Tempest Trials: Chaos Named!

Vaximillian

I'm at 600. I'll try aiming for 400 at least. I want to secure a position in top 1k as I'm trying to scrounge up as many feathers as I can to make my AA starter team full of heavily merged armors with expensive skills

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't played these TT a lot, mostly because there was no seal to look foward to. I'm at 30k while I wait for the next banner reveal. I want to see if I'll use the orbs there or in the Micaiah banner that will come soon.

Yeah the lack of seals kinda has me playing slower too. Would have been nice if they had re-released duplicates of some old seals like they do with the one stat boosting seals and squad assault. I know I wouldn't say no to a Tempest Ace Chaos Named seal that did the same thing as Quickened Pulse. I think Quickened Pulse and Hardy Bearing are the only TT reward seals that have a skill that you can't get any other way. Yes? So those would be the obvious choice for a repeat.

Though speaking of Seals I still want a Renewal seal. Also the other HP/Stat skills would be nice.

1 hour ago, Usana said:

I think Quickened Pulse and Hardy Bearing are the only TT reward seals that have a skill that you can't get any other way. Yes?

They can be created via Sacred Seal Forge. 

1 hour ago, Usana said:

Though speaking of Seals I still want a Renewal seal.

Renewal would be nice, WoM would be my most wanted seal. 

Blowing up fools with Lilina is so much fun:
Screenshot_20180819-125913.png
I even upgraded the Brash seal for her. Almost anything ranged dies when she gets under 50%. Everything green dies always. She is a good girl. So happy for my first 5★ ever.

@mampfoid I meant that the only way you can get the QP or Hardy effect is through their seal. Which means at most one unit in the whole game at a time can have said skill so a usable duplicate would be nice. However, I had clearly forgotten about Phantom speed and the deflect X seals(most things that have similar effect aren't quite identical if memory serves) and the fact that the new dancers effectively have a hardy bearing effect on their weapons. At this point I figure I am probably forgetting some others too.

Yeah, Wings would be another nice one as would @Vaximillian's Guard suggestion.

@Usana Sorry, I overread that you meant skills. 

QP effect is in Leifs S-Drink and BH!Ike got deflect everything in Urvan. They are not inheritable though and I don't think Phantom SPD has got a counterpart (who would need Phantom SPD two times anyway?). 

@mampfoid I completely forgot S-Drink.

2 phantom speeds? Dancing Knight Xander could run wind or water sweep to try and avoid counter attacks! 17+10+10 would give him 37 for the effect. True we got folks that wouldn't work on, but that is still a decent chunk of people who would likely be surprised they couldn't bait and counter attack Dancing Xander to death. Or Windsweep Zephiel! And if phantom speed came in something other than A slot you could run double Phantom with flashing blade! The Dancing Knight and the Liberator could actually get extra special charges thanks to their speed stat! DOUBLE PHANTOM FLASHING BLADE! sounds like an anime special move, doesn't it?

@Usana Ok granted, Phantom SPD stacking like you are describing sounds fun. I meant a second seal (Squad Assault seal copy) to have a second unit with that seal in one team, which is still not the most desirable consolation in most cases. 

1 hour ago, mampfoid said:

@Usana Ok granted, Phantom SPD stacking like you are describing sounds fun. I meant a second seal (Squad Assault seal copy) to have a second unit with that seal in one team, which is still not the most desirable consolation in most cases. 

Yeah that was my original thread of thought, but your comment caused such silly stacking to pop into mind since we were also talking about weapons and such sharing seal effects such as Urvan and the deflects. Not that Urvan stacks with deflects. . . does it? *Googles*

Ok. . . Apparently it does. Why did I never realize this? Probably because he is better served with Close/Distant Defense than stacking the deflect. But still. . . I should have looked this up before now.

Currently at rank 6,174 with a score of 72k. I've changed my team composition a lot, but now my interest is dropping.

That could return with something above lunatic/7, also to regain a little advantage against auto-players and make ranking interesting again. 

Alfonse and Sharena really were fun here after investing into their skills. Other units to mention are L!Lucina, Summer Micaiah, Walhart and to some lesser degree Libra. 

Enjoyed also Cherche while grinding her support to show her off in the 5*+10 compendium. 

Tomorrow is BHB time, Tuesday New Heroes and Arena, then ... I don't know, Forging Bonds? *sigh*

5 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Currently at rank 6,174 with a score of 72k. I've changed my team composition a lot, but now my interest is dropping.

