Tempest Trials: Chaos Named!

Vaximillian

Capped HM on Clive and Oscar. Merric is 2 runs away from capping his HM. Decided to have Linde report in for blue duty. 

Currently at ~187.5k score and that currently nets ~1.3k for ranking. I don't I think I'll be trying for the top 1k for ranking given how slow ranking rises the higher up you go.

Welp, Merric capped his HM so I had BB!Marth fill in for the green slot. I finally gave Linde a set and she gained enough SP for her weapon refinement.

Edited by tobuShogi

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was undecided on whether to go for top 10k and have been taking it easy all event. However after doing my daily 3x runs, I noticed I was at around 12k so I decided to go for it. Been a bit of a slog, 5 stamina potions down and I'm still a few hundred ranks off, but I should make it. Sad that it takes my stash to under 500 pots though.

I think I’m going to be fine:
Screenshot_20180824-105827.png
Brave Celica gameplay is barely different from my regular Celica with Atk/Spd Push: if healed beforehand, she is a juggernaught. If not, she is still quite a powerhouse but not as deadly.
Elise capped her HM a while ago but I’m keeping her around because I’m already used to healers in the tempest. Healers are love, healers are life.

Whewie, made some HM gains from this TT:

Alfonse capped.
Sharena capped.
Joshua capped.
Nanna capped.
Clive hit 3K HM.
Tobin hit 2K HM.

Also am pretty secured with 247,912 pts.

EDIT: rank 339.

Edited by Roflolxp54

Rank 647. I'm happy I got my feathers. My armor team for AA needs a lot of them. Like 200k or something and that includes slills

Edited by silveraura25

Rank 9855. Let me just sliiiide in there.

I don't have many HM capped units but it's rotten luck that the units I do have include the askr trio and masked marth. Cutting down on bonus units to sub in. I also avoided black knight since I think he'll cap through more natural means. Tobin and Clive capped but they hit the cap back when it was 4000 so it wasn't much work. Joshua and Arden had not left the party.

Definitely cool for people to get their shot at these characters again. Makes me wonder how often we'll get these TT units re-ran. Probably not soon, and when they do it'll be the next half dozen down the list. It also brought Masked Marth up to an even potential merge level.

I liked this Tempest because it gave me an excuse to use Arden and Clive. The former has reached over 3000 HM while Clive passed 2500 by a comfortable margin.

That said, I do wish I was able to max out Arden's HM at least because I really hate using armors XD;

I ended the Tempest around the 27k mark in ranking. So it was just 4k feathers. When GHB and now RD farming is a thing and you have feathers coming from so many sources. Stuff like this is less important other than for bragging rights. I was happy just getting all the rewards and having a moderate ranking. It takes too much time, energy and stamina to get a high ranking. Even with all the stamina potions the game dumps on you.

@mcsilas @mampfoid @Sunwoo @Vaximillian @Rafiel's Aria @NegativeExponents- @SatsumaFSoysoy @eclipse @Humanoid @Glennstavos @SilvertheShadow @Hilda @Fei Mao @Johann @Alexmender @XRay @Ice Dragon @Johann @Hawk King @Astellius @Junkhead @silveraura25 @Poimagic @tobuShogi @Cute Chao @Usana @Alkaid @SoulWeaver @Quintessence @Infinite Dreams @LordFrigid @kirauza343 @Ginko @DefaultBeep @Rezzy (There will never again be a mass tag as big as this one.)

However, before the Tempest ended... I was able to do something I've wanted to do for a long time. A Tempest Trials Lunatic--7 solo with Matthew.

This was made possible by sacrificing my newest Chrom to him for Aether instead of merging to +5. That combined with the Flashing Blade 3 seal, something I never thought would actually make it into the game, at least not this soon. Combine a +9 merge with Summoner Support and Tempest bonuses and you have effectively a +24 Matthew in terms of stats. Is that enough however to take him through 7 stages of constantly inflated stat enemies with no backup or support? Let's see.

I actually goofed on this one. I wanted to take him even further by tossing my 2 L!Ikes and F!Grima onto the team to increase his stats to ridiculous proportions. It didn't work however, as I didn't realize the blessing boosts treat each stage individually and so after the first stage when they were sacrificed, his stats reverted to normal. I tried to do it again without them mucking up the first stage, but Matt was caught up in an unholy combination of SM!Eirika, Henry, Y!Tiki with Seal ATK and M!Grima in one of the later stages and he couldn't pull out the win. So that was a bummer. Still, solo'ing the Tempest with essentially a +24 Matthew is no joke, and after seeing someone's +10 Jeorge solo one of the past Tempests, it was something I had to do, and something you have to see to believe.

This is power you have to experience for yourself to understand. Micaiah be darned, the real final boss of this Tempest was on stage 5. You'll see what I mean. 

Don't ever let anyone tell you not to use your favorites. Anyone can be amazing as long as you put in the work. And things like this that make it all worth it.

Cheers~

@Zeo It is only impressive if you can do it on autobattle. 

Congrats on the achievement. I still remember when Nowi was a bonus unit for one of the TT. I would do Lunatic-7 on auto battle and almost every time Nowi was the only one standing when map 7 was cleared. Sadly, she capped HM very early on so I didn't get to use her a whole bunch.

Way to double tag Johann, lol.

This TT was weird. Despite everyone having all 8 of the bonus units, The score threshold for top 1000 was way lower they it has been in the past. Although I did miss out on top 100 for the previous TT because I was out of town after day 3.

