Your Lowest Tier Heroes

NekoKnight

It is known that not all Heroes are created equal, and tier lists can give us a rough idea of who is the easiest and hardest to make strong. But tiers aren't everything as I hope this thread can demonstrate! What are your lowest tier units that you frequently use and how do you use them? For reference, here are the current tier lists for Gamepedia and Gamepress.

My top (bottom?) 4 are:

1. M Robin (B+, T6): He has been a reliable unit back in the days when Takumi was still good. Sure, other mages can do his job just as well if not better, but it's still fun to check powerful threats like Ayra or Lyn with TA Raven Swordbreaker or Bowbreaker.
2. H!Sakura (B+, T5): Definitely a limited range considering she isn't effective vs non-mages, but she can counter some really scary enemies like Reinhardt or W!Tharja. Her res is high enough to run double ploys for additional team support.
3. Camus: (B+, T5): Maybe it's because for the longest time I only had -Atk Reinhardt, but Camus has been my go-to blue horse since he debuted. Even with poor res, his DC weapon is invaluable, and he's just the right amount of strong and fast to throw down in a lot of situations.
4. Palla (A-, T6): While considered by many to be possibly the worst Sword Flier, her stock Ruby Sword has made her a mainstay on my main flier team. Caeda and Elincia can deal out some solid hits to a broader range but it's nice to be able to carve through threatening greens such as Hector and Grima like butter and to bait green mages without risk. Flier emblem assures her she's never short on Atk or Spd either. 

PS: This isn't to discuss whether tier lists are relevant or not. Just talk about your favorites who are considered "bad" by the larger community.

Edited by NekoKnight

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ooh, fun!

M!Robin - I use him from time to time still as a reliable colorless slayer and tanker. Sure comes in handy during certain challenges and AA.

Palla - A staple in my flying team. Surprisingly tanky and strong with support.

Sakunya - Same as Robin, I use her periodcally when the situation calls for it, and she has served me really well, saving me from some tough binds and challenges.

Julia - She blows up dragons, and I love her for it.

Navarre - He's my main offensive red sword. Excellent for arena and GHBs alike with a sweeper flashing blade galeforce build

Klein - He's my main archer. Use him all the time

Those are the main two but I use mostly low tiers, Zelgius is pretty much the only exception

7th Tier

Gunter: As one of the few Green Cavs for quite some time, he's cemented a place on one of my horse teams.

Odin: I 5*d him as a reward for being my husbando in Conquest

It looks like 5th Tier is bursting with units I have on my horse teams, most notably Titania.

Canas- I made him a RES wall, does very well against green and red mages. He also supports the rest of the team with res tactic and peciprocal aid. For a unit from tier 7, he's amazing, I love him, him and Legendary Hector complement themselves perfectly, thans to res tactic my +res hector eaisly taunts blue mages and can take a hit from a green one as well. And he was built on a low cost as well!

37687806_2191606641074932_8079354854151028736_n.thumb.jpg.50c11d1508debbdfeb6610951193719c.jpg

The ones in Tier 7 I have are Canas, Narcian and Clarisse. I like all three as characters (I LOVE Clarisse) and Clarisse is honestly pretty good for me. I like her a lot.

Xander and Camus are obvious ones, but in truth that's just an anomaly of me valuing them as general purpose units but comparing them to an arena-oriented tier list. Same with Klein. Palla is probably the only one who meets the spirit of the question, not that it's particularly surprising either since she's the only easily accessible tanky/enemy phase red flier.

I've fielded Lachesis a fair bit, until she capped HM, but realistically that's only because she turned up as a pitybreaker and thus gets used as an TT autobattlebot. Then M Robin and swordbreaker Sharena as Arena hard counters. Again though, probably not in the spirit of the question.

Virion is a current 4*+10 project, he's surprisingly rare for me and I don't actually field him yet, but once he's fully merged and built, he might end up my premiere brave bow archer.

Takumi.. *cries*. 3 out of 4 of him are pretty low tier at this point, but they do their jobs well, clearing all the content I care about.

Tailtiu too, also sees some use at times. She can apply all the blue bladetome I need. 

I also use Sakura as my dedclicated healer and plan on making her +10.

Sharena is B+ on Gamepedia, T6 on Gamepress. Doesn’t stop me (and her) from wrecking faces with her and her SB+QR+CD+Ignis. She eats melees alive and leaves no bones. Also, her refine can’t come sooner.

Spring Xander was one of my first 5 star heroes and I've used him a lot. I'm honestly surprised he's considered low tier considering his surprisingly good mixed defenses.