Yeah, my interest is waning as well. Probably because I've been pretty active this TT. Dropped about 200 ranks since yesterday but I'm currently at ~1700 for my rank with a score 105.5k. 

I've also changed my team around quite a lot to get the most HM out of my units. I really enjoyed my 3 horse unit core since they usually cleared each map within 3 turns or less. I swapped in Merric and Maria to run with Tobin and Clive but I have to get to the slightly slower pace. I can still get the max score on most runs but I think it's taking a toll on me. 

8 hours ago, mampfoid said:

@tobuShogi Nice pace, do you have a goal, like top 5k? 

I usually don't have a goal for TT; I'm just trying to get the most HM I can on my characters. But I won't complain if I am able to maintain top 5k rank.

8 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Would you appreciate infernal difficulty if it ever comes for TTs? 

I am going to say no. Lunatic 7 is my ideal difficulty. It's hard enough that I have to pay attention to which enemies are on each map but it's not that hard to the point that I'm feeling overwhelmed by really powerful units. Some units(Ishtar, Linde, Delthea, SF!Nino, Ares etc.) are already really strong as it is with TT stat boosts. For me, TT is a great way for me to use characters that I don't normally use but I feel like some characters like Merric need slightly more buffs than units that are released today. If they added Infernal, I can see myself needing more than one team to clear a run.

31 minutes ago, tobuShogi said:

I feel like some characters like Merric need slightly more buffs than units that are released today.

Actually, Merric is quite good with his refined tome:
Screenshot_20180820-214038.jpg

I used him extensively in the previous tempest (tempests?), and he’s quite a power when in range of a suitable ally which is isn’t difficult at all. Brazen fits his Desperation, too.

1 hour ago, tobuShogi said:

If they added Infernal, I can see myself needing more than one team to clear a run.

Nothing bad in that. In the first two or three TTs I could clear all seven maps only very seldom with one team, but when I did it felt like an accomplishment. 

1 hour ago, tobuShogi said:

For me, TT is a great way for me to use characters that I don't normally use but I feel like some characters like Merric need slightly more buffs than units that are released today.

Most if not all units can build to work very good at PvE content. I also try to vary my teams and pick units that still feel unused to some degree. 

Yet I feel that there is a lack of content I want to use my favorite and best units on. 

1 minute ago, mampfoid said:

Nothing bad in that. In the first two or three TTs I could clear all seven maps only very seldom with one team, but when I did it felt like an accomplishment. 

The first tempest was four months into the run of the game. The second, five months. The third, six months. By now, almost nineteen months have passed since the launch on the 2nd of February, 2017.

The mode hasn’t become easier, it’s your roster that’s become stronger.

13 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Incorrect.

Since the first Tempest, Dancers have been taken out of the unit rotation,  bonus units have been given stat boosts, been made easier to acquire and on top of that, your entire team is given bonus unit boosts for the first two runs of each Tempest day.

Everyone's roster has become stronger since the first Tempest yes, but the mode has also become easier. Much more so.

1 hour ago, Vaximillian said:

The first tempest was four months into the run of the game. The second, five months. The third, six months. By now, almost nineteen months have passed since the launch on the 2nd of February, 2017.

Like @Zeo wrote, since then this mode received a lot of changes and QoL treatment. I'm not saying those (or the lower difficulty levels) should be removed, but they certainly lowered the difficulty overall (considering also stronger units added to the pool of opponents). 

Even if it was only for my team that became stronger, what does it change? One of the main aspects of this game is collecting units and making them stronger. If my roster became stronger after this year and a half, why shouldn't TTs offer challenging content for players like us? After all it's still my favorite mode and I want to use my favorite as well. 

Another aspect that got lost is that there is almost no reward for playing economical regarding stamina potions. It would be nice if Infernal difficulty would motivate players to use auto-mode less. Getting all rewards using auto-mode until 50k should still be fine. 

Tobin capped his HM so I subbed in Arden for him. Arden worked out better than I though he would with Armor Boots. Clive is a close capping HM as well so I might either one of my blue mages fill in that role or another blue unit with Swordbreaker. 

Passed the 100k yesterday evening while giving Veronica and Celica some SP. Hovering always between ranks 6k-7k. 

Both are pretty strong, feeding them all kills is easy. Veronica helps Celica to keep double lion active (even if it's seldom needed) too. 

/edit: 111k are barely enough for top 7k currently. Seems people are trying to use the last day to give their brave units some action. 

Edited by mampfoid