Most useless unit in Fire Emblem?

FE4 - Arden: You literally use him to guard the first castle of each chapter, literally the game kinda hints that this is really the only reason why Arden was even in the game, he's just a bodyguard. Also he's slow af (speed and movement wise) so, he's pretty much never gonna be useful. I don't even think there are really any kids/pairings that synergize with well tbh.

FE6 - Wendy: Yeah she joins with low bases and it'll be quite difficult to train her unless you give her all the exp in her join chapter (aka chapter 8), considering the Shadow Isles chapters are mostly filled with brigands and pirates which dick her with axes. Not really any reason to use her considering Barth/Bors are better overall, and access to triangle attack doesn't make things better considering all 3 of the armor knights are kinda bottom of the barrel picks, moreso Wendy.

FE7 - Rebecca: Good availability but, bad bases means that you'll be babying her for a while before she starts to pull her weight. Archers aren't even that good in FE7 in all honesty due to lack of chokepoints and generally open maps (except Rath and maybe Louise just cuz of her support).

FE8 - Marisa: Really no reason to use her honestly, considering Joshua is such a superior pick that comes way earlier. Amelia still has some uses just because an extra Paladin is always nice, Ewan can be a Summoner which is ok-ish (not really), so Marisa's niche is kinda there and not really useful considering a higher SpD growth than Joshua doesn't really matter considering his speed growth is already solid. I guess she could make an ok Assassin dodge-tank thing? idk...

FE9 - Mia: Sword-locked unit into a game where the bulk of the enemies are bulky (Cavs and Knights) and wield lances which is not good for her. Hard to train just because she needs babying for the long run, even then there are better options in Stefan and Zihark available later on. She's also an infantry unit which isn't that desirable in FE9 considering mobility trumps everything.

FE10 - Lyre: Lethe is better (I said better not great) considering they join at the same time. Really bad stats for a laguz unit and her growths don't really matter considering laguz units take a long time to level up. Not worth, considering there's better options for non-royal laguz units out there.

FE11 - Vyland: Bad unit, bad bases, bad growths, bad weapon ranks (though doesn't really matter considering it's still early game). Also the fact that you can get 2 great cavs (Cain/Abel) and a kinda below average one (Matthis), he'll probably be fodder if you want to access the gaiden chapters anyways. Overall not worth, also added that Hardin joins in that chapter as a far more superior choice than Vyland.

FE12 - Bantu: Wow what a bad unit lol, unlike in FE11 where he has a use (recruiting Tiki) he does not in FE12, therefore he is kinda a terrible, bottom-of-the-barrel unit. Join time is ok, but those bases are terrible and the firestone also depletes rather quickly so, you might as well save them for Tiki/Nagi.

FE13 - Ricken: Not really a bad unit imo, it's just the amount of investment he needs is kinda makes him not worth using tbh. Virion edges out because of his character/personality.

FE14 Birthright - Hinata: Really weird growths (emphasis on HP/Luck of all stats) for a myrmidon so that's already pretty bad. Join time isn't a problem, it's just Hana joins earlier and is a lot better due to better offensive growths, and also Ryoma exists in the game so, there isn't much of a reason to use him. Also his child sucks soooooo... there's that

FE14 Conquest - Felicia/Jakob (Chapter 15 one): Just really bad base stats for a prepromote at that point in the game, you should already have a good maid/butler (or Great Knight Jakob) considering one joins early so, it's kinda redundant to get a 2nd one.

FE14 Revelations - Peri: Like is there a reason to use her? At least the other 3 retainers have use through pretty solid children, whereas you don't really need Peri at that point. 

FE15 - Forsyth: No reason to use him honestly, Knights in general are pretty bad in echoes unless you have Warp (even then you might as well Warp a more mobile unit anyways), but Lukas at least joins early enough to be useful and Valbar can be used to hold off chokepoints in boat maps.

Edited by Lunarly

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

FE7: Wallace - He wastes a Knight's Crest on Normal, is potentially skippable for a much better unit, and lacks options if unpromoted in his rerecruitment chapter.

FE8: Ewan - literally any other magic user is more useful, even L'arachel.

FE11: Better question is, who are the most useful units? Because not a lot of units after Chapter 4, besides Wendell, Hardin, and the Whitewings, are really going to be doing anything for you.

FE12: Similar problem to FE11 except exacerbated by the absurd number of units you get.

FE13: Donnel - requires a level to even join the party, has a hard time doing damage, and overall requires specific investment in him.

