Wario ware gold adds fire emblem awakening microgame!

Harvey

I personally think that Awakening was a bad choice for that, I mean they had one from the virtual boy so a game doesn't have to be beloved, it shows a clear bias toward one game, and before you say anything about my biases, it also broke the aesthetic, awakening was just jarring when next to virtual boy, game and watch, and nes games, I would have recommended shadow dragon and the blade of light or mystery of the emblem personally.

1 hour ago, Hecatia Lapislazuli said:

I don't know what kind of game that is (seeing collection of various Nintendo series), but it was funny to see FE.

Warioware is basically a party game with a collection of microgames that each last usually no more than ten seconds.  Sort of like Mario Party, but with the board game being replaced by several other types of party games (typically revolving around the idea of going as long as you can without losing) instead... and also even more wacky.

Its microgames include Nintendo games, but that's only about maybe a tenth of the microgame collection.  Each entry in the Warioware series usually contains hundreds of original microgames as well, all covering a variety of genres.  It's actually pretty fun and can get intense with more difficult microgames (that can also get faster), especially if you play it with friends.

5 hours ago, Harvey said:

Wonder how they can do harder modes of this.

Probably make it sort of a puzzle game.  For example, you have to kill multiple enemies in a certain order or else Chrom will die, or using a variety of units/the weapon triangle and figuring out which units ORKO which enemies.

4 hours ago, Ertrick36 said:

Warioware is basically a party game with a collection of microgames that each last usually no more than ten seconds.  Sort of like Mario Party, but with the board game being replaced by several other types of party games (typically revolving around the idea of going as long as you can without losing) instead... and also even more wacky.

Its microgames include Nintendo games, but that's only about maybe a tenth of the microgame collection.  Each entry in the Warioware series usually contains hundreds of original microgames as well, all covering a variety of genres.  It's actually pretty fun and can get intense with more difficult microgames (that can also get faster), especially if you play it with friends.

Probably make it sort of a puzzle game.  For example, you have to kill multiple enemies in a certain order or else Chrom will die, or using a variety of units/the weapon triangle and figuring out which units ORKO which enemies.

so just like the heroes tactics maps then

It's the bias of IntSys with Awakening and Fates, but I'm glad FE finally appeared on WarioWare :3c

I always enjoy 9-Volt's part of the WarioWare games but now is her mom doing the games? :o

5 hours ago, 1% Critical Hit said:

I always enjoy 9-Volt's part of the WarioWare games but now is her mom doing the games? :o

Yeah, the fact that her mom's getting in on the action is rather endearing to me.

16 hours ago, Ertrick36 said:

Thanks for the detailed explanation!

I know that WarioWare is a partygame, but don't know that several Nintendo series are "recycled" there.

As for the FE part I just saw that an axefighter was killed. I mean it's just clicking. Is it all? I mean you can't lose in that "Fire Emblem game" then.

2 hours ago, Hecatia Lapislazuli said:

As for the FE part I just saw that an axefighter was killed. I mean it's just clicking. Is it all? I mean you can't lose in that "Fire Emblem game" then.

Well, most of the time each microgame has three levels of difficulty; the stupidly easy difficulty that even a toddler could beat, the moderate difficulty that requires a little thought, and the high difficulty which is almost complete bull in how hard it is.  Also, many of the game modes will typically increase the speed of the microgames gradually, requiring you to have faster reflexes, so that may also factor into the difficulty.

I'm thinking all those microgames were played on the easiest difficulty at the lowest speeds.  I think that the higher difficulty versions of that FE microgame will introduce more elements to make it more of a puzzle, such as multiple enemies/allies, and maybe even enemy-phase combat.  Or maybe it'll tell you to defeat a certain enemy instead.

I noticed the boss that Chrom fought in the Microgame on that IGN footage was Victor, one of the Bandit Twin Boss. I'm kinda surprised that Intelligent System used that The Northroad map in WarioWare Gold. (I know Victor was never fought in that map in Awakening.) It's nice to see we finally gotten an official Fire Emblem themed Microgame in the WarioWare franchise.

On July 20, 2018 at 5:44 AM, Ertrick36 said:

I'm pretty sure the developers who worked on that Microgame probably use two enemies to raise the difficulty (like hurry to beat the first one and have the second unit close to Chrom) or they could randomly place Victor or an another Boss (like Vincent) from Awakening in a different tile since it used the Fast Timer in that Microgame in the footage.

Edited by King Marth 64