Tempest Trials: Chaos Named!

Vaximillian

This TT is fun and since I am greedy I am grinding for all rewards today so I can do as many pulls for dancing Xander as possible and I have stuff happening latter in the week so I might as well.  My team right now is Alphonse, Fjorm, Priscilla and Cecilia which is doing better on lunatic 5 then I thought they would, I already maxed HM on Amelia and several other units are close.  I don't do HM farming so TT is when I max HM on my units.  

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Although, units like Clive and Tobin should be in the summoning pool because they are not that good and they don't have any interesting skill to inherit. If Tobin was in the summoning pool, IVs and merges would make him a better unit, because he has a good HP and Def, and average Res.

Natures would be good for the units, but the units wouldn't be good for the summoning pool. 

Trying out a completely different team composition from usual this time around, and it seems to be going pretty well, even if Marth isn't fully built. Double Lucina, double Lyn team:

+7 Masked Marth [=] (Falchion, Reciprocal Aid, Aether, Renewal 3, Speed +3)
+10 Legendary Lucina [+Atk, -Def] (Thogn, Future Vision, Luna, Swift Sparrow 2, Guard 3, Distant Guard 3, Flashing Blade 3)
+10 Legendary Lyn [+Spd, -Def] (Swift Mulagir, Reposition, Moonbow, Laws of Sacae, Dull Ranged 3, Spd Tactic 3, Distant Def 3)
+10 Bride Lyn [+Spd, -Def] (Candlelight+ [Dazzling Staff], Recover+, Swift-Winds Balm, Speed +3, Wrathful Staff 3, Live to Serve 3)

Marth is sufficiently competent at taking out melee greens even without a full skill kit and can tank most other things with her bonus stats. Legendary Lyn is absurdly tanky (50/36/48 defenses with bonus on enemy phase), capable of counter killing pretty much any ranged unit they've so far thrown at me. Having two healing units instead of one has been pretty handy, even if it means I don't have quite as many options in terms of mobility.

I'm tempted to give Marth and Bride Lyn wind blessings just for kicks since it's going to be wind season for the entire duration of the event (+6/2/3/0/0 for both of them sounds pretty ridiculous).

I'll get Masked Marth merged up to +8 tonight with the new copy when I do some more barracks management.

2 hours ago, Anacybele said:

I hope not. I'd rather this legendary be Hrid, Marth, or red bow Alm. I just feel that any one of these three are overdue and I really like and want Hrid.

I think they are saving Hrid as a free unit like they did with Fjorm when book 2 was released, so I'm not expecting him just yet. Actually, Light Priestess Micaiah could very well be this month's legendary muthafuckah, as we could use another non Awakening or Fates legendary. Ash Ketchum legendary hero of what? At This point stopped trying to make sense of it.

4 minutes ago, Midnox said:

I think they are saving Hrid as a free unit like they did with Fjorm when book 2 was released, so I'm not expecting him just yet. Actually, Light Priestess Micaiah could very well be this month's legendary muthafuckah, as we could use another non Awakening or Fates legendary. Ash Ketchum legendary hero of what? At This point stopped trying to make sense of it.

...But Hrid, Marth, and Alm aren't Awakening or Fates either. So your argument doesn't make sense to me. Also, Hrid may or may not be free since Fjorm was while Gunnthra wasn't.

Edited by Anacybele

25OKLwm.png?3

I'd say this would be my most cathartic KO of her so far. Fuck dancers, now and forever.

Anyways, I actually got a rotation of four teams going: one for Tobin, one for Clive, one for Arden and one for Joshua. The other four don't get teams because either they're at max merits (BK), have already been used plenty in the past ("Marth") or are characters I refuse to use any more than necessary (Alfonse, Sharena).

Josh's Harem Team

Spoiler

M5WEPF0.png?1

Lucky him, indeed.

Arden's Team

Spoiler

uPuWZhc.png?1

Clive's Team

Spoiler

7OVXqUd.png?1

Tobin's Team

Spoiler

qxGMs48.png?1

I like this TT, it's cool seeing the old TT maps and hearing their themes again. I pushed on a little this morning to get the BK merge, but I'm in no rush now. I'm using Masked Marth, Walhart, Azura, and Elise. I managed to cap out my Prisilla's HM earlier today before switching to Elise.

