Fire Emblem HHM S rank run

DiogoJorge

10 hours ago, Critical Sniper said:

He is actually a bit underrated though, everyone either likes or hates both Hector and Lyn but everyone forgets about Eliwood. and his good promotion even.

Yeah his Res should grow, I never understood how having more armor makes you weak to magic if anything I'm less likely to be scorched away with fire and metal conducts electricity but it goes around the perimeter.

I hate when something like this happens, a unit keeps dissapointing someone and warping his idea of him don't let that fool ya he is doubling most things in this chapter because they all are slow bow users.

Holy! Why the 10 levels? his offensive is still lackluster look at that strength and defense, all when Legault comes with the same Strength and speed and no exp required!

I know you feel like defending Kent but it is just defense it's a bad level, funnily enough you can see yourself he isn't much faster than Sain but much weaker than him, that skill though!

Yeah considering she also only gets 1 point of speed upon promotion although I very doubt you don't early promote, I reccomend early promoting her though because it quickly fixes her strength issues. Who are you supporting her with if you can? I reccomend Sain it helps both their hit and offensive to OP levels.

If only he had the movement to go far and contribute other than from the starting position.

Hector being Hector.

Image result for dinosaurio fabuloso

Chapter 25 seems like a pain.

Anyway I noticed Raven got no levels, what? He's fabulous
Image result for dinosaurio fabuloso

Kent got 2 bad level ups in a row, that's the only reason why Sain is somehow able to keep up with Kent. With Kent having 11 DEF, Sain might as well say his prayers, because there's a high chance Kent will be the superior one now, same for Marcus, who is getting outanked by Kent. For now Marcus is still a bit better, but let's see how long he will last.

Matthew got some of his levels from Lyn mode. The rest comes from finishing off some pegasus and dealing with a good deal of brigands in chapter 13. I plan to use both and make both lv 20 for the experience rank, doesn't matter which I use, as long as they both reach that level, once done, Legault will be the main thief, but Matthew will still see some use if I feel like deploying 2 of those.

I don't early promote usually, it hurts the experience rank and  unit's stats. Raven is usually the only unit I do so, and usually at lv 18 or so by chapter 22.  Rebecca is doing fine until lv 20, usually. If needed be, one can always use Wil and if that fails, Rath.

Raven was busy recruiting Lucius. He killed an archer, that's it. Kind of like Guy, he doesn't see much action in their recruitment chapters.

Edited by DiogoJorge

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, DiogoJorge said:

Kent got 2 bad level ups in a row, that's the only reason why Sain is somehow able to keep up with Kent. With Kent having 11 DEF, Sain might as well say his prayers, because there's a high chance Kent will be the superior one now, same for Marcus, who is getting outanked by Kent. For now Marcus is still a bit better, but let's see how long he will last.

Oh sure Kent is tankier than Sain by 5% more and 1 less def at base and Sain got bad level ups too that shows he isn't exactly a bad unit. Marcus still is far ahead in the movement range, ranks strength and resistance.

Matthew got some of his levels from Lyn mode. The rest comes from finishing off some pegasus and dealing with a good deal of brigands in chapter 13. I plan to use both and make both lv 20 for the experience rank, doesn't matter which I use, as long as they both reach that level, once done, Legault will be the main thief, but Matthew will still see some use if I feel like deploying 2 of those.

Yeah I guess. Oh you'll be using 2 thiefs for the desert chapter won't ya?

I don't early promote usually, it hurts the experience rank and  unit's stats. Raven is usually the only unit I do so, and usually at lv 18 or so by chapter 22.  Rebecca is doing fine until lv 20, usually. If needed be, one can always use Wil and if that fails, Rath

Level 18 is not early promoting, it's promoting any level below 15. At what point does Rebecca turn good? I always have her at level 10 and it just becomes more useful to get that +3 strength bonus immediately than through more chapters. I have never used Wil or Rath longterm.

Raven was busy recruiting Lucius. He killed an archer, that's it. Kind of like Guy, he doesn't see much action in their recruitment chapters.

Oh right I usually have Raven kill the boss and some knights for a level up and then get back to Lucius. That's bad design if one of your units becomes forgetable or hinders another's tility by having to go all the other way around.

Hey don't quote the entire thing if you're not going to respond to it, it made me want to know what you said about the fabulous thing but you didn't. There's like a button here that lets you put blank boxes for you to copy and paste what the other says or you can select what the other person says and a button will show sayiing "quote this" and it also helps you reduce the size of the messages

1 hour ago, Critical Sniper said:

Oh sure Kent is tankier than Sain by 5% more and 1 less def at base and Sain got bad level ups too that shows he isn't exactly a bad unit. Marcus still is far ahead in the movement range, ranks strength and resistance.

Yeah I guess. Oh you'll be using 2 thiefs for the desert chapter won't ya?

Level 18 is not early promoting, it's promoting any level below 15. At what point does Rebecca turn good? I always have her at level 10 and it just becomes more useful to get that +3 strength bonus immediately than through more chapters. I have never used Wil or Rath longterm.

Oh right I usually have Raven kill the boss and some knights for a level up and then get back to Lucius. That's bad design if one of your units becomes forgetable or hinders another's tility by having to go all the other way around.

Hey don't quote the entire thing if you're not going to respond to it, it made me want to know what you said about the fabulous thing but you didn't. There's like a button here that lets you put blank boxes for you to copy and paste what the other says or you can select what the other person says and a button will show sayiing "quote this" and it also helps you reduce the size of the messages

Kent had a bit more over Sain in DEF as well SPD and SKL, so he got the dracoshield as he deserved. Far ahead? Who cares about a mere point in movement? RES is really the only thing he has over Kent, since Kent will soon enough after promotion have 15 STR while being faster than Marcus and having better HP. 

Probably. It has a requirement of 9 turns, so 2 thieves will make it go faster. It all comes down to whetever one achieves 500 XP or not in that period of time, a few more turns doesn't hurt much.

She's usually good by lv 10. No way, I won't waste opportunities to raise her SPD and STR growths, early promoting will make her lose STR and specially SPD which she wants. 

