Pokemon Storm Silver Nuzlocke

Kubson

Polls  

7 members have voted

1. 1. What starter should I choose out of Johto starters?

• Cyndaquil
    • Totodile
    • Chikorita
  2. 2. What starter should I choose out of Kanto starters?

• Charmander
    • Bulbasaur
    • Squirtle
  3. 3. What starter should I choose out of Hoenn starters?

• Torchic
    • Treecko
    • Mudkip
  4. 4. What starter should I choose out of Sinnoh starters?

• Turtwig
    • Chimchar
    • Piplup
  5. 5. Healing inside of battle

• No healing inside of battle
    • Only 3/4 potions (same as the gym leaders/trainers)
    • As much as I like

indeks.jpg.9a9f018b261ad2d859dbd5e1e17e354b.jpg

Pokemon Storm Silver, one of the hardest hacks I've ever played, so what better idea than do a nuzlocke of it? Before I get started I'd like to ask you to vote on the polls i'm going to make, as they include things such as choosing startes and rules of the nuzlocke. After the voting is over (once we reach 6 votes) I'll get started. Please vote!

Edited by Kubson

Ok, as nobody seems to be voting I'll start today. The polls where there was a tie, will be decided by random.org

Spoiler

Johto starter:

1,2,3 pop up first- Totodile

4,5,6 pop up first- Chikorita

MoYGZ9s.png

So with that my Johto starter is Chikorita

Kanto starter:

1,2,3 pop up first- Bulbasaur

4,5,6 pop up first- Squirtle

7ynhQdU.png

My Kanto starter is Bulbasaur

My Hoenn starter is Mudkip

My Sinnoh starter is Chimchar

Healing inside of battle:

1,2,3 pop up first- no healing inside of battle

4,5,6 pop up first- same amount of potions as gym leaders/trainers

HP6PpUM.png

I'll be healing the using the same amount of potions as trainers.

So as for the rules of this nuzlocke:

Spoiler

1. Only catch the first pokemon you see on each route

2. Nicknaming your pokemon is optional

3. If you encounter the same pokemon/pokemon from the same evolution line you already have, try again until you get one that you don't have.

4. Battle style is on 'set'

5. If your pokemon faints during battle, it's considered dead and must be released

6. Your pokemon may be the same level as gym leader's strongest pokemon at most.

7. If you encounter a shiny pokemon, you may catch it regardless if it's the first encounter or not.

With that out of the way let's get into the nuzlocke!

Spoiler

hotmJpH.png

As always Prof. Oak, has no idea what's my gender and I thought I looked manly enough...

0aFqcDP.png

Of course the name of the trainer is obvious. Above you can see the 8 faces of hell, I'm not even joking the gym leaders are really strong in this game, they have a lot of weird strategies and counters that catch many players playing for the first time off-guard. I'll be stunned if I don't lose lots of Pokemon during fights with them.

ltDsAhD.png

One thing I love about this hack is the fact that you get running shoes and the bicycle straight away, it's so helpful to be able to move faster during the most boring part (beggining, pre-pokedex). As well as that I also get GB Sounds, so I can finally listen to the same music as I have on my Pokemon Crystal cartridge, this brings back so many mermories.

x0G1DvG.png

You're not wrong there Prof. Elm! I'm so happy that I'll be able to use Chikorita, you have no idea, Chikorita and it's evolutions are amongst my favourite grass and starter pokemon.

rRP1sTk.png

Another thing I love about the HGSS era, walking with your pokemon. It's such a nice little touch, why did they decide to remove it is beyond me, especially with the graphic of Pokemon getting better and better.

hNVImVM.pngGRU12SW.png

That is going to help out a lot with the grinding.

zuUUXcb.png

No shit. Jesus, your opposite gender counterpart is so annoying in this game, just let me get out of this fucking shithole!

twfmG74.png

FFS

saGCnE7.png

Oh thanks mom! Now Youngster Joey can call me to brag about his top pertancage Rattata! Can't wait!

JgrhGYV.png

I swear to god!

M3Z5H7D.png

Because what grown man doesn't want to give a young, teenage boy his phone number?

Af7X3WL.png33SQ0he.png

Chikorita gains 2 levels in route 1, as well as learns that he razor leaf. In your face rock types!

tGSnjAo.png

I've played this game for 12 years, but whatever. Also, what is up with my character attracting interest from older men?

sSBNl5q.png

Leave me alone!

n61eX0i.png

That's nice!

418gI7D.png

Have I already said, how much I hate the early game?

wlvcdVD.png

It's Champion Cynthia time already?!

f9aucbJ.png

Wow! Now that's a nice gift!

lOUgaRl.png

Oh. I wanted to make you into a Jolteon and you have -sp.atk. Flareon it is?

fSG2rQ5.png

Finally.

yWL5n4X.png

And we get a phone number from another old man! Great.

kF6Ojzb.png

At least I didn't steal it like you did. Ladies and gentlemen this is the first time we meet our dickhead rival!

