Which class would you like for the Three Houses Jeigan archetype?

Which class should the Three Houses Jeigan be?  

117 members have voted

1. 1. Which class should the Three Houses Jeigan be?

• Great Lord
    • Paladin
    • Great Knight
    • General
    • Hero
    • Bow Knight
    • Swordmaster
    • Rogue/Assassin
    • Trickster
    • Warrior
    • Berserker
    • Sniper
    • Falcon Knight
    • Wyvern Lord
    • Sage/Sorceror
    • Dark Knight
    • Bishop
    • Valkyrie
    • Dancer
    • Manakete/Dragon/Beast
    • Other (Explain)

3 minutes ago, Etheus said:

I think that Volug could technically be counted as a Laguz Jeigan. He comes in significantly stronger than most of Micaiah's team, is always transformed, is great as a meatshield, and grows terribly because of his reduced xp gains.

No mention of his growths in most all non-HP/Luck stats being trash? I am disappointed. 

Anyway, to the question, I would say Paladin or Great Knight.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

No mention of his growths in most all non-HP/Luck stats being trash? I am disappointed. 

Anyway, to the question, I would say Paladin or Great Knight.

I couldn't be bothered to look up his growth rates for the simple reason that even if he had incredible growth rates, his low xp gains would still make him scale poorly. 

Edited by Etheus

16 minutes ago, Etheus said:

I think that Volug could technically be counted as a Laguz Jeigan. He comes in significantly stronger than most of Micaiah's team, is always transformed, is great as a meatshield, and grows terribly because of his reduced xp gains.

I forgot about that, you have a point there. In fairness though pretty much all of the Laguz have bad growths, but they're so fun to use. But generally most of them don't need much to stay good throughout the game. Emphasis on most.

11 minutes ago, Etheus said:

I couldn't be bothered to look up his growth rates for the simple reason that even if he had incredible growth rates, his low xp gains would still make him scale poorly. 

Fair enough.

3 hours ago, vanguard333 said:

I would normally say paladin. However, based on what we know of the game so far with the Church of Seiros (someone let me know if I spelled it incorrectly), I think a Bishop Jeigan would make a lot of sense. 

The trailer dialogue seems to possibly cast them as the villains, however. The alignment of the Church is going to be a determining factor in whether or not this makes sense.

9 hours ago, Etheus said:

The trailer dialogue seems to possibly cast them as the villains, however. The alignment of the Church is going to be a determining factor in whether or not this makes sense.

True; I was thinking along the lines of a retired bishop or a bishop who, if the Church of Seiros are bad, chooses to help the kids. There could be a few different ways it would make sense even if the Church of Seiros is bad. 

rogue/assassin, hear me out:

i imagine an assassin employed by nobility works closely with the heads of the house and is versed in a lot of different trades, including political maneuvering and scouting/spying, in addition to the classic, you know...killing people part. i feel like that'd be an interesting take storywise so that the Jeigan provides an overall more informative role rather than just a physically present one to the lord...

though gameplaywise for the class, i'm not thinking typical rogue/assassin. i'd want this class to use daggers not swords, to provide debuffs to help the baby duckling units snag kills, in addition to them having staves/healing (assassins know all about healing/poisons/antidotes right?), basically being more of a utility class. i'm basically thinking a Maid/Butler but without the Maid/Butler aspect :P

Edited by wizzard of soz

Personally I'd like a Solider/Halberd class Jeigan. 

Soldier doesn't get enough love as a class, and I think it would be cool to have an old Vet type character use Lances. Though that may be a little Generic since it's essentially an unmounted Jeigan. 

General would be pretty cool too. 

On 7/29/2018 at 6:33 PM, vanguard333 said:

I would normally say paladin. However, based on what we know of the game so far with the Church of Seiros (someone let me know if I spelled it incorrectly), I think a Bishop Jeigan would make a lot of sense. 

If they did... Chances are they would pull a Bravely Second and have such a character only for them to turn out to be the mole.

Edited by Shadow Mir

12 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

If they did... Chances are they would pull a Bravely Second and have such a character only for them to turn out to be the mole.