Raven is good even with that little problem, backtracking is a bad move, but it hardly ruins the chapter. Honestly, I find it more anoying that you can barely catch that thief by rushing like hell, than the whole Raven scenario in this chapter.

I don't have nothing to say about that, because it smelled like memes and I don't like memes. I used the word whitout knowledge that it would be related to some meme.

Edited by DiogoJorge

3 minutes ago, DiogoJorge said:

Kent had an heads up over Sain in DEF, so he got the dracoshield as he deserved. Far ahead? Who cares about a mere point in movement? RES is really the only thing he has over Kent, since Kent will soon enough after promotion have 15 STR while being faster than Marcus and having better HP. 

Oh so that's why he had 11 def otherwise he would have had 9. 1 point accumulates itself over a few turns actually, and even if Kent promotes at level 20 his average strength is still only 14 which Marcus beats with no investment. I also want to bring up the point that it's not hard to get Marcus some level ups I have him at level 6 and that's because I keep neglecting him since chapter 20 but otherwise he would be level 8 by now and his speed would have grown heck even in FE6 I find him very useful.

10 minutes ago, DiogoJorge said:

Probably. It has a requirement of 9 turns, so 2 thieves will make it go faster. It all comes down to whetever one achieves 500 XP or not in that period of time, a few more turns doesn't hurt much.

It's actually 700 XP though so you are forced to bring some low level units just to get that requirement. I was playing that level recently which is why I asked and I had to bring Wil and Florina and it was hilarious, Wil kills stuff with that OP Rebecca support, talking about that are you going to support her with anyone? I guess you're not using Dart or Wil or Lowen or Sain but there is one option left with a good support... Nino?

15 minutes ago, DiogoJorge said:

She's usually good by lv 10. No way, I won't waste opportunities to raise her SPD and STR growths, early promoting will make her lose STR and specially SPD which she wants.

Really? She had 9 Speed and 6 strength for me at that point for which I just promoted her so she could actually kill things and it's not like promoting lowers your groeth rates it only lowers your exp rate which because of the promotion boost you still level up fine enough to deal with stronger enemies.

18 minutes ago, DiogoJorge said:

Raven is good even with that little problem, backtracking is a bad move, but it hardly ruins the chapter. Honestly, I find it more anoying that you can barely catch that thief by rushing like hell, than the whole Raven scenario in this chapter.

True that's just a thing that has always happened to me specially since I haven't played HHM yet. Oh? If that stair was in a corner or the thief just came one turn later how much would that affect the rushing?

20 minutes ago, DiogoJorge said:

I don't have nothing to say about that, because it smelled like memes and I don't like memes. I used the word whitout knowledge that it would be related to some meme.

Ok fine I won't use the meme again for you to be able to say fabulous with no worries... so... you didn't find it amusing? At all? 100% Serious Marcus old Idontcareaboutyourcrapnononsense face.... at all? Oh...

Glad to see this is back, nice clear as always. There's room for a few improvements in microing, like having Priscilla heal more instead of taking part in the rescue chain (which was pretty cool outside of that) since Matthew had enough time to get to the chest anyway, or trading a javelin to Oswin with Rebecca at the start to deal with the archer a bit faster, but the overal strategy worked really well.

All hail Marcus for charging through the enemy lines while holding a healer!

On 12-10-2018 at 2:18 PM, DiogoJorge said:

5bc090c0a3cf3_SrankBlazingSword_11.png.4f218be97110c38f44a00a4531644793.png

Oswin keeps that DEF coming. He won't be of much use later on, but he might be able to get me some more experience for the rank later on in chapter 25.

The exp rank is killing, yeah. You need all hte exp sponges you can get. It's kinda funny how Oswin goes from carrying your team (in part) to becoming an exp sponge later though, lol.

On 13-10-2018 at 11:35 PM, Critical Sniper said:

He is actually a bit underrated though, everyone either likes or hates both Hector and Lyn but everyone forgets about Eliwood. and his good promotion even.

His promition basicly making him a paladin (although an FE8 style paladin) is pretty cool, but he takes a good while to get there. And like... you can also just use a unit that starts with a mount instead of grinding Eliwood up and using an expensive heavens seal on him (the last part doesn't matter much in a casual playthrough, but it does in a ranked one).

On 14-10-2018 at 10:17 AM, DiogoJorge said:

You make it sound like you can use only one cavelier/paladin...

On 14-10-2018 at 6:54 PM, DiogoJorge said:

Kent had a bit more over Sain in DEF as well SPD and SKL, so he got the dracoshield as he deserved. Far ahead? Who cares about a mere point in movement? RES is really the only thing he has over Kent, since Kent will soon enough after promotion have 15 STR while being faster than Marcus and having better HP.

One point in movement can do more then you think. For instance, in this chapter, Marcus has an easier time then Kent in getting to the thief in time, since he can get there earlier if he moves optimal every turn, or just has the choice to sacrifice a bit of move for better positioning and still make it there at the same time.

Also, you forget to mention Sain has more strength then Kent, so on the frontline, he'd deal more damage and would have an easier time breaking through then Kent. I think it can be argued Sain can make even better use of that dracoshield then Kent.

On 14-10-2018 at 6:54 PM, DiogoJorge said:

I mean, you need to complete a chapter fast anyway in a ranked run, so I don't see it as a huge obstacle? Since Marcus can one shot the thief with a silver lance, you can be a tad slower and still make it, but not much. In a causal playthrough though, you can just sacrifice the silver sword and only kill the thief after he steals the knight crest, which gives you a bit more breathing room.

On 14-10-2018 at 7:17 PM, Critical Sniper said:

Oh so that's why he had 11 def otherwise he would have had 9. 1 point accumulates itself over a few turns actually, and even if Kent promotes at level 20 his average strength is still only 14 which Marcus beats with no investment.

It's 14 before promoting actually, 15 after, which ties with Marcus' base.

