New Feh Channel on the 19th at 8:30 PM PDT (check your time zones)

2 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

Possibly, though I doubt it. We haven’t seen FEH actually pull something random out of nowhere with an NPC like that. We have with alts, but that’s a different story altogether.

regardless, the cast we have that actually stands a chance isn’t as big as everyone thinks, shoving them out means we are going to burn out really fast. No one is looking at this from several years down the line, only what’s happening right now and how we don’t have all the banners we want. 

Rinea is technically a boss.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Othin said:

Rinea is technically a boss.

We will get two of her in the same banner.  One regular, one extra crispy.

@Interdimensional Observer - heh, I'm glad to see that list can still be useful.  I'll admit it was messy, but I wanted to get the numbers out there, and I'd come off a full day of work.  Did the best I could with the energy I had.  The most important points, even if the proportions were off by a bit, were hopefully still there.  Have to let people know continents like Tellius and Judgral desperately need more attention!

So, late, but my thoughts on the Feh Channel:

Ylissean Travelers banner:
It was only a matter of time as it does feature some popular and wanted Awakening characters (though it had to include a new Olivia alt so that it would have a "seller"). However, info on the banner didn't have to be included as the banner is already featured on a separate trailer.

18-mo. Celebration:
Should've seen this coming but I welcome the free orbs. The main stand outs are the daily summoning events and next month's TT+ event. Many of the daily summoning events are easy skips though due to the fact that many of the focus units are available at 3-4*. I welcome additional copies of previous TT units though I do wonder how it would affect the rewards distribution for the TT+ since TT nowadays distributes 3 seals, 1 blessing, and 2 copies of a unit.

Ver. 2.8:

• Askr refinements: Alfonse got a practical one as it allows him to be bulky to physical red and green units (especially with Swordbreaker equipped) and can make him excellent at manipulating AI. Sharena's refinement is alright though the new base effect (the Dull everything effect) is pretty questionable in Arena though it can shut down the dual Rallies. Anna got the least practical but the most fun refinement effect - can be pretty memey with Wings of Mercy 3.
  • Grand Conquest changes: starting team score for an area based on areas claimed by said team is a good change as some rounds have seen one or more teams performing a steamroll. I was initially leery of the new army ranking because I already don't like the Voting Gauntlet though I can see that it's meant to reward players who attempt to score well but couldn't carry the team in cases that most players on said team are inactive or couldn't score a lot. And additional feathers are always welcome.
  • Arena update: this is easily the biggest stinker in the update and in Feh Channel as it punishes players that rely on Askr/GHB units as their bonus units as the new meta is going to be about having the bonus unit basically attempt to solo the opposing team (or at least land the finishing blow on every opposing unit) for the max score possible. The update only rewards competitive whales that can afford having a decked-out 5*+10 bonus unit. I can only guess that the new meta would involve using a bunch of armors running Poison Strike and the bonus unit running Hardy Bearing seal. The only remotely good thing about the update is that people who get the Great Summoner title can get Feh to wear a fancy crown.

Forging Bonds:
Pretty meh about the event though hey, more orbs, accessories, and stuff. Also gives a use for stamina as that has been less valuable in the recent months. The conversations may be neat though the event is basically an ad for the player to try and summon the new heroes banner's focus units.

Edited by Roflolxp54

Super late comments on the Feh Channel:

• New banner = much happy
  • Lots of orbs. Cool. CYL is definitely coming. I bet the next seasonal banner is the baitiest of bait banners. 
  • New mode. ...super weird. But it's relatively harmless. Accessories and rewards. Yay! It was just...described the weirdest way possible. Suddenly the summoner is a therapist who gets to listen to all of these feelings?
  • Askr Trio refines! Awesome! Alfonse has treated me well, so I may go for his refine and do the double Brazen ATK/DEF thing with him. 

No complaints. And I'm actually pretty excited for the new modes and accessories. I need the Libra's pope hat and Maribelle's bow in my life.

14 hours ago, Motendra said:

It's a cool name, accuracy be damned!

You're missing the point here. I'm speaking in terms of each game's (and era) overall representation, by the number of different characters each one has. In that respect, Awakening started with 18 and is currently at 24 (25 when they bring out Walhart); hardly a biased growth rate when it took a whole year to get any at all. Blazing Sword is only 3 units behind them at 22, and it started with 10. In the lifespan of a year and a half, Blazing Sword has doubled in size and closing its gap between it and Awakening. You're saying there's a problem with that?

Meanwhile, Fates started with 29 and currently sits at 38. The only world that comes close to that (with still a noticeable gap) is Mystery, which started at 22 (where Blazing is now) and sits at 30 (one more to what Fates started with), and that's only cause it spans 2 games (a repeated cast, yes, but still applies). Going back to Elibe, all together is at 36; two units away from matching Fates. Add in Sacred Stones' 13 and the GBA total is 49. Referring to my other post, since launch, GBA has gained 24 new characters, while 3DS (not including all but Faye and Berkut of Echoes, out of virtue of being a remake) has gained 19. Mathematically speaking, GBA has had more additions than any other, and on an individual game basis, Blazing takes the crown.

It's easy to make sweeping conclusions when you lump everything together, but looking at each one individually is where the discrepancies lie. Even with the highest era increase of 24, Binding still only got three of them. Even with being part of the era with the highest number of units along with all the content it's provided (story, paralogues, Tempest Trials etc), Awakening is still (relatively) modest for what it started with. While Fates didn't add much higher than that and also waited almost a year, that it had an overwhelming head start suggests that it ought to slow down, though it speaks a different story if you count Hoshido [12 at launch, 3 additions] and Nohr[15 at launch, 2 additions] separately (excluding both Corrins, Azura, both Kannas & Shigure for technically being both), since Fates is essentially two games in one.

Seasonals really are just one way to bring more attention to each game that's featured. How much each game gets is another topic entirely. No matter how many alts Awakening has, or how prominent they are in content, they're still at 24 different (keyword) characters in its catalog, which isn't bad; two more than Blazing, six less than Mystery. twice the latter's gap toward Fates.

Which again, I say, with all of those numbers taken into consideration: Awakening getting this banner to themselves isn't a problem

What you're saying is correct, but you're purposely missing the issue people are actually complaining about. The problem isn't that "Awakening is getting too many new additions", the problem is "Awakening is getting preferential treatment". From a purely new character perspective, Awakening hasn't had it well. But that's not what people are complaining about. People are complaining that Awakening is getting too many banners in such a "short" time, which is absolutely true. 

They "just" had a banner featuring the two Morgan's and a Chrom alt. Yes, that banner didn't introduce many new Awakening characters...  But that is entirely IS's faults for essentially wasting "Awakening's banner" on the two Morgan's (of which, only the female was actually wanted) and another Chrom alt. It's absolutely tiresome to get another Awakening banner a few months down the line and when other games are still waiting. Thracia is experiencing the exact same issue: It took a year for the game to finally get a dedicated banner, only for two of the units to be alts. The game has only gotten "two" new characters since Reinhardt and Olwen's inclusion and yet how many months are Thracia fans going to have to wait before getting some actual new characters? The Awakening preference is ridiculous.

For the record, I'm quoting "short" because 4.5 months isn't really a short time, but in the context of Fire Emblem: Heroes (very poor) schedule of releasing new content, it is much shorter than the average it takes for games to get a repeat banner featuring non-alt units from that game again.