Legendary Archer: Lucina

Poimagic

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

In the age of reclassing for a character that has access to reclassing, that's not a valid argument since Lucina canonically has access to the Archer class line.

It's not her canon promoted class, great lord.  It is a really poor nonsense choice.

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I already said in the general thread what my plans are for the banner.

Anyways, I'm very ok with this Lucina. I like alts as long as they're different enough to what a unit normally does, canon be damned (which is why I'm not happy with Olwen, RD!Ike, Zelgius and those others that are barely different from their Original forms). That has been my stance since the beginning and it won't change.

3 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

You say you're not, but your actions say otherwise. Also, it's not just "lame Awakening babies" who keep on bringing up the Lyn bias. Even people who've started with the older games weren't happy with Lyn, so just stop already. You're coming off as the type of person who makes "FE veterans" look bad.

Like I care dude.  I call out hypocrites.  I said way back then when there was a 5th Camilla or 5th Lucina there wouldn't be the hate that Lyn got,  though thankfully I'm wrong as far as the video goes at least which has been downvoted a lot. 

I mean it isn't a big deal.  People talk about Lyn alts months after it happened with such disdain, what's wrong with throwing some shade on this ridiculous Lucina alt?  Nothing. 

2 hours ago, Lewyn said:

Well cause promoted Lyn actually uses bows, it isn't some willy nilly fantasy nonsense like bow wielding Lucina.  

2 hours ago, Lewyn said:

Spin offs don't really count.  If they were going to introduce blue bow user legendary it should be a character that actually uses them in their canon game, like Alm.

I'm pretty sure IS stopped caring about keeping non-seasonal alts as 'canon' as possible the moment they decided to give Eirika a tome of all things plus putting Nino on a Pegasus. Archer Lucina isn't that farfetched as like other people mentioned archer is always an alternate class option for Lucina in Awakening plus Alm is more known for wielding Royal Sword/Falchion which is what his legendary alt will probably be based on even though at this point I am hoping for red bow Alm.

I think the only thing I'm disappointed about (and only slightly) is that our newest wind hero is another ranged attacker. Pretty great banner all around though.

2 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

I will admit it's pretty excessive.

I'll fully admit that Lucina is my 3rd favorite female lord in the franchise (only behind Celica and Eirika), and yet even I can admit this is ridiculous. 

Come on, it's been months.

1 minute ago, NSSKG151 said:

I'm pretty sure IS stopped caring about keeping non-seasonal alts as 'canon' as possible the moment they decided to give Eirika a tome of all things plus putting Nino on a Pegasus. Archer Lucina isn't that farfetched as like other people mentioned archer is always an alternate class option for Lucina in Awakening plus Alm is more known for wielding Royal Sword/Falchion which is what his legendary alt will probably be based on even though at this point I am hoping for red bow Alm.

I'm talking about legendary banners.  Vanguard Ike, Mounted Ephraim, Blade Lord Lyn, etc.  They have been representations for their promoted form, well Ryoma they put on a bird even though he comes promoted as infantry but fine he still is wielding his signature blade.  Awakening has a ton of reclassing, but Lucina's Great lord class, has nothing to do with bows.  Alm is more known for swords but at least his promoted class can use bows.  There are many bow wielders in the series, Lucina is a really really poor choice.

1 minute ago, Arthur97 said:

Come on, it's been months.

Not long enough.

I’m not exactly thrilled to see another Lucina, especially considering the fact that she’s not known to use a bow. That being said, her skills are kind of tempting, and the art is gorgeous. But since I really need M!Grima for my armor team, I can’t spend too many orbs. 

On a side note for skills, I kind of wished they saved future vision for Shigure. It just seems more fitting, since Shigure wore the pendant in Heirs of Fate, but couldn’t refresh allies. He could also access the Kinshi Knight class in default in contrast to Luciba. But then again, that would could cause more salt if Shigure came before Marth.

If I had to guess for Red bows, it’d Be Alm, cause: 1. He’s Super popular. 2. He can actually wield bows. 3. He actually saved Valentia.

1 hour ago, Corrobin said:

Swap and Dance combined? DAMN.

