How many F2P orbs have you saved up?

saisymbolic

This isn't a topic promoting F2P or anything like that. And you don't have to be strictly F2P to make a comment, though I suppose it might be easier to answer if you are F2P.

I made this topic because I was feeling a bit proud of myself. I was able to save up 112 orbs since I began saving about a couple weeks ago. This is an achievement for me because, as soon as I scrape up 20 orbs, I spend them impulsively and end up looking silly when new banners release with units I want.

And then I got curious about others. Because I'm sure there are some people who have way more patience and restraint than me; I remember reading someone (either here on SF or reddit) had an account where they spent no orbs and had over 3,000 F2P orbs as result.

So, how many F2P orbs do you guys have saved up?

At this point in time, I currently have 57 because I blew them all on Summer Tana and Robin. I don't know my exact peak, but I know I've gone past 300 in the past, and I will probably continue to save up ludicrous amounts of orbs after my paranoia with how many orbs it takes me to get certain units.

193 is my record. Never really cared about CYL or those long-awaited banners. The only thing that got me that far was realising Charlotte was going to re-appear.

Since late January of this year, purely on Orbs you can get from logging in (with a couple bonuses that came via login like the anniversary gift and any compensation Orbs), I'm at ~440 right now. Whether this breaks 500 or not is all dependent on what the game adds next. At least I should have enough of an initial war chest to reasonably get whatever I want when IS finally meets my current criteria for jumping in should I stick to it.

Hopefully I'll be able to practice a similar level of austerity after I start playing, I'd hate to give into temptation.

Infrequent spender here. I believe the most I've reached without spending a cent is about 86-89, around the time of the anniversary freebies, so I wouldn't really consider that much of an accomplishment, aside from an impressive, albeit small, feat of self-control.

Currently have 14, record is around the 180-190 mark I believe. I don't actively save *for* things, I'm not forward-looking like that, so any savings I get is purely because the active banners at the time don't interest me.

At the time of this post I've got 98. But my record is 279 achieved just last month. I almost exlusively pull on legendary banners now. The only reason I got more than 200 to use for June was because May's LB got me both of the seasonals I was hunting for about halfway into my stash and I decided to quit there for better odds next month.

I really don't have any trouble saving orbs. If a Legendary Banner appeared with no missing seasonal units then I don't think I'd have much issue with just saving up another whole month for a record of ~500 orbs. I can tell you however that it doesn't matter how many hundreds you have, it's never enough. I don't envy whales because I know how depressing blowing hundreds of orbs is in the moment.

Edited by Glennstavos

i've got like 28 that'll either be saved for the upcoming banner if it's dope or spent immediately if it isn't because i don't hold onto orbs

except the leo banner from awhile ago where i saved up somewhere very north of 100 because i'd been trying to get a leo for literal months 

I've been trying to save up a ton for H!Sakura's potentially last rerun in November. Things conspire against me however. My record was 312, before the new Summer banner send Takumi and Tiki to absolutely slay my orbs. I am hoping the next few banners contain nothing of interest for me, but I wouldn't bet on it.

I usually allow myself to dip a little, to satisfy the summoning itch, which are my plans for the next banner too if there is someone vaguely of interest to me. My orb count is 181 right now. Here's to hoping it doesn't drop too hard after today.

1 minute ago, Captain Karnage said:

you have better patience than me, I summon every time I get up to 9

what the FUCK

that isn't even maximum efficiency

how do you live day to day eugh

Edited by Integrity

1 minute ago, Captain Karnage said:

I HAVE A GAMBLING PROBLEM

FIX IT THEN and gamble smarter by spending 20 orbs at a time lmao nerd i don't even snipe with 9 i snipe with 13

My record was ~340, between Hares at the Fair and Bridal Blooms. There was an extra banner between them, and I skipped the Legendary banner that month, and I never pull on any banners other than Special Heroes banners these days.

It worked fine - I had excess orbs after getting all the new brides - then the Bridal Blessings re-run ate them without even giving me Lyn. :-(

(and this is why consecutive Special banners can go screw themselves)

Most I've saved up to is like 380+ and spent them all on Lyn's Legendary banner.

Right now I'm sitting on near enough 295, and plan to continue saving until flying Nino becomes focus once more.

My highest was barely above 100 and I only reached that once. Maybe when I'm done pulling for fodder I might be able to save again. I get baited easily.

I've given up on saving for legendary banners since those are disasters most of the time. CYL2 is probably the only thing that could make me save but no scheduled date of release and info on the units makes me hesitant to do so.

Edited by Korath88