Conquest: Mozu - Better than in Birthright because of bow utility, but that's a seal that isn't for Corrin or Jakob.

Revelation: Nohrian male sibling retainers - low stats, and if any of them die, you have to replay the chapter before.

Echoes: Delthea - Late jointime at low level, liable to get killed as an enemy if you don't properly strategize.

2 hours ago, ping said:

No. Why would you?

Unless there's no middle ground between "Movement doesn't matter" and "Movement is all that matters", there's no fundamental reason why Wendy's better overall performance (which I find questionable in itself) cannot be worth less than Sophia's +1 movement. Less =/= nothing.

Nobody's given a reason why the ability to set up triangle attacks is worth less than +1 move.

40 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

Nobody's given a reason why the ability to set up triangle attacks is worth less than +1 move.

This has nothing to do with what you quoted. I'm not interested in a discussion if you just incoherently jump between different points.

12 hours ago, NinjaMonkey said:

Still beats what Gareth does i.e. dying on the first turn of 4-E-4 due to being gang-raped by Thunder, Wind and Fire Tails.

So Lyre, who has Mist tier offense when transformed, is a better use of a unit slot than someone who can buff others? ...Okay then.

Edited by Shadow Mir

That would have to be Sophia I suppose, this comes off the top of my head, so I might missing someone. Gwendolyn can still be trained due to early availability and have good stats, Sophia on the other hand has growths that don't make up for her late time and she starts at lv 1 with the stats for her level, pretty much making training her much more diffcult.

If I were to make a list of every FE, that would be:

FE2: Phyton

FE4: Arden

FE6: Sophia

FE7: Karla

FE8: Ewan

FE9: Sothe

FE10: Astrid

FE11: Matthis

FE12: Matthis

FE13: Henry

FE14: Orochi (BR), Nyx (CQ), Arthur (REV)

FE15: Phython

Edited by DiogoJorge

4 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

FE10: Has way too many useless units: Tormod, Muarim, Vika, Makalov, Astrid, Tanith, Sigrun, Edward, Leonardo, Meg, Fiona, Lyre, Kysha / Kyza... the list goes on and on and on. But poor Lethe has it the worst. One of the better (if not best) Laguz in PoR, her usefulness has REALLY taken a nosedive in this game.

Your definiton of useless interests me because like the half mentioned cast isn't.

• Tormod and Muarim are great fillers in part 1. Tormod is essential to beat 1-8 quickly and let all civilians alive by dragging out the draco knight in turn one. 
  • Tanith joins with good bases (even great with spped boost) and completes TA. Sigrun's growths are ass, but she's still good when she's around.
  • Without Edward you can't beat 1-P and so the entire game... 

I go even so far to say that FE10 has no useless unit(s). Even if they can't be used in chapters, they still have something else to offer like skills or supports. Even Lyre, the least useful unit in combat, has an use by getting / helping to get two skills.

Edited by Hecatia Lapislazuli

9 hours ago, NinjaMonkey said:

Given that I play on Easy, where all three of those are viable units, I severely doubt that.

Even if all of them are viable, that doesn’t mean that they’re not bad. Quite frankly, being careful with Gareth and putting provoke on someone who can’t hit back is better than the garbage I just mentioned (also Lyre cause I forgot about that), because you have to train them or give them BEXP, which is far better used on basically anyone else.

57 minutes ago, DiogoJorge said:

That would have to be Sophia I suppose, this comes off the top of my head, so I might missing someone. Gwendolyn can still be trained due to early availability and have good stats, Sophia on the other hand has growths that don't make up for her late time and she starts at lv 1 with the stats for her level, pretty much making training her much more diffcult.

If I were to make a list of every FE, that would be:

FE2: Phyton

FE4: Arden

FE6: Sophia

FE7: Karla

FE8: Ewan

FE9: Sothe

FE10: Astrid

FE11: Matthis

FE12: Matthis

FE13: Henry

FE14: Orochi (BR), Nyx (CQ), Arthur (REV)

FE15: Phython

Bold: I don't see it when her early availability only winds up giving birth to a severe case of bad jointime (she joins right before the axe-dominated Western Isles), and her growths aren't that great as to justify the extra work. And this is ignoring that FE6 is Horse Emblem. As for your list, I would dispute the ones I've bolded.

Armor knights in any FE with giant maps.