I'd say Sophia but she's the best EP infantry red mage (basically a budget C!Tharja). It shows in how she's A+ in Gamepedia's list while she's T5 in Gamepress's which is wrong. Anyways: 

Klein. He is good enough for TT and some Blessed Gardens maps but it's obvious that his Atk is quite low to be competitive these days. Doesn't help that now that I have Bridelia his use has gone down heavily.

H!Sakura. I still need to give her a Barb Shuriken to see her true potential but with her default weapon she's too niche so she doesn't see a lot of use.

Deirdre. I can see she's kinda low thanks to dragons being too bulky, but she can always smoke some Nowis in AA and laugh at Reinhardt.

That should be it, I don't really use anything that lies at the bottom as I'm not a big fan of those characters and most that I like are <7.5, Tier 4 which isn't low tier. 

Edited by Alexmender

Henry. I love him. (Granted I mainly use Summelise or Cecilia in his place nowadays). He's a great physical wall, and if you throw him in the middle of a horde of colorless units, he'll wipe them all out. I still use him in squad assaults and story occasionally.

I also love using Beruka. I found a build on Youtube that turns her into the ultimate physical tank (mine has 55 defense). She may have low attack, but when 3 cooldown Ignis gets charged, she'll blow her foe away.

Looking through the list I'm kinda surprised how high tier my units are, I used to mostly use low tier units haha

The lowest tier unit that I use a lot is Klein (T5). He's in my top 5 of favourite units and while he does get killed quite easily, he gets OHKOs done most of the time. Working to +10 him, he's now +4.

In tier 6 I got NY!Corrin and Jaffar fully built, but tbh I don't use them a lot. It's just hard to find a place for them in any of my teams. Am planning to do an archer and dagger team once I got the right units for it though, and they are both reserved to be on those teams.

And if tier 4 still counts, I got Gerome on my flier team, Genny is my main healer who is also good at killing, NY!Takumi who is fully built and reserved for a future dagger team, and Arvis who I used to use a lot but is now enjoying a bit of a vacation in the barracks as I don't really have a place for him on my teams anymore.

I occasionally 5 stars units from relatively low tiers, but I don't even bother with crap tier. My main team are Reinhardt, both Ikes alt variants, and PAzura, however, I'm finding myself using a new team occasionally, which is saying a lot. That team consists of normal Azura, Fae, Elincia, and Legendary Ephraim. My third most used is my armored team of Black Knight, Halloween Henry, Hector, and Hardin. So I guess either Halloween Henry and Fae are the lowest tier that I use, but still not bad tier 

Edited by Midnox

Well, although I don't really believe in tiers for FEH, I still can definitely acknowledge there are definitely some... less good units in FEH.
And I pretty much use FRobin for everything that I don't use horses or fliers for. Arena, namely.

If only I didn't miss 2 reruns from back in the day... +6 would've been so amazing...

Jakob, full stop.  Takes a bit of team positioning, but if done right, he throws a dagger, and the entire enemy team dies.

Next is Ursula, who is STILL my go-to blue horse mage (my Rein is still a 4*, and no I'm not using feathers on him yet).  I kept her with her default tome, and she does a hell of a job taking out other horses.

And then I see my Leon, and that's when I stop taking the tier list seriously (I SEE SUGGESTIONS FOR FAYE WITH A BRAVE BOW, WTF).  When built properly, he one-shots a LOT of units (a quick gander at a simulator showed that he failed to kill 21 units when he initiates).  Pair him with a good bait unit (like a green -raven mage), and things will die.  Quickly.

I’m assuming everything on Tier 5 and lower is considered low-tier? If so I have a few since (un)luckily some of my favorites ended up in the bottom of the barrel.

Niles

Spoiler

oQ94Le6.jpg

Weapon: Slaying Bow + / Assist: Reposition / Special : Iceberg

He along with Fir back when she was still low tier were the units I wanted build and make viable the most. Niles is meant to kill any mage that comes his way and he does his job quite well thanks Atk/Res bond 3 and immediate iceberg on the counterattack. Let’s not his natural anti-flier capabilities. I tend to run Escape Route 3 more often than Cancel Affinity since I almost never encounter TA+ Raven mages but it’s there if he needs it.

Sadly, still waiting for the day a +atk/-def will appear before me.

Matthew

Spoiler

WoMpRM3.jpg

Weapon: Rouge Dagger + / Assist: Reciprocal Aid / Special: Bonfire

Matt will tank for days and debuff any unlucky enough that were near his prey. Magic can still be an issue but he is unlikely to be killed off with just one hit.

I’m thinking of just changing his dagger to smoke dagger since I use tactics skills all the time but rouge dagger can still be useful for whenever I’m running him in an all infantry team.