T42OY1E.pngKcYDH5f.png

Eevee one-shots his Cyndauil, gets some really nice ;) exp and gains a level! Perfection.

UZ0uzBi.png

Am I happy that I kicked your scumbag ass? Very.

6F1NYIM.png

Hahahhaa nice joke. Oh wait you're serious? HAAHAHAHAHA

DAFEiW7.png

Immature naming FTW. (you're a legend if you know where his name is from)

xGz9kKI.png

Oh really?

jz3hsTb.png6ukrO9H.png

THANK YOU

Anyway that's all for today, hope you enjoyed P1! See you next time!

3 hours ago, Kubson said:

You're not wrong there Prof. Elm! I'm so happy that I'll be able to use Chikorita, you have no idea, Chikorita and it's evolutions are amongst my favourite grass and starter pokemon.

Oh.... I thought I was trolling.

Well, win win anyway, I assume Chikorita's non-combat moves will help out.

Either way, are the levels higher than HGSS?

1 hour ago, Dayni said:

Oh.... I thought I was trolling.

Well, win win anyway, I assume Chikorita's non-combat moves will help out.

Either way, are the levels higher than HGSS?

They are, for example Falkner strongest pokemon in the regular games is level 11, while here his strongest is level 16, as well as that instead of 2 he has 6 pokemon (like every gym leader).

While Chikorita isn't great, I like her more for her design and her anime apperance. She actually has a good movepool in this game, I think she gets earth power early on. While she struggles in the first gyms, she can set up reflect, use poison/sleep powder, counter fire types with ground type moves and hit hard with stab. If I remember she has a lot of hp and nice mixed defence, her typing is pretty shit though. All starters are good in this game pretty much.

Edited by Kubson

Spoiler

ss100.png.4b8b48e7d07239fdc1c3321c748e9317.png

Alright ladies and gentlemen I'm back from holidays which means this nuzlocke is coming back. Anyway I'm on the first route, let's what we get.

TVi6Bhm.png

No fucking way. This is the best encounter you can get on this route, Starly and it's evolutions are amazing in combat, let's just hope I don't kill him.

6Pj4l1g.png

Mission complete. Starly will be a fantastic addition to the team, whenever I played the 4th gen Starly always was awesome from start to the very end, a flying type with Close Combat? Yes please.

sUVqlMP.png

Route 46, the route where you usually get a shit ton of geodudes and spearows, let's hope for a geodude, becuase that will greatly help with the fight against Falkner.

ss106.png.4a88805500f7f7073310f57cd8699c6c.png

I forgot to take the encounter screenshot :( Anyway we get a Numel, it's a alright pokemon, can hit pretty hard and tank alright. But it's speed is abysmal and it has an awful fire/ground typing. You don't want this thing anywhere NEAR a water type.

ORYPf9j.png

Route 30, this is a great route in this game because you have a chance of getting Ralts and Gardevoir/Gallade are some of the best psychic types you can get your hands on. Sadly this encounter is pretty rare so I'm not getting my hopes up.

sKm1pXa.png

Great.

2jNQ8A3.png

And Weedle is caught. yaaaay. But really, I like beedrill a lot in this game, it has increased attack and speed and has a base total in mid 400s I think, you get him at level 10 and he has an awesome movepool and will hit things so fucking hard at the start. Weedle and Kakuna however, are quite shit, so I don't want them around the pokemon of other trainers until they are level, a lot, and I mean a lot of grinding awaits...

3K14VUY.png

Anyway, back in Cherrygrove I decided to do some fishing, in the last part if you rememeber I got a fishing rod from that old fart who I had to follow around the city and the old rod can fish a lot of good pokemons in this game, so let's take adavantage of it.

qcJGNoH.png

And of course I get a fucking Magikarp, great.

LrhXEcz.png

And Magikarp is caught! Anyway at first glance Magikarp is quite useless, it has a horrible movepool and horrible stats, but be patient with it, feed it kills and it will be powerful, when it evolves into a Gyardos. It's pretty much the Est of Pokemon. But I'm not going to be grinding this thing for now, it will take a shit ton of time to get it to a decent level and due to my rules I can't evolve it before facing Falkner, so it will be in the box until the next gym battle.

ss114.png.1eae5cc04c73545829bd8484ee24c905.png

Interestingly Magikarp actually has attacking moves in this game and only attacking moves! A Magikarp without splash? What is this madness! It also has a perfect nature for a Gyarados, so expect to see Magikarp back at some point.

ss116.png.50e0d2f61d012b069c31e0e6b7c4e708.png

Anyway talking about griding, before facing the trainers on the next routes, I decided to grind up my pokemon to level 7. Aside from 1 interesting thing, not much than icreased stats happened, Starly learned quick attack and that's it.

ss115.png.77782c825f87a5990a70ad3334f464a8.png

Now this is intereting. Weedle evolves very quickly and we're only 3 levels off geting a early-game powerhouse. I can't wait!

