The Grand Hero Battle or the Knee: Walhart

SatsumaFSoysoy

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

37 minutes ago, Usana said:

@mampfoid Nice lunging there! I found it just as amusing as Walhart apparently did!

Ha, yeah his special quote made Elincias quad even more satisfying. 

I'll field him in Oliver's team, to teach him a better timing. ^^ 

Pretty challenging battle. Cleared it by the skin of my teeth using my horse team, but it felt pretty satisfying. No Reinhardt, F2P btw
I wonder how my playthrough would change with the knowledge about how to avoid the reinforcements...

@mampfoid Not one, but two EP kills?  Impressive!  This one looked very unfavorable for one-turn clears, but you managed to pull it off. 

My own clear was long and inelegant, so I probably won't record.  After figuring out the reinforcements are only triggered by killing the red mage and green armor, my strat involved killing the green armor last.  Caeda is barely able to survive Walhart's Luna, so several turns were dedicated to kiting the remaining green armor waiting for Renewal to patch her up.  With perseverance...

KqyzSxy.png

Narcian's by himself in the corner because as I learned the hard way, the bow cavalier reinforcement comes with Pass.  Nasty.

@mampfoid Nice use of Lunge! Even Walhart would find it hard to face an all-red team. I wish I had that Eirika, such a useful unit with that range.

@Ginko LA Roy defeating Walhart in one go was really satisfying, nice! Brave Bow is always a good weapon on him.

@Zeo @Rafiel's Aria @Vaximillian @eclipse @NegativeExponents- @Cute Chao @Nanima @Usana

Okay so I made early clears for once, since I was looking forward to making some Awakening theme teams for this. Even finally promoted a favourite unit that I kept putting off until now.

Team is +Atk/-Res Lon'qu, +Spd/-Res 4*+10 Olivia, Atk/-Res +1 Cherche, +Atk/-HP Maribelle

Music is Divine Decree from Fire Emblem Awakening

So yeah, debut of one of my top faves from Awakening- Lon'qu. Sure the female myrms are powercreeping the swordies, so promoting him was partly a defiant 'promote-a-fave' move. I actually have enough to +9 him if I ever want to do merges but for now, just this one will do, with the new Flashing Blade seal. He needed 1 more Spd to double the TA green mage so LaD was equipped. Funnily enough, his low Def and high HP made sure he was pretty safe from Walhart's pre-charged Luna. Bonus Wo Dao damage is always fun to see.

Cherche- another of my top faves, also has a new nature, with the perfect +Atk/-Res. Maribelle also debuts, softening up the enemies to deal with those darn Infernal stats. She needed Drive Atk from Olivia though to defeat the Firesweep swordiem since she just misses the KO.

This video has been all about my faves- I even justbused Divine Decree because it's a favourite track of mine and just really fits the Walhart battle.

----

Team is +HP/-Def Male Morgan, +Spd/-HP 4*+8 Olivia, +Atk/-HP Cherche and +Spd/-Def Cordelia

Music is Exorcist from Ao no Exorcist soundtrack.

So I unintentionally combined Zeo's Morgan clears and mampfoid's Fliers haha. This was actually one of my first clears, and I only had to make a few changes/tries to get it right, since the team comp was perfect, including their positioning when the reinforcements first came in.

Anyway, so I decided to put my recent pitybreaker Morgan to use, and boy did he prove his worth in this map, especially against 'Cervantes' the Wary armour. He needed just a simple Spd+3 boost to one-shot Walhart. I did have to be careful using Grima's Truth though, since the enemy dagger with the Cleaner was a threat. 

Cherche once again shows how monstrous her Attack is. In hindsight, Olivia's Fortify Res seal isn't needed in this clear- an earlier attempt neede Cherche to survive the blue mage so it was from that run. Cordelia needed Distant Def to survive the dagger unit, since he was the biggest threat. The right sight gave me trouble until I realised I could Reposition Morgan to face tank the manakete. Maybe I will actually give him skills now as a reward.

That one-turn clear is un-REAL, @mampfoid! My own clear took two nukes to weather the onslaught of reinforcements. I'm really thankful for the fact that these GHBs no longer cost stamina, else I'd be twiddling my thumbs atm.

