Tempest Trials: Chaos Named!

Vaximillian

Made a few adjustments to my team, and holy hell is this team fun to use. This is the first time since the Brave Heroes Tempest Trials that I actually want to do more than the daily three runs.

+8 Masked Marth [=] (Falchion, Reciprocal Aid, Aether, Fury 3, Renewal 3, Speed +3) [Wind]
+10 Legendary Lucina [+Atk, -Def] (Thogn, Future Vision, Luna, Swift Sparrow 2, Guard 3, Distant Guard 3, Flashing Blade 3)
+10 Legendary Lyn [+Spd, -Def] (Swift Mulagir, Reposition, Moonbow, Laws of Sacae, Dull Ranged 3, Spd Tactic 3, Distant Def 3)
+10 Bride Lyn [+Spd, -Def] (Candlelight+ [Dazzling Staff], Recover+, Heavenly Light, Speed +3, Wrathful Staff 3, Live to Serve 3) [Wind]

Future Vision is an absolutely amazing skill. Not only can she effectively give herself and another unit +1 movement range, but being able to use Swap twice instead of attacking is amazing for positioning. Also being able to Swap in after another ranged unit attacks to hit the same enemy is incredibly useful.

And double wind blessing buffs on top of Tempest Trials bonus stats are silly.

EHzxDdl.jpg

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 hours ago, Midnox said:

That fake Micaiah also alluded birds, which happens for her to have taken the form of Micaiah's bird. Sure, I don't see Yune destroying the world or everything, but I remember if she were to be awoken by killing instead of the heron's song, she would have done exactly that. I'm sure Loki is responsible, considering being involved in the last paralogue, but guess we have to wait until this TT ending dialogue 

If Yune was awoken by chaos, she would have been the same, it was Ashera that would have instant destroyed the world under those circumstances. I think this Yune, messing up a carnival without a care for other people's enjoyment, while silly, is probably actually closer to Yune's real personality. During Radiant Dawn she is in serious business model as Ashera has to be stopped, but if there is no world ending event to stop, then she should logically be some kind of capricious destructive entity given her association with chaos.

@Ice Dragon Whoa, that Masked Marth build is actually something I'm using right now... well, very close. Only have Luna, no Aether yet, and I need to upgrade my seal, but truly the same idea. (I also haven't decided on C skill yet)

Guess I'll shamelessly steal Ice's format?, but manage with what I can on mobile?

Joshua [=] (Audhulma, Aegis, Distant Counter, Shield Pulse 3, Def Ploy 3, Quick Riposte 3)

Nanna [+Spd, -Atk] (Absorb+ [Dazzling Staff], Restore+, Miracle, Fortress Def 3, Wrathful Staff 3, Drive Def 2, Close Def 3)

+1 Dancing Inigo [+Def, -Spd] (Dancer's Ring+ [Resistance], Dance, Glimmer, Darting Blow 3, Bowbreaker 3, Hone Atk 3, Hp/Res 2)

+1 Ephraim [+Atk, -Spd] (Siegmund [Unique], Rally Def/Res, Noontime, Atk+3, Renewal 3, Drive Def  1, Deflect Magic 3)

Edited by silveraura25

3 hours ago, Jotari said:

During Radiant Dawn she is in serious business model as Ashera has to be stopped, but if there is no world ending event to stop, then she should logically be some kind of capricious destructive entity given her association with chaos.

I wouldn't necessarily say capricious. And she does display some chaotic behavior in RD despite having to defeat Ashera, one of the first things she says after she wakes up is basically "I'm not talking to you for being mean to me!" to Ike.

This said, we do have some lines about her true philosophy in 4-F-2, I've listed their Standard and translated Extended versions:

Standard:

Spoiler

Yune:
“True miracles can overwhelm and terrify mortal minds. If you dwell on what you see here, you might stop climbing.”

Ike:
“Really?”

Yune:
“Yes, really! Well, for most people, anyway. You’re all the exceptions. You are all focused on your one goal, and you can’t die until you achieve it. That’s what you think, right?”

