Question about Frustration

DisobeyedCargo

So I'm playing a randomized version of emerald as a nuzlocke, and I'm in the middle of training a Pokémon. One of the wild Pokémon I fight knows frustration. Since this Pokémon is wild, it's not owned by any trainer. And frustrations power is affected by the happiness/friendship counter or whatever is called, which a wild Pokémon presumably wouldn't have. Only one Pokémon learns frustration by level up, and it's bunneary, a gen 4 Pokémon. So my question is, what is frustrations power if used by a wild Pokémon? Does the friendship value just default to zero if used by a wild Pokémon, or the base value listed upon capture?

7 minutes ago, Sage of the Mist said:

I do belive that all pokemon have a "base friendship" stat. I would check out a site like Bulbapedia for the exact numbers though.

They do. What I wasn't sure about is if that only applies when the Pokémon is registered as caught or not in gen 3, since frustration can only be taught via TM

i haven't researched it much, so don't expect pinpoint accuracy, but apparently, buneary has a higher default friendship than most, therefore making frustration even LESS effective, and it will only diminish as you use it more in battle, so perhaps you shouldn't try for using frustration in the first place?

17 minutes ago, (s)ad touch said:

i haven't researched it much, so don't expect pinpoint accuracy, but apparently, buneary has a higher default friendship than most, therefore making frustration even LESS effective, and it will only diminish as you use it more in battle, so perhaps you shouldn't try for using frustration in the first place?

I'm not even using frustration, I just so happened to see a wild Pokémon in my emerald randomizer use it, And that spawned the question.

buneary actually has I think the lowest default friendship value of zero.

if I want a good normal move I'm banking on return or even strength.

Edited by DisobeyedCargo

OOH. pardon me, i misread the question, but likely the base happiness, as it is a fixed number before you catch it, so would not be difficult to calculate. of course, it would not make much sense, but when has pokemon made sense at the expense of same-ness for player and npc pokemon?