It's actually 700 XP though so you are forced to bring some low level units just to get that requirement. I was playing that level recently which is why I asked and I had to bring Wil and Florina and it was hilarious, Wil kills stuff with that OP Rebecca support, talking about that are you going to support her with anyone? I guess you're not using Dart or Wil or Lowen or Sain but there is one option left with a good support... Nino?

700 sounds like a lot, but the two bosses give a good amount of exp (likely 200 for just the kills, and quite possible a bit more from other combat) and you can bring Ninian (9 turns equals at least 90 exp, possibly more if you use her rings a bit) and staffbots (psysic, torch and barier are all useable at that point, and it's unlikely either priscilla or Serra are promoted at that point) to ease up on the requirement even more. In fact, if you get 250 exp from the bosses (which is basicly a chip and a kill on both), 180 from Ninian using a ring every turn for 9 turns, and Priscilla and Serra both average 15 exp per turn (which is what they get for using barier. Physic and torch both give more) you reach exactly 700, without even needing to fight generic enemies (which you should obviously still do to lighten the burden on your resources, but you get the point).

Really? She had 9 Speed and 6 strength for me at that point for which I just promoted her so she could actually kill things and it's not like promoting lowers your groeth rates it only lowers your exp rate which because of the promotion boost you still level up fine enough to deal with stronger enemies.

Her average at level 10 is around 8 str and 12 speed, so yours got rng screwed a bit.

Honestly, in a ranked run, I'd just keep her unpromoted if I was using her and let her take as much exp as possible while promoting some of my units who are better at carrying the run.

3 hours ago, Bartozio said:

His promition basicly making him a paladin (although an FE8 style paladin) is pretty cool, but he takes a good while to get there. And like... you can also just use a unit that starts with a mount instead of grinding Eliwood up and using an expensive heavens seal on him (the last part doesn't matter much in a casual playthrough, but it does in a ranked one).

Yeah I know but I think people really give him less credit, He is just decent he doesn't brag his def or his str or skl or luck he just has enough of both he is probably in the middle of a tier list not a grade of 50/100 just average good and that's it. Yeah his promotion just makes him a cavalier but it still is good.

It's 14 before promoting actually, 15 after, which ties with Marcus' base.

No it isn't a promotion at 20 gives you 14 https://serenesforest.net/blazing-sword/characters/average-stats/kent/

700 sounds like a lot, but the two bosses give a good amount of exp  and you can bring Ninian and staffbots to ease up on the requirement even more. In fact, if you get 250 exp from the bosses , 180 from Ninian using a ring every turn for 9 turns, and Priscilla and Serra both average 15 exp per turn  you reach exactly 700, without even needing to fight generic enemies.

Uh neat I guess.

Her average at level 10 is around 8 str and 12 speed, so yours got rng screwed a bit.

Honestly, in a ranked run, I'd just keep her unpromoted if I was using her and let her take as much exp as possible while promoting some of my units who are better at carrying the run.

Well I guess my brain will now randomly decide to memorize that because it's literally a range value of two from the level.

I mean if you won't use her long term but will use her for that amount of time it might be better to drop her off at level 10 when exp starts slowing down considerably (or was that just echoes?) and get another unit to get you more exp

Chapter 17x, done in 5 turns. Thanks to a lucky break, I was able to kill a lot of the experience giving enemies.

5bc5db5048b62_SrankBlazingSword_01.png.397a054d9df1ce7b111d70dd26ce1ebc.png

Hector is doing fine once again, still no RES, but what can one do?

5bc5dba6cf50a_SrankBlazingSword_02.png.571b617fa72e435b1ef220a09f0c8d06.png

Passable level up

5bc5dbbf5e4db_SrankBlazingSword_03.png.be7957010a86a37a600116499fb7f4b0.png

And Lyn manages to get a lucky break and kill both boss and and an unlucky axefighter.

5bc5dbf5f305e_SrankBlazingSword_04.png.e2f40f0e519b54792b67827f5c332095.png

As a result, 2 levels in a row. Not bad.

5bc5dc13b1193_SrankBlazingSword_05.png.369d72de38c29a25db80022b67bc2101.png

SPD is nice, but leaves a bit to be desired.

5bc5dc2eab52e_SrankBlazingSword_06.png.17b3c70337eff0e1bd74edd084f7a304.png

Raven is going to take a while before his growths start to kick in

5bc5dc5048a04_SrankBlazingSword_07.png.ca1f8ed8911c1afe4fb6770807140ed7.png

Meh, but she got 2 good levels, so one bad level is nothing at this point.

5bc5dc799e7a5_SrankBlazingSword_08.png.e54806e8e4ac2cee803c18e415e9618e.png

Good thing he got blessed in Lyn mode, otherwise, he might have been RNG screwed this time around. His next levels will be better.

Don't know if I should re-do this chapter or not due to the sheer luck factor in getting more kills than one would normally would.

Edited by DiogoJorge

Chapter 18 done in 7 turns.

5bd19f760c3d3_SrankBlazingSword_01.png.c91e54ef830bd5c6f9fc6581f8a775a8.png

Yeah... good luck hitting Lyn, you will need it.

5bd19f93ab951_SrankBlazingSword_02.png.8f19a7495f4830427d30135691714c0e.png

Meh, could be worse though

5bd19fabdb1a4_SrankBlazingSword_03.png.2f1449c48fe3e0c2ebcc10a4c7a85aa1.png

Passable

5bd19fbc8fcc1_SrankBlazingSword_04.png.9d633569780f0ca197ef84b4b951f07d.png

We get it Oswin, you like your DEF, you can stop now

5bd19fd8dd1f0_SrankBlazingSword_05.png.205fad44215370a96f028f12b9dbad0e.png

Considering she got 2 good level ups in a row, it evens out. Now she can pretty much double Uhai for sure, so it's not bad.

Unit evaluation for this chapter:

Hector 7/10

Lyn 8/10

Matthew 7/10

Kent 8/10

Marcus 8/10

Serra 8/10

Raven 6/10

Oswin 9/10

Edited by DiogoJorge

On 10/25/2018 at 5:52 AM, DiogoJorge said:

5bd19f760c3d3_SrankBlazingSword_01.png.c91e54ef830bd5c6f9fc6581f8a775a8.png

Yeah... good luck hitting Lyn, you will need it.

