when you did stupid?

im bored, and curious. so what REALLY stupid things have you guys done?

i've done several, mostly just dumb bullshit like running into one of these traffic things in some garden-y place i went to in london at one point

5b55f56cef9ca_londontrafficthing.jpg.7be67ce5c4bba207ffc7fed4fb17ebf5.jpg

in my defense, my family was running behind me, talking to me, and i vaguely recall a last minute "WATCH OUT!" from my good sister, not the despacito one, plus i was an extremely stupid kid.

i was winded, but got sorted fairly quickly. i couldn't find an image of these on google images, so this paint recreation will have to do.

Buying Awakening. With actual money no less. All the prerelease stuff made the game look terrible. Even the demo made the game look terrible. And yet at the time I simply couldn't imagine that a Fire Emblem game wouldn't be at least somewhat decent.

These days if a game makes itself look like shit, I try to take it by it's word. Marketing always tries to make a product look better then it is, so it's absurd to count on a game actually being better then it presents itself.

1 hour ago, BrightBow said:

Buying Awakening. With actual money no less. All the prerelease stuff made the game look terrible. Even the demo made the game look terrible. And yet at the time I simply couldn't imagine that a Fire Emblem game wouldn't be at least somewhat decent.

These days if a game makes itself look like shit, I try to take it by it's word. Marketing always tries to make a product look better then it is, so it's absurd to count on a game actually being better then it presents itself.

Oh my god that is freaking hilarious.

anyways, today at work I was doing the breakfast shift and I was preparing the food for the first time, they ordered two egg and sausage biscuits with american cheese and because that is a special order I had to make them right there, I focused so much on the cheese that I forgot about the eggs, I only realised after I put them in wrappers that I forgot the eggs, so I had to deal with the embarrassment of calling them back and fixing them, the guy who was showing me the ropes left for only maybe 4 minutes and I already had a screw up on my own.

Stupidest FE-related thing: Buying Birthright, then Conquest (both physical) without researching, then having to go back and buy Birthright digitally just so I could have all three modes collected.

Stupidest thing I've done in the last 24 hours: Saying "you too" when the gate agent said "have a nice flight."

Dumbest point in my life: Letting a girl convince me that nothing goes better with Fireball than a shot of Nyquil.

9 hours ago, Hectorcopter said:

Trying to play Fire Emblem. It’s way too difficult and frustrating to me, as I get impatient very quickly.

There is Easy Casual Mode, and you get to do auto battle for the latest series. You can even do autobattle in Heroes and curb stomp the opponents in Story Maps on easy difficulty.

Dumbest FE thing: I fell for the hype surrounding Fates and was blinded by it for a long time afterwards. If I could travel back in time, I would slap myself in the face for that.

Dumbest IRL thing: I didn't realize my "friends" in school were only using me to make fun of me. They were never really my friends and I only realized it after the fact. I was pathetic prior to graduating from school still am, to be honest.

Edited by DragonFlames

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

I didn't realize my "friends" in school were only using me to make fun of me. They were never really my friends and I only realized it after the fact. I was pathetic prior to graduating from school still am, to be honest.

I know that feeling same thing happened to me in middle school twice even. Once with my "school" friends and another time with my neighborhood friends.

anyway to be a bit more on topic one time on my trip to the bathroom at school I was so lost in thought that I accidentally walked into the girl's bathroom. now that on it's own isn't too bad however I did it second time when I wanted to wash my glasses and I didn't notice until after the deed was done and to add even more insult to injury a girl saw me. yay....

Edited by Otts486