>Ike:
“Yes.”

Yune:
“Desire propels people forward. That’s how it’s been since the beginning of your kind.”

Yune:
“You hope, take, give, kill, struggle… Out of all those needs and desires, hate and strife are born. And that’s all right. You should want. You should strive to fill that want. You should challenge your fates. When all else fails, you can still die fighting.”

Ike:
“Your philosophy is pretty extreme, too. Ashera doesn’t forgive people for their imperfections. But you embrace both the good and evil natures of people. You seem to enjoy our internal struggles.”

Yune:
“A straight road is boring. Defeat and destruction are far more interesting than stasis.”

Extended:

Spoiler

Yune:
“If you stare at the stairs, they will overwhelm and terrify your mortal minds. If you dwell on what you see here, you might stop climbing.”

Ike:
“Really?”

Yune:
“Yes, really! Well, for most people, anyway. You’re all the exceptions. You are all focused on your one goal, and you can’t die until you achieve it. That’s what you think, right?”

Ike:
“Yes.”

Yune:
“Desire propels people forward. That’s how it’s been since the beginning of your kind.”

Yune:
“Although as your desires increase, it becomes harder to satisfy them. There are strong-willed humans who realise their ambitions, those who are weak and give up halfway through, some who relentlessly pursue a goal but ultimately fail, those who care not about betraying others to achieve their goal and even humans who pass on their uncompleted mission to another. You hope, take, give, kill, struggle… Out of all those needs and desires, hate and strife are born.”

Ike:
“…”

Yune:
“And that’s all right. You should want. You should strive to fill that want. Since it’s something that you want no matter what, then besides trying to obtain it, there’s no other option. Even though before you are endless choices and endless outcomes, there will only ever be one path that you can cross. As long as you live, you should challenge your fates and keep challenging them. When all else fails, you can still die fighting.”

Ike:
“Your philosophy is pretty extreme, too. Ashera doesn’t forgive people for their imperfections. She’s using the destruction of life as a means of punishing us. But you embrace both the good and evil natures of people. You seem to enjoy our internal struggles. Good or evil doesn’t matter to you.”

Yune:
“A straight road is boring. Defeat and destruction are far more interesting than stasis.”

...One of those lines makes me think another TT should have Yune taking over Masked Marth.

Ashera's haughtiness Yune also says is because she spent the ~800 years alone and aloof, Yune had Heron galdrar serenading the Medallion, making her feel not so lonely, and thus kinder. So in other words, friendship is a magic that reduces one's desires to stone the world.

4 hours ago, Jotari said:

If Yune was awoken by chaos, she would have been the same, it was Ashera that would have instant destroyed the world under those circumstances. I think this Yune, messing up a carnival without a care for other people's enjoyment, while silly, is probably actually closer to Yune's real personality. During Radiant Dawn she is in serious business model as Ashera has to be stopped, but if there is no world ending event to stop, then she should logically be some kind of capricious destructive entity given her association with chaos.

Weird, I thought she would destroy the world if she was awoken with violence. Maybe I need to revisit RD

Finally made it into top 300, but I imagine that once I go to sleep I'll drop down to the 2000s. I need to wake up early the last day to catch up if I want that 10k feather reward

4 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I wouldn't necessarily say capricious. And she does display some chaotic behavior in RD despite having to defeat Ashera, one of the first things she says after she wakes up is basically "I'm not talking to you for being mean to me!" to Ike.

This said, we do have some lines about her true philosophy in 4-F-2, I've listed their Standard and translated Extended versions:

Standard:

Hide contents

Yune:
“True miracles can overwhelm and terrify mortal minds. If you dwell on what you see here, you might stop climbing.”

Ike:
“Really?”

Yune:

>Ike:
“Yes.”

Yune:

Yune:
“You hope, take, give, kill, struggle… Out of all those needs and desires, hate and strife are born. And that’s all right. You should want. You should strive to fill that want. You should challenge your fates. When all else fails, you can still die fighting.”