@mcsilas Impressive Awakening themed clears! They feel especially appropriate for this map, considering the reinforcement triggers appear to reference Cervantes and Excellus from Awakening's Chapter 20. Lon'qu defies the infantry sword power-creep by going one-on-one with Walhart himself!

Here's my clear of this battle! I'm glad to see another GHB, it feels like it's been so long since the last new one. All of my fighters needed Death Blow to kill all of the enemies quickly enough, and Siegbert's Galeforce was incredibly helpful. I'm very happy to have invested as much into him as I have.

6 hours ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Took down Infernal Walhart blind (didn't play Lunatic or Hard beforehand) and on first try. Infernal Walhart couldn't stop The Reinhardt from ORKOing him.

It's the usual ReinLyn + 2 dancers combo. PA Azura almost died to the green manakete. Cancel Affinity would've been great on Brave Lyn for that TA3 Gronnraven+ mage though she handled the mage fine with dancer support (I had swapped out Cancel Affinity for Chill Spd).

Gonna try that one. My main with The Reinhardt, both alt Ikes, and PA!Azura always got me close to victory, but the few last enemies beat me

49 minutes ago, DLNarshen said:

Not one, but two EP kills?  Impressive!  This one looked very unfavorable for one-turn clears, but you managed to pull it off. 

I usually prefer PP kills on these clears, but I couldn't find another solution for this map. Everyone is so far away and only the Knight, Walhart and the green dragon deal melee damage on PP to proc WoM. 

52 minutes ago, DLNarshen said:

Narcian's by himself in the corner because as I learned the hard way, the bow cavalier reinforcement comes with Pass.  Nasty.

Close call with Caeda. Some skills like Pass, Obstruct etc. also take me by surprise often enough. 

46 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Nice use of Lunge! Even Walhart would find it hard to face an all-red team. I wish I had that Eirika, such a useful unit with that range.

Yeah, Eirika is quite strong. She came as an off banner pity breaker like most of my red 5* exclusives. 

1 hour ago, mcsilas said:

Team is +Atk/-Res Lon'qu, +Spd/-Res 4*+10 Olivia, Atk/-Res +1 Cherche, +Atk/-HP Maribelle

Oh, that Lon'qu is cool, I also liked him in Awakening. No problem in building favs, especially Infantry has got some good SI options. 

Team is +HP/-Def Male Morgan, +Spd/-HP 4*+8 Olivia, +Atk/-HP Cherche and +Spd/-Def Cordelia

Oh, I've never gotten a decent +SPD Cordelia, always good to watch her working. With Firesweep and without Heavy Blade it takes ages to charge GF though. 

Ouch, Cherche missing the clean kill against the Firesweep sword by 1 HP. 

So I unintentionally combined Zeo's Morgan clears and mampfoid's Fliers haha.

Haha, funny. Those Fliers fit into every team perfectly. ;-) 

Wouldn't have Cherche survived the dagger, or why was Drag Back necessary? 

Didn't check where Morgans buffs/debuffs were helpful, but I really like the concept of his tome. 

did have to be careful using Grima's Truth though, since the enemy dagger with the Cleaner was a threat. 

Yep, the cleaner showed his nice weapon to Oliver when I tried to clear lunatic first try and failed. 

Entertaining your clears, the Awakening theme really hits the nail here. 

1 hour ago, Karimlan said:

That one-turn clear is un-REAL, @mampfoid! My own clear took two nukes to weather the onslaught of reinforcements. I'm really thankful for the fact that these GHBs no longer cost stamina, else I'd be twiddling my thumbs atm.

Glad you liked it! Yeah the zero stamina cost is really helpful to try out some things. 

@mampfoid

Nice clear! I didn’t even think about just leaving the Axe Knight alone after having someone smack him.

5 hours ago, mampfoid said:

...the idea to Reposition Roy into the dragons range was brilliant. 

Looking back, it would’ve been better if I had used Swap, so Roy didn’t have to eat the Res Ploy. It would only have been a time saver, though; I didn’t actually have that Olivia trained up when the battle started, and Swap would have simply let me redo my C/Seal setups to not need Blaze Dance.

4 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Positioning was difficult this time, putting melee units in each corner and one of them using Firesweep is just evil.