Like, why even bother having them in Genealogy?  They even made a point of making fun of Arden's slowness, and the game seems to suggest that castle-guard duty is the best role for him.  And if you want tanky units, cavaliers or standard infantry are typically good enough because their moderate speed and defense ultimately means they actually have more tank potential.  There's no reason to use the armor knights unless you're gunning for AAAA rank, but even then you'll probably just want to have them mostly level in the arena.

Since a number of folks seem to be going by game, I'll do so in kind, but only for the games I've beaten.

Genealogy: Arden or maybe Tailtiu.  Mostly Arden because he's got lackluster damage output while Tailtiu's Wrath can at least be abused in the arena, but Tailtiu's probably worse for field combat due to her squishiness.  She can do well at the point she joins thanks to the pirates mostly coming at her one-by-one and Claude being able to just heal her on the spot, but hoooooo boy is she awful the Chapter immediately succeeding that one thanks to all the pegasus knights and mages with MTA over her.

Shadow Dragon: Vyland/Biraku.  Literally a worse Matthis, he even starts with a lower weapon level in both Dark Dragon and Mystery of the Emblem.

Mystery Book 2: Yeah, Matthis is the worst this time.  And it's mostly due to circumstance.  You already have three cavaliers who may or may not be trained up, and even if you don't, you literally get Sirius the chapter immediately after the one you recruit Matthis in, so he doesn't even get much of a chance to shine before a better unit steals his thunder.  And to add insult to injury, that's also the chapter you get Ogma in.

Awakening: Donnel just purely based off of a no-grind run.  It's simple enough to get him to level up in his join chapter - you essentially just need to corner an archer for him to slowly wail on.  But after that, no matter what chapter you're on, he's always gonna have a ton of trouble leveling up.  Outside of that, I'd say any of the Robinsexuals are lackluster due to limited support pools and pairing options, because grinding for long enough can make any unit exceptional in that game.

Fates (BR): Samurai!Hinata.  His growths and stats are built for him to essentially be a better Rinkah, but his initial class sets him up for failure.  He's in a class that relies on speed, but his speed is awful.  He should just change to Oni Savage or some other tanky class and just specialize in high defense, massive single-hit damage.

Fates (CQ): Nyx.  Or Azura.  Really, Azura could be considered the worst in any path due to her awful combat prowess and the underwhelming utility refreshing offers in Fates, but at least that's a use.  But Nyx needs to actually fight to become useful, but suffers from Azura's same lack of defense and thus needs constant assurance that she won't be attacked on enemy phase.

Fates (Rev): Odin.  His availability and starting level must be a joke.  Who in IS thinks I'm gonna actually use a level 12 mage on a map where a good chunk of the enemies are promoted units, and when he joins right after two fairly strong promoted units?  Because whoever thinks that, I want to laugh right in their face.

Shadows of Valentia: Nomah.  Do I honestly need to say more?  What a worthless, redundant unit he is...

50 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

Bold: I don't see it when her early availability only winds up giving birth to a severe case of bad jointime (she joins right before the axe-dominated Western Isles), and her growths aren't that great as to justify the extra work. And this is ignoring that FE6 is Horse Emblem. As for your list, I would dispute the ones I've bolded.

You are free to do so. Mind you, on the matter of Arthur, pretty much any Nohrian can be made good if you slap a paragon on it in REV. Arthur is the one that jumped to my mind the most, since I really couldn't find an excuse to ever use it on him of all other candidates, since he has meh bases and is inferior to Effie.

As for Henry, he joins at a time where everyone is already close to promotion and Tharja is better than him, he ends up being a redundant unit as a result.

Astrid in RD is just too hard to train, I suppose it's possible Makalov is even worse, but I never used either so it would be hard to tell other than their growths and initial stats.

Fates (BR): Samurai!Hinata.  His growths and stats are built for him to essentially be a better Rinkah, but his initial class sets him up for failure.  He's in a class that relies on speed, but his speed is awful.  He should just change to Oni Savage or some other tanky class and just specialize in high defense, massive single-hit damage.

Why would it rely on SPD? Why would it be any different from other swordusers? Just because someone is the equivalent of a Myrmidon, doesn't mean that they have to be fast. Hinata's is more of a sword tank, and as far as it goes, he proves to be quite competent at surviving hits, also helps that he has a base of 14 SPD, so his 35% SPD growth ends up being a mediocre growth, but one that still holds up somewhat.

He can never be better than Rinkah no matter what he does though. Rinkah has better DEF and SPD, which Hinata can't compete with, specially since as a Oni you ruin his already poor SKL, while Rinkah never suffers from SKL problems due to her good growth.