Spoiler

Spoilers; I'm still deciding whether or not to get the game... Just kidding; I figured those two guys in the demo would turn out to be dead or traitors, considering they aren't among the four playable characters in the game itself.

In all seriousness, while that's certainly a possibility, I think it would (Path of Radiance spoilers ahead)

Spoiler

Be a Nasir situation where he ends up helping the good guys in the end. 

Edited by vanguard333

I was thinking that perhaps an evil/traitor Jeigan (like Orson) would be fun to play around with. 

The party would start out with an overleveled and seemingly kindly Bishop (or Paladin or whatever). This Jeigan would be equipped with 2 strong skills. The first would reduce any struck enemy to 1 hp (a gameplay representation of them faking their allegiance while also serving the gameplay purpose of setting up kills for your team) and the second would passively reduce the damage your team takes. At a certain pre-determined point at which your team would no longer need a Jeigan, their allegiance would flip and they would become one of the major antagonists.

Edited by Etheus

A magic/healer Jeigan would be nice. I voted for the class to be Valkyrie, but a Bishop, Sage, Sorceror etc. would also work for that. I would want them to be able to fight as well, but having a staff with the case of Valkyrie/Sage/Bishop would be useful into late game. 

4 hours ago, Etheus said:

I was thinking that perhaps an evil/traitor Jeigan (like Orson) would be fun to play around with. 

The party would start out with an overleveled and seemingly kindly Bishop (or Paladin or whatever). This Jeigan would be equipped with 2 strong skills. The first would reduce any struck enemy to 1 hp (a gameplay representation of them faking their allegiance while also serving the gameplay purpose of setting up kills for your team) and the second would passively reduce the damage your team takes. At a certain pre-determined point at which your team would no longer need a Jeigan, their allegiance would flip and they would become one of the major antagonists.

You're the second person to suggest a traitor bishop. 

Spoiler

Nikolai's treachery in Bravely Second really had an effect on players; didn't it?

In all seriousness, that sounds interesting. 

I voted for Dark Knight in part because the only default Dark Knight we have in the series thus far is Leo. Additionally, I'd like to see some form of adept Dark Knight that ultimately is available right off the bat and is a good introduction to Magic users for beginners.

Bonus points if it's a female since I don't rightly recall any Female Jeigans in the series.

Edited by Light Strategist

2 hours ago, Light Strategist said:

I voted for Dark Knight in part because the only default Dark Knight we have in the series thus far is Leo. Additionally, I'd like to see some form of adept Dark Knight that ultimately is available right off the bat and is a good introduction to Magic users for beginners.

Bonus points if it's a female since I don't rightly recall any Female Jeigans in the series.

Titania is the only one that comes to mind. I guess there's one in FE5, but i never played it to know.

Correct me if I'm wrong as I'm only familiar with Birthright and the first three acts of SoV but a Jeigan is a unit that makes the early game easier, right? In that case I would love to see a Witch as the Jeigan. I loved Orochi as a Witch class in Birthright and to see a magic user who can traverse the map quickly as a Jeigan could make for some fun gameplay.

• 3 weeks later...

I voted Great Knight since they're typically more useful than Paladins~ I'd be fine with another class entirely like an Assassin/Rogue/etc or maybe even a Wyvern Lord since I imagine they'll want them to maintain high Movement for early maps~

11 hours ago, Landmaster said:

I voted Great Knight since they're typically more useful than Paladins~ I'd be fine with another class entirely like an Assassin/Rogue/etc or maybe even a Wyvern Lord since I imagine they'll want them to maintain high Movement for early maps~

Bold: Erm, what?

1 hour ago, Landmaster said:

I use Great Knights far more than Paladins since they have more Weapon options~

Fair enough. Personally, I find them to be worse off than Paladins, especially in Sacred Stones, which only gave them foot unit movement.

7 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

Fair enough. Personally, I find them to be worse off than Paladins, especially in Sacred Stones, which only gave them foot unit movement.

True, it depends on the game, but I generally find myself rarely using Paladins as opposed to Great Knights~