New Heroes (Ylissean Travelers)

Ghostface233

I really don't get all the criticism for Maribelle's art. She is really pretty and none of the proportions seem off to me. It really makes her look elegant too. The only minor criticism I have is that she looks a bit younger than in her kozaki art.

I actually have more of a problem with Sumia's art. It looks really stiff and lifeless to me. There's just no actual expression in there. And before anyone says I am just a Pikomaro hater, I actually do like his Bridal!Charlotte art. That one had energy and dynamic to it, and fit the character really well. Sumia looks like still life.

Edited by Nanima

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm glad Maribelle is finally in, but I wish they would have chosen another artist for her - her art looks so moe, and of course no pants. u.u I'm just going to pretend it's her regular two toned pants if I get her.

(And of course they use her as the example for the friendship feature, even though it's very much out of character for her (and Sumia was right there), like that artstyle didn't already scream "look! a waifu!!!". I like her because she can be haughty and prickly, IS, don't you dare make her into some moe tsun-ish archetype just because we can't have the female characters dislike the player.)

3 hours ago, Raven said:

It definitely seems like Libra will be the one to drop to the 4* pool, potentially with his dual spur skill being available at 4*.

At least he will be a good 4* unit. His stats are pretty good. But I never thought Ares would be the demoted unit from his banner, so... I don't know yet.

I'm certain that Libra will drop because nothing about his kit justifies him being 5 star. That works for me, because I like Libra.

Maribelle will be 5 star. No way that they would make dazzling staff easily available.

Olivia will be 5 star, simply because of her being a flying dancer.

Sumia I could see going either way. Her kit isn't spectacular, but her popularity and C skill will probably place her in 5 star.

15 minutes ago, Etheus said:

Sumia I could see going either way. Her kit isn't spectacular, but her popularity and C skill will probably place her in 5 star.

I think you meant her C skill

Anyways, sorry for downplaying your Seliph refine idea with brazen atk/def. After running the numbers for Alfonse, it's a really great refine. Might be a bit hard to get it to proc, but once you hit double brazen the weapon triangle breaks for melee units going against it

4 hours ago, silveraura25 said:

Inconsistency for the wo daos really is mind boggling for me. I do wonder if they don't have any full-time translators and are just relying on freelance translators who happen to be available

Not going to deny that this game has had a rough localisation. Though if they were to change names purely for the sake for being correct, it would cause confusion for players who are already use to the older names. Then again, they did something similar with ally menu

Why do they need freelance translators? Show me dah powah of da ma-chine!

35 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

At least he will be a good 4* unit. His stats are pretty good. But I never thought Ares would be the demoted unit from his banner, so... I don't know yet.

Ares dropping was a lot less strange than people think. His weapon is great, but we'd already gotten both Brazen skills and dual Seal skills at 4*, so neither of his passives were an issue. On the other hand, both Dance-enhancing skills and Valor skills have been 5* exclusive so far. On top of that, all dancers other than original Olivia have been 5*, Lene has a weapon potentially significant for inheritance, and then there's the matter of her art. Personally, I'd started out expecting Lene to be the drop, but by the end of the banner, I'd concluded that Ares was at least as likely, probably more.

On this banner, though, it's 100% clear-cut. Libra will drop, the other three will stay 5*.

3 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

These heretics de-pantsed Maribelle.

THEY. DE-PANTSED. MARIBELLE.

Really. How the fuck do you fuck this up.

I'm not sure if I should called it "de-pantsed"; but well; you're right about the outfit being different... the pants are less loose, making them look more similar to leggins; in contrast, the armor around the pants is bigger.

That was an interesting decision to say the least; I'm still not sure why it happened xDU.

1 minute ago, Troykv said:

I'm not sure if I should called it "de-pantsed";

Look at her inner thighs. They are bare. It is not tight bicoloured trousers/pants/leggings/whatever. It’s half-stockings.

5 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Look at her inner thighs. They are bare. It is not tight bicoloured trousers/pants/leggings/whatever. It’s half-stockings.

I'm still non completely sure (because Maribelle's whatevers have very weird color selection for a white-ish person like her); but I get what you're talking about... it indeed looks like her skin.

44 minutes ago, Troykv said:

I'm still non completely sure (because Maribelle's whatevers have very weird color selection for a white-ish person like her); but I get what you're talking about... it indeed looks like her skin.

Look at her damaged art and tell me you still have doubts whether her inner thighs are bare or just skin-colored parts of her weird pants. Personally, I have no freaking idea why she got the F!Corrin treatment, but I guess someone wanted to subtly see more of her legs.

I'm surprised people aren't liking Maribelle's art, I thought she looked nice. Sumia's the only one here I'm not liking. her face seems off to me. Charlotte remains the only Pikomaro art I've liked.

6 hours ago, Nanima said:

I really don't get all the criticism for Maribelle's art. She is really pretty and none of the proportions seem off to me. It really makes her look elegant too. The only minor criticism I have is that she looks a bit younger than in her kozaki art.

Her face is wide like normal Xander's, though her issue isn't so much that her face itself is wide, but that her eyes extend off the side of her face. I consider the eyes to be the most important part of art of people, so it bothers me a bit. (When I draw, I always draw the eyes first so that I can draw the rest of the face around the eyes to have their position be perfect.)

22 minutes ago, Etheus said:

Sure, Commander Shep- ... I mean Robin can do it and no one bats an eye, but now it's a fuck up.

Five out of six Robins wear their iconic pants, and the sixth is in a swimsuit.

Edited by Vaximillian

Well looks like my orbs will be going towards Olivia because I Need a flying dancer since I have none.  Thank goodness this banner is running for a good while because I have had no luck so far.  I wanted to pull for Leo and I will a little, but flying dancer has the highest rank on my pull list right now.  The nice thing is I will be pulling red an hopefully get some fury fodder along with the units I want.  

7 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Five out of six Robins wear their iconic pants, and the sixth is in a swimsuit.

BTW Vaximillian; are you already sending feedback about Maribelle? 

5 minutes ago, Troykv said:

BTW Vaximillian; are you already sending feedback about Maribelle? 

How would it help? Or, better yet, would it even help?

4 minutes ago, Etheus said:

I was making a joke at the expense of the game's dating sim mechanics, not Robin's artwork.

Condescendingly calling these mechanics dating sim hasn’t been even remotely witty back in 2012. Also, it’s not our business what adult people do in their bedroom.

3 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

How would it help? Or, better yet, would it even help?

Condescendingly calling these mechanics dating sim hasn’t been even remotely witty back in 2012. Also, it’s not our business what adult people do in their bedroom.

I don't know how would help... But I guess you would ask that units should be closer to their original designs and don't take too risky creative liberties (specially if random artist/Kusakihara ended up making a design more revealing it suppose to be).

I don't have idea who is Heroes' Art Director; I just blame everything dumb Art Related to Kusakihara and his fetishes.

Edited by Troykv