Edited by DiogoJorge

Since people have started going by game, I figure I might as well:

FE6: Wendy, for reasons already stated.

FE7: Karla. She's basically a trophy for managing to stick it out with one of the worst units for that long.

FE8: Ewan. Whatever he can do, at least one of the other mages in Sacred Stones is better at it.

FE9: Rolf. Being an archer is bad enough in most games, but it's even worse here since he comes underleveled, enemies are pretty durable, and Path of Radance has a x2 multiplier for effective damage.

E10: Lyre. Mist-tier offense on a combat unit? No thank you. Especially not on one who needs to transform first before she can be anything other than a punching bag. This is even worse than it sounds once you realize that this is transformed. And that cats are a godawful class. Dishonorable mention to Meg, who comes underleveled and in a group that is already frail.

FE11: At least half the cast could qualify.

FE13: Donnel, for reasons already stated.

Fates (Birthright): Orochi. She's armor-level slow, and frail to boot. Dishonorable mention to Rinkah, who is SUPPOSED to be tanky, but has poor stats nearly everywhere, including the main stat a tank should have, which is HP.

Fates (Conquest): Arthur. Good availability only means so much when you're a liability. And while Fighters are almost always bad, his vomit-tier accuracy doesn't really help since this is Murphy's Law: The Game. Being a good pair up bot for Effie does NOT make up for this. Nor does it even come close. Dishonorable mention to Nyx, who is frail and inaccurate. And Charlotte, who has the same accuracy problems Arthur has, but even worse, in addition to being fragile in a game where defense is more important than ever, and coming underleveled to boot.

Fates (Revelation): Odin. He comes much later than in Conquest, where he arguably pushes it as far as being a bad unit goes, but with bases that are barely better than in Conquest. And at a point where promoted units are becoming more and more common. Dishonorable mention to Rinkah. Again. As well as Nyx. And Xander and Leo's other retainers.

1 hour ago, DiogoJorge said:

You are free to do so. Mind you, on the matter of Arthur, pretty much any Nohrian can be made good if you slap a paragon on it in REV. Arthur is the one that jumped to my mind the most, since I really couldn't find an excuse to ever use it on him of all other candidates, since he has meh bases and is inferior to Effie.

I have issues with considering Arthur worse off than the Nohrian princes' retainers, who come at a time when most of the enemy units are promoted (also of note, after that chapter, the game only uses promoted units), especially Odin, who has pretty bad base stats. Not that I think Arthur is good, because I don't.

6 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

FE9: Zihark. I'll leave it to you to figure out why I consider him useless (hint: you already have Ike and Mia and Stefan joins in later as a promoted Swordmaster, though he suffers from a similar problem to Seth).

Personally, I beg to differ, since Mia isn't exactly a quality sword unit.

Edited by Shadow Mir

3 hours ago, Baldrick said:

I don't think playing FE6 is needed to figure this out. You need to take 3 four Move units, all of whom you must train up, and get them to surround a single enemy. That is a huge investment. And being of such low Move, unlike the Pegs, for whom the Triangle Attack in many games is already inefficient because the position might require "wasting" the actions of one or two of them from what would be ideal, the Armors will have a hard time even setting up the TA in the first place barring turtling I could see. Even if we just assume Bors and Barthe just so happen to be used, and thus don't make it about investing in three units vs. one, the issue of getting into position for TAs and whether that is really worth it is still relevant. 

1 hour ago, Ertrick36 said:

His growths and stats are built for him to essentially be a better Rinkah, but his initial class sets him up for failure.  He's in a class that relies on speed, but his speed is awful.  He should just change to Oni Savage or some other tanky class and just specialize in high defense, massive single-hit damage.

The problem I found with this is his Str wasn't too amazing, and while his Def was very good, his Res was single digits bad. Wary Fighter being only available to Generals and there being no Knight woman he can pillowtalk the secrets of Knighthood from is another blow to him as an Oni.  Even a sluggish Dark Knight could probably doubly roast him to near death.

Insofar as I can tell, Hinata is excellent Defensive Stance fodder. Oni gives +4 Str and +2 Def (Chieftain bumps the Def to +4), Samurai gives +4 Spd. And he comes at level 10 so you can promote him whenever you get a spare Master Seal for an extra point or two on the bonuses he gives. Promotion also gives Master of Arms access, which is a balanced +2 Str/Skl/Spd/Def. He has something for anyone not-magical/wanting Res.

I'm going to largely stay out of the worst of the worst debate otherwise. 

