Seems like almost everyone is on a bad level up spree

5bec228bbab85_SrankBlazingSword_07.png.498e396956d62810982b49212e723ceb.png

More DEF, Eliwood doesn't disapoint

5bec22ab43e35_SrankBlazingSword_08.png.f76f65cef288f7785a3f8107321a1ac1.png

Good. Keep them coming

5bec22c7cb68a_SrankBlazingSword_09.png.43a92b19c142c105ee73c4566293cc13.png

Alright, that is a bit better.

5bec22d852d2c_SrankBlazingSword_10.png.4d60f64fe81081a1fb45ea85482a9e23.png

Kind of meh, but SPD and LUK do help Kent.

5bec230a722a2_SrankBlazingSword_11.png.415598042977c1ec3e682b1a0beae364.png

Matthew maxes SPD but another meh level up.

5bec236b4bc30_SrankBlazingSword_12.png.1b62a3370415545e7836b96137a11f78.png

The lords on the other hand keep hogging all the good levels.

5bec238d26df2_SrankBlazingSword_01.png.d002578abd0372319cc20b4f0e3bbf16.png

More SPD, nice, but could have been a bit better.

Finished in 12 turns.

Turn count stands at 92.

Edited by DiogoJorge

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 11/14/2018 at 3:50 AM, DiogoJorge said:

Chapter 19x already says otherwise. Plenty of mages for Lucius to soften and bait.

Lol Kishuna just screws them over though. And in the end only like 3 mages actually get to attack you and your units even with 1 res and 27 HP are just ok. Also most magic units you'll ever find are Anima meaning that he will be mostly at weapon triangle disadvantage.

5bec2215d66d3_SrankBlazingSword_03.png.37a6229b977f97591c65ddb79c501709.png

Another meh

BUT HIS GROWTHS ARE GOOOD!!!1

5bec223b4d63b_SrankBlazingSword_05.png.cf8775382762b276d6586e3057e75149.png

Nice, more STR and SPD

Nope, absolutely no blessing here, these are her exact average stats.

5bec236b4bc30_SrankBlazingSword_12.png.1b62a3370415545e7836b96137a11f78.png

The lords on the other hand keep hogging all the good levels.

Nope. Just average good Lyn https://serenesforest.net/blazing-sword/characters/average-stats/lyn/

Edited by Critical Sniper

8 hours ago, Critical Sniper said:

Nope. Just average good Lyn

Yeah, nothing blessed here, only 11 hp above average (I know she got the Angelic Robe, that's still 4 more than she should have right now without the robe), 1 strength above average, 2 more speed, 3 more luck, 2 more defense, and 1 less res. That 1 less res makes her average.

19 hours ago, Critical Sniper said:

Lol Kishuna just screws them over though. And in the end only like 3 mages actually get to attack you and your units even with 1 res and 27 HP are just ok. Also most magic units you'll ever find are Anima meaning that he will be mostly at weapon triangle disadvantage.

BUT HIS GROWTHS ARE GOOOD!!!1

Nope, absolutely no blessing here, these are her exact average stats.

Nope. Just average good Lyn https://serenesforest.net/blazing-sword/characters/average-stats/lyn/

Kishuna is already included on part of the plan. Lucius job was to bait mages to him and to block enemy mage reinforcements. He performed his job well.

Lucius doesn't care about WTD when he has 80% hit rate. And the video just shows otherwise, he softened a good deal of mages, allowing the other units to advance and put them down.

Indeed they are, but those can happen now and then.

I'm pretty sure she's a bit blessed in a few stats. 

Edited by DiogoJorge

13 hours ago, DiogoJorge said:

I'm pretty sure she's a bit blessed in a few stats. 

A bit is an understatement,I wish my Lyn could get that good. (Well to be fair my most recent Lyn is the polar opossite of yours.

Anyway is there absolutely no way you can recruit Farina and still have a 5 star funds rank?

Just now, Critical Sniper said:

A bit is an understatement,I wish my Lyn could get that good. (Well to be fair my most recent Lyn is the polar opossite of yours.

