Rose tries to Ironman FE10 (most likely will fail)

Rose482

7 hours ago, Rose482 said:

And both Meg and Wendy <3 both are queens that should be loved.

I would if they were both usable, but they seem more like IS deliberately tried to create joke characters. Especially Wendy, who has the misfortune of being in THE Horse Emblem game (aside from Genealogy, anyway), as well as joining right as the already big maps are getting even bigger. Not to mention being nigh unusable without serious turtling or wasting two more unit slots on terrible units. And did I mention that her joining time screws her over?

Edited by Shadow Mir

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, Rose482 said:

Really the  2 reasons I don't want to use Aran are 

1: I want to use Nephenee, now I know you can use them both and everything will be fine, but I want to try and avoid using too much of the same class ;;

2: He's level 9, meaning i will have to give him 11 level ups to reach 20....which isn't easy, like I'm already worried that I may not be able to get Meg to 20, and adding a unit who's also on a low level to train won't do me any good I think ;____; 

And yes I wouldn't had survived this chapter without Sothe and Volug lol. 

What are the differences between Aran and Nephenee?

Basically they give you Volug to make hard mode tolerable

10 hours ago, Rose482 said:

Really the  2 reasons I don't want to use Aran are 

1: I want to use Nephenee, now I know you can use them both and everything will be fine, but I want to try and avoid using too much of the same class ;;

2: He's level 9, meaning i will have to give him 11 level ups to reach 20....which isn't easy, like I'm already worried that I may not be able to get Meg to 20, and adding a unit who's also on a low level to train won't do me any good I think ;____; 

And yes I wouldn't had survived this chapter without Sothe and Volug lol. 

Basically they give you Volug to make hard mode tolerable

11 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

Which is assuming that (1) Laura survives to endgame, (2) that she can get to third tier by then, and (3) that she can get to S rank. Also, Nosferatu isn't really worth blessing imo.

which is why the take is...... hot

15 minutes ago, 1% Critical Hit said:

The former is stronger and more (physically) defensive, the latter is more speedy.

8 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

The former is stronger and more (physically) defensive, the latter is more speedy.

Oh, yeah! Now I remember that Nephenee always could double the enemy!

I doubleposted suddenly and I don't know how

Yeah I just prefer Nephenee over Aran ;; and I know my Aran is getting speed blesses, but I don't want to count on his 30% something speed growth in the far run if I don't have too.

Anyway, lets start chapter 6 now 0: We got 3 new units

pSxl0zg.jpg?1

Those base stats though 0__0 yeah he's a beast, and kill anything in his way, but of course it would be a waste of exp to give him kills, so I will only use him when needed.

ZzryOZq.jpg?1

Jill <3 Sadly I don't see myself using her much :/ really I can only focus on only a few units who aren't promoted, and I'm already focusing on Ilyana/Meg/Nolan, so sadly I don't think I have a spot left for Jill :/ She's a flying unit though, so having her around is still going to be nice.

KSfum8e.jpg?1

Zihark <3 <3 <3 I will be using Zihark, but of course I will try to not give him kills as he doesn't need the exp right now, also while i do think Meg x Zhiark is funny/cute, I think I like Zihark x Ilyana more : P they should had have a ending together ;; 

As for shopping wise this chapter:

I got Micaiah another Light tome, she needed it.

I got Sothe an iron and Bronze daggers.

And finally I got Zihark an Iron sword and a Steel sword.

asNb61X.jpg?1

I also made these two support with each other, becasue again, why not : P ?

And I didn't really change anything when it comes to skills, now lets finally start the chapter :0

UJLa7FT.jpg?1

I believe this is the only chapter in this whole  game where it's split into two parts, there isn't even a boss in this part lol V_V I'm not too worried for this part, really the second part is what's worrying me.

qdOJhas.jpg?1

lol Sothe not letting me take a screenshot of him <3 Too bad he wasn't fast enough and I got a shot of his....leg : )

*Me before the chapter started*

me: I WILL PROTECT MEG AND KEEP HER OUT OF HARM'S WAY!!!

*Me once the chapter started*

Gx6BATw.jpg?1

57qzEGd.jpg?1

These magic users not even being able to damage Micaiah <3 queen of res.

t9ZM7AL.jpg?1

Leonardo got sooooo lucky, these pegasus knights went after him and had he not dodged one of their attacks, he would had died V_V it's really my fault for leaving him in the open like this, but I didn't have much choice ;; I have so many other units that I needed to make sure are also out of their range.

