The official Bartre is gud thread

1 minute ago, Junkhead said:

He's legit pretty solid in Heroes. For all people sleep on him, they could've built a 4*+10 by now at least...

He's basically dragon-less Cherche...

Which isn't an awful thing to be, all things considered.

Seems like a great guy in FE6, just what happened to him in FE7 with his brain? I'll definitely consider using him on my Normal Mode run of Binding if I ever find the chance to play the game (Echidna will be for my Hard run, like Juno). FE7, well his base Speed is a real rut, but he ends up being okay for all the investment. Props for being able to survive a level 5 Swordmaster with just bases + promotion bonuses, the Iron Rune, and a Swordreaver, thats real durable.

And quick question, which personality is his FEH self based on? For as shallow a reason as it is, I'd feel a little more compelled to use him in FEH if it was Fathre. Just asking for when I finally start up the game.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Seems like a great guy in FE6, just what happened to him in FE7 with his brain? I'll definitely consider using him on my Normal Mode run of Binding if I ever find the chance to play the game (Echidna will be for my Hard run, like Juno). FE7, well his base Speed is a real rut, but he ends up being okay for all the investment. Props for being able to survive a level 5 Swordmaster with just bases + promotion bonuses, the Iron Rune, and a Swordreaver, thats real durable.

That's more on Karla than Bartre. :P:

9 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

He's basically dragon-less Cherche...

Which isn't an awful thing to be, all things considered.

That's only if you narrow him down to that role (basically Brave Axe). He's basically Infantry Hector, if only Dorcas didn't have DC on his weapon.

I think bartre actually has the highest base strength in binding blade and comes with a brave axe, so he seems like a decent pre promoted warrior 

Edited by DisobeyedCargo

43 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Seems like a great guy in FE6, just what happened to him in FE7 with his brain?

He hadn't met Canas yet. 

Their support revolves around Canas trying to get Bartre to think, and Bartre trying to get Canas to even lift, bro. 

6 minutes ago, Slumber said:

He hadn't met Canas yet. 

Their support revolves around Canas trying to get Bartre to think, and Bartre trying to get Canas to even lift, bro. 

Bartre is a recruitable unit in FE6.  Canas is dead.

Ergo, read books, lift, and live.

Edited by eclipse

11 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Or

Canas just gives better advice. 

I'm sure at some point during their friendship, Bartre said he could lift an avalanche, and Canas took that to heart, when he really shouldn't have. 

10 minutes ago, eclipse said:

That must be why Hawkeye is dead in FE6, he never read. Sadly, this was despite having access to the vast libraries of Athos the 1000 year old Archsage, and his student Pent the handsome gent.

Or maybe it was because going around in desert shirtless, with the intense hot sun beating down on you all day, and sandstorms being airborne sandpaper, took a toll on his health. Nah, it can't be this, gotta be not reading.

4 minutes ago, Slumber said:

I'm sure at some point during their friendship, Bartre said he could lift an avalanche, and Canas took that to heart, when he really shouldn't have. 

You're close. Bartre told Canas to yell real hardily whenever bodybuilding, which didn't go over well. *Yearggghhhhhh!* *Avalanche*

“Mother… Forgive me… Take care… of…Hugh…”

And I pity Bartre, Renault hitting him in the eye was a low blow. Maybe FE6 Remake should give him an eye patch to reference this.

You know I wonder how many of these I can make before we get old of them

Anyway something funny is his constitution fluctuates between binding and blazing and depending on if he's promoted or not in blazing 

Edited by DisobeyedCargo

He used to be lowkey great in the pre skill inheritance, pre arena changes heroes meta. Because smite was quite useful(and he was one of the few units with fury) and he hard countered both Effie and Hector, which was a big deal back then since they could put teams in checkmate and were everywhere in high level arena due to high bst.

Edited by Cysx