Wyvern Conquest mkll

BANRYU

Yo so might as well make this into a proper thread for this run since folks keep askin' about the specs and whatnot. 

First up, this is a redux attempt of my original Wyvern Conquest run, Hard/Casual Conquest, attempting to improve on that by switching some things up. 
Most of the rules and pairings are going to be the same as that, but here's a rundown of the rules all the same: 

1. Primary Goal: accrue as many wyvern units as possible & complete endgame with all wyvern units (no casualties would be a... stretch goal, but it might be doable). All units who are able to do so must switch to a Wyvern class by endgame (exceptions allowed if they wind up too weak and are dropped, IE Selena, Gunter, Beruka, etc.). Units who are already wyverns or will eventually switch to wyverns must be deployed unless they've been dropped. 
  2. Free DLC only. This means the Awakening DLC + Anna gifts only, pretty much. No Dreadfighter/Darkflier access, no gold/exp DLC. Awakening map can be used to grind supports and gold, if the additional gold is needed for Seal purchases. 
  3. Staff units, Rallybots, and Azura allowed up until the final two chapters. 
  4. No buying skills from other folks' castles, but units can go through any class path so long as they finish as one of the Wyvern Rider tree classes. 
  5. More of a general guideline, but in general will try to avoid using weapons from the 'Battle/Visit' gift menus unless obtained through other means. 

Available Unit Roster: 

Spoiler

Wyvern Legion

• Nubrya (+Spd/-Luk MU, Dragon talent)
  • Elise
  • Odin (via Camilla)
  • Effie!Percy
  • Elise!Sophie (via Percy)
  • Nichol
  • Jakob!Shigure (via inheritance, go figure)
  • Azura!Dwyer (via Percy)
  • Camilla
  • Beruka
  • Selena (via Beruka/Camilla)
  • Camilla!Ophelia
  • Charlotte (via Beruka)
  • Leo (via MU)
  • Keaton (via Beruka)
  • MU!Forrest
  • Beruka!Velouria
  • Gunter
  • Xander
  • Charlotte!Siegbert (via Percy)

Since there are far more units available to take to endgame than there are slots for endgame, prospective units will be dropped by basis of performance (obviously. It's Conquest).

Support Staff

• Azura 
  • Jakob (staffbot)
  • Niles (capture + lockpick bot)
  • Kaze (lockpick bot)
  • Nyx!Nina (staffbot + lockpick bot
  • Mozu!Midori (lockpick bot + gold farmer)

The rule of wyvern units taking priority when selecting available units for a chapter may be omitted if lockpick is required for loot or in similar circumstances.

Current Status: Conquest Chapter 11; Mozu, Percy, Sophie, and Nichol recruited. Heart seals used on MU and Elise to go wyvern.

Edited by BANRYU

Bit of an updated after further consideration...

2 main shipping routes I can take here.

1) 

• Odin x Elise
  • Keaton x Camilla
  • Benny x Beruka

Odin would go unused (in which case he gets the heartseal ASAP if it's important for ophelia, otherwise he's dropped), which is a bit of a shame since he's actually been getting good growths so far this run. 13 mag at level 11 is atypically high in my experience. 

2) 

• Odin x Camilla
  • Keaton x Beruka
  • Elise x ?

Benny and Ignatius would be ditched so Odin can be used, Elise would need to find a new hubby, the only options I have available for which are Laslow and Kaze IIRC (well and Benny, but. C'mon). Velouria and Ophelia aren't as offensively strong, but are still useful in other ways (Ophelia gets better bulk and the ability to use physical weapons, Velouria becomes basically a crit tank similar to Beruka but hopefully better?)

At this point, the main thing I need to decide before I can proceed is how essential Vantage is on Ophelia so I know whether to use my only heart seal until Ch 13 on MU for axe ranks or Odin to nab vantage for Ophie. 

What do you have planned for chapter 23, with it having tonnes of snipers? And for endgame, since the final boss is effective against fliers?

2 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

What do you have planned for chapter 23, with it having tonnes of snipers? And for endgame, since the final boss is effective against fliers?

IIRC from my last run, 23 was actually a pretty big joke since snipers can't do much when they're swarmed by savage blow'ing wyverns before they can even attack, and getting on the wall is a literal breeze. 

For twincest Takumi, well I did it before albeit with casualties, but it's casual mode too, so? But uh, probably abuse Dual Guard and and Bowbreaker and hope for the best tbh. 

My sig has the link (Wyvern Conquest) to my processes for the previous run, and that thread might link to the aftermath where I ran through everything I think

13 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

IIRC from my last run, 23 was actually a pretty big joke since snipers can't do much when they're swarmed by savage blow'ing wyverns before they can even attack, and getting on the wall is a literal breeze. 

For twincest Takumi, well I did it before albeit with casualties, but it's casual mode too, so? But uh, probably abuse Dual Guard and and Bowbreaker and hope for the best tbh. 

My sig has the link (Wyvern Conquest) to my processes for the previous run, and that thread might link to the aftermath where I ran through everything I think

Erm, what difficulty is this on? You said it was on Casual mode, but I don't remember seeing the difficulty...

3 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

Erm, what difficulty is this on? You said it was on Casual mode, but I don't remember seeing the difficulty...

oh yeah it's Hard/Casual w/ free DLC only sorry, same specs as the original run

You are using a veeeeery loose definition of “all Wyvern”, right? Or did you only mention the units that you have right now and not your final party?

I mean, some units with direct access to a Wyvern class were not even mentioned, like Beruka, Gunther, Xander or Siegbert; and yet Adventurer Nina and Pegasus Selena made it on your list. 

@starburst

Izzat clear enough for ya? 

