New Heroes (Ylissean Travelers)

Ghostface233

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm glad see Maribelle is finally joining us (and bringing dazzling staff to the general pool!) but I hate that she's almost guaranteed to not be promoted (dazzling staff plus a valor skill? Not a chance). If Camilla ever comes home I'll try to pull for her.

Libra seems like the obvious drop but I don't think any of us will complain about finally getting to Wo Dao axe.

Lance users now have two possible enemy-phase Lances, while Sumia is really pushing being a strong and defensive unit. Meanwhile, Awakening Sumia can barely get her Attack and defense to be respectable.

Libra is just as bland as he was in Awakening, albeit not with a Slaying Axe. On one hand, that's good, that means the Giant Spoon is not necessary to have for axe users. On the other, Libra remains bland.

And then Maribelle. She has gone full ham on the summoning pool. Dazzling Staff AND Staff Valor. I don't really know if I wanna let her keep Trilemma, since it can give the enemy a positive effect and make even the sturdiest of walls unable to wall their triangle diadvantage, but it's still interesting nonetheless.

Olivia is another flying dancer, so I guess that's the standard now...? Also shit, the coming maps are gonna have a fucking flying dancer with an Urðr buffing dance AND Guidance.

DAZZLING STAFF IS NOW IN THE REGULAR SUMMONING POOL

THANK YOU MARIBELLE

Also, Libra looks kinda meh skills-wise (though Wo Gun probably has some units that want it... I'm thinking Anna might like one) and I'm guessing he'll drop, Sumia interests me, and Olivia... She looks quite nice. Chill SPD & Guidance alone make me like her, and Skuld is pretty neat as well. Not sure how useful Bracing Stance will be on her, but eh.

I'm gonna have to try Red/Colorless > Blue > Green. I know in my heart that this banner is bait, but I don't care. I want.

Also, for the story chapter, we got our first look at Hrid... Doesn't look like he's doing too well. If he's the next legendary hero, he may be joining Gunnthra soon in two ways. BY WHICH I MEAN HE'S GONNA DIE

One final thing: How does Olivia dance on a pegasus? Seriously, how does that work?

Sumia will be tanky. That feels odd but that ensures she won't compete with Cordelia so that's fine by me. 

Maribelle is permanent Dazzling Staff and finally Staff Valor. Her weapon looks too gimmicky for my tastes, though. 

Libra will be demoted so no need to bother trying to pull him unless he's a favorite. 

Olivia looks wonderful though, Bracing Stance is the only questionable thing she has but that's easy to change. The best unit in the banner, easily. 

I'll go: Red>Blue. Colorless if there's no other choice and never Green, that's a waste of orbs.

That we're getting 3 new inheritable weapons is by itself pretty awesome. Art looks good, they got all the voice actors back, no complaints here. I'd prefer if Sumia was demoted even though I know it'll be Libra.

Would love the 3 ladies on the banner. Shame that they’re all going to be 5*-exclusive after the banner ends so that downs my hype for that banner. Gotta save for the July LH banner, especially since I already have over 7 dancers (missing Lene and Skylivia), most staff users in the game (missing Nanna and Maribelle), and Sumia isn’t going to match her BFF in availability. Despite its flaws, I love Awakening but July LH banner is my main priority especially with how disastrous the Summer’s Arrival banner has been to me.

Edited by Roflolxp54

3 minutes ago, ILikeKirbys said:

One final thing: How does Olivia dance on a pegasus? Seriously, how does that work?

You stand up on top it really still and balanced, it requires the greatest poise in the world. For the dance moves, a backflip is daring but good, a staple of the routine besides graceful footwork. If you want to really kick things up, you do a backflip that propels yourself several times your height into the air and the mount your were just on then does a loop-de-loop before it comes back under you and you land on it toes first no wobbling.

8 minutes ago, ILikeKirbys said:

The same way Ninian dances on a pegasus.

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

You stand up on top it really still and balanced, it requires the greatest poise in the world. For the dance moves, a backflip is daring but good, a staple of the routine besides graceful footwork. If you want to really kick things up, you do a backflip that propels yourself several times your height into the air and the mount your were just on then does a loop-de-loop before it comes back under you and you land on it toes first no wobbling.

Oh, I see. That makes sense.

Wouldn't that hurt the pegasus though?

@Sunwoo I completely forgot about Bridal Ninian. I suppose that makes about as much sense as this...

Edited by ILikeKirbys

Funny thing is that harmonic lance is Wo Mao in the Japanese version.

But Wo Gun on the obvious demote is a pretty good deal. First green demote in forever  (since Boey) as well.

Flying Dancer in the normal pool is great too but there's nothing I need here, no interesting skills or closet faves so skip for me. 

Edited by Korath88

Yeah, I think I'll just do the free round on this once the summer banners expire. Maribelle would be nice but I can wait for a reappearance, shouldn't take long given how shallow the desirable grey unit pool is. Olivia is technically a new niche, but without Hone Fliers (or easy inheritance of Hone Fliers), there's zero chance of her displacing Airzura in my main flier team. Libra and Sumia I have no reason to go for at all.

Ahahah, I find it quit amusing to see such an obvious rarity drop in Libra. Keeping him in the 5* pool will be quite an atrocious pitybreaking unit (I'm assuming he'll become 4-5* even though that kit is reeeeeeally underwhelming for staying up there).

Well, I'll summon for Olivia on the first circle, of course, but will have to wait for another time to get her after that. I can't be spending too much now, too many skills I need from other banners.

Neat additions, but nothing I'm feeling a need to pull for.

I do like that we're continuing to get occasional 4-character New Heroes banners.

I want Maribelle to be the demote, and just have Dazzling Staff 3 as her 5-Star skill. I know it's probably gonna be Libra, and I don't really mind that since at least he has a weapon that I want to give Anna, but still. Still waiting to pull 4-Star Sothe and Legault...

So, definitely gonna try for Maribelle, if only because she'll be less likely to show up after this banner.

4 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

Maribelle is unreal. Can't wait to have a shot at her on every other Legendary Banner.

Well, she'll be in the general pool, so you'll have a shot at her on every banner. She'll just be a pitybreaker most of the time, is all. Like Genny, but on a horse, and not as cute.

I was kind of afraid of it being another Awakening banner. Good thing I didn't spend any orbs on the summer banners as I definitely want to get Olivia's new alt, Sumia and maybe even Maribelle if I have orbs left because I still need to get M!Grima in August. But dang, Olivia new alt means the next Chain Challenge is going to be a pain huh? Hopefully that is not going to be a new trend to have every new banner with dancer units on them.

Three non-alt units on a New Heroes Banner. And none of the three with a personal weapon. Watch them really party like it's 2017 by having two demotes

Hey IS? This is your best opportunity to slip Kellam into the 3-4 star pool.