...Yeah, from what I can tell, this new Lucina variation, especially the new assist skill, is clearly a "take that" to those who insist Chrom/Sumia to be undeniable canon based on flimsy evidence (for one, if the "Lovebirds" cutscene was intended to be taken as strong evidence, the European version wouldn't have renamed it "The Rescue").  This new assist skill is basically screaming "I'm an Olivia!Lucina" into a megaphone into a stadium microphone and makes pretty much no attempt to hide it (and Chrom/Olivia's the pairing in my main Awakening file)...

If I get both Bow Lucina and Green Bow Lyn, I'll S-support them with each other. May they be a shining example to their fans.

Of course, the main beneficiary will be Reinhardt who gets +9 HP, +2 Atk, +3 Spd, and +4 Res when he runs alongside his legendary harem.

Color priority: Green > Colorless > Blue > Red

Green is the color I'd be focusing on. Not only do I want Lyn merges but I also want to pull Winter Lissa for Bold Fighter (I ideally would like 2 Winter Lissas with bad IVs so I can give Bold Fighter to my Valentines Lyn and Halloween Jakob - both of whom are +Atk). It also helps that green has the highest focus pull rate.

Colorless is 2nd priority as Brave Lyn is a focus unit. However, I don't care too much about F!Grima and Bow Hinoka isn't a top priority.

Blue is next. Lucina's got a neat assist skill and Ishtar is a powerful blue mage in her own right. But, ugh, seeing Azura kind of leaves a bad taste in my mouth (I've been pitybroken by her twice; I didn't mind too much the first time but the 2nd time made me more than a little annoyed, especially since both OG Azuras are -Spd).

Red is last priority. I already have a +Atk Exalt Chrom which I got as a pitybreaker from the recent Luna banner and I have very little interest in Ryoma and Camilla.

... But first, I want to gather up every orb I could before pulling on the banner. Thankfully, August quests are just around the corner.

1 minute ago, SlipperySlippy said:

The problem, like with Lyn, is not the timeframe. It's the number.

Alm has been waiting longer than months.

Exactly.  I mean how many alts does Alm have?  Oh yeah that is right none.  When did he debut?  Was it May of last year or something?  Oh and he actually uses bows in his promoted canon class.  

1 minute ago, Mackc2 said:

This is annoying they wasted a perfectly good chance to include a colourless legendary hero by using the colour bow gimmick again 

They already included one and that's female Grima. The real issue is that IS appears to have no idea on what other colorless legendary heroes they can put together.

3 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

AHA! Lucy gets this month's legendary hero!

IN YOUR FACE 3DS HATERS! YOUR TEARS ARE DELICIOUS & THEY GO GREAT WITH MY FRIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You don't need to be a "3DS hater" to dislike the new legendary.

And really, posts like this are part of the problem in why the Fire Emblem community is so toxic and divisive. 

4 minutes ago, shiningpikablu252 said:

...Yeah, from what I can tell, this new Lucina variation, especially the new assist skill, is clearly a "take that" to those who insist Chrom/Sumia to be undeniable canon based on flimsy evidence (for one, if the "Lovebirds" cutscene was intended to be taken as strong evidence, the European version wouldn't have renamed it "The Rescue").  This new assist skill is basically screaming "I'm an Olivia!Lucina" into a megaphone into a stadium microphone and makes pretty much no attempt to hide it (and Chrom/Olivia's the pairing in my main Awakening file)...

That's, uh, some impressive tin foil.

Awakening is my second favorite game and I don't even care about Lucina. So can we all just get along for once? I'm tired of all this toxicity. 

I'll only be pulling green orbs, colorless if they're unavailable. 

Edited by SilvertheShadow

6 minutes ago, Mackc2 said:

This is annoying they wasted a perfectly good chance to include a colourless legendary hero by using the colour bow gimmick again 

I think Grima is just going to be on every legendary banner from here on out, since the best choice for a gray legendary weapon has been moved out of its logical color.

8 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

well Ryoma they put on a bird even though he comes promoted as infantry but fine he still is wielding his signature blade.

You're weakening your case here. I'm not sure how a reclass using a weapon the class cannot use simply because it's the character's signature weapon is any better than a reclass using an original weapon the class can use or a non-reclass using a weapon that lore prevents the user from using.

2 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

They already included one and that's female Grima. The real issue is that IS appears to have no idea on what other colorless legendary heroes they can put together.

That's what I meant we have a single colourless compared to three green, three blue and two red. Both of the bow legendary heroes should have been colourless