Anyway is there absolutely no way you can recruit Farina and still have a 5 star funds rank?

It's possible, but it puts a lot more strain on your funds. Farina is a good unit and one who can help out your exp rank a bit, but having more freedom in using expensive staves and statboosters can also help out a good bit.

Basicly, it's a very reasonable choice, although one I wouldn't have made (because favoritism).

I'd usually recommend recruiting Farina; Exp is a much harder requirement to fulfil than Funds, so an unpromoted unit with actual good bases is so valuable. In my last ranked run I recruited her and still ended up about 22000G above the funds requirement.

45 minutes ago, Dean said:

I'd usually recommend recruiting Farina; Exp is a much harder requirement to fulfil than Funds, so an unpromoted unit with actual good bases is so valuable. In my last ranked run I recruited her and still ended up about 22000G above the funds requirement.

How? I know that for a fact you didn't use the last chapter weapons obviously but how?

2 hours ago, Critical Sniper said:

How? I know that for a fact you didn't use the last chapter weapons obviously but how?

The game gives you a fair bit of leeway with the money you can spend. For example, in my run I went Linus / Kenneth routes and went to all gaiden except 19xx and 32x, so to five-star funds I'd need 847,200G in assets. The sum of all obtainable items / gold on this route is 1,040,880G (excluding minor stealables and the C30 treasure), so you have ~194,000G to do what you want.

Any time the game dumps raw gold onto you, such as the C22 10,000G chest or the 30,000G from C31x, Silver Card essentially doubles the value of these. So that adds an extra 40,000G. And then any time you win at the arena or any minor stealables you do collect all help. Hammerne lets you be a little more liberal with a couple of expensive items of your choice.

Apparently I killed 1,330 enemies over the course of the game... if you assume I generally 3HKOed enemies (2HKO is probably more accurate but let's be pessimistic for this assumption) with a 20G per use weapon like Javelin (most weapons easily attainable don't cost more than 20G per use) that's about 80,000G used on weapons killing enemies. So... we'd have about 154,000G surplus to use on stat boosters, promotion items, staves, Farina, using expensive weapons, or selling stuff earlygame before you get the Silver Card.

In my game I only promoted five characters and used three stat boosters (if I knew I'd clear funds so easily I definitely would've used more) so you can probably see why I was so much over.

10 hours ago, Critical Sniper said:

I think one could, but I don't want to waste money on her. By that point, Florina or Fiora should be promoted.

6 hours ago, DiogoJorge said:

I think one could, but I don't want to waste money on her. By that point, Florina or Fiora should be promoted.

Yes but they aren't exactly the greatest combat units, Florina suffers from Def, Farina takes a long time for her Speed to get going while Farina has good base stats and growths

5 hours ago, Critical Sniper said:

Yes but they aren't exactly the greatest combat units, Florina suffers from Def, Farina takes a long time for her Speed to get going while Farina has good base stats and growths

Farina would need to be promoted with stats near or above 20 to be worth that much money. Fiora has a 50% growth, so her SPD will still be better than Farina's by the time she makes her debut.

1 hour ago, DiogoJorge said:

Farina would need to be promoted with stats near or above 20 to be worth that much money. Fiora has a 50% growth, so her SPD will still be better than Farina's by the time she makes her debut.

Not really, that would be way too littlemoney because any unit like that in FE7 would be broken. Her stats are just fine and Fiora kinda falls off later when her bad def starts to show off and she has more strength but it's kinda risky to put her on the frontlines, even more so with Florina

Farina on the other hand, has 25% Def growth which is good for her 10 base and promotion of +2 and at the same level than Kent she has +3 def although by her join time it is slightly bad. She also has 50% strength growth which makes her like an average Sain and Kent but with wings. 

Also getting 5 rank on funds without recruiting Farina is like claiming to be extra good for getting 5 rank on tactics but play no Gaiden chapter.