48d02ff0-bc62-40a9-9afe-3236a6784062.jpg

EDIT: yo I went ahead and reformatted the OP, that should handle any other such curiosities. 

Edited by BANRYU

That image is sweet, man! Dragons all around!

I would pair Benny and Beruka, since Ignatius is already a tank and can deal with low Speed. Beruka would however destroy Velouria's Speed, or Ophelia's Magic and Speed.
Velouria as Camilla's daughter is a monster. But that would leave Elise as Ophelia's mother, and Ophelia would then need to marry Percy to get a dragon.
If Camilla bears Ophelia, Odin could work as a Wyvern Lord and Ophelia would still have decent magic growths as a Malig Knight.

Since you need every seal available, I think that Vantage is not essential in your campaign. Ophelia will still destroy things.

I prefer to use a unit/class for as many chapters as possible, so that I can know them better and try different strategies in more maps. So, instead of doing all class changes late in the game, you might want to allow purchasing Seals in other castles (and maybe a run of the Gold DLC exclusively to fund these overseas purchases.) This way, your units would re-class as soon as they can mount a dragon, regardless of the Seals available in your store.

Edited by starburst

2 hours ago, starburst said:

That image is sweet, man! Dragons all around!

I would pair Benny and Beruka, since Ignatius is already a tank and can deal with low Speed. Beruka would however destroy Velouria's Speed, or Ophelia's Magic and Speed.
Velouria as Camilla's daughter is a monster. But that would leave Elise as Ophelia's mother, and Ophelia would then need to marry Percy to get a dragon.
If Camilla bears Ophelia, Odin could work as a Wyvern Lord and Ophelia would still have decent magic growths as a Malig Knight.

Since you need every seal available, I think that Vantage is not essential in your campaign. Ophelia will still destroy things.

I prefer to use a unit/class for as many chapters as possible, so that I can know them better and try different strategies in more maps. So, instead of doing all class changes late in the game, you might want to allow purchasing Seals in other castles (and maybe a run of the Gold DLC exclusively to fund these overseas purchases.) This way, your units would re-class as soon as they can mount a dragon, regardless of the Seals available in your store.

Perhaps, but I am bending the rules a BIT so that most of the malig knights are able to grab Bowbreaker, since the endgame is a bit tough without it =w= (heck it wasn't easy even WITH it)

As for the pairings, yeah I know Camilla!Velouria and Elise!Ophelia are technically more ideal than the route I've opted to go with, I just decided to do it the other way this time around to try things out (and also grab Nichol early) =3=

The optimal situation would yeah definitely be Elise!Ophelia, Camilla!Velouria and Beruka!Ignatius, but since I flubbed myself out of the chance to try Velouria and Keaton as wyverns in my last run, this time around I wanted to make sure to use them, even if it's with a slightly less optimal mom for her. I already know that Elise!Ophelia is a beast and I have little such doubts about Camilla!Velouria, don't get me wrong, I just wanted to try some other stuff out ~w~

I was actually rooting for Camilla and Odin.

I may be one of the few who think that pairing Elise and Odin screws the mechanics of the whole party early in the game in order to grind support between them. Either Elise ‘loses’ level-ups by being attached to Odin instead of healing every single turn, or Ophelia is ‘unlocked’ later than I would like to.

I will be following your campaign, mate.

Ahaha well, it's not as though my Elise was healing anyone anyway xD I DID decide to do Elise x Silas a bit late, which held us up while I ground to make up for not actively doing that sooner, but should be no more hangups now >3> 

Since folks are seemingly taking an interest =w= Here's our relevant team of fledglings, mama geese, and future wyverns so far: 

Spoiler

tumblr_pcnb3u0Rkr1shnqb4o7_250.jpgtumblr_pcnb3u0Rkr1shnqb4o9_250.jpgtumblr_pcnb3u0Rkr1shnqb4o8_250.jpg
tumblr_pcnb3u0Rkr1shnqb4o3_250.jpgtumblr_pcnb3u0Rkr1shnqb4o6_250.jpgtumblr_pcnb3u0Rkr1shnqb4o4_250.jpg
tumblr_pcnb3u0Rkr1shnqb4o5_250.jpgtumblr_pcnb3u0Rkr1shnqb4o2_250.jpgtumblr_pcnb3u0Rkr1shnqb4o1_250.jpg

^ these latter three all have their respective reclass partners available and will be switching over soon. Haven't yet decided if Odin will go samurai or wyvern first, but chances are Selena and Dwyer will be needing the only Heart Seals to show up for a while so he might have to wait for Vantage/Astra/etc. RIP

....oh, and the forged weapons are Thunder, Disrobing Gale, and Iron Sword respectively

Next to join should be Dwyer and Ophelia if all goes according to plan. 

11 hours ago, starburst said:

I was actually rooting for Camilla and Odin.

I may be one of the few who think that pairing Elise and Odin screws the mechanics of the whole party early in the game in order to grind support between them. Either Elise ‘loses’ level-ups by being attached to Odin instead of healing every single turn, or Ophelia is ‘unlocked’ later than I would like to.

I will be following your campaign, mate.

The fun way to do it is to send Elise into wyvern immediately, letting her build axe rank at a time when her high speed base, Strength +2, and a forged Bronze Axe can carry her. Early access to weapons makes her personal skill much more potent, too.

3 hours ago, Zoran said:

The fun way to do it is to send Elise into wyvern immediately, letting her build axe rank at a time when her high speed base, Strength +2, and a forged Bronze Axe can carry her. Early access to weapons makes her personal skill much more potent, too.

Having done exactly that this time around in my run, (instead of sending her through staffbot and strategist normally as I did in my first run) I absolutely condone this o3o)-b