Ghostface233

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

These heretics de-pantsed Maribelle.

THEY. DE-PANTSED. MARIBELLE.

Really. How the fuck do you fuck this up.

You say that like its a bad thing. Good riddance honestly. I bet they were rightfully returned to those circus clowns.

1 hour ago, SilvertheShadow said:

You say that like its a bad thing. Good riddance honestly. I bet they were rightfully returned to those circus clowns.

I'll still see the current Maribelle as she is using leggins not matter what is the actual reality.

I like it more in that way; I have the best of both worlds.

Some of Olivia's special activation quotes remind me of Chrom's "I CAN'T STOP THIS THING"

After all, neither of them actually ride a mount in their "canon" classes.

3 hours ago, SilvertheShadow said:

I bet they were rightfully returned to those circus clowns.

Nope, they're being used for the upcoming Seasonal: Turnabout Big Top Brawl. Say hello Owowzer the Astounder armed with the fun Balloon Dog Axe (made with latex for extra deadliness).

My, this banner is right down my lane. One of my biggest favourites finally joins FEH (I thought I'd wait longer than this to see him), accompanied by characters that I like, one of which is a flying dancer to boot. All in all, I'm a very happy camper on this banner and will try and get all of them.

Fare thee well orb stash, it was nice knowing you. And here I though I'd end up throwing said stash of orbs to get another Summer!Xander if this banner wasn't too interesting.

Also...Soeda Ippei Walhart as the banner's accompanying GHB...? Yes. Very much yes.

Now I only need Miriel, Gregor, and Laurent, and my Awakening unit wishlist will be all checked out.

Thoughts on the units:

Libra

Finally. He's here and...he's an axe unit. Hence, I no longer need to hoard Staff units anymore just in case he would've ended up being a staff unit.
(Among those hoarded were a Genny and a Bridal!Lyn. Guess I'll have to figure out something else for those two now.)

I can also finally let F!Robin get her long-awaited ally support. That empty space on her Character Screen where the Ally Support Shield is supposed to go has haunted me long enough.

Unit viability be damned, I'll give them both as much SI I need to make it work. As far as I'm concerned, making it work is just another "Challenge Accepted"-  a challenge I'll have a great deal of fun figuring out. Pet Project in other words.

As to wether he'll be 4-5* demoted once the banner ends...well, if he is,  then that just means eventually +10 him will be easier. I currently don't have many +10 promotion plans anyway so there's plenty of feathers for any future 4* copies of him.

Only thing missing from Libra is his classical "I'm your Omega!" crit line. Alas, it joins Frederick's "Pick a God and Pray!" as "Shamefully Omitted Crit Lines" Club. :(

YT!Olivia

Another inexperienced rider joins the fray of FEH. But I'm down with a Sword Flier and I like Olivia loads, so she easily ends up being my second most wanted unit on this banner. Now to figure out a Flier Emblem team for her to join. Hm.

Maribelle

Number three in this quartet for me - she looks like she'll be real fun to use in a Horse Emblem Team to me. Trilemma'ing opponents and then siccing a bladetome mage afterwards? Sounds like plenty of fun.

Sumia

I'm hoping to get her mostly because of unit bias (since I have a large collection of Blue Fliers already) but she's a bit lower priority than the other three.

All in all, I'll be pulling all colours on this one until I (hopefully) get one of that colour. Greens will be opened first naturally - the sooner that War Monk comes home the better.
Wish me luck.

34 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

i know her Heroes self is based on the Valkyrie version of her but is this normal for the Valkyrie costume?

Bare inner thighs aren’t normal for the valkyrie costume, Maribelle-specific or generic.

I really like all the choices in this banner. Actually picked up Sumia in my first round of summoning but maybe I'll try again for Maribelle.

Spoiler

Also what's this I hear about Walhart?

I have no idea what to do with Sumia. She's one of the strangest units in Heroes so far. Her statspread doesn't match with her weapon and skills at all.

In FE13 she was basically Caeda with very high speed, decent skill and res and terrible defense.

Heroes made her become a semi-Subaki with high defense (higher than res!!!), absurdly high speed, poor res and terrible strength. Her weapon and A skill work well in enemy phase. If mine was +def (unfortunately the exact opposite is the case for me), I could make her a decent tank and give bonfire to her.

Now I have literally no idea what to do with her. Mine has attack as boon, but with her low attack I can't really benefit from it. Seriously even the exact opposite natures would work better for her. Also the lacking of C and special skill hurt. One of the most disappointing 5* units lately.

And I have to admit I don't even like her art. It looks somewhat lifeless to me. 

28 minutes ago, Hecatia Lapislazuli said:

I have no idea what to do with Sumia. She's one of the strangest units in Heroes so far. Her statspread doesn't match with her weapon and skills at all.