9 hours ago, Critical Sniper said:

Not really, that would be way too littlemoney because any unit like that in FE7 would be broken. Her stats are just fine and Fiora kinda falls off later when her bad def starts to show off and she has more strength but it's kinda risky to put her on the frontlines, even more so with Florina

Farina on the other hand, has 25% Def growth which is good for her 10 base and promotion of +2 and at the same level than Kent she has +3 def although by her join time it is slightly bad. She also has 50% strength growth which makes her like an average Sain and Kent but with wings. 

Also getting 5 rank on funds without recruiting Farina is like claiming to be extra good for getting 5 rank on tactics but play no Gaiden chapter.

Too little money? Those stats are barely better than Marcus, if at all, that's not looking good for the soon to come, lategame chapters. And I still have to spend an Elysian Whip just to promote her. No, 20000 gold is way too much for stats I already have at that point.

As long she doesn't die, it's a complete playthrough that way. That's also like saying that I have to recruit Karla, when the effort to do so isn't worth it.

Edited by DiogoJorge

Finished Chapter 19xx in 9 turns. That's one more turn than I was aiming for, but there will be plenty of opportunities to make up for it in the future. The total turn count stands at 101 now.

The level ups for this chapter:

5bf168e17cfa9_SrankBlazingSword_01.png.937cf8ff4fa384d91fcedc757791daa5.png

Good, that's how it should be.

5bf168fa8e9de_SrankBlazingSword_02.png.f81eb037de78da04890b37ba9cc47098.png

Raven pulls himself together and starts getting his first good level up.

5bf16918901dc_SrankBlazingSword_05.png.2c8e897b4d126211a477e4599d0b7c52.png

I wanted more SPD, but DEF is a nice tradeoff.

5bf1693b1f224_SrankBlazingSword_06.png.c6e5a1b83a20380ee203a7e75a40940b.png

Nothing to see here... Marcus being Marcus, move along

5bf16958b6d38_SrankBlazingSword_07.png.85ff4c47a68f278580a71dbb8632047d.png

That will do, looking good.

There's also Fiora, who got an HP gain and that's it, forgot to take a screenshot, but bad level up is bad.

EDIT: Forgot to post video. here it is.

Edited by DiogoJorge

2 hours ago, Critical Sniper said:

All of those levels look good, how will you recompensate for that 1 turn though? 

Who else are you planning to use in this run?

Well, for starters, there's the final chapters. I have plenty of keys, and I'm sure I can buy more at a later date if I need more. I will use those to shorten the final chapter.  Just the final battle against the Fire Dragon alone has a requirement of 2 turns, so if you finish it in 1 turn, you gain 1 extra turn. And before that, against Nergal, you have a requirement of 8 turns, but it can be finished in 7, if not less.

There's also the turn goldmines in chapter 23x and chapter 28x. If finished soon enough, those can give a lot of extra turns, more than enough to compensate for the future Hector only chapters  25, 30 and 32x. More than enough to make up for chapter 19x and chapter 19xx turn counts.

Edited by DiogoJorge

Well, for starters, there's the final chapters. I have plenty of keys, and I'm sure I can buy more at a later date if I need more. I will use those to shorten the final chapter.  Just the final battle against the Fire Dragon alone has a requirement of 2 turns, so if you finish it in 1 turn, you gain 1 extra turn. And before that, against Nergal, you have a requirement of 8 turns, but it can be finished in 7, if not less.

There's also the turn goldmines in chapter 23x and chapter 28x. If finished soon enough, those can give a lot of extra turns, more than enough to compensate for the future Hector only chapters  25, 30 and 32x. More than enough to make up for chapter 19x and chapter 19xx turn counts.

Oh that's good

It has been a while since I did a S rank run, and I can't seem to remember if I should bother buying the chest keys in the secret shop or not. There's also killer weapons in that shop, but I can do whitout those until chapter 26.  The other secret shop has Physic staff and is closer, so guess I will just visit that one for chapter 20, maybe.

Edited by DiogoJorge

14 hours ago, Critical Sniper said:

Chest keys are cheap though aren't they? Also couldn't stealing Lockpicks be an option for improving funds rank?

