Tempest Trials: Chaos Named!

Vaximillian

@mampfoid Maybe it's the tank lover in me concerning this game, but I think Spur SPD/DEF is better to stack on Sharena. With stats like the ones she's going to have, chances are the Bonfire proc is going to kill whatever she's fighting. On top of that, while I have them supported already actually, it's superficial at best. It's not the best idea because it means you have to also... field Alfonse who isn't that great even with his refine. His only real use is fighting greens and swords (with SB), both of which Sharena can do with the double bond/spur/rally/support combo. That gives her Lukas tier defenses, and Lukas tanks physical greens just fine.

If you really wanted to be silly, you could inherit Hama Ya+ from a NY!Corrin if you kept your second one to an archer of your choice and partner them up for an extra +2 to DEF/RES to make her even sillier. Dare I say I wouldn't waste Marth on her. His buffs are so ridiculous he needs a partner you can go further with. Heck a dedicated team while you're at it. 

And yes... I decided to give Serra Genny's current set swapping SPD+3 for ATK+3, but I'm actually considering a CC Absorb build as she's +SPD/-HP and she could run it well. But obviously I need CC fodder for that and since I can't afford to spend orbs on today's banner, I don't see that happening any time soon.

Edited by Zeo

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Zeo I think for a tank lover, you are overlooking Alfonse a little bit. While not yet on the same level, he is a little like Chrom. (Chrom is still better because of natures, merges, better weapon & better refinements)

For Arena his TA refinement + vanilla Death Blow are perfect, with boosted stats he should be able to take care of all greens and with help and breakers also some reds. 

For TTs the new Brazen effect is the cool thing. Check my build for him: 

4QYVsIN.png

Without buffs or adjacent allies, he'll reach 50 (!) DEF and 69 ATK thanks to double Brazen and TT boosted stats. Once below 50% he'll double every melee unit on initiation (good old Desperation/Brash trick). 

Alternatively you could go for the DEF refine, but I think it shouldn't be a big problem to evade blue foes with a color balanced team. 

Best showcase in my eyes is @Hildas clear of Takumis GHB, were Alfonse solos a big part of the map:

Edited by mampfoid

I'm assuming these maps are recycled final maps from all the past TT?
Anyways I love the soundtrack.
I guess it's the first TT in which each map has an own theme.

Also I like all the unit rewards.
I need BK to clear Xander's armor quest.

Edited by Jules

Dancing Micaiah dealing 144 damage against a Titania with Glimmer is really satisfying

Also all the uninterrupted final map themes almost makes up for the fact we don't have new seals

Clive is getting a revival in use. I forgot how much I like his art.

Edited by mcsilas

Not a bad Tempest Trial, takes a lot of points to get my Arden unfortunately. My M!Marth(Reciprocal Aid), L!Lucina, HS!Xander, Linus got perfect score twice. I was thinking of using Walhart instead of Linus, but Linus already has Reposition. My overall Res is low, but the team got great mobility, and M!Marth is good offensive healer. I'm going to max the HM of M!Marth and Linus for sure.

So, This TT is neat with all the previous TT maps.

Tried a cav team with Clive, BKhrom, GrooMarth and Summelinde. After failing to get A/A because 2 fury units and no healing is a great idea for 7 maps, switched to Joshua, Ishtar, Linus and Genny. Will also have teams for Tobin and Arden if needed, just you wait.

34 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

What do you guy use for your auto battle teams? I'm trying to get some ideas because my team of Sharena, mCorrin, Nanna, and BIke isn't working out too well.

I'm using Joshua, Clive, Bride Lyn (with res tactic seal) and BK and it's been working good so far. Joshua's a solid auto TT unit with his good mixed defenses and the bonus stats. Clive I just picked due to good bulk and to fill the blue spot with bonus stats (Don't have Sharena promoted), and Lyn heals and res tactic buffs everyone. I've only seen the team lose once so far on Lunatic 5, and BK would have clutched it out if Micaiah's weapon didn't keep him from killing her with Vantage.

13 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

I'm using Joshua, Clive, Bride Lyn (with res tactic seal) and BK and it's been working good so far. Joshua's a solid auto TT unit with his good mixed defenses and the bonus stats. Clive I just picked due to good bulk and to fill the blue spot with bonus stats (Don't have Sharena promoted), and Lyn heals and res tactic buffs everyone. I've only seen the team lose once so far on Lunatic 5, and BK would have clutched it out if Micaiah's weapon didn't keep him from killing her with Vantage.