Yes. Yes it is.

~

The only Caeda fights clear:

Spoiler

I didn’t feel like dealing with the Axe Armor’s reinforcement group. Def Tactic’s only real purpose was to get Azura hit by Chill Def, so everyone could end the battle at full HP (it just...looks nicer that way).

@mcsilas Awesome themed clears! I especially liked seeing Lon'qu in action, since his contribution to my own runs tends to just be shown by how many of my units have Vantage on them. haha;; Also got reminded of how I still want to promoted my boy Morgan someday. Your runs are great at making both popular units and underappreciated ones shine.

@Alexmender Close call with that blue mage at the beginning! Nice use of pass as well; your positioning was spot on. Your Eirika is so fantastic and I love her so much. Congrats on L'Arachel's hero merit at the end!

@Xenomata Nice use of gravity! Wrazzle Dazzle shenanigans are super useful, and your Nanna certainly packed a punch. Lilina's raw power was also very impressive.

@LordFrigid Wow, you weren't kidding that you got lucky stat-wise because a couple of those were really close! Great job though, I'm looking forward to seeing the Takumi one and the Caeda only clear here.

@Ginko That exact bonfire kill on the manakete was nice, and wow, Shiro really took a chill defense like it was nothing. Great clear!

@mampfoid It's always nice to see a dancer holding their own in a fight, and the all-red team was a really nice twist! I'm looking forward to your Takumi clear coming up...

@mcsilas Nice use of Miracle on Maribelle, I was very concerned at the start of the enemy phase but she made it out alright. Cherche is always an amazing choice. Awesome theme clears!

@Radiant Dragon Ooh, that was a real close call with Siegbert but he hung in there. Nice clear!

This one wasn't too bad, just had to swap Micaiah to her enemy phase kit (I am really looking forward to being able to preset it) and give Celica axebreaker to deal with the the knight. Marisa could've one rounded Walhart if Celica had been a little closer (the extra Ignis damage from drive defense is enough to do it), but I think it turned out alright.

1 hour ago, LordFrigid said:

Nice clear! I didn’t even think about just leaving the Axe Knight alone after having someone smack him.

Thanks! First I thought about using Pass, but then I realized with Lunge I could also attack once while passing the Knight. 

1 hour ago, LordFrigid said:

The only Caeda fights clear:

Nicely done, congratulations! Seems like the biggest challenge was a logistically one: To keep the civilians out of the line of fire. 

Leaving the Knight alive until the end was the best decision, also because it takes too long to take care of him. 

1 hour ago, kirauza343 said:

It's always nice to see a dancer holding their own in a fight, and the all-red team was a really nice twist! I'm looking forward to your Takumi clear coming up...

She is the only one in my roster able to pull that off, because I miss the other red dancers. 

Takumis map should be doable as far as I checked the numbers, but first the legendary battle on Tuesday. I hope I will have the time on Tuesday or Wednesday for a clear. 

1 hour ago, kirauza343 said:

This one wasn't too bad, just had to swap Micaiah to her enemy phase kit (I am really looking forward to being able to preset it) and give Celica axebreaker to deal with the the knight. Marisa could've one rounded Walhart if Celica had been a little closer (the extra Ignis damage from drive defense is enough to do it), but I think it turned out alright.

Woa, Marisa missing only 1HP to one-round Walhart, what a pity. I think it was not so amusing for him after all. Micaiah barely avoiding the double in the end from the Archer and also finishing Walhart. Micaiah and her red heads are too strong for Walhart. 

24 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

guh...I forgot Walhart was coming. Why did I spend my last 20K feathers on Raigh? Why?

Because ... you thought Walhart could use also Wolftomes instead of Wolf Berg?

44 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

A little bit proud of my clear this time.

Azura is quite a tank, getting hit by Chill DEF every Turn. Poor Walhart, he couldn't even say his special quote. Is Kageros dagger also effective against Cavs? 

Cool clear with elegant positioning, congrats! 

2 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Azura is quite a tank, getting hit by Chill DEF every Turn. Poor Walhart, he couldn't even say his special quote. Is Kageros dagger also effective against Cavs? 

Cool clear with elegant positioning, congrats!

