Titans and Shazam Trailers Dropped

4 hours ago, Hawkwing said:

I've looked at the second trailer before, and it looks... well, not bad? Whether or not it will be good is another story, but I'm surprised that it has some potential.

That, and being self-depreciation shows that the writers at least are aware of the shows reputation, and are fine with it being brought down a peg.

Most people I've met who are super big fans of the OG Teen Titans show seemed to be able to enjoy Go once they got over that it was a light, fluffy comedy as opposed to the semi-serious original series. Apparently it's a fine cartoon in its own right, and it's mostly just the idea that THIS is the follow up to Teen Titans that brings it down.

Though I've met people who love the original and tried to give Go a chance, but just found it not funny.

Either way, I'm sure everyone agree that Go's probably better than whatever Titans is.

1 hour ago, Silver-Haired Maiden said:

http://loubuggins.tumblr.com/post/176314910023/youre-freaking-welcome-teen-titans-fandom

This appears to be real as multiple people have recorded it. TEEN TITANS SEASON 6! Don't let it be bait....

If this is real, I almost feel like the showrunners of Titans deliberately sandbagged it and gave an AWFUL trailer purely to drive interest in Go so that people would see it positively, go see it, and drum up interest in the original series again.

It's dumb enough that I'd believe it.

Edited by Slumber

Just now, Mister Rogers said:

if they bring back the original series then i want to see a timeskip.

Then they wouldn't be Teen Titans.

Then they'd just be...

OHHHHHHH

DC hasn't been great at making live action adaptations in the past few years, but things are starting to look up.

Aquaman doesn't wow me from what I've seen so far, but it defiantly didn't look bad either. Justice League was an ok movie at best, but I though Jason Momoa's Aquaman was a decent character. Different, but decent for what it was. Overall it'll probably be a movie I'll see when it comes out, even if I'm not jumping out of my seat for it.

Shazam however, is a different story. I didn't even know that they were making a Shazam movie until the Comic Con trailer, but after seeing it I am all in. The movie's premise is very different than anything else we've seen in the recent superhero movie boom of the past decade and more importantly it looks like there having fun with it. Gritty realistic superhero movies can be done well, but I'm at the point where I'm more interested in seeing ones that embrace the sillier side of comics and Shazam looks like it will absolutely fit the bill.

No comment on Titans because I don't even want to watch the trailer from the things I heard.