In FE13 she was basically Caeda with very high speed, decent skill and res and terrible defense.

Heroes made her become a semi-Subaki with high defense (higher than res!!!), absurdly high speed, poor res and terrible strength. Her weapon and A skill work well in enemy phase. If mine was +def (unfortunately the exact opposite is the case for me), I could make her a decent tank and give bonfire to her.

Now I have literally no idea what to do with her. Mine has attack as boon, but with her low attack I can't really benefit from it. Seriously even the exact opposite natures would work better for her. Also the lacking of C and special skill hurt. One of the most disappointing 5* units lately.

And I have to admit I don't even like her art. It looks somewhat lifeless to me. 

Honestly 30 Attack, while average at best (anything under 30 I consider poor to abysmal),  is nothing to sneeze at, and with an attack boon she’s effectively better than Shigure. Don’t sleep on her!

24 minutes ago, Hecatia Lapislazuli said:

You could go Firesweep with Sumia. If she is indeed +Atk/-Def, she gets 33/39 offenses, which is well suited for that weapon. Lack of C and special skills aren't really detractors for her at all unless you're one of those players who, for some reason, doesn't use skill inheritance at all. She can easily run a flier buff like Goad Fliers for her C-slot and she can run Luna or Galeforce in her special slot.

Sumia's competitors' neutral offenses (Atk/Spd):
Cordelia: 35/35 (best availability)
Tana: 34/36 (fellow 5*-locked unit; lower BST compared to Sumia)
Shigure: 33/37 (same BST bin as Sumia but has better availability)

As for her artwork, she shares artists with Bride Charlotte's and Druglord Lloyd's.

3 hours ago, mcsilas said:

oh well at least she becomes the best staff healer now, so justice was done in terms of gameplay

The best healer is now a literal who. Well, at least she has more fans than Karla...

45 minutes ago, SilvertheShadow said:

Honestly 30 Attack, while average at best (anything under 30 I consider poor to abysmal),  is nothing to sneeze at, and with an attack boon she’s effectively better than Shigure. Don’t sleep on her!

43 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

You could go Firesweep with Sumia. If she is indeed +Atk/-Def, she gets 33/39 offenses, which is well suited for that weapon. Lack of C and special skills aren't really detractors for her at all unless you're one of those players who, for some reason, doesn't use skill inheritance at all. She can easily run a flier buff like Goad Fliers for her C-slot and she can run Luna or Galeforce in her special slot.

Sumia's competitors' neutral offenses (Atk/Spd):
Cordelia: 35/35 (best availability)
Tana: 34/36 (fellow 5*-locked unit; lower BST compared to Sumia)
Shigure: 33/37 (same BST bin as Sumia but has better availability)

As for her artwork, she shares artists with Bride Charlotte's and Druglord Lloyd's.

Giving her a firesweep set means a complete new build and lots of investment (requires Rody already). I'm not done with the banner yet. Will return once next Legendary Banner is over. It'd be cool to pull a +spd, def or res version which doesn't affect either attack strength or speed. If she's +res, I could give Berkut's Lance to her to make her become a semi dragontank. If she's +def, I could make her a become a female Subaki with double close defense, QR and bonfire.

For now I'll defenitely give glimmer to her, and firesweep once I pulled a Rody again.

Also I'm not wondering that she shares Lloyd's artist. Ouch...

16 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

If you're looking for a literal who of a healer, that would be Jeanne.

That's Nanna's substitute, right?

7 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

That's Nanna's substitute, right?

Yeah. Though if pulling from those is considered cheating, then I think Coirpre is unpopular and forgotten enough to qualify instead.

21 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Maribelle a literal who? Please.

Random and uninspired healer with reused character traits from pre-existing healers. Yes, she's pretty unremarkable. 

24 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

If you're looking for a literal who of a healer, that would be Jeanne.

Well... you're not wrong. Should've just went with generic-redux healer with little personality like Lana, Safy or Ellen or the generic-haughty healer, with noble lineage in Clarine or Serra (or Maribelle). At least they have original conversations tied to them (unlike a majority of the substitute characters).

8 minutes ago, SlipperySlippy said:

Random and uninspired healer with reused character traits from pre-existing healers. Yes, she's pretty unremarkable.

If reused character traits are enough to qualify, 80% of Fire Emblem characters are literal whos. Maribelle has her own personality besides being a haughty healer (which isn't exactly the most used archetype anyway, it's just Clarine and Serra). She also gets to be plot-relevant in an early chapter.

Just now, Kori said:

If reused character traits are enough to qualify, 80% of Fire Emblem characters are literal whos. 

Is this not the case? Most of Fire Emblem characters are relatively (if not, completely) unremarkable. 

There's a reason Nephenee is one of the Tellius fan favourites and it's definitely not for being an interesting or complex character.