Tempest Trials: Chaos Named!

Vaximillian

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, with these units, I've come to the conclusion I should have a team each for Tobin, Joshua, Clive and Arden. Still not sure who yet, will probably decide when the unit types for the last map are known.

(The M!Marth should have been someone else, like Marisa or Gerome)

11 minutes ago, Dayni said:

(The M!Marth should have been someone else, like Marisa or Gerome)

IS decided to use only 2017's units. Marisa is a 2018 unit and will probably return in a similar Tempest Trial in the future.

Still... I would prefer to have the units in the summoning pool, and the season tempest unit in the Legendary Heroes Banner.

1 hour ago, Diovani Bressan said:

IS decided to use only 2017's units. Marisa is a 2018 unit and will probably return in a similar Tempest Trial in the future.

Still... I would prefer to have the units in the summoning pool, and the season tempest unit in the Legendary Heroes Banner.

Yeah, I noticed that afterwards. You think they might have the seasonal and non-seasonal units separate?

I definitely agree on the first (I would be more than willing to get more Canas), while I'm not so sure about the seasonal units, as much sense as it would make (as well as getting more unit options for colours that need them)

6 hours ago, Hilda said:

TA3 is the best refine for Alfonse... i really dont get it why people are so negative about the TA3 refine, its literally perfect for  his base stats because he even has trouble one shotting and tanking green units... he cant fight or take a hit from blue units to save his life with or without TA3. With TA3 he can focus on upping his bad match up against red users. Because he cant tank them currently neither!

It's probably because with the upcoming Arena season score change, people going into Tier21 will try to give all 20 kills in a 5-streak chain to their bonus unit (Alfonse unless they have a merged up better scorer). TA3 makes him unable to touch some blues, so that's lost points.

I agree that TA3 is a great refine when he's used as an AA unit, however.

I think I'll use either Masked Marth or Joshua as a bonus unit for this TT, they have a good amount of HM left to get. I might try to make a full team of the bonus units for autobattle runs as well.

@bottlegnomes For staying in tier 21, certainly, but I would hesitate to say the threshold of just getting into it every other week (tier20.5 in a sense) would require that.

Considering one can achieve at least ~730s with a decent +30 core and a 5* Askr/Fjorm, people with that sort of team would effectively get 740~750 per match if they successfully feed all the kills. Current t20 thresholds hover around 732~734. We'll have to wait and see whether the threshold jumps up that high next week.

Back on the topic of the TT, that dancer boss certainly worries me, reminds me of the old TT days with dancers spawning on the final map. It'll probably throw a dangerous wrench into the autobattle viability for this one.

Looks like my first bonus unit will be Alphonse since I gave him his refine first, I may stick his sister on the team as well for blue, Amelia for green until she caps HM then Dorcas and Priscilla as healer and colorless until she caps HM.  I think I will only do lunatic 5 or hard 5 depending on how my team does and I auto battle TTs so I will find the level the survive at and stick with it.

4 hours ago, Azuni said:

It's probably because with the upcoming Arena season score change, people going into Tier21 will try to give all 20 kills in a 5-streak chain to their bonus unit (Alfonse unless they have a merged up better scorer). TA3 makes him unable to touch some blues, so that's lost points.

he cant touch blue units with or without TA3 refine. His speed is so low that basicly all Blue units you face in Arena will kill him and he wont double blue units due to his speed either. So it Really doesnt matter

Black Knight is going to be my bonus unit, 1 slot is going to a healer, uncertain of the rest of my spots, but I'm leaning torward dusting off Gunnthra and another ploy unit

I'm tempted to get a new dancer, but my gut tells me to wait until the new calander release at the earliest.

Hm...wondering what kind of team I'm going to run this time. I could probably do two swords and two lances...but I'd like to be able to run a mage of sorts. I've got some horses that need to max out HM. So maybe I'll run Clive along with Elise, LA!Lilina, and Ursula or mix it up and run Clive, one horse, Masked Marth (for heals), and Alfonse or Sharena.

Either way, I've been wanting to build Clive for a while now. I'm sure he'll be fun with TT buffs!

Edited by Rafiel's Aria

1 hour ago, Hilda said:

he cant touch blue units with or without TA3 refine. His speed is so low that basicly all Blue units you face in Arena will kill him and he wont double blue units due to his speed either. So it Really doesnt matter

It does matter, but only to people willing to change their core team to babysit the bonus. After this update was announced, I've seen a number of people discussing ways to feed kills to the bonus unit. Without the TA3 refine, Alfonse can at least deal the finishing blow to most blues, provided the team is built around supporting him: the most effective ideas I've seen put forth so far are a Pain+ healer or Firesweep units with poison strike/etc to chip units down to near death.