Anyway that's all for today, a shorter update, sorry about that, but I'm still a bit tired from the trip. Expect to see a longer update later though. Smell ya later!

Spoiler

ss200.png.81e255e7db996d885dda2febd284203b.png

Alright and I'm back with some more quality Pokemon Storm Silver nuzlocke, today I'll be facing real trainers for the first time, let's get started!

ss201.png.e01fd27675ee1acd79fca16fe0af094b.png

THE HARDEST FIGHT IN THE ENTIRE GAME!!!!!

ss202.png.f583e62e988f35dc1fc35ccd18fcb15c.png

Right off the bat, things aren't looking good as we have to face a top pertancage Rattata. Expect deaths here

ss203.png.d9c95dbf53f58b2a0011473d6c9e7834.png

Huh? Guess Joey was being merciful today, all that rattata used was tail whip and focus energy... What a good lad, thanks to his orders rattata was two-shotted by Eevee's tackle.

ss204.png.f348f05296aaadba76a7fe3dadb5aeae.png

I'll ring you up to brag about my Rattata

ss205.png.6f77d5d7716d2a3dbc382af7176248ee.png

Good thing I have a fire type!

ss208.png.42d28f22dd02fdf2f744cb1b970f8df3.png

ss207.png.5894d8ac4a4904eedfbaa20061c38e43.png

ss209.png.b51d08cf2600adacac5003f3ec73d1e4.png

ss210.png.bd3707d50e3e24c445d5fd386826b87a.png

Easy win. My timing with screenshots was bad, so in case you're wondering, her other two pokemons were Cherubi and Seedot.

ss211.png.78012aca6bd25cf1da8d6b169dcdae24.png

Never let your mum save up your money in this game, not only you'll have to go back to your home city to get it, you'll also get less money from trainer fights and selling items and as well as that she'll SPEND your money on useless items. Thanks mum.

ss212.png.1044031d93f2abd74ba1cf6ba35eac9e.png

Anyway, here's a new route so we can catch a new pokemon, let's see what we get.

ss213.png.d02411b31f8503372c93357e9e98ec66.png

AWESOME!!! You have no idea how much that will help out against falkner, who's an absolute nightmare in this hack.

ss214.png.f6b9520dbecc6c9825f58d258260e478.png

Yes!

ss215.png.d6534c581548c487176348880452d13d.png

'Dark Cave' Thanks game I didn't notice... Anyway this is the first cave you can go into in this game and of course that means a new encounter. In this hack I'm pretty sure you can catch Larvitar in here, so let's hope I get it or at least for a rock type.

ss216.png.b86ffd304a1cdae82b6f3f8484b9a748.png

Well that's not great. Don't get me wrong, Crobat is superb but this won't help in the next gym, as I won't even be able to get a Golbat out of this Zubat and Crobat is a friendship evolution, which is always a pain tp get.

ss217.png.b2992caffee9f0d67f328ca472d1a980.png

The most common cave pokemon EVER is caught.

ss218.png.bfba852d8ab3dd639d1f35c653cbd0e4.png

Thanks for this useful item.

ss219.png.6fdaa5b7268605c7649160de54eb3a0f.png

The first thing I do in Violet city is take a quiz. You'll see why very soon with the reward I get.

ss220.png.d69eee8ffe5522160422a5c514e50a9d.png

Yes, as Fire and Leaf Green are from the same generation as Hoenn games.

ss221.png.1e5dac707e0021736c2d306d511fee1a.png

I don't know lol

ss222.png.978992452b7904f113e6e325a9d3af98.png

Thankfully I somehow got that one right lol Anyway, that's not true, Bulbasaur is only the first pokemon in the pokedex. The first pokemon to be ever created is Rhydon.

ss223.png.8c7149233c6a6ce46cd8740f815fabb6.png

No, you can only get in Platnium version.

ss224.png.6a2e3782e439d570e4489b0dc094ccd4.png

That's why I took the quiz. Anyway, as Bulbasaur won the voting for the Kanto starter I have to take it. RIP Squritle.

ss225.png.c69223d64794b8afca82023cdc90fb25.pngss226.png.d1ea66adfc067835f79359d6dda5a7d4.png

And here it is. It's level 10, so that's a good start, as well as that Venasuar is fucking amazing. The only problem is that I already have a grass pokemon on my team and a starter pokemon at that, so I'm not sure whether I'll be using Bulbasaur or not.

Anyway, that's all for today. As always thanks for reading and I hope you're enjoying the nuzlocke so far. See you later and have a good day.

Edited by Kubson

7 hours ago, Hylian Air Force said:

Is Primo still available in Sacred Gold and Storm Silver?

He is, but I don't think I'll be getting the egg from him, as I'm only allowed one new pokemon per area :/ And I'll be getting the Togepi egg as well after beating Falkner.