No, it's just Poison Dagger, effective against infantry. Just had Luna ready to go for the sword cav.

I think this is the first time spawn blocking has ever been useful for me.

My dragon pulse team took care of this without too much trouble. Lene+2, Fae (has Infantry pulse hence the name), Julius, Ishtar.  Julius tanks any unit attacking res easy, Ishtar nukes everything, Lene can tank Walhart and take out the green dragon, Fae takes care of some blues.

Infernal Valter, Infernal F Grima, and Infernal Fallen Takumi all were much harder.

Oh already got a great build plan for Walhart. Wolfberg, Reposition, Bonfire, Darting Blow 3, Chill Def 3, Hone Cav 3, and Speed+2 sacred seal.  This insures doubling most the cast with cav buffs on player phase which his weapon is designed for.  More expensive and probably better build is Swift Sparrow 2 instead with Speed+3 seal. 

This was a fun GHB. Initially, I went into Infernal blind with an EP oriented team of Micaiah, Tiki, PA Azura, and Genny, and quickly found myself troubled by the Svalinn Shield on the knight (so Micaiah was pretty ineffective against it). Then the reinforcements came along and finished us off.

With the waters tested, I switched to a Horse Emblem team of Cecilia, Reinhardt, Brave Roy, and PA Azura. With this team, the clear was quite easy. I then switched out Roy for Xander, & Azura for Olivia, so as to create a team that's not so reliant on rare characters, and the strategy was still effective.

Cecilia runs a Gronnblade build with Axebreaker, Hone Cav, & Glimmer. Rein had Fortify Cav, Xander had QR & Hone Cav. Here's the strategy, in case anyone is interested:

Turn 1: With full horse buffs and Axebreaker, Cecilia easily destroys the knight. Xander and Reinhardt move beside her. The blue mage suicides on Cecilia on the Enemy Phase

Turn 2: With the Hone Cav buff from Cecilia active, Xander has just enough attack to eliminate the green mage reinforcement on the right. Reinhardt eliminates the red mage, then Olivia dances for him, and he takes down the lancer reinforcement in the lower left hand corner. Cecilia positions herself between Reinhardt and Xander for full horse buffs.

Turn 3: Cecilia kills the blue cav mage that shows up on the right, Olivia dances for her, and she kills Walhart. Reinhardt then kills the sword cav, with his position being next to Cecilia. He's within range of the swordsman, but Reinhardt is a big boy and can tank the hits. Then Xander moves next to Cecilia, baiting the green manakete to its doom.

Turn 4: With Glimmer charged & full horse buffs, Cecilia can OHKO the bow knight. Reinhardt removes the swordsman to the south, and Xander, with dance assistance eliminates the ninja to the east.

So there it is! Perhaps that might be of assistance to someone.

I keep reading this as "Battle of the Knee". ;/

Anyway, if this map wants to be a cheesy jerk, I'm gonna hack out the Actual Cheese.  In this case, it was Soleil, Leon, Azura the Axe Murderer, and Flying Ninian.  Soleil needs a specific build to pull this off, as follows:

Weapon: Firesweep+
Special: Luna
A: Life and Death 3
B: Drag Back

On top of that, she needs +11 Atk over neutral.  I did this via boon (+Atk), buffs (Drive Atk 2 on Azura, Hone Atk 3 on Leon), and seals (+1 Atk seal).

Leon, on the other hand, only wants Swordbreaker.

Soleil's Drag Back is necessary to get the armor out of the blue mage's range - have her attack once, dance her with Ninian, then have her attack again.  Leon can then finish off the armor.  On the next turn, Leon moves to kill one of the northern mages, dance him, and Soleil delivers a OHKO to the -raven mage.  Drag Back will put her in position to deal with the lance guy.  See that massive Atk boost she got earlier?  That's so that she can ORKO the lance guy with Luna.  Meanwhile, Leon should eliminate the other mage.

After that, run Soleil up to Walhart for a ORKO, while Leon murders both the dagger guy and the sword guy on a horse.  From there, it's clean-up.

Edited by eclipse

Took me a few tries to get it down, also had to give Niles and F!Grima some new skills for the map. However I managed to clear the Infernal difficulty! My unit setup/breakdown is in the description.