Who would you want as the main villain in a new story mode/Subspace?

Dragoncat

MUHAHAHA I SHALL DESTROY THE NINTENDO HUB AND REMAKE IT IN MY IMAGE  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Options

• Tabuu
    • Crazy Hand
    • I have another idea(say in post)

Oh look Dcat's making Subspace topics again! But I think we can all agree: a new story mode like it needs to happen. Vote in the poll and discuss.

Inspired by this from a PM to Anacybele.

I want to see Tabuu giving Metal Face his orders and getting snarked at a bit and then putting him in his place. Either Tabuu or a new main villain. Perhaps Crazy Hand? That'd be awesomer, actually. I picture Crazy Hand being about the same size as or a bit bigger than Metal Face and he grabs him and squeezes/crushes him to make him mind his Ps and Qs. The plot can be Master Hand telling everyone to go defeat his evil twin who's trying to take over/destroy the Nintendo Hub.

My vote goes to Crazy Hand, although I wouldn't mind seeing Tabuu again.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is quite unlikely to happen, and don't know how much support the idea itself would have, but...

If there is such a thing as another grand adventure like thing like the Subspace Emissary, I'd want the final boss to NOT be an original creation. Maybe it's just how much I played the SRW series, but when it comes to giant crossover works, it has kinda desensitize me that the final enemies up to the final boss end up being OC's. I just don't find much appeal to the idea. Therefore, having the final boss be someone who isn't an OC/OG, I find it more appealing. To bring up again SRW, it does have a few games where the final boss is someone who isn't an original creation. Few who have this honor have been Paptimus Scirocco, Shapiro Keets, Kaworu Nagissa, Gostello, Don Sauzer, Char Aznable, the Anti-Spiral, etc.

As such, it's something I would like to see in a Smash Bros if it brings back something like the SE. Now, who would have such a role? I don't know. So long it's not an OC, I'd say...

Honestly, I think it would be something original, crazy hand isn't main villain material (he is too unhinged to properly orchestrate the destruction of the world), and Tabuu is dead/would just be retreading old ground. I can't know exactly what Sakurai would want to do, I mean there is an interesting series of metaphors for the meaning behind the smash bros bosses, so I guess that you could try to figure out where to next, for what the next villain could be, the master hand represented sakurai's desire to create, crazy hand represented sakurai's desire to destroy his creation (the most flimsy of them all but it could go with his opinion on sequels), then there is Tabuu who was meant to represent society and its views on sakurai's work (obvious given the name), and then there is the master core which seemed to represent sakurai's weariness towards smash 4's development. So I guess we could ask what defines this game or how does sakurai feel about it. That's just my thoughts on the matter.

Edited by thecrimsonflash

Voted "Other". I wouldn't want to see Crazy Hand as the main villain (I always saw the final battle with Master and Crazy Hand as more of a friendly match than anything else, not heroes vs. villains), and I wouldn't want them to just recycle Tabuu.

An original villain is probably the best way to go, to avoid playing favorites, but something new instead of just retreading Brawl.

32 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

This is quite unlikely to happen, and don't know how much support the idea itself would have, but...

If there is such a thing as another grand adventure like thing like the Subspace Emissary, I'd want the final boss to NOT be an original creation. Maybe it's just how much I played the SRW series, but when it comes to giant crossover works, it has kinda desensitize me that the final enemies up to the final boss end up being OC's. I just don't find much appeal to the idea. Therefore, having the final boss be someone who isn't an OC/OG, I find it more appealing. To bring up again SRW, it does have a few games where the final boss is someone who isn't an original creation. Few who have this honor have been Paptimus Scirocco, Shapiro Keets, Kaworu Nagissa, Gostello, Don Sauzer, Char Aznable, the Anti-Spiral, etc.

As such, it's something I would like to see in a Smash Bros if it brings back something like the SE. Now, who would have such a role? I don't know. So long it's not an OC, I'd say...

But that would be hard to pull off, like, say they use Medeus as the final boss. Then it would look like FE is being favored. Same goes with any other villain from any other franchise.

On Crazy Hand, yeah, he looks kinda psychotic and stupid, but it could be a ruse. He could be quite the schemer under that.

5 minutes ago, Dragoncat said:

But that would be hard to pull off, like, say they use Medeus as the final boss. Then it would look like FE is being favored. Same goes with any other villain from any other franchise.

On Crazy Hand, yeah, he looks kinda psychotic and stupid, but it could be a ruse. He could be quite the schemer under that.

Well, a series like SRW ain't afraid to pull stuff like that once in a blue moon. It's a fact of life that it ain't fair. Sometimes, someones or someone will have more than others, and that's that.

That said, I could go into more detail about the times SRW has done this and how I don't feel most of them are "favored", but this ain't the place for that. Suffice to say, I'd applaud SSB if it pulls something like this... but I know chances are very slim. Oh well...

I have another idea- At the start of your adventure, Masahiro Sakurai descends from the heavens and announces that the mode is cancelled because the cutscenes would have been leaked on YouTube, and then you are booted out of the mode.

