Does anyone have any sort of logical explanation lore wise for Karel's growths

Coming in as a level 19 swordmaster in BB, Karel has by far the highest growth rates ever in the series, 100% or over in all stats. It's such an anomaly for a random swordmaster, or anyone really to have such high growths all across the board. I was wondering if there's was some sort of explanation for his growths somewhere in the lore, be it in Binding Blade or Blazing Sword. I'm sure it was put in there primarily As a joke since he gets only 1 level, but I'm curious if anyone has any theories.

4 minutes ago, Mister Rogers said:

idk he's found enlightenment?

I would second this. Perhaps becoming the Sword Saint made him reach some sort of state of maximun developtment... but having the mindset of "My time affecting this world is up" means he doesn't really capitalize on it (hence just a single level-up to represent his brief time helping out Roy, to show what he could reach if he kept improving himself).

I don't know... make sense to me trying to give some explanation to gameplay stuff...

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I would second this. Perhaps becoming the Sword Saint made him reach some sort of state of maximun developtment... but having the mindset of "My time affecting this world is up" means he doesn't really capitalize on it (hence just a single level-up to represent his brief time helping out Roy, to show what he could reach if he kept improving himself).

I don't know... make sense to me trying to give some explanation to gameplay stuff...

Isn't the sword saint just a title though given by the denizens of elibe to a strong wandering swordsman? I think Guy in his ending ended up being called the sword saint.

Imagine if he was lower level and came earlier, that would be awesome.

12 minutes ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

Isn't the sword saint just a title though given by the denizens of elibe to a strong wandering swordsman? I think Guy in his ending ended up being called the sword saint.

Mistranslation. Guy's title is meant to be something along the lines of Mounted Swordsman

Also the lore explanation of Karel's stats is easy, he's just working out through his lack of fighting experience(its explicitly stated that Karel stopped fighting and live peacefully in the village). So the level you get is meant to be him getting his groove back

1 minute ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Mistranslation. Guy's title is meant to be something along the lines of Mounted Swordsman

Also the lore explanation of Karel's stats is easy, he's just working out through his lack of fighting experience(its explicitly stated that Karel stopped fighting and live peacefully in the village). So the level you get is meant to be him getting his groove back

Mounted swordsman? Wow

if I'm correct it was supposed to say that he was capable of matching the sword saint in combat 

He's still quite capable of combat before the level despite being mediocre when put into context against the other units  and his growths did nothing but improve since his time as the sword demon. How did they improve so drastically

8 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Really?

So I guess his canon pairing is with Matthew.

10 minutes ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

Mounted swordsman? Wow

if I'm correct it was supposed to say that he was capable of matching the sword saint in combat 

He's still quite capable of combat before the level despite being mediocre when put into context against the other units  and his growths did nothing but improve since his time as the sword demon. How did they improve so drastically

most expert probably still retains a good deal of their expertise even if they don't do it much. Think of Karel L19 of him before warming up and his L20 as getting back on shape and you get the image

And the improvement the FE7 cast got between 7 to 6 is massive, to KArel had a good deal of precendence. Eliwood's sickness literally caused enough of a power vacuum to allow everything to go wrong in Lycia off of how super strong he is

8 minutes ago, Slumber said:

Really?

So I guess his canon pairing is with Matthew.

whoops i think i made a mistake

https://kantopia.wordpress.com/2016/06/16/fire-emblem-7-did-guy-become-the-sword-saint-or-like-the-sword-saint-jpneng/

Quoting the important one

Smooth Translation:

Up & Coming Swordsman

The Sacaen swordsman followed his dream and continued his journey to perfect his sword. Eventually, he was said to be able to rival the “Sword Saint” himself.

Literal Translation (for reference):

Advancing Swordsman

The Sacaen Swordsman followed his dream and continued his journey
to train with all his might. Afterward, his name would come to be known
as one that could [stand] side by side with the  “Sword Saint” himself.

For that uhhh

Thieves traditionally have busted growth rate so for someone who is called Advancing Swordsman, his spouse is probably llikely a Thief. 100% confirmed canon in every timeline.

4 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

most expert probably still retains a good deal of their expertise even if they don't do it much. Think of Karel L19 of him before warming up and his L20 as getting back on shape and you get the image

And the improvement the FE7 cast got between 7 to 6 is massive, to KArel had a good deal of precendence. Eliwood's sickness literally caused enough of a power vacuum to allow everything to go wrong in Lycia off of how super strong he is

Makes sense I suppose

Think about it like this. Kenshin Himura retired from his old samurai ways and doesn't fight at full strength when battle comes to him. By fightning however, he goes back to his old ways as his muscle memory starts to kick in and becomes the Battousai.

Same thing for Karel. He starts somewhat good, by leveling a single level, that represents his muscle memory starting to kick in and go back to his old fightning self.

Edited by DiogoJorge

9 hours ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

Well, the Guy thing was already explained, but the Sword Saint thing wasn't just a title. Karel went through a full shift in personality and state of mind. That's bound to change a few things as well, as usually presented in fiction...

I think I've seen those Reverse Recruitments things people do, where Karel becomes pretty much the Lord in Binding Blade. He starts with a bunch of 0's in his stats. lol Keeping his growths, though, once a few levels are managed...

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Well, the Guy thing was already explained, but the Sword Saint thing wasn't just a title. Karel went through a full shift in personality and state of mind. That's bound to change a few things as well, as usually presented in fiction...

I think I've seen those Reverse Recruitments things people do, where Karel becomes pretty much the Lord in Binding Blade. He starts with a bunch of 0's in his stats. lol Keeping his growths, though, once a few levels are managed...

Ah makes sense 

I may have to do that that sounds awesome. Does he wind up with around the same base stats that he would have for his Normal jointe?

4 minutes ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

Ah makes sense 

I may have to do that that sounds awesome. Does he wind up with around the same base stats that he would have for his Normal jointe?

I don't think so. If you mean starting bases, those start so low because the way RR works is that stat reductions work backwards, so with Karel's big growths, he begins with a few 0's in his stats. If you mean reaching his normal game bases once leveled back up... well, his growths ensure he caps everything long before reaching his regular game level (assuming level 20 promotion), even if some start at 0 during RR.

19 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I don't think so. If you mean starting bases, those start so low because the way RR works is that stat reductions work backwards, so with Karel's big growths, he begins with a few 0's in his stats. If you mean reaching his normal game bases once leveled back up... well, his growths ensure he caps everything long before reaching his regular game level (assuming level 20 promotion), even if some start at 0 during RR.

Ahhh okay