New Feh Channel on the 19th at 8:30 PM PDT (check your time zones)

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If, and it's a big if, they show off Beast units, I'd like it if they at least hint towards Xane. I know he comes with a sword when you recruit him, but his Kirby copying talents are what I really want to see.

Also, has there ever been any theories as to what that yellow orb is when you summon? I've been meaning to ask.

3 minutes ago, Lau said:

Also, has there ever been any theories as to what that yellow orb is when you summon? I've been meaning to ask.

What yellow orb do you mean, exactly?

It's just an arbitrary fifth colour when they need to make five announcements instead of four.

Example:

Last FEH channel they only had four things to talk about, so no yellow orb:

Edited by Humanoid

35 minutes ago, Lau said:

If, and it's a big if, they show off Beast units, I'd like it if they at least hint towards Xane. I know he comes with a sword when you recruit him, but his Kirby copying talents are what I really want to see.

In B4 it's new color

3 hours ago, Etheus said:

I'm hoping that some of the older or junk 5 stars will be demoted. Ephraim, Faye, Gray, Hinoka, Karel, Leo, Luke, Mist, Saber, Sanaki, Sonya, Tailtiu, and Young Tiki would be prime candidates for demotion.

I don't expect Linde, Lucina, Lyn, or Ike to be demoted, despite being good candidates for it because they are very popular. Lyn has a higher chance than the others seeing as how she was never in meta.

I'm unsure of Ephraim, because of his fantastic mixed phase potential and buff ability, but the others in your first paragraph are good picks for demotion

Lucina will probably remained untouched as her offense has become much greater with Sealed Falchion. Lyn, as you said, has reasons for being demoted, but Ike has really really fallen behind times. So much so that him being 5 star locked kinda feels like a joke at this point when you look at his stats and weapon.  DC weapons aren't that hot arena if you go high enough without someone bludgeoning your score like a mage or dancer. And his stats aren't enough to write home about. Basically Ares without Dark Myssiletain (very fantastic weapon)

Edited by silveraura25

Is this the first time we got a FEH Channel when we aren't near a version update? Usually we get a Feh Channel before a version update (some days or a week before), but we recently got version 2.7 and the next update will probably be mid August.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

25 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

I'm unsure of Ephraim, because of his fantastic mixed phase potential and buff ability, but the others in your first paragraph are good picks for demotion

Lucina will probably remained untouched as her offense has become much greater with Sealed Falchion. Lyn, as you said, has reasons for being demoted, but Ike has really really fallen behind times. So much so that him being 5 star locked kinda feels like a joke at this point when you look at his stats and weapon.  DC weapons aren't that hot arena if you go high enough without someone bludgeoning your score like a mage or dancer. And his stats aren't enough to write home about. Basically Ares without Dark Myssiletain (very fantastic weapon)

I'm not sure if just being viable/good is sufficient reason for them being 5 star. A 5 star unit should probably offer something exceptional/exclusive. At the time of Ephraim's release, this could have possibly been said of him for the simple fact that he had a prf weapon. That is no longer the case. His only unique aspect is his prf weapon, and it is average at best even with refinement (brash assault 1, really?). 

Plus, Eirika is 3-4 star, despite offering a more unique niche than her brother. It feels weird and inconsistent.

16 minutes ago, Etheus said:

I'm not sure if just being viable/good is sufficient reason for them being 5 star. A 5 star unit should probably offer something exceptional/exclusive. At the time of Ephraim's release, this could have possibly been said of him for the simple fact that he had a prf weapon. That is no longer the case. His only unique aspect is his prf weapon, and it is average at best even with refinement (brash assault 1, really?). 

Plus, Eirika is 3-4 star, despite offering a more unique niche than her brother. It feels weird and inconsistent.

Are you sure you read it correctly? It allows him to commit a follow-up attack if he initiates combat, his HP>=90% and his opponent can counterattack. Basically he doesn't need speed if his HP is full. He can also run QR so his mixed phase potential can be really good as he's guaranteed doubles in both phases. Plus he buffs

But, I'm not saying he'll stay in the 5 star pool, just that he might. I'm just unsure of it

Edited by silveraura25

6 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Are you sure you read it correctly? It allows him to commit a follow-up attack if he initiates combat, his HP>=90% and his opponent can counterattack. Basically he doesn't need speed if his HP is full. He can also run QR so his mixed phase potential can be really good as he's guaranteed doubles in both phases. Plus he buffs

But, I'm not saying he'll stay in the 5 star pool, just that he might. I'm just unsure of it

Right. My mistake. It's more similar to Follow Up Ring. However, it is significantly weaker than Follow Up Ring and my opinion of it is not exactly high. 

11 minutes ago, Etheus said:

Right. My mistake. It's more similar to Follow Up Ring. However, it is significantly weaker than Follow Up Ring and my opinion of it is not exactly high. 

It doesn't take up a skill slot, which frees him up to run something like Renewal for better sustain. He also is one of the few units that actually make good use of Sturdy Blow because he doesn't need his Spd stat or a passive B skill to perform a follow-up attack.

Siegmund also grants Hone Atk 3, which puts it on the very short list of weapons with support capabilities.

