Merlinus Levels

Is it possible to make Merlinus level 20 in Binding Blade? I know he has to survive 100 hits for leveling up even once, so doing a little math... He'd need to survive 1900 hits in order to reach level 20. I don't even know how this would be "possible", but it would be interesting to see.

Edited by Soviet Cut
Mistyping a number

It takes too much work to level up Merlinus even once, and I don't think we have enough opportunities to do that. I was able to give him a few experience points on Chapter 5, just put him on a mountain and wait until the guys with Hand Axes arrive. Their hit chance is ridiculously low, he'll sure to get a few points.

And that's all the places I remember where I farmed for him.

Maybe they should've brought back FE1's "healers getting EXP when attacked" deal for Merlinus in FE6. I do like how he leveled in FE7, for some maps, it made leaving a guard for Merlinus necessary, which gave Oswin a nice little purpose on them.

With his 100% HP and Luck growths, Merlinus at 20 is 34 vs. 15 HP, and 29 vs. 10 Lck. Massively more dodgetanky, further boosted by a Spd stat that'd go from 3 to 12-13, but certainly not worth the tedium. He'll gain only 3-4 Def, and maybe 1 Res through all of that.

On 7/29/2018 at 9:54 AM, Soviet Cut said:

Is it possible to make Merlinus level 20 in Binding Blade? I know he has to survive 100 hits for leveling up even once, so doing a little math... He'd need to survive 1900 hits in order to reach level 20. I don't even know how this would be "possible", but it would be interesting to see.

It's possible, but VERY time consuming.

I think I recall spending a few hours in Chapter 2 just letting Merlinus get pounded just so I'd have someone to use as bait for future chapters.