Say what? She has a lancereaver, that gives +30 Avoid, so if she were using anything else, the pegasus knight would have had 63% hit. So anyone can dodge enemies when they have a reaver weapon.

5bd19f93ab951_SrankBlazingSword_02.png.8f19a7495f4830427d30135691714c0e.png

Meh, could be worse though

Yeah, honestly though this is pretty fine right now, Skill and luck guarantess he will always hit when you need him the most which is what a Jagen should always do.

5bd19fabdb1a4_SrankBlazingSword_03.png.2f1449c48fe3e0c2ebcc10a4c7a85aa1.png

Passable

Oh I don't know if this ever happens to you bu for me every time I use Serra she doesnt level Mag until 3 or 4 levels even with that 50% growth.

5bd19fbc8fcc1_SrankBlazingSword_04.png.9d633569780f0ca197ef84b4b951f07d.png

We get it Oswin, you like your DEF, you can stop now

No he shouldn't because those enemies with reaver weapons and armorslayers did him some damage, also Strength and speed? Nice.

Considering she got 2 good level ups in a row, it evens out. Now she can pretty much double Uhai for sure, so it's not bad.

Yeah she is fast enough if she uses an Iron sword but with it Uhai's 14 def means she does no damage and using a Silver sword reduces her speed but she does 6 damage. Also her Def is low even with that high HP so she isn't that great against Uhai.

Unit evaluation for this chapter:

Hector 7/10

Lyn 8/10

Matthew 7/10

Kent 8/10

Marcus 8/10

Serra 8/10

Raven 6/10

Oswin 9/10

Hector should have more since he tanked and killed things without using expensive weapons' uses. Lyn should have 7.5 because she did need to be healed after every enemy phase. Matthew stole 2 promotion items, both are extremely valuable but a 6 would be more proper of him. Kent did fine honestly except for when he didn't kill the Shaman with just an Iron sowrd but needed a stronger weapon, it made me laugh. Marcus did pretty good I guess but I was expecting for him to get a lower score, since he killed a few units only. Serra was good. Raven didn't do much this chapter so I can't complain. Oswin was pretty good too.

18 hours ago, Critical Sniper said:

Say what? She has a lancereaver, that gives +30 Avoid, so if she were using anything else, the pegasus knight would have had 63% hit. So anyone can dodge enemies when they have a reaver weapon.

Yeah, honestly though this is pretty fine right now, Skill and luck guarantess he will always hit when you need him the most which is what a Jagen should always do.

Oh I don't know if this ever happens to you bu for me every time I use Serra she doesnt level Mag until 3 or 4 levels even with that 50% growth.

No he shouldn't because those enemies with reaver weapons and armorslayers did him some damage, also Strength and speed? Nice.

Yeah she is fast enough if she uses an Iron sword but with it Uhai's 14 def means she does no damage and using a Silver sword reduces her speed but she does 6 damage. Also her Def is low even with that high HP so she isn't that great against Uhai.

Hector should have more since he tanked and killed things without using expensive weapons' uses. Lyn should have 7.5 because she did need to be healed after every enemy phase. Matthew stole 2 promotion items, both are extremely valuable but a 6 would be more proper of him. Kent did fine honestly except for when he didn't kill the Shaman with just an Iron sowrd but needed a stronger weapon, it made me laugh. Marcus did pretty good I guess but I was expecting for him to get a lower score, since he killed a few units only. Serra was good. Raven didn't do much this chapter so I can't complain. Oswin was pretty good too.

That's kind of the point?  Lyn also has less DEF, which means that the pegasus will priotize attacking her over anyone else. That was the plan all along, forcing the pegasus to waste turns attacking Lyn and be killed at the same time.

Lyn has Mani Katti and her critical rate from it, Uhai may have some DEF, but he's still taking a good deal of damage from it. From my other playthrough, a Lyn with 10 STR was causing 12 damage per hit against him. She has 9 now, so that means 10 damage per hit, so it's good. Assuming she doesn't level a point in chapter 19 that is.

Shamans have some resilence compared to mages, so it's expected to have slightly more trouble killing them even with a decent STR stat and a iron sword..

Hector missed some attacks, as expected of hand axes bad accuracy, he is also not as important with dealing with the real threats here, the Shamans, which Lyn had little trouble surviving. While Hector still has no RES. Being healed is good, since it means more free experience for Serra, Lyn is meant to soak that damage.

Marcus served his purpose, to help clear a path. Him getting few kills is a good thing, since it means more experience for everyone else.

Edited by DiogoJorge

9 hours ago, DiogoJorge said:

Shamans have some resilence compared to mages, so it's expected to have slightly more trouble killing them even with a decent STR stat and a iron sword..

Yeah except that Sain can one shot the shamans at the same level Kent has right now with an Iron Sword, also I wouldn't really call Kent's Strength decent since his base is kinda low and it takes time for him to start 1RKOing, more time than it takes Sain to start doubling and hitting reliably.

Nice clears once again. I especially liked the chapter 17x one, where Florina could just calmly visit everything and talk to Fargus ignoring all the enemies.

Looking at chapter 18 though, the general strategy was fine, but you should maybe start considering rotating some of your "main" units out when they don't have a big role in maps. For instance, in this chapter, I think Sain could have done the same things Kent did, but Sain is 3 levels lower, so he'd have gained more exp for it. You could have also swapped Lyn's and Ravens role at the start, letting Raven (who is a lot lower leveled) get more kills and just more exp in general.

Small things for now really, but it might add up over time.

On 25-10-2018 at 12:52 PM, DiogoJorge said:

Boss killer Lyn in action! If only FE7 had more mounted/armor bosses.

On 26-10-2018 at 4:35 PM, Critical Sniper said:

I guess, but more str/def will really help his long term usefulness out a lot more. (and lol, who needs the little bit of extra hit from skill and luck when you have full WT control).

Hector should have more since he tanked and killed things without using expensive weapons' uses.