Florina

Spoiler

UsUaN3G.jpg

Weapon: Tannenboom + / Assist: Swap / Special: Iceberg

Probably one of my personal favorites to use from the low tier units. She’s deceptively bulky and hard to kill without archers. My go to dragon counter. Apply flier buffs and she’s a force to be reckoned with.

Boey

Spoiler

YcQPXUI.jpg

Weapon: Owl Tome + / Assist: Swap / Special: Ignis

Finally but not least, Boey. He is the slower magical version of Matthew sans debuff capability. Owl Tome helps buff more than just his def and res but somewhat less flexible in position. Physical units can only dream of overcoming this wall when he’s at full power.

I also used to use Camus a lot but he rarely sees the light of day anymore so I didn’t include him but I’ll acknowledge him.

There’s also Ursula who I still use quite often but it’s just her vanilla kit with Swordbreaker 3 tacked on to it.

1 hour ago, Junkhead said:

Reveal hidden contents

This isn't even his final form.

Ahh that is such an awesome Henry! I’m in love with it. Never seen such a majestic creature.

15 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Jakob, full stop.  Takes a bit of team positioning, but if done right, he throws a dagger, and the entire enemy team dies.

How.

And then I see my Leon, and that's when I stop taking the tier list seriously (I SEE SUGGESTIONS FOR FAYE WITH A BRAVE BOW, WTF).

Do you mean back in the day? I felt people were either going with Firesweeps or Brave Bows for an easy fix on any character, even if they couldn't quad or 2HKO that consistently.

11 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:

Ahh that is such an awesome Henry! I’m in love with it. Never seen such a majestic creature.

You're majestic.

Thank you, he is my newest creation. Also my absolute first real merge project @+7. His form will be +Res/-Spd. He's O'Beast.

OH SHIT YOU'RE DOING A BOEY. He's like Henry's Green twin or something.

I'd personally switch over to QR, since it's not like Lyn's damage means much with proper buff stacking. Merged Lyns can barely scratch my Henry. I'm currently using Guard a lot more. You're basically invincible if you get everything going.

I got a whole video where I basically solo Clarisse Infernal with Henry. You might be able to get some sight of how badass Owl Tomes get.

Edited by Junkhead

1 minute ago, Junkhead said:

How.

Silver Dagger+ inflicts a massive debuff in a two tile radius.  I have the rest of my team walk over and murder them, then bait the final unit and kill on EP.

3 minutes ago, Junkhead said:

Do you mean back in the day? I felt people were either going with Firesweeps or Brave Bows for an easy fix on any character, even if they couldn't quad or 2HKO that consistently.

That suggestion is still up under Faye's rating on Gamepedia.

1 minute ago, eclipse said:

Wait, really? Not sure if you guys know, but apparently a lot of the builds there aren't very credible. I actually frequent the "Questions" section a ton, there. The people there (which aren't in any way linked with those who do the write-ups and rankings) tend to talk about how innacurate they can be at times. They were also pretty agaisnt this last tier list.

I think one of the "Recommendeds" had a +10, +Spd conventional Blade Tome suggestion...it was awful, and apparently it's not there anymore. Thank god.

14 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:

I’m assuming everything on Tier 5 and lower is considered low-tier? If so I have a few since (un)luckily some of my favorites ended up in the bottom of the barrel.

Which reminds me, talking about the Gamepress tier list...I recall it seperating a lot more into different tiers, which makes it seem there's an even bigger gap between characters. I think the Gamepedia ones only seperates them into 3-4 bigger tiers. To me, it would make sense to have less tiers for how balanced the game is.

The game is balanced if you can use literally any character and turn them into a monster that can go up against any character, regardless of Colour Disadvantage. To me, that's balanced, rather than the misconception people have "less good = bad".

1. Selena (B). Her default Armorslayer+ and Triangle Adept 3 has been an easy pick for when I need to cobble together my seventh team for Arena Assault if I see the opponent with a slow green armor.
  2. Lachesis (B+). Physic+. She's my go-to staff user for babysitting in the Special Training maps because she's the only one I have with Physic+ learned besides Bride Lyn.

There are a bunch of other units I have fully built and merged near the bottom (male Robin, Bride Caeda, Ursula, Frederick, female Robin), but they don't see much use due to Arena Assault at the top not being particularly friendly towards them.

27 minutes ago, eclipse said:

When built properly, he one-shots a LOT of units (a quick gander at a simulator showed that he failed to kill 21 units when he initiates).