S4Aj27g.jpg?1

I love my queen <3

hBOBX4H.jpg?1

Speed and defense <3 This was a great level up.

lZVQnL1.jpg?1

Queen of Hp

K90E1RI.jpg?1

Leonardo is getting a good amount of kills this chapter so far : P 

LcSnfsB.jpg?1

I don't think Nolan has gotten defense once so far in this....but I'm glad he's getting a lot of speed, the fact he has that much speed and he still can't double anything is sad though ;; 

ZShtIsU.jpg?1

I will take it <3 her skill is low, and the more defense on her, the better.

EmDf1q4.jpg?1

Well that almost gave me a heart attack lol V_V the flying enemy units in this chapter are so annoying, Laura was doubled, but thankfully she dodged the first attack.

o8B3vJy.jpg?1

At least she got a good level up after all of that <3

And after taking care of the last enemy that attacked Laura, this part of this chapter was finally over ;; there was SOOOO many close calls in this one, Laura, Leonardo, Meg, and even Zihark all almost died this chapter but got lucky ;___;

Edited by Rose482

I like Ilyana a lot too, I share her problem with energy and food so take good care of her ;w;
Zihark and her look cute and definitely deserved an ending together!

Hopefully Zihark won't regret Meg's affection...
(speaking of beneficial of this support)

In all seriousness if you want to keep both alive till the end, then I would recommend to give Zihark a better support (Volug / Nolan) because he needs all the evasion he can get. Meg doesn't need as much, if her defense is fine. Part 3 is NOT a cakewalk AT ALL.

Also Nolan Looks like what Edward is supposed to be, just weaker. Seriously his combat is not good. He needs an earth support badly to cover his poor defense.

This chapter seemed so easy at first. However maybe using your pre-promotes more deliberately would have helped? MAybe have Tauroneo and Zihark form a wall against one side of your main group so that you weren't over run? Something like this:

nZbBOYW.png  (Yes I did the map on paint)

The Idea is that some Enemies will surround Nolan and he will kill them and then Tauroneo and Zihark will kill the enemies that come to them (Because they don't have any other target) and since they easilydie more and more come to attack them until there's not many left and the battle is manageable but that's just my thoughts :P

All of your unit made it alive which is nice, the last thing I want to see is Meg die seeing as you really want her to grow.

Critical <3 king of good taste, and yeah really I wish we had more pairs ending in FE10 ;; so many cute pairs not getting a ending together sucked, If i was on the FE10 writing team, I would have fixed this lol V_V

And thanks for the tips, Jules <3 I'm considering using the dragcoshield on Nolan at this point tbh, and yeah you have a point....I might need to rethink if I should make Meg and Zihark support with each other....Really this is something I need to figure out moving forward in this, do I want to make the SMART choices? Or the choices that I find fun? 

Aww nino <3 You making a map for this ;; Really it's the flying enemy units that gave me a lot of trouble, but hey it was fun seeing Leonardo being able to one-shot something for a change : P 

2 minutes ago, Rose482 said:

Aww nino <3 You making a map for this ;; Really it's the flying enemy units that gave me a lot of trouble, but hey it was fun seeing Leonardo being able to one-shot something for a change : P 

Well I'm doing my best :P  Really It's just that my historian geek can not talk about battle strategies if there is no map and if there's no photoshop then I use paint :P

Yeah I suspected the Luftwaffe were the trouble, I don't know where exactly they reinforce but I figured it was from the north and yeah I love it when effeciveness is x3 and not x2 because if they are x2 then they are really weak, however archers are also underrated in the fact that they are weak, I think archers should retain their "No-1-range" problem but have higher stats since Archers have always been very strong, they weren't just suport, heck when the French threatened the deadly English longbow-men in the 100 years war with cutting their middle and index finger since the archers were usually never reached they always showed both of those fingers kind off like saying "Come and get them buttheads!" That's how deadly they were. So yeah generic Archers should just have higher average stats than the other classes. (What a long rant for such a simple thing).Anyway Leonardo is cool and Nolan definetely should have the Drcoshield, reinforce his already high HP.

I think Meg and Leo are best used as cannon fodder for 3-13 so good job keeping them alive.

I absolutely love using Laura in radiant dawn.  I acknowledge that she's not the best unit but what the hell, I'll take an extra staff + purge user on Micaiah's team.  Especially fun in the endgame to get infinite purges and have her and micaiah trade it between each other as they bombard the dragons with impunity.

Edited by Coucher

36 minutes ago, Coucher said:

I think Meg and Leo are best used as cannon fodder for 3-13 so good job keeping them alive.

