Most useless unit in Fire Emblem?

13 minutes ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

Most of this thread has been "Gwendolyn, Gwendolyn, Gwendolyn"

You mean "Wendy, Wendy, Wendy", right?

That's probably my fault.

13 minutes ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

But it still stands that the Triangle Attack alone isn't enough to justify making her and the other Knights mainstays of your team.

I don't disagree, and I didn't mean to give you the wrong impression. But:

12 minutes ago, Sage of the Mist said:

doesn't need two other shit tier units to be deployed to do something of marginal use (triangle attack)

Sophia is more useless because she can't do anything of marginal use at all.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Baldrick said:

Sophia is more useless because she can't do anything of marginal use at all.

I made a list of all the things she can do in my previous post, which is more than can be said of Wendy and whatever she hasnt been contributing.

4 hours ago, Edgelord said:

If we're not (ab)using scrolls, Marty is pretty atrocious. Quite a few of the late promote recruitments in FE12 are fairly useless too.

at the very least marty can just be used for capturing early on and dumped after you get dagda.

I don't see kein and alva offering much compared to the other 8 or so mounts you get around that time. (I don't remember if Fred's mounted.)

21 hours ago, Baldrick said:

Wendy has a better defined and more useful role, that doesn't necessarily require her to be trained. (Being a part of the 3rd best bosskiller)

You mean the one that is useless on most bosses thanks to most maps being outdoors, and of the ones that aren't, most of the bosses that can be triangle attacked have high defense? Really now?? I mean, the main problems of the triangle attack are still there, and now we have it being unusable against most of the stuff it would be "good" against... *slow clap*

Edited by Shadow Mir

1 hour ago, Sage of the Mist said:

isn't hindered by terian,

So?

has constant 1-2 range meaning she isn't constantly on the brink of death like Wendy,

Wendy never has to use anything other than a Javelin if you want to be that technical. When feeding kills, against mages and other units with 1-2 range, Sophia will often miss, whereas Wendy never needs to risk being hit until she's competent.

hits res,

So?

nets you a guiding ring,

Are you seriously giving her credit for this? It's like giving Roy credit for seizing.

Not to mention that's arguably negative utility since it means you have to ferry her in a desert FOW chapter.

has growths that at the very least suit her class

Who cares?

19 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

You mean the one that is useless on most bosses thanks to most maps being outdoors, and of the ones that aren't, most of the bosses that can be triangle attacked have high defense? Really now?? I mean, the main problems of the triangle attack are still there, and now we have it being unusable against most of the stuff it would be "good" against... *slow clap*

How many bosses can Sophia kill?

Edited by Baldrick

For the record: I still think that nobody in this thread argues "Movement is ALL that matter" and that it is just @Baldrick vastly (and I mean vastly) exaggerating when others point out the merits of more movement points.

i think baldrick's just trying to say that wendy has this one thing that she could do if one was to use her.

but yeah sophia sucks and she comes before chapters where you're likely rushing due to fucking staves or gaiden reqs (fuck douglas)

both Wendy and Sophia are trash teir units. What does it matter if one is "slightly" better than the other? Are any going to significantly contribute to combat without EXTREME babying? No they are not. 

For what it's worth, I do appreciate the guiding ring Sophia gets, but it was hell hauling her through the desert in the FOW. She "at least" didn't have decreased movement. I'm sure I could easily leave that rig behind and be just fine 

TLDR, both are bad units, and it doesn't matter if one is slightly better than the other.

1 hour ago, Baldrick said:

How many bosses can Sophia kill?

None. Which is also the amount of bosses the triangle attack would come in handy against (because about the only one I could see it legitimately helping against is on an outdoor map).

52 minutes ago, Mister Rogers said:

I think baldrick's just trying to say that wendy has this one thing that she could do if one was to use her.

That would be okay were it not for that one thing having a lot of strings attached. I mean, needing to field and actively train three bad units, when all the units in question are in one of the worst classes in the game??? That's completely absurd.