I mean, the only unit who used expensive weaponry was Lyn, so this isn't really a point in favor of Hector, and more a reason to lower Lyn's score?

Lyn should have 7.5 because she did need to be healed after every enemy phase.

She also killed the boss and fought all those enemy phases though?

Matthew stole 2 promotion items, both are extremely valuable but a 6 would be more proper of him.

I'd personally say stealing those two items and killing a shaman was worth more then Raven killing two steel lance!pegs tbh. (Also, promotion item and statbooster*)

Kent did fine honestly except for when he didn't kill the Shaman with just an Iron sowrd but needed a stronger weapon, it made me laugh. Marcus did pretty good I guess but I was expecting for him to get a lower score, since he killed a few units only. Serra was good. Raven didn't do much this chapter so I can't complain. Oswin was pretty good too.

Kent mostly showed why being a mounted unit is so good I think (both the movement and rescue utility). Also, him not killing that shaman with an iron sword says more about swords then it does about Kent I feel.

Marcus did a lot during the first enemy phase, and after that kept running around doing odd jobs here and there. I really don't think he ended up doing less then Hector and Kent (in fact, I'd even argue Hector could get a lower score).

12 hours ago, DiogoJorge said:

That's kind of the point?  Lyn also has less DEF, which means that the pegasus will priotize attacking her over anyone else. That was the plan all along, forcing the pegasus to waste turns attacking Lyn and be killed at the same time.

But wouldn't they have died attacking other units as well?

Lyn has Mani Katti and her critical rate from it, Uhai may have some DEF, but he's still taking a good deal of damage from it. From my other playthrough, a Lyn with 10 STR was causing 12 damage per hit against him. She has 9 now, so that means 10 damage per hit, so it's good. Assuming she doesn't level a point in chapter 19 that is.

Small detail, but it's 11 damage now. Effective damage only means the weapon might is doubled, so one less point of Str is still one less point of damage.

Marcus served his purpose, to help clear a path. Him getting few kills is a good thing, since it means more experience for everyone else.

I don't dissagree with this, but it's not really relevant when deciding his rating? Like, if Marcus gets less kills, it generally means he had less to do, so he was less useful. That shouldn't result in a higher rating... (I don't disagree with his rating btw, just with this being used as a counter argument).

2 hours ago, Bartozio said:

I guess, but more str/def will really help his long term usefulness out a lot more. (and lol, who needs the little bit of extra hit from skill and luck when you have full WT control).

I'd personally say stealing those two items and killing a shaman was worth more then Raven killing two steel lance!pegs tbh. (Also, promotion item and statbooster*)

Also, him not killing that shaman with an iron sword says more about swords then it does about Kent I feel.

Marcus has a lot of strength anyways though, as for his defense his bulk is good for now and once he needs more he will get more. Skill is a bit of an underrated stat, its one of those things people dont appreciate until they don't have it, same with luck although that stat's only purpose really is critical evade.

All those enemy phase enemies are 3 pegasus and 1 Shaman really, as for the boss she wasn't much better than anyone else, any other unit except Serra and Matthew had near identical CoS.

I only have two questions here. 1.- why do people use exclamation marks! for detailing weapons or saying L! Grima, isn't it just fine by not uisng the exclamation mark? 2.- What statbooster? Zeldam only gives you a statbooster on normal and even then the Guiding ring is droppable by a Shaman next to him.

I don't think so, Sain could have killed him in one hit, since the weapon might isnt the biggest factor but rather your own strength stat, Raven uses Swords and yet he is still very powerful.

10 hours ago, Bartozio said:

Nice clears once again. I especially liked the chapter 17x one, where Florina could just calmly visit everything and talk to Fargus ignoring all the enemies.

Looking at chapter 18 though, the general strategy was fine, but you should maybe start considering rotating some of your "main" units out when they don't have a big role in maps. For instance, in this chapter, I think Sain could have done the same things Kent did, but Sain is 3 levels lower, so he'd have gained more exp for it. You could have also swapped Lyn's and Ravens role at the start, letting Raven (who is a lot lower leveled) get more kills and just more exp in general.

Small things for now really, but it might add up over time.

Boss killer Lyn in action! If only FE7 had more mounted/armor bosses.

I mean, the only unit who used expensive weaponry was Lyn, so this isn't really a point in favor of Hector, and more a reason to lower Lyn's score?

Kent mostly showed why being a mounted unit is so good I think (both the movement and rescue utility). Also, him not killing that shaman with an iron sword says more about swords then it does about Kent I feel.

Marcus did a lot during the first enemy phase, and after that kept running around doing odd jobs here and there. I really don't think he ended up doing less then Hector and Kent (in fact, I'd even argue Hector could get a lower score).

But wouldn't they have died attacking other units as well?

Small detail, but it's 11 damage now. Effective damage only means the weapon might is doubled, so one less point of Str is still one less point of damage.

I don't dissagree with this, but it's not really relevant when deciding his rating? Like, if Marcus gets less kills, it generally means he had less to do, so he was less useful. That shouldn't result in a higher rating... (I don't disagree with his rating btw, just with this being used as a counter argument).

I don't know, I think Kent was more apropiate, since he had both the DEF and RES for this chapter, Sain will have plenty of opportunities in the future, now that there will be more deployment slots.

If I had Raven fill Lyn's shoes, he wouldn't be able to use the SIlver Sword and since he has 10 STR, Steel Sword wouldn't cut it, also Lyn has better LUK, so she has a lesser chance of being crit by the boss, so I needed Lyn in the frontlines.

I could have done it with another unit, but I needed Lyn to get closer to the boss, and that means that the only way to ensure her survival was to use Lancereaver. Also helps her supports with Hector, since he could move next to her and kill one of the pegasus.

That's good to know. 11 will be plenty.

Honestly, considering Silver Card, unless you are using expensive weaponry at the drop of an hat. Getting max funds rank is simple enough, thanks to final secret shop and refusing to hire Farina. I might use Pent to replace Serra if funds ever become a problem, if Serra isn't promoted yet by then or if she becomes RNG screwed.

