I really want to do this

Junkhead

Well hey, good on you buddy.

I don't like the article, though. Seems unprofessional to me, especially since the author used words like "unicorn shit," "dumbass radar," and telling the reader to "shave their pubes." The amount of weight you would be losing seems like an unhealthy amount, too.

But if that's the plan you want to follow, I hope it goes well for you. Be careful, and let us know how it goes.

1 minute ago, indigospace said:

I don't like the article, though. Seems unprofessional to me, especially since the author used words like "unicorn shit," "dumbass radar," and telling the reader to "shave their pubes." The amount of weight you would be losing seems like an unhealthy amount, too.

I think that's actually part of the charm, given how it contrasts the actual legit advice he gives... the idea is that he doesn't spin in circles and give you conventional advice that either doesn't realistically work or stuff you just want to hear.

I encourage anyone that's starting to check his articles. They're always a good read.

1 minute ago, indigospace said:

But if that's the plan you want to follow, I hope it goes well for you. Be careful, and let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

It's only one week, by the way.

2 minutes ago, Junkhead said:

I think that's actually part of the charm, given how it contrasts the actual legit advice he gives... the idea is that he doesn't spin in circles and give you conventional advice that either doesn't realistically work or stuff you just want to hear.

I encourage anyone that's starting to check his articles. They're always a good read.

My AP Lang class back in Junior year has conditioned me not to trust articles like this. Damn that class.

4 minutes ago, Junkhead said:

Thank you.

It's only one week, by the way.

You're welcome.

Well hey, at least it's not too long. If it works out well, would you continue the program?

You don't need to lose weight

Go to a nutritionist because this post make it look like you might have or areĀ prone to develop an eating disorder

Edited by Nobody

16 minutes ago, indigospace said:

My AP Lang class back in Junior year has conditioned me not to trust articles like this. Damn that class.

What about it?

16 minutes ago, indigospace said:

Well hey, at least it's not too long. If it works out well, would you continue the program?

It's not a program. It's literally eating 800 calories a day for a week and lifting heavy 2-3 a week...basically what I always did except I'm eating almost half as much.

Hell, if anything I'd be going to the gym more than I already do.

12 minutes ago, Nobody said:

You don't need to lose weight

Well, no. Then again, not many people "need" to lose weight if they're not obese. I'm doing it because I want to look far better than I do now.

12 minutes ago, Nobody said:

Go to a nutritionist because this post make it look like you might have or areĀ prone to develop an eating disorder

You say that as if it didn't 4 years ago. I'm way past that.

I'm no better off with a nutritionist. They go with very blanket statements like "oh males cant eat any less than 1500 calories". Sometimes the best bet is knowing a thing or two and using your head.

1 minute ago, Junkhead said:

What about it?

Oh, nothing. I just don't like how the class has made me see literature now. But that's a topic for another day.

2 minutes ago, Junkhead said:

It's not a program. It's literally eating 800 calories a day for a week and lifting heavy 2-3 a week...basically what I always did except I'm eating almost half as much.

Hell, if anything I'd be going to the gym more than I already do.

As long as you enjoy it and feel better in the long run, then that's all that matters.

It's probably plausible/possible, but honestly I think the slow and steady approach of losing 2-3lbs a week that is pretty easy to hit with conventional dieting, exerciseĀ and reasonable calorie limitsĀ is more comfortable.

Plus, not having clothes that fit a week later sounds awful.

Edited by Slumber

19 minutes ago, Slumber said:

It's probably plausible/possible, but honestly I think the slow and steady approach of losing 2-3lbs a week that is pretty easy to hit with conventional dieting, exerciseĀ and reasonable calorie limitsĀ is more comfortable.

Can't be very slow if you're losing that amount of weight, unless you actually have plenty of weight to lose to begin with. 500 calorie deficit for a week should be about 1lb a week, and that's pretty reasonable. This is also disregarding tons of cardio. I hate everything else besides weights.

19 minutes ago, Slumber said:

Plus, not having clothes that fit a week later sounds awful.

I'm 23 and I'm pretty sure I still fit the same clothes from when I was 10-12.