I absolutely love using Laura in radiant dawn.  I acknowledge that she's not the best unit but what the hell, I'll take an extra staff + purge user on Micaiah's team.  Especially fun in the endgame to get infinite purges and have her and micaiah trade it between each other as they bombard the dragons with impunity.

That was exactly what helped me during the endgame, I focused on Laura because she had potential to be good

3 hours ago, Coucher said:

I like using her too. However, I'm not really keen on the idea of blessing long range magic - it feels much more like some novelty imho when they could be better used eliminating problem enemies at earlier points in the game than saving them for blessing just for one specific chapter just for them to be near useless afterwards.

Laura is fun to use, and I do normally use her whenever I play FE10, but I wasn't sure if trying to use her on hard mode was a good idea or not ;__; 

Anyway lets start the final part of Chapter 6 now, also I gave Nolan the Drcoshield before I started this chapter, he has now 11 defense <3

Yho0fZ4.jpg?1

This map is so big, I can't even catch it all in a screenshot ;-; also someone is sooooo dying this chapter, also there is a hidden item on this chapter, a master seal, so I need to make sure Sothe picks it up, really I think i'm going to split my team in half for this chapter, a group will go west, and the other will go north.

7ngZxgb.jpg?1

OMG Ilyana missed...if there is a chapter where you CAN'T miss, it's this one.

UZuI27T.jpg?1

Queen of strength,  queen of speed, queen of Hp, queen of stats <3 

FgKb7RV.jpg?1

Really why does she have so much Hp?! And she got speed <3 also she's one point away from capping magic now.

diTxEvP.jpg?1

Ughhh these green units standing where I wanted to place my units :rolleyes: Also Fiona almost died, and so I had to send Jill all the way over there to make sure nothing wrong happened.

pElzifw.jpg?1

I wish you guys would get a critical hit when I need it for once, and not just when it's not needed.

Z1cN5Km.jpg?1

OMG

ljT1ang.jpg?1

OMG

I almost lost both Laura and Nolan on the same turn....giphy.gif

e0AcjV7.jpg?1

Ugh, WHY CAN'T THEY GET A CRITICAL HIT WHEN I NEED IT, BUT WHEN I DON'T THEY GET IT ALL THE TIME ;;

aXrTBss.jpg?1

At least she got speed <3 her magic is not that great though I think, good thing I bought her that Spirit Dust few chapters ago, really I got it just for Ilyana becasue I know she sometimes can have trouble with magic.

A3M02gO.jpg?1

DhdnUL3.jpg?1

meanwhile on the other side of the map, Nolan got a level up after almost dying 10 times, I wish he got defense ;; but Strength and Speed is still good 

Also lets take a look at the boss now.

TMTCMcZ.jpg?1

lol that face, his stats are scary, but he can still easily get taken down by Micaiah, i'm going to try and make him walk into my range, he also drops Paragon <3 which is an amazing skill.

So the boss ended up coming at me sooner then I wanted ;; but I was able to give Meg the kill thankfully.

Eoeg5lu.jpg?1

She capped Res, and she's sooo strength blessed <3 even her defense is pretty nice, and she even has a nice speed as well :') 

It's finally over ;; I spent so much time in chapter, I'm so tired lol, the fact it got that close to losing Nolan and Laura scares me though V_V also ew I couldn't get Laura a level up this chapter :/ mostly becasue I had her rescued half the time in this chapter so she won't get killed, and just as soon as I wanted to her to do some healing, the boss moved ;-; 

Edited by Rose482

Meg is so blessed  she is: +2 HP, +str, -1 Mag, +1 Skl, +1 Spd, -1 Lck, +2 Def and +1 Res. And why can't I get a good unit like ever?

Yes my Meg is very blessed <3 I don't think I've ever had a Meg that had this much strength at this point in the game, also had I lost both Laura and Nolan I would had been crushed ;; So i'm glad I got very lucky.

Anyway lets start the next chapter now, I'm not sure if me updating this once a day is too slow or not? 

tdRUdYj.jpg?1

We also get Fiona after the last chapter....and just lol, now I've only ever used her once on normal mode, and she become a beast, but i will say this...training her is super hard, and this is coming from someone who doesn't mind training unit who have a bad starting level, so the fact I'm saying training Fiona is hard says a lot, I think the fact you only have two chapters with her to get her to level 20 isn't easy, I don't even want to know how harder all of this will be on hard mode, so yeah she's not being used becasue I'm not making this harder on myself.

Also as for what shopping I did this chapter:

Got Nolan an Steel axe.