His Skill Inheritance potential is complete and utter trash, but I don't think that's quite good enough of a reason to drop him from the 5-star exclusives list before a lot of other characters who have little Skill Inheritance use nor particularly stunning stats.

I mean, I'm all for dropping him because I have two +10 copies of him already and am a bit tired of getting even more copies, but I don't see an argument for putting him ahead of a lot of other launch and near-launch characters.

Without CYL units, guess I’ll hope for a reworked GC, and more hats.

It’s weird that they added a lot of features without a channel, makes me question why this is so long, even with the new banner being attached.

Oh yeah, I still want a bear hat accessory to give Frederick. Come on, IS, you know people would do this, even those who aren't as big a fan of him as I am. lol I see a lot of fanart associating him with bears and one of the official Awakening comics that was translated on here did so too by having Frederick befriend a bear cub! XD

Other accessory ideas:

- Reindeer antlers like Tharja's
- Cat ears, maybe looking like Sakura's
- Flower hairpin
- Wedding veil
- Party hat

Edited by Anacybele

Well, to be honest, I'm not that excited for the FEH CHANNEL now that we know there'll be no Brave Muthafuckahs. I wanna see Brave Marth, SPECIALLY Brave Dark Princess waifu :dry:. One thing for sure is that we'll be getting new other Nintendo IPs accessories, but unless they're announcing new legendary OCs and book III, I can't think of anything exciting T_T

With CYL 2 info confirmed to be absent from this FEH Channel, I'm still hoping to see them mention something about Veronica. She's been conspicuously absent since her cliffhanging at the hands of Surtr a few chapters back.  If we're going to be getting her soon, I'm expecting we'd get some in-game explanation about it and their release is starting to creep up on us. Perhaps the new units we're getting on Friday will have a tie-in Story chapter regarding a Heel-Face Turn for her.

Other than that, the length of the stream makes it seem like we're getting more than just some new banner info and some Quality of Life changes. Each episode before this has introduced a new feature (Legendary banners in the first, Rival Domains in the second). I'm expecting some other new mode, possibly like one of the other currently unreleased features mentioned in the survey. I'm also hoping for Beast units and fixes to major complaints. I'm not really expecting them to actually address the issue since they tend to skip that step and get right to fixing things as if they never happened.

Speaking of accessories, I would like some more serious accessories. A few examples:

Radiant Hero's headband

Vanguard's headband

Various generic colored headbands

Marth's tiara

Masked Knight's mask (SoV)

Sothe's scarf (if possible)

Various capes (if possible)

The Black Knight's helmet (PoR/RD)

Bertram's mask (PoR)

Canas' monacle

Tiki's crown

Lyn's feathered headband

Thinking about why they'd pick now of all times to have a Feh Channel.

Likely main topics are the next big version update, any semi-anniversary events like a new Hero Fest, and maybe the start to Book 3. But none of those are likely to be happening this week. So why not wait a week and a half so this coincides with the upcoming Legendary Heroes banner instead, and is therefore closer to the events in question?

My best guess is that it's because of CYL further down the line. If it's the late August banner, in about a month, they'll probably want a Feh Channel then, to introduce it. And they don't want the Feh Channels to be too close together. Last year, the closest they got was a month, and it was also the semi-anniversary one followed by the CYL one. So it'd make sense for them to do the same here.

So aside from the upcoming new banner (which will probably be pretty conventional), my guess is that the real highlights here will be features being added at the end of July and/or early August. Version 3.0 could very well be one of those things. Maybe even as early as the legendary banner, if they want to do something like add Hrid and have him immediately available free at the start of Book 3, Fjorm-style. That could also be more reason to announce this a ways ahead of the legendary banner, so people have plenty of warning about the legendary hero being free, if they go that route.

As for beast units, we know they can't be on the upcoming New Heroes banner (since there's been no maintenance announcement), they're highly unlikely to be introduced through the following Special Heroes banner, and if the main banner after that is CYL, they won't be on that, either. So unless they're one of the next two Legendary Heroes, it looks like the soonest we could get any playable beast units is September. That said, if we really are getting version 3.0 soon, it could be a great time for them to introduce beast units as enemies, as part of updating the generic enemy roster. That would also build hype for their eventual playable introduction, and bring them to the attention of any players not yet familiar with them.

Edited by Othin

It's possible the next banner is a Hero Fest, but I doubt it. Though it has been a while since we had one. My guess is this is going to be a semi-anniversary announcement. So...GHB Elite 3, possible 5* demotions (please include Saber if this), news about Book 3.

I doubt there will be a trailer for the new banner in this; it'll probably be tonight since otherwise it falls just a few hours prior to the banner's release.

3 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

it'll probably be tonight since otherwise it falls just a few hours prior to the banner's release.

I mean, we have had trailers drop the night of the release before.

1 hour ago, silverserpent said:

This is true, but it's been a while since they last pulled that kind of thing.

IIRC there's been exactly one previous Feh Channel the night before a main banner release (Nohrian Summer), and it had the trailer released that night.

Ugh, the date "19th" being plastered everywhere made me forget all about the different timezones leading to different dates. Got all excited for nothing just now. Oh well, at least I had to get up around this time anyway.