Tempest Trials: Chaos Named!

Vaximillian

4 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

Honestly, I'm expecting Hrid to be only an NPC and that's it, judging by how his normal art is outright of him singed and sweating. If that's not in his damaged art, then it doesn't look good for him.

That doesn't make sense though. Fjorm and Gunnthra are playable, so the rest of their siblings ought to be too. I fully expect both Hrid and Ylgr to be playable at some point. And maybe Hrid gets slightly different normal art for when he's playable. There isn't anything that says this can't happen.

Also, a character that's killed off quickly (Gunnthra) is allowed to be playable, but another who's only just sweating a bit can't?

Edited by Anacybele

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm really glad that this TT has given me an excuse to actually train my Masked Marth. She's now 40 +1, just need to find some good skills for her.

Overall, I'm liking this TT. I needed Tobin, Arden (Catalogue only) and Joshua, so yeah.

Do you think they're going to do another one of these, but have the rewards be 2018's TT units? Because I need more merges for G!Marth and LA!Eliwood like, yesterday.

11 hours ago, mampfoid said:

@Astellius Not really grinding yet, just trying out different teams. Since auto-battle became so famous, my wish to aim for a good ranking more or less disappeared. Getting all rewards shouldn't be a big problem though.

Blushing helmets are the best helmets. 

Blushing helmets are indeed the best helmets!

11 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Many stop past 50k. I’ve been doing #5k for past ten tempests or so, and about 155k points is enough for the final tally.

Yes, I've noticed, even at this juncture. Once I passed 50k after I posted that last night, I jumped over 1k ranks all at once. There could very well be a number of people who just wanted to grind the 50k and be done with it.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

That doesn't make sense though. Fjorm and Gunnthra are playable, so the rest of their siblings ought to be too. I fully expect both Hrid and Ylgr to be playable at some point.

Also, a character that can be killed off quickly (Gunnthra) is allowed to be playable, but another who's only just sweating a bit can't?

Just saying, if a character's normal art depicts them with damage from an in-story event no matter their emotions, they likely may not see the light of day as a playable unit (or, in the case of in the story, they might not live long) unless they're voted to the top in CYL or it turns out IS took trolling lessons from Sakurai and went through the effort to do otherwise. They didn't bother adding burned damage to Gunnthra's art as she was in the middle of getting Sigurded, though, so that's a concern. Trust me, Hrid being playable would be awesome, but this is just too suspicious.

Also, I dunno what they'll do about Ylgr, really.

4 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

Just saying, if a character's normal art depicts them with damage from an in-story event no matter their emotions, they likely may not see the light of day as a playable unit (or, in the case of in the story, they might not live long) unless they're voted to the top in CYL or it turns out IS took trolling lessons from Sakurai and went through the effort to do otherwise. They didn't bother adding burned damage to Gunnthra's art as she was in the middle of getting Sigurded, though, so that's a concern. Trust me, Hrid being playable would be awesome, but this is just too suspicious.

Also, I dunno what they'll do about Ylgr, really.

I can't trust you, because I just don't agree. We can just agree to disagree. I don't think it would be that hard to have another version of the current Hrid art without the sweat and all.

Edited by Anacybele

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

No, I can't trust you, because I just don't agree. We can just agree to disagree. I don't think it would be that hard to have another version of the current Hrid art without the sweat and all.

...I'm sorry, you doubt that I think Hrid would be cool to play as because you don't agree with my reasoning as to my suspicions? What sense does that make? It's not like I said "I hate Hrid" or anything.

Also, if you do not agree, perhaps explain why you do not? I don't get why they'd choose to keep using the damaged art at this point (again, Gunnthra burning lackes any damage art) if they can easily make clean art for Hrid.

1 minute ago, NoirCore said:

...I'm sorry, you doubt that I think Hrid would be cool to play as because you don't agree with my reasoning as to my suspicions? What sense does that make? It's not like I said "I hate Hrid" or anything.

Also, if you do not agree, perhaps explain why you do not? I don't get why they'd choose to keep using the damaged art at this point (again, Gunnthra burning lackes any damage art) if they can easily make clean art for Hrid.

...What? I never said any of that. And I never said that you said you hate him either. Where did you get any of this? You said "Trust me, as cool as it would be to have Hrid playable, this is suspicious." I said I disagreed that it's suspicious, not that I disagreed with you liking him. I like him a lot myself, why would I disagree to that? Makes no sense.

I already told you why I disagree. Hrid not being playable while his sisters are would be very very odd to me since he's on the good guys' side first of all and is also being played up as this powerful warrior. He also has a weapon in his art. That just screams "playable character at some point" to me. I also just don't think it'd be fair to him, this strong warrior, if his sisters were playable and he wasn't.