As for Henry, he joins at a time where everyone is already close to promotion and Tharja is better than him, he ends up being a redundant unit as a result.

Personally, I think Tharja is worse off than Henry due to her low skill and luck, which result in an inability to hit the side of a barn if she's not using wind or fire magic, and her crap crit evade practically mandating that I glue Robin to her if I don't want her to eat a critical hit and die a painful death. All told, I really don't see him as worse than Donnel.

Astrid in RD is just too hard to train, I suppose it's possible Makalov is even worse, but I never used either so it would be hard to tell other than their growths and initial stats.

I don't really see it when Lyre and Meg exist.

3 hours ago, DiogoJorge said:

I disagree, Wendy may join earlier but she comes right before the axe isles where she's going to get completely decimated and is an armour in a game where armours were at their worst ever, not to mention her weird bases and growths for someone of her class. Sophia at the very least nets you a guiding ring and can just staff bot after promotion, and that's a hell of a lot more than anything Wendy hasn't been  contributing.

Also dishonorable mention goes to Arthur from fates for having a personal skill that makes him critical hit fodder, no to mention using axes, which got nerfed pretty heavily in fates. He's a complete liability in every sense of the word and not worth using for any reason except as a meat shield

6 hours ago, Baldrick said:

Because the Triangle Attack is bad, to the point where it's almost funny. Pegasuses having it is a total nonfactor, and they actually have the move to make up the set-up much, much, much easier, and most people are much more likely to be using 3 of those over the 3 Knights. 

Having all 3 Armor Knights in a single chapter is already questionable enough. Even the chapter where you get both Barth and Gwendolyn, bringing Bors along would cause me to raise an eyebrow, though this is probably the one place where using all 3 Knights isn't too crazy. AND EVEN THEN, the way chapter 8 is set up makes it very unlikely that enemies will be anywhere near the 3 by the time Bors catches up. The Knights are all horrendous in FE6. Douglas fares a bit better, since he has decent bases and doesn't require a Knight Crest, but even he's really not very good. But setting them up for a Triangle Attack? I can almost guarantee one of them will die if you're not doing crippling rescue strats. Even on immobile enemies like bosses, setting it up is just asking for one of your armors to die, for no real payoff. You effectively waste the turns of all 3 Knights, who already probably don't have a real spot on your army if you're not going out of your way to use them, just to mimic critical hits. Who really only Barth is probably getting any mileage out of, and he's potentially the Armor Knight most likely to die setting it up, if there are any Mages or Axes with even existant speed around. 

I've never heard anybody go "But what about the Triangle Attack?" seriously, even when pointing out the positives in good units like Florina in FE7. The whole thing is like a running joke in the series.

Like, I don't want to be rude, but is your primary defense of Gwendolyn here something that she is dependent on two other (Bad)units for? I don't think there's a single person in this thread arguing that Gwendolyn is useless who is going to flip over the Triangle Attack. 

Edited by Slumber

2 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

Personally, I think Tharja is worse off than Henry due to her low skill and luck, which result in an inability to hit the side of a barn if she's not using wind or fire magic, and her crap crit evade practically mandating that I glue Robin to her if I don't want her to eat a critical hit and die a painful death. All told, I really don't see him as worse than Donnel.

I don't really see it when Lyre and Meg exist.

True, Lyre it's possibly worst, didn't even remember her, since she's a laguz. Can't see it with Meg, when she has decent bases and growths, her only problem being that she begins on a map that she can only take a single hit from the enemies there.

5 hours ago, DiogoJorge said:

Why would it rely on SPD? Why would it be any different from other swordusers? Just because someone is the equivalent of a Myrmidon, doesn't mean that they have to be fast. Hinata's is more of a sword tank, and as far as it goes, he proves to be quite competent at surviving hits, also helps that he has a base of 14 SPD, so his 35% SPD growth ends up being a mediocre growth, but one that still holds up somewhat.

He can never be better than Rinkah no matter what he does though. Rinkah has better DEF and SPD, which Hinata can't compete with, specially since as a Oni you ruin his already poor SKL, while Rinkah never suffers from SKL problems due to her good growth.

Being tanky is fine and dandy, but with katanas coming with a defense loss when used... Anyway, I think the worry about speed is because it's pretty much the most important stat. 

The issue here is that Rinkah is a statistical eunuch, considering that she has good defense, but not the HP to back it up (which I consider a sore spot since, you know, a tank is supposed to have high HP)... And most of her other stats are hot garbage. You know something is wrong when someone has worse base HP growth than the frigging healer... and worse strength to boot.

