Star Wars: The Clone Wars announced

indigoasis

A new trailer dropped for a continuation of the Clone Wars TV show.

Same artstyle which is nice. Same voices, too. Anakin looks to have grown his hair out a bit more. I don't know if this is going to be a movie or a new season, but either way, I'm pretty excited. Thoughts?

Sweeeeet, I'm more excited for a new season of the Clone Wars than I was for the last couple of Star Wars movies. My guess at the this season will have the finalized versions of the scrapped episodes that never aired, and adapt one of the Ahsoka novels about hre perspective during Revenge of the Sith.

I would be more exited about, but I think I heard from someone that it's going to be exclusive to a single streaming platform which means I won't be able to watch it. If it's coming to cable I'm all in, but if not it's a real shame because I've loved the Star Wars cartoons for a long time.

On 7/31/2018 at 2:18 PM, TheGoodHoms said:

I would be more exited about, but I think I heard from someone that it's going to be exclusive to a single streaming platform which means I won't be able to watch it. If it's coming to cable I'm all in, but if not it's a real shame because I've loved the Star Wars cartoons for a long time.

It seems like a lot of shows are going exclusive on certain streaming sites, like Netflix. Which is a shame because not everyone has Netflix, which limits the viewership of shows. Except Stranger Things, which seemed grossly popular to me when it first came out.

I want to watch it, but first I'll need to watch the Clone Wars cartoon on its entirety, I guess.

I mean, I only knew that series existed, I never had interest on it.

On 8/4/2018 at 10:36 PM, indigospace said:

It seems like a lot of shows are going exclusive on certain streaming sites, like Netflix. Which is a shame because not everyone has Netflix, which limits the viewership of shows. Except Stranger Things, which seemed grossly popular to me when it first came out.

I cannot tell you how many times I've made small talk about TV/Movies where someone asks me about a show that I've never seen and they tell me to go watch it on Netflix and then I have to explain that I don't have Netflix and after that the conversation just ends. It's really annoying when people assume I'd have Netflix because it's popular. It's also frustrating that it's where the conversation always ends because I legitimately am rather passionate about film, animation, and similar media and enjoy having in-depth discussion around said entertainment.

27 minutes ago, TheGoodHoms said:

I cannot tell you how many times I've made small talk about TV/Movies where someone asks me about a show that I've never seen and they tell me to go watch it on Netflix and then I have to explain that I don't have Netflix and after that the conversation just ends. It's really annoying when people assume I'd have Netflix because it's popular. It's also frustrating that it's where the conversation always ends because I legitimately am rather passionate about film, animation, and similar media and enjoy having in-depth discussion around said entertainment.

I can sort of relate to that. When I am trying to find director cut or commentary track for a film, Netflix usually does not have it. And it's only found in the blue-ray release, depending the show/movie that can be expensive.

On 8/6/2018 at 7:12 PM, Jingle Jangle said:

I can sort of relate to that. When I am trying to find director cut or commentary track for a film, Netflix usually does not have it. And it's only found in the blue-ray release, depending the show/movie that can be expensive.

So you have the equal yet opposite problem as a Netflix user as I do as a non-Netflix user. I'll usually by Blue-Rays if it's for a movie I know I'll want to revisit every once in a while, but if not my family likes to rent stuff from Vudu every once in a while, which is basically a digital renting service with no subscription tied to it so you only pay for the things you want at any given time instead of the full catalog. But above all else, no mater how we consume movies/TV at home, nothing beats a night out at the movies in my book.

Edited by TheGoodHoms

12 hours ago, TheGoodHoms said:

So you have the equal yet opposite problem as a Netflix user as I do as a non-Netflix user. I'll usually by Blue-Rays if it's for a movie I know I'll want to revisit every once in a while, but if not my family likes to rent stuff from Vudu every once in a while, which is basically a digital renting service with no subscription tied to it so you only pay for the things you want at any given time instead of the full catalog. But above all else, no mater how we consume movies/TV at home, nothing beats a night out at the movies in my book.

Ah, the movie theater/drive-in. Expensive-ish, but fun. I'd love to go again sometime, but there's a cheaper alternative with things like Redbox, which is nice as it allows people to watch a movie in the comfort of home while having full viewing control (ability to fast forward, rewind, etc.), but frustrating because the rental DVDs don't have bonus features to check out. Then there's the actual retail releases of movies that are more expensive, but could be worth more later, like Collector's Editions.

Why does life have to be so expensive?

17 hours ago, indigospace said:

Ah, the movie theater/drive-in. Expensive-ish, but fun. I'd love to go again sometime, but there's a cheaper alternative with things like Redbox, which is nice as it allows people to watch a movie in the comfort of home while having full viewing control (ability to fast forward, rewind, etc.), but frustrating because the rental DVDs don't have bonus features to check out. Then there's the actual retail releases of movies that are more expensive, but could be worth more later, like Collector's Editions.

Why does life have to be so expensive?

I admittedly am from a smaller town so the movies aren't as expensive as more populated areas so I can get out to see new films more often, plus if I'm with family or friends we split the bill. But even with a few money saving work arounds here and there I agree that life's pleasures tend to cut into our capital quite a bit.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/7/2018 at 8:41 AM, TheGoodHoms said:

Just get their password if them and watch things on their subscription. You can even make your own viewing account.

Edited by Jotari

• 2 months later...

https://comicbook.com/starwars/amp/2018/11/03/star-wars-the-clone-wars-disney-lucasfilm-cancelled-too-graphic/

“We’d actually recorded seven episodes that didn’t get aired,” Logan said, pointing to an unfinished episode that would have pit Fett against Cad Bane. Vice president of content acquisition Sean Carey pointed out the series “really aged up over the years” and “went to a darker place and frankly didn’t fit the Disney brand.”

I dislike that reasoning of why the show got canceled in the first place. Of the show being "unsafe" for kids to watch on Disney. It's called Star Wars: The Clone Wars for a reason. I'm a bit worried for next season of it being tone down compared to the rest of the series.

On 11/7/2018 at 8:22 AM, Jingle Bells said:

https://comicbook.com/starwars/amp/2018/11/03/star-wars-the-clone-wars-disney-lucasfilm-cancelled-too-graphic/

I dislike that reasoning of why the show got canceled in the first place. Of the show being "unsafe" for kids to watch on Disney. It's called Star Wars: The Clone Wars for a reason. I'm a bit worried for next season of it being tone down compared to the rest of the series.

Remember this was about what happened before Rogue One was written. Rogue One was very dark by canon standards, and the new Mandalorian show that's apparently coming is gonna be even darker. Rebels also didn't pull punches in its later seasons, although Resistance is probably gonna be not as dark for a while.

5 minutes ago, Hylian Air Force said:

Remember this was about what happened before Rogue One was written. Rogue One was very dark by canon standards, and the new Mandalorian show that's apparently coming is gonna be even darker. Rebels also didn't pull punches in its later seasons, although Resistance is probably gonna be not as dark for a while.

Yeah, I guess so. The later seasons of the Clone Wars were grim in some areas, arguably more so than Rogue One. I just wonder what will be allowed in the current direction of Disney Star Wars.