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

...What? I never said any of that. And I never said that you said you hate him either. Where did you get any of this? You said "Trust me, as cool as it would be to have Hrid playable, this is suspicious." I said I disagreed that it's suspicious, not that I disagreed with you liking him. I like him a lot myself, why would I disagree to that? Makes no sense.

I already told you why I disagree. Hrid not being playable while his sisters are would be very very odd to me since he's on the good guys' side first of all and is also being played up as this powerful warrior. He also has a weapon in his art. That just screams "playable character at some point" to me. I also just don't think it'd be fair to him, this strong warrior, if his sisters were playable and he wasn't.

Ah, so I misread my wording. My bad.

In any case, I guess I'll just wait and see if IS ends up subverting expectations and spares Hrid.

6 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

Ah, so I misread my wording. My bad.

In any case, I guess I'll just wait and see if IS ends up subverting expectations and spares Hrid.

It's fine, I might have misunderstood you there too. xP

Even if Hrid dies, it doesn't mean he won't be playable. Gunnthra died and she's playable. Though she did AFTER... Fjorm might be getting set up to die too, judging by her coughs. This is cheesy and dumb though, if it's the case. Why kill everyone off like that?

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Even if Hrid dies, it doesn't mean he won't be playable. Gunnthra died and she's playable. Though she did AFTER... Fjorm might be getting set up to die too, judging by her coughs. This is cheesy and dumb though, if it's the case. Why kill everyone off like that?

Yeah, especially since people ship her with Alfonse. 

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Loki, you mean?

Figures that she's the odd one out.

Getting back on topic, interesting that the person imitating Micaiah was pigging out on food in the TT intro dialogue. :P That's quite the out-of-nowhere trait for Loki to have if that's her.

1 hour ago, NoirCore said:

Honestly, I'm expecting Hrid to be only an NPC and that's it, judging by how his normal art is outright of him singed and sweating. If that's not in his damaged art, then it doesn't look good for him.

Nothing is forcing that art of him to be the idle artwork of him as a summonable unit.

18 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Nothing is forcing that art of him to be the idle artwork of him as a summonable unit.

True, it's just that history makes me skeptical.

My first time ever bothering for top 1000 so I'm learning things. There's very little difference of points between the ranks of each player at the top. I'm only climbing a few ranks each max difficulty clear. I reached 212 through a lot pots yesterday?, but compared to that I spent only a couple of pots today and I'm at 462. If I stay within the top 500 then I shouldn't be afraid of my score dropping drastically when I'm sleeping

31 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

True, it's just that history makes me skeptical.

the burns and sweat looks like something that was simply drawn on a different layer over the art and could easily be taken off with the click of a button. seems like a reach but i guess it's better to be a skeptic than to have your hopes dashed :P

also while searching Hrid...

a2aeca10779d3434172099103dbf78ea.png

apparently a lot of people are having typo issues lol

Well, another day of Tempest, and I reached 75k points, which puts me at... 839. A lot of the competition appears to have died down after hitting the 50k mark. I don't think it should be too bad if I want to maintain a top 5k rank, although cracking the 1k mark sort of makes me want to compete for that. Who knows!

Well, Lachesis maxed in my last run yesterday, so I’ll replace her today with Lissa until Joshua maxes HM too. Then, I’ll change to armors (to get some SP on Arden)

Edited by Javi Blizz

It can't just be me who plays FEH a lot more when there's a tempest out. Wish there was a permanent one like Tap Battles, lol. Got Azura and Flyzura and Ninian to max HM in this tempest already, working on Inigo/Lyn/Masked Marth/L!Lucina next. Future Vision really makes dealing with bad layouts a joke. 

Clarine capped her HM and I'm out of Troubadours so I turned my +HP/-Atk Sigurd into my makeshift Hone Cavalry support medic. I gave him HP + 4(ran out of 4* Donnel's and debated if I should fodder my 4* Seliph for HP + 5 but I decided against it), Reciprocal Aid, and Renewal. Because I'm running a mostly cavalry team, Raigh actually poses a threat. 

Here are some FE4 related screenshots:

NRSfGAO.jpg

4ZErrxz.jpg

Edited by tobuShogi

Meanwhile I wondered why rewards stopped to pour in. Passed 50k without noticing it while grinding support for Cherche... it was fun though. 

On 16.8.2018 at 7:22 PM, Astellius said:

Blushing helmets are indeed the best helmets!

Blushing helmet accessories would be the first I'd use regularly. 

4 hours ago, eclipse said:

I'm trying to farm Clive.  It's painful.  Might have to hack out Full Horse Cheese to make him better.  QR seal helps a lot, though.

Might want to consider Swordbreaker as the B slot. He's taken out so many sword users for me that it's more than worth the SI.

I might have ditch my 3 horse units when Gunnthra reaches max HM. That means that Sigurd can stop pretending to be a medic and let an actual one do the job. I just might have Merric sub in for the green spot again.