16 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

All people who need Fury 3, TA3 and Desperation 3 would disagree I guess. 

The difference between 1 in 28 and 1 in 29 is minuscule. (There are currently 28 blue units in the 4-star summoning pool.)

12 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

The difference between 1 in 28 and 1 in 29 is minuscule. (There are currently 28 blue units in the 4-star summoning pool.)

They wouldn't add only Tobin and Clive, i.e. there are 7 red units that have been TT award. Of course some of them are much better fodder than Tobin and Clive. 

Nothing is impossible, they also added Kaze after being introduced as a reward. I just wouldn't see much value in adding Clive and Tobin to the regular summoning pool. 

Perhaps they could make reward banners for reward units, like they are doing legendary banners for legendary units? 

2 hours ago, Anacybele said:

...But Hrid, Marth, and Alm aren't Awakening or Fates either. So your argument doesn't make sense to me. Also, Hrid may or may not be free since Fjorm was while Gunnthra wasn't.

It makes sense if we assume that Micaiah being the boss of this Tempest Trial is a foreshadowing to the legendary hero banner. But yeah, I think that Echoes should have more love by now. Also the difference with Fjorm and Gunnthra was that the latter was intended to be killed off. Hrid seems to be building up for being important just as Fjorm was at the start of book 2

3 minutes ago, Midnox said:

It makes sense if we assume that Micaiah being the boss of this Tempest Trial is a foreshadowing to the legendary hero banner. But yeah, I think that Echoes should have more love by now. Also the difference with Fjorm and Gunnthra was that the latter was intended to be killed off. Hrid seems to be building up for being important just as Fjorm was at the start of book 2

Yeah, but also remember that Fjorm's chapter where she became obtainable is Princess of Ice. At least I think... Hrid did not become playable in Prince of Ice.

5 minutes ago, Midnox said:

If you ask me, Fjorm seems to be set up to die, if those coughs are anything to go by.

5 minutes ago, Midnox said:

Also the difference with Fjorm and Gunnthra was that the latter was intended to be killed off. Hrid seems to be building up for being important just as Fjorm was at the start of book 2

The difference between Fjorm and Gunnthra is that Fjorm actually joins the party during the events of the story.

i've been waiting for Tempest, since i finally have the Tactics to do this for fun

YcHnUtx.png

legends say he slowly died to Fury recoil and perished on the final map....

screenshot looks weird because i have an app that dims and reduces blue light in the evenings so my eyes can go to bed before i do

Got Tobin and Clive, BLESS~ Now I'll just be Orb hoarding~

I'm also not fond of the Bonus Units since I mainly use TT to grind for SP and neither my Black Knight nor Sharena really needed the SP (Sharena sure as hell didn't) but I went for her after using him for a while since I needed a blue unit on my team for now~ 

I'm really liking my team of Joshua, Sharena, Gunnthra, and Priscilla. Joshua is wind blessed so with the TT boost and summoner support, he tanks hits really well. 

Also, have an image of a family outing:

Mf3ULPq.jpg

18 minutes ago, ZeManaphy said:

For the map that plays Twilight of the gods, is that supposed to be Grima’s battlefield from Echoes?

Yup. And this time, we can potentially fight Grima there should Fell Reincarnation Robin spawn on that map (which did happen in one of my runs). It's also pretty good when it spawns Sonya on that map, which I also had happen.

I noticed that Tobin replaced the 3.000 mark 2 orbs reward from the usual TT+ rewards list, yet we still earn 42 orbs.

That's because the orbs moved to the 2.500 mark reward, replacing the 500 hero feathers. Nice move ISys, I could've easily missed that transition.

3 hours ago, Roflolxp54 said:

No, Alfonse isn't using Red Tomebreaker:

Well, red Micaiah is slow. My -SPD copy hits sluggish 17 SPD. 

7 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, but also remember that Fjorm's chapter where she became obtainable is Princess of Ice. At least I think... Hrid did not become playable in Prince of Ice.

Perhaps we'll get a new free unit with the next Book. Book II seems to be near it's end storywise. But I doubt it'll be a Nifl char.