@Zeo Wow, new level of coolness! 

I had the feeling you would pull this off one day, I remember that inspiring Jeorge. Many maps seemed surprisingly smooth, Matthew doubled so many units. Obviously SPD is also a defensive stat.

Only Karla proved to be a serious obstacle, Matthew checked even Ishtar and other mages (0 damage Merric ...) on his way. 

I remember when I tried some speed runs with my main team, lunatic/7 in ~10 turns. Wasn't sure if it was worth to record then, perhaps next time. 

On 8/26/2018 at 12:23 AM, Zeo said:

Don't ever let anyone tell you not to use your favorites. Anyone can be amazing as long as you put in the work. And things like this that make it all worth it.

...And now I have seen infinity. My thanks, good sir, for you have given me new hope for my own journey:

Spoiler

5b84c5ebc96d8_EpicRoy.thumb.jpg.9636b30d3ab54de6be4b1de6821f6f39.jpg

Though the road be long and arduous yet, still I will not falter. One day...

...They will know Our Boi's name.

@SoulWeaver I'm surprised you needed convincing there. Roy is a pretty fantastic enemy phase unit. Quick Riposte 5 on his weapon and +4 to his bulk from everything on EP? Not only can he run Vantage or Swordbreaker but he also has access to scary stuff like Wrath. Steady Breath is a fantastic A skill, but Roy is also probably one of your best choices for Distant Counter as well. He's no underdog, if you were on the fence, off you go.

Also killing dragons is always nice!

@mampfoid Yeah, I consider Karla to be the true boss of that run. Every other battle was pretty easy but she made him sweat a bit.

11 hours ago, Zeo said:

@SoulWeaver I'm surprised you needed convincing there. Roy is a pretty fantastic enemy phase unit. Quick Riposte 5 on his weapon and +4 to his bulk from everything on EP? Not only can he run Vantage or Swordbreaker but he also has access to scary stuff like Wrath. Steady Breath is a fantastic A skill, but Roy is also probably one of your best choices for Distant Counter as well. He's no underdog, if you were on the fence, off you go.

Also killing dragons is always nice!

The problem's been Merges as I'm having difficulty pulling more Roy to use for Merging. I'm also trying to get as many 5S Lv40 Conversations as I can, and want to start Merging for Palla and Razzle Dazzle Close Counter Sakura too, so sometimes I feel a touch conflicted by only being able to focus on one of those things at a time and get caught in indecision. For now, though, I'm going to focus on upgrading the rest of my Merge reserves and using them to get to...I think +7. After that, I can try to work on other tasks until I get more Roy.

Also I forgot I was going to mention that Map 5. I saw you hesitate to go for Lilina and I got worried for the whole map even though I already knew how it would end.

On 26/8/2018 at 3:23 AM, Zeo said:

Cheers~

I have multiple things to say:

- As I usually tend to say, the debuff meta really has something to offer beyond Arena. People get so caught up with maximising damage output for one encounter that they end up overlooking the awesome things you can do through smart debuff play, potentially taking on a whole team at once (something I learned through my own experience, too).

matthew.png

A basic example of what I mean. For a moment there, I thought targeting Ishtar first (from the tile to Matthew's left) was the smart option as to not take her on with Linda.

- Do you think he can pull it off with his "real" stats? He was hardly in any danger through most of it. I knew you were going to run into trouble in that last stage, and it's pretty silly everytime Aether procs and the opponent has like 5 HP. Didn't think Micaiah would only be doing 20ish Dmg.

- Why are your videos unlisted? :awesome: I tried looking your channel up, once. Couldn't find your FEH videos.

- O'Beast.

@Junkhead I doubt he could beat the Tempest alone with his real stats, but it doesn't matter since the enemies are inflated as well so it balances out. Debuff strats are fantastic for PvE content. The problem is that in Arena everyone has Distant Counter, Matt can't debuff safely once you get high up enough in arena score and once he's debuffed the enemy his health is likely so low that he'll die on the following EP even with the buffs/debuffs. Then he's regulated to a Wind/Watersweep buffer and chipper which takes his personal performance down, though he's quite valuable in this new arena where you have to feed kills to your bonus unit.

I'm going to make a playlist. My YT channel isn't really active anymore so I didn't want to flood it with FE videos. Eventually it'll sit in my sig here, rest assured.

5 hours ago, Zeo said:

@Junkhead I doubt he could beat the Tempest alone with his real stats, but it doesn't matter since the enemies are inflated as well so it balances out.

You sure? He's fast enough to double consistently, and he should be durable enough between Rogue Dagger, debbufs and Aether procs.

I might also ask you about some of those songs you used. lol That funny thing you do about changing them each stage.

Edited by Junkhead

5 hours ago, Junkhead said:

You sure? He's fast enough to double consistently, and he should be durable enough between Rogue Dagger, debbufs and Aether procs.

I might also ask you about some of those songs you used. lol That funny thing you do about changing them each stage.

It's like a video game when you do that, haha. I like having music that fits the stage or atmosphere, rather than slapping one or two tracks over the whole thing. I've made Matthew a beast, but he lacks ATK power and without that or boosted stats, he's not recovering enough HP with Aether to stay alive through hordes of teams like this by himself. Especially when you have hard counters to him like Nowi, Grima and Raven tomes. Not to mention if any of those ravens just so happen to have TA and he doesn't have support the clear may as well be over.