True, Lyre it's possibly worst, didn't even remember her, since she's a laguz. Can't see it with Meg, when she has decent bases and growths, her only problem being that she begins on a map that she can only take a single hit from the enemies there.

There was no need for the "possibly" - I already covered her failings earlier in the thread. As for Meg, her best growths are in the less important stats, for the most part, and her bases.... brb killing myself. She also comes underleveled, and the Dawn Brigade already has it bad enough without having to baby an armor that can't take a goddamn hit.

Edited by Shadow Mir

1 hour ago, Shadow Mir said:

Being tanky is fine and dandy, but with katanas coming with a defense loss when used... Anyway, I think the worry about speed is because it's pretty much the most important stat. 

The issue here is that Rinkah is a statistical eunuch, considering that she has good defense, but not the HP to back it up (which I consider a sore spot since, you know, a tank is supposed to have high HP)... And most of her other stats are hot garbage. You know something is wrong when someone has worse base HP growth than the frigging healer... and worse strength to boot.

There was no need for the "possibly" - I already covered her failings earlier in the thread. As for Meg, her best growths are in the less important stats, for the most part, and her bases.... brb killing myself. She also comes underleveled, and the Dawn Brigade already has it bad enough without having to baby an armor that can't take a goddamn hit.

That's why I buy swords instead. Pratice Katana for SPD and Nohrian Blade for DEF.

Sakura may be a healer, but she has good HP growths to begin with. I always use Rinkah, since HP is hardly an issue for me when I have DEF to burn. STR is 45% so it's decent when coupled with her personal.

She has good bases for a lv 3 unit though. I have litle issue using her, since she even helps Micaiah level faster due to taking hits more often. It required little babying on my part. I find her to be barely decent, only slightly above average, but I usually use her at least until endgame.

38 minutes ago, DiogoJorge said:

That's why I buy swords instead. Pratice Katana for SPD and Nohrian Blade for DEF.

Sakura may be a healer, but she has good HP growths to begin with. I always use Rinkah, since HP is hardly an issue for me when I have DEF to burn. STR is 45% so it's decent when coupled with her personal.

She has good bases for a lv 3 unit though. I have litle issue using her, since she even helps Micaiah level faster due to taking hits more often. It required little babying on my part. I find her to be barely decent, only slightly above average, but I usually use her at least until endgame.

Well... to be frank, I never really used the Practice Katana.

High Defense only means so much when that's pretty much all you bring to the table, as I see it - and it doesn't help much when your HP is just that damn bad to the point where you can't fend off the stuff I want you to fend off... and it gets worse when you factor in crit chances, because Rinkah's likely to be facing them without help. Her personal is okay, but needing to be missing HP isn't a good thing when you have low HP in the first place... and not helping is that the Oni Savage class tree is an afterthought, as are axe infantry in general.

Not good enough, as I see it - and her growths don't help with that, with her best growths being HP, Resistance, Luck, and Speed. Which means I need a lot of luck to make her even remotely viable. And, once again, I cannot afford to be babying a scrub like Meg when most of the units I have to work with are frail, and she doesn't help that much since she's just a marginally more durable Edward, whom is himself suspect as a unit.

Edited by Shadow Mir

FE7 - Bartre with any axe above iron tier (mostly in particular when starting out).

(Lunatic) Awakening - Literally everyone not named Frederick

Fates - Hinata and Subaki were never star units for me. Also Nyx. Her hit rate sucks when you get her

9 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

So Lyre, who has Mist tier offense when transformed, is a better use of a unit slot than someone who can buff others? ...Okay then.

Lyre doesn't get doubled by spirits, Gareth does. I also don't put much stock in Gareth's buffs either, something that you'd know if you'd actually been reading this thread (which you clearly haven't).

1 hour ago, NinjaMonkey said:

Lyre doesn't get doubled by spirits, Gareth does. I also don't put much stock in Gareth's buffs either, something that you'd know if you'd actually been reading this thread (which you clearly haven't).

Bold: Cute assumption there. Too bad it's dreadfully wrong.

Everything else: So the fact that Lyre's dragged down by her class, her offense (because to not even beat the healer in offense is an embarrassment, as far as I'm concerned), and her status as a laguz means nothing to you? (Sure, this applies to Gareth too, but by the time he even becomes relevant, I have Laguz Gems, so reverting isn't an issue like it would be for Lyre, who has to deal with the shitfest that is cat gauge)