4 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

I have another idea- At the start of your adventure, Masahiro Sakurai descends from the heavens and announces that the mode is cancelled because the cutscenes would have been leaked on YouTube, and then you are booted out of the mode.

Great, now I picture Sakurai himself as the final boss... which wouldn't be that bad of an idea, honestly.

It's not like it hasn't happened before. Not as the final boss, but games like Pokémon W/B/W2/B2, FFXV, and one of the Nier ones have you fight against actual people involved in the game's creation.

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Great, now I picture Sakurai himself as the final boss... which wouldn't be that bad of an idea, honestly.

It's not like it hasn't happened before. Not as the final boss, but games like Pokémon W/B/W2/B2, FFXV, and one of the Nier ones have you fight against actual people involved in the game's creation.

Maybe for Sakurai's final Smash game. His FINAL SMASH game.

Honestly I want it to be someone original. I'd just kinda like it if they establish the character as a friendly AI or something (perhaps clearing the story could unlock them or they could be an unlockable assist trophy as a product of it) and have them suffer from this level of schizophrenia that kinda has them both working with and against you. Have it as some thought provoking morality conflict that makes the players question if this character is truly good or evil. It doesn't have to be scripted deeply, but it should have a few notes towards the character occasionally showing up and disappearing at times with one or two characters you've just been playing as noticing that they're gone.

Then, at the end of it, the revelation is that it's the player account's Mii Fighter and that they are adept in all 3 forms of Mii combat.

21 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

Yeah that was stupid. I mean, I can see his point, but people are going to buy the game regardless of whether the cutscenes are uploaded to youtube or not, so why is he worried about it?

8 minutes ago, Light Strategist said:

Honestly I want it to be someone original. I'd just kinda like it if they establish the character as a friendly AI or something (perhaps clearing the story could unlock them or they could be an unlockable assist trophy as a product of it) and have them suffer from this level of schizophrenia that kinda has them both working with and against you. Have it as some thought provoking morality conflict that makes the players question if this character is truly good or evil. It doesn't have to be scripted deeply, but it should have a few notes towards the character occasionally showing up and disappearing at times with one or two characters you've just been playing as noticing that they're gone.

Then, at the end of it, the revelation is that it's the player account's Mii Fighter and that they are adept in all 3 forms of Mii combat.

This is a cool idea!

@Acacia Sgt I have never heard of this series you mentioned, nor any of the characters.

Edited by Dragoncat

1 hour ago, Dragoncat said:

@Acacia Sgt I have never heard of this series you mentioned, nor any of the characters.

It's a SRPG series, like FE, and like Smash, it's a mega crossover. Except this one is between mecha anime. Like how Smash had the Hands and Tabuu and stuff, SRW also has it's original stuff. That's why I brought it up for comparison, and why I find appeal in the idea of not having something original for a final boss. If you want to know more about how it subverts it, I could take it for PM's if you want.

1 hour ago, Dragoncat said:

Yeah that was stupid. I mean, I can see his point, but people are going to buy the game regardless of whether the cutscenes are uploaded to youtube or not, so why is he worried about it?

Because is Sakurai and he is above your judgement, peasant.

I love having a large adventure mode, but trying to tell a story (especially with long cutscenes) is a waste of their time and resources.

2 minutes ago, Johann said:

I love having a large adventure mode, but trying to tell a story (especially with long cutscenes) is a waste of their time and resources.

The cutscenes in Subspace weren't bad. And I think somewhat of a story is needed.

1 minute ago, Dragoncat said:

The cutscenes in Subspace weren't bad. And I think somewhat of a story is needed.

It's not about whether they were bad or not, it's more that the time and money it takes for them to create these stories and cutscenes is a waste when they could be making even more modes, characters, etc instead. I doubt we'll ever get anything as overproduced as SSE again, and the time between Smash 4 and Ultimate's releases will have likely been too short to allow for such an undertaking.

Frankly, SSE took itself too seriously. The "story" could be as simple as something from Kirby Super Star, which had straightforward plots like "[villain] stole all the food, get it back" and "Kirby fell into a cave, find treasures and escape". If we get an adventure mode, I completely expect something equally simple, if not more so.

9 hours ago, Johann said:

It's not about whether they were bad or not, it's more that the time and money it takes for them to create these stories and cutscenes is a waste when they could be making even more modes, characters, etc instead. I doubt we'll ever get anything as overproduced as SSE again, and the time between Smash 4 and Ultimate's releases will have likely been too short to allow for such an undertaking.

Frankly, SSE took itself too seriously. The "story" could be as simple as something from Kirby Super Star, which had straightforward plots like "[villain] stole all the food, get it back" and "Kirby fell into a cave, find treasures and escape". If we get an adventure mode, I completely expect something equally simple, if not more so.

I guess we'll agree to disagree here. I personally loved Subspace and how it "took itself seriously", because seeing heroes and villains from different franchises interacting like that was so awesome.