Should CYL3 exclude all FE Heroes characters already in the game?

Icelerate

Honestly, I wish it was impossible to vote for one character more than once. You have seven days and need to vote fot seven different characters. So the winners would be those characters who got the most votes from different people.  But I guess they cannot do it properly unless they will restrict voting only for those who already have accounts for proper tracking.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No! I really want Micaiah, Takumi, Alm and Eliwood to actually get brave variations. One day, hopefully.

Personally, I hope the split votes would be removed. It's so annoying that Tellius characters have to earn twice the votes to actually make it in top 20. And Intelligent System doesn't even seem to acknowledge these splits. It's so infuriating! 

Nah, keep CYL as it is, just restricting previous winners, as everyone should have a chance, but either take away, or join split votes. Though I hope fans stop voting for Mrs tits in your face just because.... tits:dry:. Hell, I'm surprised Veronica beat her spot this CYL in such a short time. I was even thinking those results where fake at first XD

41 minutes ago, Midnox said:

Though I hope fans stop voting for Mrs tits in your face just because.... tits.

One, you can’t get inside the head of every single voter and verify that they vote just because tits.

Two, even if they do vote just because tits, what’s wrong with that? No one needs to justify their choice before anyone else. Everyone’s choice is just as valid as yours.

The only things I want to see changed about CYL 3 are

• Shadow Dragon and Mystery of the Emblem characters merged into one.
  • Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn characters left separate for voting, but counted together when tallied at the end.

The reason for the different handling between them is because character designs are very different for some characters between Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn (I prefer the Radiant Dawn versions of Mia, Mist, and Nephenee) and Heroes also orders them in the Herodex in separate sections.

As for removing all characters already in Heroes, that is both unfair to characters that have not already won a CYL and completely goes against the entire point of CYL which is to vote for characters to receive alt versions of. If players want characters that aren't already in the game, we can simply choose to vote for characters that aren't already in the game.

2 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

One, you can’t get inside the head of every single voter and verify that they vote just because tits.

Two, even if they do vote just because tits, what’s wrong with that? No one needs to justify their choice before anyone else. Everyone’s choice is just as valid as yours.

Because there are tons of more interesting ladies that could get the spot for Legendary Heroes that offer more on the table. I don't mind fanservice, but said character should not be limited by it. What do I know of Camilla? Tits, suggestive dialogue, and all of that delivered with the subtlety of a train crash. Tharja and Loki are also fanservices, but the former is accompanied with her Token Evil Teammate, to start, and the latter has the trickster, cunning, and mystery of her real nature surrounding her. It helps that she dresses more revealing than Camilla, but doesn't bombard you with suggestive lines 24/7. This is a year of another pair of more interesting ladies getting their brave buff, but sadly, Camilla will take the spot from another next year :dry:

11 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

I'd just remove anyone that already got an alt that's in the normal summoning pool

Except that, I think the intention of Brave Heroes is to have really powerful heroes that breaks the meta. Well, they've been successful with BLyn and BIke, as they can do their jobs quite well. Non seasonal alts don't feel so meta defying, but rather having a different role

1 minute ago, Icelerate said:

Isn't that what legendary heroes are supposed to be for? 

Well, but the brave did that first XD. Yeah, brave heroes are mostly high in the meta, and some having exclusive skillz that make the first wave of brave heroes proud. But now legendaries outnumbering big time the braves, IS should step-up their game with brave heroes from now on to make them stand out, as the legendaries have the addition of elemental blessings 

Is there really any point to a CYL3 at this point? All highly popular characters have been getting alts left and right recently. If they are just adding these alts on regular banners, it kinda looks like alt 3 or 4 for a popular character that hasnt won a CYL yet.

Theyre gonna make those alts anyway, illusion of choice?

I don’t understand how alt became a dirty word, as if most versions if Lyn weren’t radically different, or that the masses would rejoice if legendary Lyn were replaced with inexplicably an archer Meg.

3 minutes ago, Lemmy said:

I don’t understand how alt became a dirty word, as if most versions if Lyn weren’t radically different, or that the masses would rejoice if legendary Lyn were replaced with inexplicably an archer Meg.

