesn’t because no one fields mono-sword teams. Almost no one. Welp.

Edited by Vaximillian

The event wasn't quite as bad as watching a car crash in slow motion, but it wasn't much better. Worst part was the extraordinarily cynical arena scoring change which is basically designed to induce whales to whale for all four units of every banner, instead of just one.

Other than that, basically free orbs (and pseudo-free orbs in the form of free summons) and a whole lot of fluff. No way I can justify spending Dew on the Askrians, not without merge access. And because they're existing legendary weapons, you can't even get the improved base effect without refining them, so there's no incentive to even just 5* them (just like, say, M Corrin's unrefined Yato, bleh).

Edited by Humanoid

8 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Finally. Now, merges when? Also, Maribelle when? At least, finally a summonable axe! After Ike in September. Long ago.

Tier 20+: Whaleland.
Also, Sharena kills everyone, except she doesn’t because no one fields mono-sword teams. Almost no one. Welp.

Maribelle is coming with Dazzling Staff :O

Libra is a nice surprise, didn't think he'd make it in! Obvious green demote is good as well.

At least Sharena has the best Weapon refine, I think. Now she has more of a niche over Fjorm!

Edited by mcsilas

2 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Maribelle is coming with Dazzling Staff :O

Libra is a nice surprise, didn't think he'd make it in! Obvious green demote is good as well.

At least Sharena has the best Weapon refine, I think. Now she has more of a niche over Fjorm!

Maribelle is very appealing to pull... I mean, finally Dazzling Staff is in permannent pool? A staff that inflicts TA as status? Staff Valor? And cavalry? Elise has been powercrept lol