Thanks for the advice, it didn't occur to me to use BK on my team.

40 minutes ago, Midnox said:

Is it possible for that goddess of chaos to be Yune?

I mean it is, and it seems like they hinted at it with using the word tune (maybe I'm reading too much into that), but this seems rather OoC for her. Even if it's not, and it's say Loki, they're definitely alluding heavily to Yune with the whole thing.

Edited by bottlegnomes

17 minutes ago, bottlegnomes said:

I mean it is, and it seems like they hinted at it with using the word tune (maybe I'm reading too much into that), but this seems rather OoC for her. Even if it's not, and it's say Loki, they're definitely alluding heavily to Yune with the whole thing.

They also mentioned a bird.

20 minutes ago, bottlegnomes said:

That fake Micaiah also alluded birds, which happens for her to have taken the form of Micaiah's bird. Sure, I don't see Yune destroying the world or everything, but I remember if she were to be awoken by killing instead of the heron's song, she would have done exactly that. I'm sure Loki is responsible, considering being involved in the last paralogue, but guess we have to wait until this TT ending dialogue 

Just started this! AT LAST I GOT TOBIN. lol So glad. Been wanting him to return for so long since I like him and I missed him the first time because his original TT gave me a really hard time.

I'm running a Tellius team with RD Ike, Yukata Elincia, Oscar, and BK since BK is a bonus unit. And I must say, RD Ike with TT boosts is ridiculous. lol

This should also help me finally get RD Ike and Yukata Elincia to S support! Gotta defeat enemies at lv. 35 or higher, right? Lunatic 5 should suffice then since it says those enemies are lv. 35.

Edited by Anacybele

20 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

They also mentioned a bird.

True, forgot to mention that.

14 minutes ago, Midnox said:

That fake Micaiah also alluded birds, which happens for her to have taken the form of Micaiah's bird. Sure, I don't see Yune destroying the world or everything, but I remember if she were to be awoken by killing instead of the heron's song, she would have done exactly that. I'm sure Loki is responsible, considering being involved in the last paralogue, but guess we have to wait until this TT ending dialogue 

If I'm remembering correctly, that was actually Ashera. Were she to awaken from violence, she'd assume people failed to improve and go genocidal on everyone. The galdr of release was to awaken both, since when one awakens then the other will. In that case, the people can make their case to Ashera as to why she should give them the go ahead early, or in your know-who's case, tell her things are already a lots cause and it's not with waiting the rest of the time. The freezing was basically a way to table whatever was going on until she could make a decision. It's been a while since I played RD, so some things might be off, but that's the general gist of the agreement from what I recall.

But yeah, I'm banking on Loki as well. I so do wish she were playable. Her level 40 dialogue would be really interesting.

Edited by bottlegnomes

36 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Just started this! AT LAST I GOT TOBIN. lol So glad. Been wanting him to return for so long since I like him and I missed him the first time because his original TT gave me a really hard time.

I'm running a Tellius team with RD Ike, Yukata Elincia, Oscar, and BK since BK is a bonus unit. And I must say, RD Ike with TT boosts is ridiculous. lol

This should also help me finally get RD Ike and Yukata Elincia to S support! Gotta defeat enemies at lv. 35 or higher, right? Lunatic 5 should suffice then since it says those enemies are lv. 35.

Congrats for getting a Tobin. He is not the best unit, but at least there is 1 less empty space in your Feh-Dex.

Although, units like Clive and Tobin should be in the summoning pool because they are not that good and they don't have any interesting skill to inherit. If Tobin was in the summoning pool, IVs and merges would make him a better unit, because he has a good HP and Def, and average Res.

4 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Congrats for getting a Tobin. He is not the best unit, but at least there is 1 less empty space in your Feh-Dex.

Although, units like Clive and Tobin should be in the summoning pool because they are not that good and they don't have any interesting skill to inherit. If Tobin was in the summoning pool, IVs and merges would make him a better unit, because he has a good HP and Def, and average Res.

Yeah, I agree, but I like Tobin anyway. :P

I believe the intro could be hinting at Yune!Micaiah being the next Legendary. 

It was definitely the most interesting intro so far, at the very least.