Ike:
“Your philosophy is pretty extreme, too. Ashera doesn’t forgive people for their imperfections. But you embrace both the good and evil natures of people. You seem to enjoy our internal struggles.”

Yune:

Extended:

Hide contents

Yune:
“If you stare at the stairs, they will overwhelm and terrify your mortal minds. If you dwell on what you see here, you might stop climbing.”

Ike:
“Really?”

Yune:

Ike:
“Yes.”

Yune:

Yune:
“Although as your desires increase, it becomes harder to satisfy them. There are strong-willed humans who realise their ambitions, those who are weak and give up halfway through, some who relentlessly pursue a goal but ultimately fail, those who care not about betraying others to achieve their goal and even humans who pass on their uncompleted mission to another. You hope, take, give, kill, struggle… Out of all those needs and desires, hate and strife are born.”

Ike:
“…”

Yune:
“And that’s all right. You should want. You should strive to fill that want. Since it’s something that you want no matter what, then besides trying to obtain it, there’s no other option. Even though before you are endless choices and endless outcomes, there will only ever be one path that you can cross. As long as you live, you should challenge your fates and keep challenging them. When all else fails, you can still die fighting.”

Ike:
“Your philosophy is pretty extreme, too. Ashera doesn’t forgive people for their imperfections. She’s using the destruction of life as a means of punishing us. But you embrace both the good and evil natures of people. You seem to enjoy our internal struggles. Good or evil doesn’t matter to you.”

Yune:

...One of those lines makes me think another TT should have Yune taking over Masked Marth.

Ashera's haughtiness Yune also says is because she spent the ~800 years alone and aloof, Yune had Heron galdrar serenading the Medallion, making her feel not so lonely, and thus kinder. So in other words, friendship is a magic that reduces one's desires to stone the world.

Well I'd say chaos is the very definition of capricious, but point being, the Yune we see in Radiant Dawn is very focused on achieving a particular goal and isn't necessarily the same Yune we'd see in a more neutral setting.

3 hours ago, Midnox said:

Weird, I thought she would destroy the world if she was awoken with violence. Maybe I need to revisit RD

Well everyone thought she would before they actually met her, but that was due to Deghensea's propaganda saying she's a dark god, but it's clear that Yune holds no ill will towards humans and that it's Ashera that has the motivation and ability to destroy the world.

Edited by Jotari

8 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Well I'd say chaos is the very definition of capricious.

often times chaos characters get night based tropes like mystery, opaqueness, obscurity, trickery, e.c.t. that make caprice impossible in the sense that if you can't understand the personality, you can't notice it changing. this game's Loki is a good example, her personality has been extremely consistent while she's facilitating destructive change for unknown reasons. but chaos doesn't need to be destructive, sometimes you get the more positive night tropes of peace and pacifism with it.

of course they don't need to be saddled with night tropes to begin with, it's just one direction among many.

I noticed with my current team #2 (Alfonse, LLucina, Walhart, Elise) that I would have liked very much a Renewal seal. 

Elise got a premium set with ATK/SPD push and Wrathful staff (to realize my clear of Corrin & Azura BHB). To regain 100% HP to reactivate Push she got the Life to serve seal, but only Lucina wants to get healed since the other two are Brazen ATK/DEF users. 

Also team #1 got regrouped, I recognized I could build a bond team with red Micaiah (ATK/RES), Sharena (double SPD/DEF), Flying Hinoka (ATK/SPD) and Libra (healer and Spur bot). 

My old Tobin has been merged into the newly promoted one. If only they offered more Tobin or Clive merges instead of Masked Marths which are useless to me. Well, I get some feathers from them, I guess. 

Welp, Joshua, Sharena, and Priscilla all capped their HM so I swapped them out for Masked Marth, Clive, and Clarine. I'm also digging this semi-horse team that I've got going on. Still debating if I should swap in Tobin for Marth but I would like at least one fast unit on my team even though I don't really use Masked Marth for her speed. 