Well, I suppose it wouldn't count. But the fact that he cleared a path for the group, I think it would still be worth a 8.

Edited by DiogoJorge

9 hours ago, Critical Sniper said:

Marcus has a lot of strength anyways though, as for his defense his bulk is good for now and once he needs more he will get more. Skill is a bit of an underrated stat, its one of those things people dont appreciate until they don't have it, same with luck although that stat's only purpose really is critical evade.

For now Marcus is fine, but just his bases make him the best unit for the first half of the game, so that's not really saying much. His level ups mostly (help) decide how good his combat is going to be later on in the game, where more bulk and strength are going to matter. Also lol at bolded, what is that even supposed to mean? That he'll magicly start leveling Def when he needs it? Even if he doesn't need it now, building up for later is a good thing.

All 1 point of skill does is add 2 points to displayed accuracy and half a point to crit, which isn't a whole lot. Keep in mind that Marcus already starts with 15 skill and few weapons have less then 60 accuracy (which is 1-2 range weapons like hand axes and javelins, if you really need him to kill something you can use more accurate weapons), so that's at least 90 accuracy on his less accurate weapons, 94 if you count his base luck as well. Add the fact that he'll have WTA a lot for 15 extra hit and that generic enemies have low AS, and he'll almost always have 85+ displayed hit. Adding more hit is nice of course, but I'd much, much rather see those stats go somewhere else.

Luck is also relevant for hit and normal avoid atually. It's again, nice to have, but not nearly as relevant as other stats.

All those enemy phase enemies are 3 pegasus and 1 Shaman really, as for the boss she wasn't much better than anyone else, any other unit except Serra and Matthew had near identical CoS.

Oswin and Kent lack the speed to double though, and Raven and Kent lack the damage to two-shot him (and the weapon rank to use silver weapons to compensate). So that only leaves Hector and Marcus as anyone else...

I only have two questions here. 1.- why do people use exclamation marks! for detailing weapons or saying L! Grima, isn't it just fine by not uisng the exclamation mark? 2.- What statbooster? Zeldam only gives you a statbooster on normal and even then the Guiding ring is droppable by a Shaman next to him.

1. I don't know how that way of writing came to be and yes, it's fine to not use an exclamation mark. I feel like it's easier to write it like this in some cases, and sometimes it's just out of habit.

2. I goofed, my bad.

I don't think so, Sain could have killed him in one hit, since the weapon might isnt the biggest factor but rather your own strength stat, Raven uses Swords and yet he is still very powerful.

Sain and Raven are the examples of units with average strength now? Besides, current Raven couldn't have killed that Shaman with an iron sword either :P

2 hours ago, DiogoJorge said:

I don't know, I think Kent was more apropiate, since he had both the DEF and RES for this chapter, Sain will have plenty of opportunities in the future, now that there will be more deployment slots.

I mean, Kent didn't tank that many hits this chapter, so his bulk wasn't that relevant?

My point wasn't that Kent is a bad unit to use on this map, but more that you didn't need him, and you could have given someone else the opportunity to gain some exp. If you plan to give Sain enough exp later on, sure, ignore this example (because I feel Lowen wouldn't be able to fill this position at his level), but the general point is still that you might need to start looking for places where you can get away with replacing strong units with units that gain more exp.

If I had Raven fill Lyn's shoes, he wouldn't be able to use the SIlver Sword and since he has 10 STR, Steel Sword wouldn't cut it, also Lyn has better LUK, so she has a lesser chance of being crit by the boss, so I needed Lyn in the frontlines.

I was talking about early on in the map, mostly the first two turns. I feel like Raven had enough free time that Lyn could have gotten to the boss in time if she'd started in his spot.

I could have done it with another unit, but I needed Lyn to get closer to the boss, and that means that the only way to ensure her survival was to use Lancereaver. Also helps her supports with Hector, since he could move next to her and kill one of the pegasus.

Again, I feel like you could have still made it to the boss in a different position. Or Hector could have just bulldozed his way through to kill the boss, lol.

I feel like that support is going to give you less then it takes to set up, but we'll see.

Also, small detail, but you could have let Lyn use a different weapon to kill the shaman at that moment, because Hector was going to stand next to her anyway, so he could have just traded with her to make her hold a lancereaver afterwards.

Honestly, considering Silver Card, unless you are using expensive weaponry at the drop of an hat. Getting max funds rank is simple enough, thanks to final secret shop and refusing to hire Farina. I might use Pent to replace Serra if funds ever become a problem, if Serra isn't promoted yet by then or if she becomes RNG screwed.

Oh, you're not getting Farina? Makes sense I guess, but still a bit of a shame.

Why would Pent replace Serra though? Pent's a good unit, so I don't see why you wouldn't use him, but you can just use both? Not having Pent be forced to heal is pretty nice.

Well, I suppose it wouldn't count. But the fact that he cleared a path for the group, I think it would still be worth a 8.

Oh yeah, definitly not arguing that.

2 hours ago, Bartozio said:

Also lol at bolded, what is that even supposed to mean? That he'll magicly start leveling Def when he needs it? Even if he doesn't need it now, building up for later is a good thing.

All 1 point of skill does is add 2 points to displayed accuracy and half a point to crit, which isn't a whole lot.

Luck is also relevant for hit and normal avoid atually. It's again, nice to have, but not nearly as relevant as other stats.

Sain and Raven are the examples of units with average strength now?

No, it means that his 20% growth for DEF is good enough so that, if you consistently use him, when the enemies get a bit tougher he will on average have the necessary defense to still have good durability.

It adds up, again, it's one of those things that you don't appreciate until you have it, and he does have an amazing 15 skill at ase but that doesn't mean he should not get any more. Also the misconception that you have 100 Hit on every FE7 enemy because they are slow has to stop, Heroes, bosses and just cleverly positioned units can give you hit problems at times, also the crit is noticeable, 7% crit doesn't seem as much but it is, you will see it a lot, Marcus for Diogo almost has 20 skill which means 10% crit, and while he doesn't ned the hit now he will like it later on.