The main argument is that it takes away the chance for other characters yet to appear in FEH. I don't really mind alt heroes, but I do see the novelty dying pretty quickly

37 minutes ago, Midnox said:

What do I know of Camilla?

Has one of the best Japanese voice actors in the industry.

24 minutes ago, Midnox said:

as the legendaries have the addition of elemental blessings

Brave Heroes can at least equip blessings to boost their stats further, unlike Legendary Heroes, who cannot.

2 minutes ago, Lemmy said:

Non-Seasonal alts steal spots, simple. IS keeps New Heroes banners at 3-4 characters, regardless of whether there are alts on them or not.

If in addition to Wino we had Karla, Legault, Nils, and maybe Rath (you could name any two, it doesn't have to be Nils and or Rath), then things wouldn't be so bad.

Even worse is the Thracia banner, Swordhart is a feasible idea based on FE5 yes (as in not totally contrived), but nonetheless, the banner only brought two new characters from Thracia on it, the game with the least representation. If we had Perne and Osian on it for a 6 character smorgasbord, it'd be fine, but IS insisted on keeping the New Heroes to 4. 

By "steal", I'm not singling out any character the alt stole from, but they stole a spot from someone. Unless X happened to be the only VA in today and didn't feel like voicing anyone other than somebody they already worked on, they could have given that spot to any character not in Heroes.

22 minutes ago, Midnox said:

The main argument is that it takes away the chance for other characters yet to appear in FEH. I don't really mind alt heroes, but I do see the novelty dying pretty quickly

There’s a reason Boots got his nickname, and it’s not from being a well liked character people wanted to add to their rosters. 

IS could add dozens of units at a time if they wanted, they don’t because they realize they are selling units. Well liked units sell, meta threats sell; but you can’t sell too many at the same time and expect them not to cannabalize each other.

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Non-Seasonal alts steal spots, simple. IS keeps New Heroes banners at 3-4 characters, regardless of whether there are alts on them or not.

If in addition to Wino we had Karla, Legault, Nils, and maybe Rath (you could name any two, it doesn't have to be Nils and or Rath), then things wouldn't be so bad.

Even worse is the Thracia banner, Swordhart is a feasible idea based on FE5 yes (as in not totally contrived), but nonetheless, the banner only brought two new characters from Thracia on it, the game with the least representation. If we had Perne and Osian on it for a 6 character smorgasbord, it'd be fine, but IS insisted on keeping the New Heroes to 4. 

By "steal", I'm not singling out any character the alt stole from, but they stole a spot from someone. Unless X happened to be the only VA in today and didn't feel like voicing anyone other than somebody they already worked on, they could have given that spot to any character not in Heroes.

I think the reason alts like her happen is to make sure less popular characters like Karla and Legault have a chance to get into Heroes. Each banner needs a character popular enough to sell it. Nils, Rath, etc. are not popular enough to sell a banner on their own or even together. This doesn't excuse the alt infested Thracia banner. Why did we need Reinhardt and Olwen when even Leif was enough to sell the banner? Same goes for the RD banner to a lesser extent. I think L'Arachel is popular enough to sell a banner on her own as well because I keep on hearing people say she'd be a better lord than Ephraim and Eirika. 

At least we get GHB and a TT unit from most of those banners with the exception of RD banner for some reason. 

3 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Brave Heroes can at least equip blessings to boost their stats further, unlike Legendary Heroes, who cannot.

I thought the legendary heroes got the bonuses as well. I guess Brave have one big advantage over legendaries after all

Obviously, the previous winners shouldn't be in CYL 3.  I feel that it's kind of odd to have the original characters from Heroes in CYL, although I guess with the Easter event it could just be explained with "it's them from another dimensions of the dimensiony sort".  Some characters appear in multiple games, so it'd make sense to either merge the votes between all of them or just have them listed once (especially seeing Marth and Anna with the last CYL).  And just as a personal opinion, I feel that characters that already have at least 3 alts (making a total of 4 different version of that same character) should be excluded, since we already have enough version of that character already, let alone those kind of character already have really good alts, so they really don't need a Brave alt.

7 hours ago, Midnox said:

Because there are tons of more interesting ladies that could get the spot for Legendary Heroes that offer more on the table.

For you. Just because you don’t like Camilla, Tharja or anyone whom you can reduce to “tits and suggestive dialogue” (which is wrong for both of them) doesn’t mean you are the only one correct whose opinion is law.