Got Ilyana a new thunder tome

And got Laura a new healing staff

And that's it, didn't really buy much >.>

And as for skills, I only gave Paragon to Sothe, but the chances are I will remove it from him next chapter

Now lets start this chapter! 

DFGEP0k.jpg?1

I think we might have gotten to a point where the maps would be too big for me to capture it all in a screenshot ;-; anyway I don't really have much memories of this map for some reason? But I do remember that there is also a hidden master seal in here.

wnx1z0E.jpg?1

On turn 2 few green units join the map, Sothe can talk Tormod to make them all join the group, i'm going to hurry and do that before they steal too many kills from me.

Bwdv1Av.jpg?1

Okay getting Sothe to Tormod wasn't too hard, anyway Tormod stats <3 sadly however his growths aren't really the thing that stand in his way V_V but anyway he can pretty much kill anything this chapter, so I will only use him if needed. 

r85dh0w.jpg?1

We also got Muarim, that strength though 0__0 sadly however, he's a laguz, so I won't be even trying to use him.

yubpwwn.jpg?1

Vika, aka more Laguz that I won't be trying to use </3 maybe one day i will use them, but that day isn't today.

vn8hiR2.jpg?1

She capped magic <3 I wonder if there is someone out there who had a Micaiah that didn't cap magic/res/luck, I feel like she's guaranteed to cap them.

IhBByO6.jpg?1

Perfect, that's all I need Laura to get tbh.

s2GAW1X.jpg?1

Even more magic users who can't damage Micaiah to save their lives 

y3HGq1V.jpg?1

lol I will take it <3 we love a fast tank.

gdCZSJI.jpg?1

OMG

3LnNZpL.jpg?1

I DIDN'T KNOW THESE GUYS MOVED ;; THEY DIDN'T MOVE WHEN I WAS IN THEIR RANGE LAST ROUND, so idk why they moved now ;__________; 

llAkpcD.jpg?1

;______________; I feel like I just lost one of my best units, oh wait becasue I did V_V Nolan was so useful, i have no idea how I will survive this without him....

aumWLVW.jpg?1

At least Sothe got an okay level up, but ugh it hasn't been 2 rounds yet and I already miss Nolan ;; 

6HnzLdp.jpg?1

Not sure if I'm using Sothe too much, and i don't even care right now V_V

FlacRJ7.jpg?1

We love a strong fast tank <3

kPdBi9D.jpg?1

Magic and defense <3  

fooY6kN.jpg?1

So many levels up and we still aren't anywhere near finishing this chapter lol ;; but Laura got another good level up <3 

cH2rPB5.jpg?1

Speed and Defense <3 <3 <3 she's also one point away from capping Res.

9K9WG46.jpg?1

I miss Nolan ;___;

aXIpylN.jpg?1

Meg got another level, I believe this is her third this chapter? Wow, also she got strength again <3 Isn't her strength growth only 35%? Just wow.

And okay finally now all that's left is the boss.

eWKQqt8.jpg?1

His stats are scary, but one use of Thani on him should be all needed to take him down.

RTe3veq.jpg?1

But first I made Laura heal meg, which got her a level up, her third level up this chapter <3 I guess that tells you how much time I've spent on this chapter.

6KqmPL8.jpg?1

I also made Sothe steal a Vulnerary from the boss, which gave him a level up, but it wasn't a good one sadly :/

After taking care of the boss, this was finally over, I'm so upset about losing Nolan....I have no idea how I'm going to survive some of part 3 chapters without him ;____;

Edited by Rose482

Tbf you still have Aran as replacement for Nolan. He's slower, but can take more hits. It's still not too late to use him. However Tarvos is a great weapon and losing an earth support also hurts. Still Zihark × Volug is an option.

Also these three guys who killed Nolan have a special acting behavior. All three will start to move when someone is two spaces away of one of them. 

Edited by Jules

I believe my Aran is level 9, and I only have two chapters left where I can use him....I'm not sure if he can catch up V_V Like there is no way i'm getting him to level 20, but I will consider it tbh, like i don't see myself using him long-term, but he might be useful for part 3. 

On 8/3/2018 at 2:48 AM, Shadow Mir said:

I like using her too. However, I'm not really keen on the idea of blessing long range magic - it feels much more like some novelty imho when they could be better used eliminating problem enemies at earlier points in the game than saving them for blessing just for one specific chapter just for them to be near useless afterwards.

Ah my friend.  What you need to do is add Sanaki and Soren and Laguz gem Reyson to the mix.  Then you get 8x long ranged magic attacks per turn, it is absurdly fun.

It ain't to difficult to train up 2 staff users - I think they'll pretty much always be deployed in every micaiah chapter.