I mean, that really just means that the tier lists use different criteria than you do. Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I recall that you don't play in the super-competitive Tier 19.5, which is where most tier lists are designed for, and so they generally shouldn't be too relevant to you in terms of Arena play.

For example, at lower score ranges, bows and tomes perform significantly better than in the higher score ranges because opponents have less bulk and fewer units capable of counterattacking at range.

I think the people who consider tier lists (in general, not specific instances) to be the word of God are just as wrong as the people who consider tier lists to be complete bullshit. Thought does go into making tier lists, but tier lists can't apply to every situation at the same time, and the creators will prioritize strengths and weaknesses differently from others. Most fighting game tier lists assume near-tournament-level competitive play and simply don't work at all for casual play. Most Heroes tier lists assume Tier 19.5 and simply don't work at all for players at Tier 18 or lower or for players squarely in Tier 20.

And then there's the perception that the bottom of the tier list is where units that are "complete trash" are placed, and that's also not true. There's a good reason Gamepedia's lowest occupied tier is labeled "B-" and not "D" or "F".

11 minutes ago, eclipse said:

The descriptions don't appear to have been updated all that recently. It's better to read the Reddit tiering notes than the ones at the bottom of the page. And Faye with Def Ploy isn't actually that bad with a Brave Bow, by the looks of it, though Guard Bow is definitely her flagship build.

5 minutes ago, Junkhead said:

Wait, really? Not sure if you guys know, but apparently a lot of the builds there aren't very credible. I actually frequent the "Questions" section a ton, there. The people there (which aren't in any way linked with those who do the write-ups and rankings) tend to talk about how innacurate they can be at times. They were also pretty agaisnt this last tier list.

I think she was talking about the description at the bottom of the page and not the build recommendations on the character's own page.

Edited by Ice Dragon

33 minutes ago, Junkhead said:

You're majestic.

̶f̶l̶a̶t̶t̶e̶r̶y̶ ̶w̶i̶l̶l̶ ̶g̶e̶t̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶e̶v̶e̶r̶y̶w̶h̶e̶r̶e̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶m̶e̶ ̶s̶o̶ ̶k̶e̶e̶p̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶u̶p̶

Thanks.

33 minutes ago, Junkhead said:

Thank you, he is my newest creation. Also my absolute first real merge project @+7. His form will be +Res/-Spd. He's O'Beast.

OH SHIT YOU'RE DOING A BOEY. He's like Henry's Green twin or something.

I'd personally switch over to QR, since it's not like Lyn's damage means much with proper buff stacking. Merged Lyns can barely scratch my Henry. I'm currently using Guard a lot more. You're basically invincible if you get everything going.

I got a whole video where I basically solo Clarisse Infernal with Henry. You might be able to get some sight of how badass Owl Tomes get.

Ooh that’s dedication. It’ll be quite a while before I even consider merging units up that high. Also that blue mage was in for the surprise of its life.

Yeah! They’re basically same except for their tome colors. Must be a white hair thing.

I’m not even sure why he has Bowbreaker equipped. Must’ve been for a GHB or something. I totally agree with QR being better in general. Guard sounds interesting. I’ll give it a whirl.

24 minutes ago, Junkhead said:

Which reminds me, talking about the Gamepress tier list...I recall it seperating a lot more into different tiers, which makes it seem there's an even bigger gap between characters. I think the Gamepedia ones only seperates them into 3-4 bigger tiers. To me, it would make sense to have less tiers for how balanced the game is.

The game is balanced if you can use literally any character and turn them into a monster that can go up against any character, regardless of Colour Disadvantage. To me, that's balanced, rather than the misconception people have "less good = bad".

I remember gamepedia doing the same as gamepress but with a letter grade system. I agree though, less tiers would be better since it makes it seems like there’s a huge gap between characters even if it’s not that big.

I personally don’t care for tiers either way since I’m not super competitive but it’d be nice if they at least put a more cohesive one and updated some old builds.

Edited by NegativeExponents-
Clarification

"Use" is a subjective term. I promote anybody I get an optimal nature of for completionism but I'm not taking everybody with me for Arena Offense until they're a bonus unit. For Tier 7 that includes everybody except Jakob (no good natures). For Tier 6 it's everybody except Luke (don't have him) and Saizo, Laslow, Seliph (no good natures for these three).

Not gonna keep going up the list since while I think that tier list is a decent framework with its unfocused, vague criteria. Some of the tier placements make me want to scream when we start to go up. Peri in the same tier as Catria and Oboro. Bartre two full tiers lower than Cherche (the only thing she does better is an outdated Brave build and access to flier buffs rather than relying on Tactics skills)

Edited by Glennstavos