Best thing about this TT I'm looking forward to is that delicious spare Joshua for CD3.

Pulled an Arden today, so I went and put together two teams already:

pvxUpnl.png

Legault was promoted because he is cool and because someone needs to collect HM along with Libra (healer guy). Alfonse built became pretty cool, thanks to @Hilda

Spoiler

4QYVsIN.png

HEitA22.png

DkNXRDF.png

MMmn4pC.png

Legault needs still some skills, ideas (apart from Desperation)?

Sharena has got a cheap AA set, perhaps she could use something better. I'm thinking of sacrificing my spare NY!Camilla for SPD/DEF bond, what do you think @Vaximillian?

3RR9Ry1.png

Spoiler

CoLHB7o.png

toZLLoa.png

YnsF1AP.png

h01XyQ3.png

I'm not 100% content with Hinoka, since her skills want a Flier team. May be switched out for another ranged unit, but she needs to collect some HM first. 

@mampfoid: Bonds are fun, go for it. And if you can double down on it and get her the refine, it would be even merrier. +10 Spd/Def just for being near an ally!

I would have wished they worked like Merric’s and Linde’s refines, checking for allies in 2 spaces, not adjacent, though. At least for Sharena.

1 hour ago, Vaximillian said:

@mampfoid: Bonds are fun, go for it. And if you can double down on it and get her the refine, it would be even merrier. +10 Spd/Def just for being near an ally!

I would have wished they worked like Merric’s and Linde’s refines, checking for allies in 2 spaces, not adjacent, though. At least for Sharena.

Ok, I was going to refine the Askir trio sooner or later anyway: 

HGyMJ37.png

She'll profit from Libras double Spur and I'll give him a drive seal (or spur spd seal) as well. 

Yeah also Hinokas and Sanakis refinements work like Lindes/Merrics, while they are restricted to certain movement types in comparison to Bond skills. 

/Edit: Her ATK stat looks nicer with the ATK/DEF+2 seal:

3Yl4Gav.png

Edited by mampfoid

On 8/9/2018 at 1:00 PM, Azuni said:

Almost no one aiming for Tier 21 is going to be using Alfonse. There's no reason to use him when there are mergeable alternative options.

And if you are using Alfonse, you're giving him a refined Armorsmasher+, which has far better performance at the top of the Arena and is only worth 50 SP less than Folkvangr.

7 hours ago, mampfoid said:

/Edit: Her ATK stat looks nicer with the ATK/DEF+2 seal:

3Yl4Gav.png

I reached the same effect of 50 Atk with summoner support, heh:
Screenshot_20180811-113253.jpg

Now if only she also was mergable.

And her bond effect could have been as special as she herself is!

9 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

True! Too bad the buff cancelling effect doesn't help much in PvE content. 

Unless the content in question is designed with the enemies getting the buffs consistently. Manakete developer challenge comes to mind… but they target her worse Res.

@mampfoid Hm.. You've given me a neat idea for Sharena. I have a spare NY!Camilla I've been sitting on since the New Years banner and I still don't have anyone I want to give SPD/DEF bond to so this gives me a pretty good idea.

Run the double bond, then give her a partner, give that partner spur SPD/DEF and rally SPD/DEF from Oscar and we're talking +18 SPD/DEF. That's Lukas tier defenses with speed so bonkers it would make Karla raise an eyebrow. I may do that.

1 hour ago, Zeo said:

@mampfoid Hm.. You've given me a neat idea for Sharena. I have a spare NY!Camilla I've been sitting on since the New Years banner and I still don't have anyone I want to give SPD/DEF bond to so this gives me a pretty good idea.

Run the double bond, then give her a partner, give that partner spur SPD/DEF and rally SPD/DEF from Oscar and we're talking +18 SPD/DEF. That's Lukas tier defenses with speed so bonkers it would make Karla raise an eyebrow. I may do that.

Don't forget her boosted stats from TTs. 

The only doubt I had was that Bond skills are one of the few offensive options for healers and also good for owl tome users. But SPD/DEF Bond is in an odd spot, I didn't think I'd find a better user than Sharena for that. 

@mampfoid I was honestly saving it to potentially give to Serra or perhaps an owl tome unit, but most owl tome units would prefer something else in their A slot (Sophia, Henry, Boey, Mae) or already have something better in it (Katarina, LA!Lyn). Plus in my heart, Serra would rather have ATK/SPD Push or simply an ATK or SPD+3 raw stat boost.

This is likely the best route. I just need to find her a partner with a suitable color.

Edited by Zeo