9 minutes ago, Junkhead said:

Can't be very slow if you're losing that amount of weight, unless you actually have plenty of weight to lose to begin with. 500 calorie deficit for a week should be about 1lb a week, and that's pretty reasonable. This is also disregarding tons of cardio. I hate everything else besides weights.

Depends on your metabolism, your current weight and your previous diet, so yeah.Ā I started dieting 4 years ago, and when I started out at about 185lbs, just a deficit of 300 calories a day was a 2.5lb loss per week. I didn't start super big, and I don't think I'd even classify as overweight even back then, but I was still losing pretty fast.Ā As I got lower and lower, that deficit gradually increased as my general diet got better and I just had less to lose.

Now I'm between 140-150lbs and yeah, I have to hit about a 500lb deficit to start losing weight. But I can get down to about 1300 calories a dayĀ and I'll start seeing the 3-ishlbs a week I saw when I first started, but I usually don't have to do that unless I decide I really just want to show more muscle. Summer's ending though,Ā so fuck that.

9 minutes ago, Junkhead said:

I'm 23 and I'm pretty sure I still fit the same clothes from when I was 10-12.

I still wearĀ a shirt that I've had for probably 15 years, so kind I'm kind of in the same boat. Pants are a different story. I'm already at a point where I'm wearing around a size 30 waist when I should probably be looking at 28 or 29. Prior to dieting I don't think I wore size 30 since freshman year of high school. Also my legs got insanely long.

Edited by Slumber

On ā€Ž30ā€Ž-ā€Ž7ā€Ž-ā€Ž2018 at 1:35 AM, Junkhead said:

Well, no. Then again, not many people "need" to lose weight if they're not obese. I'm doing it because I want to look far better than I do now.

Not much to gain in the looks department for you by reducing fat.

2 hours ago, Excellen Browning said:

Not much to gain in the looks department for you by reducing fat.

I'm 13-14%. My goal is to be super shredded at 5-6%. Abs aren't just gained by doing crunches...90% of it is diet. Abs are generally pretty visible at around 10%, but it can go higher depending on how much muscle you have under that fat.

This guy is an example of roughly 6%. The before picture must be 15-16% body fat:

http://www.trimmedandtoned.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/unnamed-4-1.jpg

It's not just the physique either. Your face may also change a lot...here's Greg O'Gallaher from Kinobody going from 12% to 6% BF:

hqdefault.jpg

12% isn't even suppose to anywhere close to "fat"...it's actually decently lean for most people.

Edited by Junkhead

1 hour ago, Junkhead said:

I'm 13-14%. My goal is to be super shredded at 5-6%. Abs aren't just gained by doing crunches...90% of it is diet. Abs are generally pretty visible at around 10%, but it can go higher depending on how much muscle you have under that fat.

This guy is an example of roughly 6%. The before picture must be 15-16% body fat:

http://www.trimmedandtoned.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/unnamed-4-1.jpg

It's not just the physique either. Your face may also change a lot...here's Greg O'Gallaher from Kinobody going from 12% to 6% BF:

hqdefault.jpg

12% isn't even suppose to anywhere close to "fat"...it's actually decently lean for most people.

the difference imo is that before is an attractive man and after is a holy shit fugly freak of nature.

7 hours ago, Excellen Browning said:

the difference imo is that before is an attractive man and after is a holy shit fugly freak of nature.

He discovered his jawline. :awesome:

• 4 months later...

I have seen many people being too conscious about their weight. Even some people are not overweight but they still want to lose some pounds. To those, I want to share a simple strategy that how you can check if you are overweight or not.

Check your height in inches and anything near to it is normal (+5 or-5 doesn't matter). Let me explain it a bit further, e.g if you 6 feet tall then inches it will be 72. So, if your weight is in the range of 70 to 80 then it is totally normal but if it is above or less than that then you should worry.

Read this article, if you are overweight and want to shed some extra pounds:Ā https://www.healthtippshub.com/home-remedies-lose-weight-fast/

I'm quite sure the above simple strategy help you a lot in understanding.