Camilla and Tharja aren’t interesting for you? Even after reading their supports and stuff? Okay, it’s your sacred right to not like anyone, but don’t act as if everyone else is a horny troglodite that types and votes with one hand.

6 hours ago, Lemmy said:

This was supposed to be celebration of the whole series, of all things Fire Emblem. Instead, it is becoming celebration of the same twenty characters all over and over again.

Personally I would like if any character that had any standard or legendary alt or more than a single seasonal alt was excluded from participating in CYL 3 cause yay powercreep Hector/Ephriam/Celica sounds so much fun when we just got powercreeped Hector/Ephriam/Celica and they also shouldn't make a legendary or standard alt for that character between when they win and the release of their cyl alt. 

Also votes can stay split for voting but votes on the same character should be tallied together at the end, there is no reason Marth should not get a cyl version because his voter base is split between his two versions 

Also also, let me vote for cipher characters goddammit, I need Randal in this game.

Edited by Mackc2

32 minutes ago, Mackc2 said:

Personally I would like if any character that had any standard or legendary alt or more than a single seasonal alt was excluded from participating in CYL 3 cause yay powercreep Hector/Ephriam/Celica sounds so much fun when we just got powercreeped Hector/Ephriam/Celica and they also shouldn't make a legendary or standard alt for that character between when they win and the release of their cyl alt. 

Considering that I estimate that it takes roughly four months between when a character is planned and when they are released, possibly even longer, Dark Celica, Legendary Ephraim, and Valentine Hector were all planned before CYL 2 even started.

Edited by Ice Dragon

42 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

For you. Just because you don’t like Camilla, Tharja or anyone whom you can reduce to “tits and suggestive dialogue” (which is wrong for both of them) doesn’t mean you are the only one correct whose opinion is law.

Camilla and Tharja aren’t interesting for you? Even after reading their supports and stuff? Okay, it’s your sacred right to not like anyone, but don’t act as if everyone else is a horny troglodite that types and votes with one hand.

I my post wasn't clear enough. Didn't make clear enough that Tharja and Loki's cases are actually in favor of them, and while Tharja is not my top choices for CYL (Loki is), I wouldn't mind if she wins next year poll. About Camilla.... can you blame me for seeing her as a shallow walking fanservice? Well, FE Fates reveal shows her walking seductively towards the camera, with it showing her from below to above. FEH seems to only flanderize the fanservice, with suggestive dialogue in her lines, crit quotes (at least the base one), and all her alts always have to show her assets. 

And no, my opinion isn't law, and if she wins, wins, but I don't have to like it

16 minutes ago, Midnox said:

About Camilla.... can you blame me for seeing her as a shallow walking fanservice?

I’m just amused that you label Camilla a “shallow walking fanservice” and at the same time seem to praise Loki who’s got even less working in her favour. But I’m not judging you for that because I know and I get that my opinion means nothing.

10 hours ago, Midnox said:

Because there are tons of more interesting ladies that could get the spot for Legendary Heroes that offer more on the table. I don't mind fanservice, but said character should not be limited by it. What do I know of Camilla? Tits, suggestive dialogue, and all of that delivered with the subtlety of a train crash. Tharja and Loki are also fanservices, but the former is accompanied with her Token Evil Teammate, to start, and the latter has the trickster, cunning, and mystery of her real nature surrounding her. It helps that she dresses more revealing than Camilla, but doesn't bombard you with suggestive lines 24/7. This is a year of another pair of more interesting ladies getting their brave buff, but sadly, Camilla will take the spot from another next year :dry:

Except that, I think the intention of Brave Heroes is to have really powerful heroes that breaks the meta. Well, they've been successful with BLyn and BIke, as they can do their jobs quite well. Non seasonal alts don't feel so meta defying, but rather having a different role

There's plenty of fans who like Cam/Tharja beyond the designs and suggestive tones. 

it sounds like you're just salty over preferences, which is fine, but taking it out on others and making broad generalizations isn't exactly a very mature way to deal with things if you want to be taken seriously. I mean I voted for Camilla for the lulz since I found that she had a high chance of making it in and I just have a soft heart towards silly cliched anime tropes.