Which class would you like for the Three Houses Jeigan archetype?

Which class should the Three Houses Jeigan be?  

117 members have voted

1. 1. Which class should the Three Houses Jeigan be?

• Great Lord
    • Paladin
    • Great Knight
    • General
    • Hero
    • Bow Knight
    • Swordmaster
    • Rogue/Assassin
    • Trickster
    • Warrior
    • Berserker
    • Sniper
    • Falcon Knight
    • Wyvern Lord
    • Sage/Sorceror
    • Dark Knight
    • Bishop
    • Valkyrie
    • Dancer
    • Manakete/Dragon/Beast
    • Other (Explain)

6 hours ago, Taho said:

Considering what we've seen in the trailer, it would make a lot of sense that Byleth is the Jaigen archetype of this FE game. Not sure what class he's going to be (apart from the fact that he wields swords in the trailer... many classes use swords). He might be a new class, "Teacher" or "Instructor", which would fit in well with the princely military academy theory, where Byleth trains all three main lords (explaining their similar outfits). It could be a tier 2 class. I do hope, however, that it will be a 3 tier game like RD, so Byleth remains usable in endgame, like Sothe and, arguably, Titania in PoR (with some reset-levelling and RNG abuse)

That's a lot of "ifs", but I think it makes sense. Whether Byleth is a customisable character still remains to be seen, and considering the backlash they got on previous MU and avatar type characters, I'm not sure that's the way they're going to go. Can't wait to learn more aout it!

I don't see why in the world would they go backwards in customization of avatars that's definitely a dumb move I don't see them doing unless they go the persona route (even then P3P exclusively had a female MC so) and rip girls that want to S Rank their picked husbandos if that were the case. Also Robin was very well liked but Corrin is mixed I don't really know his/her reception in JP(which I feel matters more) but from where I check it's definitely not bad compared to elsewhere. Robin also might as well been a jeigan in this outlook since he's extremely intelligent, can see stats, guide other units on the map etc since tacticians are also advisors similar to Byleth and he can class change so there's nothing wrong with striving for more than you already acheive. So I don't see a jeigan for Byleth since all that I explained already, as well as they aren't very old like what the Archetype represents and potentially ruin his combat prowess in the very long run especially with customizable stats. He's very likely customizable too since official sites dub him 'protagonist' like the JP site did for Corrin and english sites overall says 'you', 'your character' for both, and now new 'your protagonist' with no default name given at all.

Edited by Regal Edelgard Axe Master

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Regal Edelgard Axe Master said:

I don't see why in the world would they go backwards in customization of avatars that's definitely a dumb move I don't see them doing unless they go the persona route (even then P3P exclusively had a female MC so) and rip girls that want to S Rank their picked husbandos if that were the case. Also Robin was very well liked but Corrin is mixed I don't really know his/her reception in JP(which I feel matters more) but from where I check it's definitely not bad compared to elsewhere. Robin also might as well been a jeigan in this outlook since he's extremely intelligent, can see stats, guide other units on the map etc since tacticians are also advisors similar to Byleth and he can class change so there's nothing wrong with striving for more than you already acheive. So I don't see a jeigan for Byleth since all that I explained already and potentially ruin his combat prowess in the very long run especially with customizable stats. He's very likely customizable too since official sites dub him 'protagonist' like the JP site did for Corrin and english sites overall says 'you', 'your character' for both, and now new 'your protagonist' with no default name given at all.

If the protagonist is indeed customizable, than I'd be okay with that.

I actually hope that Byleth is a customisable character; I have no problem with avatars and MU (even though I agree with most of the criticism levelled at Corrin in Fates). I didn't know they had labelled Byleth "You" / "Your protagonist" on the official website, so obviously, there should be a certain amount of freedom in what we do with this character, but you never know. They did go back on weapon durability, so they might also skip the customisation and force another blue-haired hero on us ;)