I know that, 0.5 Hit and 1% for both avoids specifically. Maybe not so but FE7 enemies lack speed not skill, if all your units had 0 luck you would see that all enemies suddenly have a few more points of crit on you and hundreds of battles means there's going to be bad luck, it doesn't have as big an impact like speed sure but it isn't irrelevant or worth something like 1 over infinity.

Never said that, it's just that you said it speaks more for swords than for Kent when we see these other units can do it with an Iron sowrd which speaks about Kent's strength and that is that he needs lances or steel weapons to do necessary damage most of the time, and although I am aware he did double, taking a retaliation from a mage is usually not a good idea especially more so from a Shaman since they do have high Atk and your units also usually have low Res.

For now Marcus is fine, but just his bases make him the best unit for the first half of the game, so that's not really saying much. His level ups mostly (help) decide how good his combat is going to be later on in the game, where more bulk and strength are going to matter. Also lol at bolded, what is that even supposed to mean? That he'll magicly start leveling Def when he needs it? Even if he doesn't need it now, building up for later is a good thing.

All 1 point of skill does is add 2 points to displayed accuracy and half a point to crit, which isn't a whole lot. Keep in mind that Marcus already starts with 15 skill and few weapons have less then 60 accuracy (which is 1-2 range weapons like hand axes and javelins, if you really need him to kill something you can use more accurate weapons), so that's at least 90 accuracy on his less accurate weapons, 94 if you count his base luck as well. Add the fact that he'll have WTA a lot for 15 extra hit and that generic enemies have low AS, and he'll almost always have 85+ displayed hit. Adding more hit is nice of course, but I'd much, much rather see those stats go somewhere else.

Oswin and Kent lack the speed to double though, and Raven and Kent lack the damage to two-shot him (and the weapon rank to use silver weapons to compensate). So that only leaves Hector and Marcus as anyone else...

1. I don't know how that way of writing came to be and yes, it's fine to not use an exclamation mark. I feel like it's easier to write it like this in some cases, and sometimes it's just out of habit.

2. I goofed, my bad.

Sain and Raven are the examples of units with average strength now? Besides, current Raven couldn't have killed that Shaman with an iron sword either :P

I mean, Kent didn't tank that many hits this chapter, so his bulk wasn't that relevant?

My point wasn't that Kent is a bad unit to use on this map, but more that you didn't need him, and you could have given someone else the opportunity to gain some exp. If you plan to give Sain enough exp later on, sure, ignore this example (because I feel Lowen wouldn't be able to fill this position at his level), but the general point is still that you might need to start looking for places where you can get away with replacing strong units with units that gain more exp.

I was talking about early on in the map, mostly the first two turns. I feel like Raven had enough free time that Lyn could have gotten to the boss in time if she'd started in his spot.

Again, I feel like you could have still made it to the boss in a different position. Or Hector could have just bulldozed his way through to kill the boss, lol.

I feel like that support is going to give you less then it takes to set up, but we'll see.

Also, small detail, but you could have let Lyn use a different weapon to kill the shaman at that moment, because Hector was going to stand next to her anyway, so he could have just traded with her to make her hold a lancereaver afterwards.

Oh, you're not getting Farina? Makes sense I guess, but still a bit of a shame.

Why would Pent replace Serra though? Pent's a good unit, so I don't see why you wouldn't use him, but you can just use both? Not having Pent be forced to heal is pretty nice.

Oh yeah, definitly not arguing that.

True. I could have traded, but that's one trick that I'm not used to do and I tend to forget about it.

55 minutes ago, Critical Sniper said:

No, it means that his 20% growth for DEF is good enough so that, if you consistently use him, when the enemies get a bit tougher he will on average have the necessary defense to still have good durability.

...The point of our discussion was that it was a shame he didn't get Def on his level up, right?

It adds up, again, it's one of those things that you don't appreciate until you have it, and he does have an amazing 15 skill at ase but that doesn't mean he should not get any more. Also the misconception that you have 100 Hit on every FE7 enemy because they are slow has to stop, Heroes, bosses and just cleverly positioned units can give you hit problems at times, also the crit is noticeable, 7% crit doesn't seem as much but it is, you will see it a lot, Marcus for Diogo almost has 20 skill which means 10% crit, and while he doesn't ned the hit now he will like it later on.

Maybe not 100, but he'll rarely, if at all, get below 80, which is still pretty reliable. And that's against dodgy enemies. Crit is nice, but not something you can count on, especially not when it's below 30.

I know that, 0.5 Hit and 1% for both avoids specifically. Maybe not so but FE7 enemies lack speed not skill, if all your units had 0 luck you would see that all enemies suddenly have a few more points of crit on you and hundreds of battles means there's going to be bad luck, it doesn't have as big an impact like speed sure but it isn't irrelevant or worth something like 1 over infinity.

True, but even then, you only need some luck to not get critted by enemies not using killer weapons, and Marcus pretty much has enough at base.

Never said that, it's just that you said it speaks more for swords than for Kent when we see these other units can do it with an Iron sowrd which speaks about Kent's strength and that is that he needs lances or steel weapons to do necessary damage most of the time, and although I am aware he did double, taking a retaliation from a mage is usually not a good idea especially more so from a Shaman since they do have high Atk and your units also usually have low Res.

Sain and Raven aren't going to one shot at this stage of the game though, even if they got more levels (unless you arena grinded them or only focussed on leveling them), so that's not really relevant?

And yeah sure, units with insane Str can still one round enemies with an iron sword, but Kents str isn't bad. Swords are just bad weapons with their low might. The fact that Raven is good even when he's locked to swords speaks more of how insane he is then it does about how swords aren't bad. There no reason for Kent to ever use an iron sword over an iron lance, unless he's facing an axe user (in which case, it does the same damage I think, but more accuracy and avoid).

On 10/15/2018 at 3:55 PM, Bartozio said:

You make it sound like you can use only one cavelier/paladin...

On that note, there are players who think that there's such a balance between classes, that there's no real benefit to using more than one class at a time. Of course, such a notion is quite untrue, but still.

• 2 weeks later...