Actually they are a bit expensive. Door keys are the ones that are cheap (50 a piece). Chest keys cost 1500, but they give you 5 uses each and I have Silver card, so shouldn't be a problem.

I would rather just loot everything for anything usefull rather than steal every thief I come across. Besides, for the funds rank, I can simply use the Silver card on the final secret shop at chapter 32 to buy a lot of expensive stuff and get more funds by doing so.

But what I really need to know is if they are worth it. I have thieves to do looting, specially since I have both Legault and Matthew after this, and going from one shop to the other requires one of those annoying item trade chains, and even then, it should consume 2-3 turns to do something of the sort. In the end, if it's worth it, I could visit both, or skip on the physic one.

I can just buy Physic in chapter 22 anyway, in another secret shop, so I could do whitout it for one chapter.

Edited by DiogoJorge

4 hours ago, DiogoJorge said:

Besides, for the funds rank, I can simply use the Silver card on the final secret shop at chapter 32 to buy a lot of expensive stuff and get more funds by doing so.

I never understood that, If an item costs 300 and you sell it you usually get 150 back for it right? But if you buy it with the silver card it costs 150 so selling it will still give you 150 right? Or is it because although you bought it for 150 the game still registers it at 300 value while it is inside the convoy?

1 hour ago, Critical Sniper said:

I never understood that, If an item costs 300 and you sell it you usually get 150 back for it right? But if you buy it with the silver card it costs 150 so selling it will still give you 150 right? Or is it because although you bought it for 150 the game still registers it at 300 value while it is inside the convoy?

Items contribute towards fund rank. Having more items means more funds. For instance, if you buy those chest keys, normally you would pay 1500, that's their full worth. If they are never used, they will keep being worth 1500, if you use them a few times, they will lose some value. But let's put that aside for now, since that's a bit unrelated to how the SIlver card operates.

Now then, they are worth 1500, but if I buy them with a Silver Card, they cost you 750, but it's value is still 1500, if  you don't use them, you get a free 750 towards your funds. That's why it benefits your funds. It basically allows you to buy a item for half the price, and thus gain extra value from them, as long you don't consume them, that is.

So basically, is the last thing you said, in a nutshell.

Edited by DiogoJorge

Now then, they are worth 1500, but if I buy them with a Silver Card, they cost you 750, but it's value is still 1500, if  you don't use them, you get a free 750 towards your funds. That's why it benefits your funds. It basically allows you to buy a item for half the price, and thus gain extra value from them, as long you don't consume them, that is.

Oh I see that now, but you can use those chest keys a few times since each individual use is worth 300 then using it twice would still have them above the cost that you bought them with (1500/ 5 = 300; 300 x 2 = 600; 1500- 600 = 900; 900>750) although convoy space is limited so maybe only one chest key should be used. 

Let me count all the chests that there are in HM. There are 39 chests if you go Jerme's route and 38 if you go to Kenneth's. So 3 Lockpicks, you might have to steal one or use 1 full chest key and half of another which well while that would be bad, like you said you can just buy a billion things in VoD's secret shop. Or in the Ostia defense chapter too if you are willing to use a warp.

1 hour ago, Critical Sniper said:

Oh I see that now, but you can use those chest keys a few times since each individual use is worth 300 then using it twice would still have them above the cost that you bought them with (1500/ 5 = 300; 300 x 2 = 600; 1500- 600 = 900; 900>750) although convoy space is limited so maybe only one chest key should be used. 

Let me count all the chests that there are in HM. There are 39 chests if you go Jerme's route and 38 if you go to Kenneth's. So 3 Lockpicks, you might have to steal one or use 1 full chest key and half of another which well while that would be bad, like you said you can just buy a billion things in VoD's secret shop. Or in the Ostia defense chapter too if you are willing to use a warp.

Yeah, I have been testing the waters to see what I could do and what plan should I use for this chapter, and seems like reaching both secret shops shouldn't be as much of an hassle as I initially thought.

The chapter requirement is 16 turns, and I think it's possible to get to both shops by turn 14. At which point Darin is already long dead and Hector is just waiting to seize throne.

Edited by DiogoJorge