EDIT: did a few runs subbing in Tobin for Marth and it doesn't seem too bad. It takes a few more turns running Tobin but I'm able to get the max score most of the time. This means I can get some HM on Tobin and save Marth for another TT since she has a higher chance of being a bonus unit again than Tobin does.

Edited by tobuShogi

7 hours ago, Jotari said:

Well everyone thought she would before they actually met her, but that was due to Deghensea's propaganda saying she's a dark god, but it's clear that Yune holds no ill will towards humans and that it's Ashera that has the motivation and ability to destroy the world.

Yeah I remember that, but guess my claim that she would destroy the world by grief like Ashunera did was a case of bad memory 

8 hours ago, Lemmy said:

often times chaos characters get night based tropes like mystery, opaqueness, obscurity, trickery, e.c.t. that make caprice impossible in the sense that if you can't understand the personality, you can't notice it changing. this game's Loki is a good example, her personality has been extremely consistent while she's facilitating destructive change for unknown reasons. but chaos doesn't need to be destructive, sometimes you get the more positive night tropes of peace and pacifism with it.

of course they don't need to be saddled with night tropes to begin with, it's just one direction among many.

You seen to be playing pretty fast and loose with what Chaos actually is. By definition its a state of endless change, the opposite of order. Capricious, a tendancy to change whims or opinions suddenly, is the very idea of chaos in personality form. Chaos meaning peace or pacifism in particular is completely  antithetical to what chaos actually is. It's not synonyms with destruction, but it is with "things happening", which is the opposite of peace.

Edited by Jotari

How's the grind going for everyone? I decided I might aim for the 1k-5k bracket, but it seems really competitive. At ~50k points, I'm sitting at 3,300 right now. I'm not sure I'll keep up with that pace for the entire thing, but it was fun for now. I wanted to grind up some HM, and I'd been neglecting my supports for awhile now. I got most of my armors paired up, although I must say, it was a little strange to see BK blush through the helmet.

@Astellius Not really grinding yet, just trying out different teams. Since auto-battle became so famous, my wish to aim for a good ranking more or less disappeared. Getting all rewards shouldn't be a big problem though.

Blushing helmets are the best helmets. 

11 minutes ago, Astellius said:

How's the grind going for everyone? I decided I might aim for the 1k-5k bracket, but it seems really competitive.

Many stop past 50k. I’ve been doing #5k for past ten tempests or so, and about 155k points is enough for the final tally.

Taking it easy at the moment, not a single stamina potion used. Will decide late on whether I can be bothered going for top 10k, since 2k feathers aren't worth nearly as much as they used to be.

Since there are so many potentials to get feathers, I am not taking the competition for it. I will get the 50k rewards and probably go for some HM.

As usual.

Running a team of Sharena/Joshua/Inigo/Lachesis until Lachesis max HM (she is my 4* one from a long time ago, currently at 4800 and has capped several times before). Then, maybe I’ll switch to Arden + Armors (maybe that way I’ll finally build Arden). 

Clearing the normal runs is easy enough. But have had difficulty getting a good autobattle team. I did bite the bullet and 5* Sharena. Turns out she isn't helping them much. But I figured Clive would be even worse since horses like to run to their doom. I probably need to give them a dedicated healer rather than letting Masked Marth off-heal.

Well my plan is to max HM on the units that are really close to capping and then throw all the 5*s I have pulled over the past month that need SP at this TT.  Even though I sped through the rewards for dancer Xander who was so worth it, I really like this TT and I will keep grinding for now.  I am going to shoot for top 5k this time.

On 8/14/2018 at 4:50 PM, Anacybele said:

...But Hrid, Marth, and Alm aren't Awakening or Fates either. So your argument doesn't make sense to me. Also, Hrid may or may not be free since Fjorm was while Gunnthra wasn't.

Honestly, I'm expecting Hrid to be only an NPC and that's it, judging by how his normal art is outright of him singed and sweating. If that's not in his damaged art, then it doesn't look good for him.