Feelt like playing Blazing Sword again, so I finished chapter 19 with flying colors.

I won't be able to post the video today, but here are the level ups.

5be98ce16f07e_SrankBlazingSword_01.png.035c3e11b6393548003d0380b543dc41.png

Eliwood is gaining plenty of RES, which considering his promotions gains on RES are lesser than the other 2, is a welcome addition. STR and SPD, on top of HP, makes a good level up.

5be98d310b671_SrankBlazingSword_02.png.0667d6753661becdb96ed82fa73eb38e.png

Gains STR and DEF, there's hope for Sain yet.

5be98d554d7eb_SrankBlazingSword_03.png.ccb854fbe5f3d52a2a095d02e8e02460.png

Not going to be a main, so not concerned about his gains

5be98d7c1fcdd_SrankBlazingSword_04.png.a0987a2c3962fa577f34a85fb6fb87a2.png

More STR and HP, it will do for now.

5be98d9f052fa_SrankBlazingSword_05.png.25211cd26b7587fd1610741d94e8fb3d.png

Kent is finally regaining his momentum after a couple of bad level ups.

5be98dbf6fcc7_SrankBlazingSword_06.png.07b37ff3c1238fc768aa452f7d770466.png

Lucius is the growth champion for this chapter

5be98ddbf2b3d_SrankBlazingSword_07.png.71de76eb2bf25cfcb1d0f44f8eac6ffd.png

Dart gets some decent boosts.

5be98df208371_SrankBlazingSword_08.png.38f595cb51f69865259e1b00f06447ee.png

Another level for Eliwood, a bit meh, but DEF is a must for him and SPD always helps.

5be98e1ac8bf0_SrankBlazingSword_09.png.9742366bd5f5bbb89eca7d04fcbdc15d.png

Florina finally gets herself a level, nothing spetacular, but not bad either.

5be98e3d827c2_SrankBlazingSword_10.png.4e125647c1af545240bf4e25bdb185d9.png

Lyn utterly pulverizes boss and gets a boost to her DEF, always welcome. Good thing I had Eliwood finish off the enemy pirate before using her to attack Uhai, or he might have missed on some experience.

Edited by DiogoJorge

5be98d310b671_SrankBlazingSword_02.png.0667d6753661becdb96ed82fa73eb38e.png

Gains STR and DEF, there's hope for Sain yet.

So that means he was bad before this level? or that he almost reaches the threshold to become a good unit? I don't see that, he is good right now even, considering you gave a Dracoshield to Kent, he would have had 9 defense right now, is that such a big defensive difference? Like, ever?

5be98d554d7eb_SrankBlazingSword_03.png.ccb854fbe5f3d52a2a095d02e8e02460.png

Not going to be a main, so not concerned about his gains

Guy should never be anyone's gain, he dies to a sponge and he can't do damage unless you buy him an obsidian sword, but then that's when his bad con starts to show. I used him for a big part of the game to get Jerme's chapter in my current run and he almost never got strength or defense.

5be98dbf6fcc7_SrankBlazingSword_06.png.07b37ff3c1238fc768aa452f7d770466.png

Lucius is the growth champion for this chapter

No Lucius don't make yourself look good, you are not. (Bad luck and defense plus lower Atk than other units for most of the game)

5be98e3d827c2_SrankBlazingSword_10.png.4e125647c1af545240bf4e25bdb185d9.png

Lyn utterly pulverizes boss and gets a boost to her DEF, always welcome. Good thing I had Eliwood finish off the enemy pirate before using her to attack Uhai, or he might have missed on some experience.

That's a ridiculously blessed Lyn, no wonder she is so amazing for you. Also 29 HP right now is +4 from average. Did you give her any other stat boosters?

Who did you use the Lyn mode statboosters on?

And side question, do you like Yu-Gi-Oh! ?

Note: "Feelt like playing Blazing Sword again"

Edited by Critical Sniper

11 hours ago, Critical Sniper said:

So that means he was bad before this level? or that he almost reaches the threshold to become a good unit? I don't see that, he is good right now even, considering you gave a Dracoshield to Kent, he would have had 9 defense right now, is that such a big defensive difference? Like, ever?

Guy should never be anyone's gain, he dies to a sponge and he can't do damage unless you buy him an obsidian sword, but then that's when his bad con starts to show. I used him for a big part of the game to get Jerme's chapter in my current run and he almost never got strength or defense.

No Lucius don't make yourself look good, you are not. (Bad luck and defense plus lower Atk than other units for most of the game)

That's a ridiculously blessed Lyn, no wonder she is so amazing for you. Also 29 HP right now is +4 from average. Did you give her any other stat boosters?

Who did you use the Lyn mode statboosters on?

And side question, do you like Yu-Gi-Oh! ?

Note: "Feelt like playing Blazing Sword again"

Not bad, but he isn't very tanky and got a few bad level ups.

That's to be expected, since he has a 30% STR growth, but thanks to his bases and good growths, he's usually good, but I have other units to priotize.

His MAG is good though, so how is it low ATK? 60% MAG growth and  a good starting SPD base and growth of 40%. Also excellent magic tank.

She's not  blessed other than SPD and HP, it's the result of being lv 15.  I gave her an angelic robe from her mode, that's it. Energy Ring went unused for the white gem.

No, not much, used to watch when I was much younger, but I don't care much for the series.

Yes, It should have been felt. No problem.

Here's the video.

Edited by DiogoJorge

His MAG is good though, so how is it low ATK? 60% MAG growth and  a good starting SPD base and growth of 40%. Also excellent magic tank.

The fact that lighting has low might means his damage is lower than other magic users until the endgame, that is when he wins out. Also magic tank for not many enemies in the entire game isn't very useful.

The fact that lighting has low might means his damage is lower than other magic users until the endgame, that is when he wins out. Also magic tank for not many enemies in the entire game isn't very useful.

Lightning only has 1 point less than fire, so not much of an issue, specially when one has one of the highest MAG growths.

Chapter 19x already says otherwise. Plenty of mages for Lucius to soften and bait.

Edited by DiogoJorge