Legendary Archer: Lucina

Poimagic

1 minute ago, Paris said:

I question his reasoning. Didn't Reinhardt raise Ishtar? Most likely she would view him as a brother or mentor figure than a potential lover. Wouldn't he be concerned about more important matters such as the liberation army, getting more children and/or crushing rebellions? 

Julius is a high-school-aged teen dating a really hot chick that has a really good-looking retainer following her around.

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's the first time I might skip a legendary because I have most of these units and I don't care about Lucina (even if her art is gorgeous). I've seen enough love towards FE13 lately. Other games deserve to be in a spotlight too. Also seeing two Lyns in one and the same banner is superuncreative like bringing two flying swordusers together. Pretty lame overall...

Anyways green is the colour I would snipe because WLissa and LLyn are units I don't have yet and former is really good as far as I know.

Would like to save orbs for trying to get Maribelle.

Edited by Jules

5 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Hey, Kirby is dark if you think about it.

When you take certain antagonists and/or final bosses into account, yes they can but most Nintendo franchises have delved into the dark and disturbing. Until that point though, the Kirby games are just fun, happy-go-lucky romps.

3 minutes ago, Paris said:

I question his reasoning. Didn't Reinhardt raise Ishtar? Most likely she would view him as a brother or mentor figure than a potential lover. Wouldn't he be concerned about more important matters such as the liberation army, getting more children and/or crushing rebellions? It seems like a case of screwed priorities. 

Reinhardt and Ishtar knew each other since childhood by Reinhardt being assigned to be her personal bodyguard. And Julius knows for a fact that Reinhardt has romantic feelings for Ishtar, so he made it a point to make Ishtar dismiss Reinhardt from his post as her retainer (Julius, while sick and being cared for, saw Reinhardt and knew). And possessive/jealous boy/girlfriends aren't exactly known to be the most reasonable (Ishtar had to beg Julius not to kill Reinhardt).

1 minute ago, ILikeKirbys said:

Thanks for the reminder. Although, now I have to wonder if this next banner will be CYL2 (which, assuming we get one freebie, I can mostly skip 'cause I can just grab free Veronica and hope for someone neat on the free pull) or a regular seasonal banner...

If the CYL1 and Farfetched Heroes banners are of any indication, CYL2 will be a New Heroes banner (heroes get added to the permanent summoning pool), NOT a Special Heroes banner (heroes are available for only a limited time and will only appear on their debut banner, their annual rerun, and Legendary Heroes banners).

Honestly all this salt is stupid. Legendary heroes = Main characters. That of course include Lyn and Lucina. I think it's OK dislike whole notion of legendary heroes, but if you are fine with eventual legendary Sigurd and Marth you have no right complain about any other hero that fit same criteria as them. 

Well, there is lot of thing I am unsure about. Should I pass completely and HOPEFUL comes soon. And if I roll and get her should I keep her for glorious art or make my dragons awesome with Distant Guard. So many thing decide...

3 minutes ago, ILikeKirbys said:

I mean, I don't really interact with the Kirby fandom (though it does exist, if r/Kirby is any indication), and I'd imagine that they have some level of drama, but yeah, if any series is gonna have a relatively chill fanbase, I'd bet on the pink puffball of cuteness.

There has been some complaints of late of stagnation with the mainline gameplay, it's all Super Star with minor gimmicks, and no creative evolution from this. I actually understand this, and it's why I skipped on Star Allies. 

Related to this is my own complaint that Kirby, at least as of Planet Robobot, was being overreliant on nostalgia fanservice, to the point it was losing any sense of specialness. It is becoming mundane and hence no longer enjoyable.

2 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Hey, Kirby is dark if you think about it.

Ah yes, Zero the giant eyeball that shoots blood at you from Kirby's Dreamland 3, and who then cried blood as Zero Two in Crystal Shards.

This is actually another problem with the Kirby fanbase. HAL has been trying to add more serious "plot" and "darkness" in the latest games and dramatizing it all, despite the fact Kirby isn't that dark really at all and the plots and characters are totally shallow and silly. Some i believe find this unnecessary, and I am one of them. Since its ruining the few earlier patches of darkness by including such copious amounts of farce.

1 minute ago, Roflolxp54 said:

And possessed/jealous boyfriends aren't exactly known to be the most reasonable

Corrected!:lol:

3 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

When you take certain antagonists and/or final bosses into account, yes they can but most Nintendo franchises have delved into the dark and disturbing. Until that point though, the Kirby games are just fun, happy-go-lucky romps.

I was talking more about how Kirby is a genocidal monster when provoked that devours or steamrolls whatever gets in his way. That, and Shiver Star.

Edited by Arthur97

1 minute ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Reinhardt and Ishtar knew each other since childhood by Reinhardt being assigned to be her personal bodyguard. And Julius knows for a fact that Reinhardt has romantic feelings for Ishtar, so he made it a point to make Ishtar dismiss Reinhardt from his post as her retainer (Julius, while sick and being cared for, saw Reinhardt and knew). And possessive/jealous boy/girlfriends aren't exactly known to be the most reasonable (Ishtar had to beg Julius not to kill Reinhardt).

The funny thing is that I'm not even sure if Reinhardt has feelings for Ishtar. The only person who actually says that is Julius, and he's ... well, not exactly the most objective person when it comes to Ishtar being close to other people. Reinhardt's feelings for Ishtar don't particularly seem romantic just from his dialogue; they sound like any other retainer talking about their lord (and Oboro's dialogue about Takumi makes it clear that her feelings for him go deeper than just a retainer's loyalty).

Also, if I have any issue with Lyn and Lucina being legendary Heroes that isn't about the number of alts they already have, it's more that they're much less relevant to the plot than Eliwood and Chrom. Neither of whom have legendary alts yet.

Like, that's one thing that does kind of bother me. Eliwood is the main character of FE7. Lyn and Hector are plot important, yes, but the story is still about Eliwood. Likewise, Chrom is the true lord of Awakening. Alas, they both get overshadowed by their not-as-plot-relevant-but-more-marketable co-lords.

I personally like Lucina but I get why people are mad that there are like 5 Lyns and Lucina is getting up there. I'll never deny my salt @ Camilla and Cordelia getting so many units so I won't judge.

Seriously, there's sooooooo many heroes and some that aren't even in Heroes yet, why do we need 12 of the same character?

Except Nowi, I will gladly take 70 Nowis, sorry not sorry~

13 minutes ago, Tenzen12 said:

legendary Sigurd and Marth

Will this even happen?

I am curious about what'll happen when we get the 16th legendary hero. Will we get more? Will all the legendary heroes be added to the normal summoning pool? I'd be insane how they have to cycle through so many legendary heroes past the 16th one for each legendary banner

Edited by silveraura25

1 minute ago, silveraura25 said:

I'd be insane how they have to cycle through so many legendary heros past the 16th one for each legendary banner

They might put the old Legendary Heroes on a separate banner or something.

Or if they're feeling exceptionally generous, start dropping Legendary Heroes to 4-star rarity on Legendary Hero banners (noting that 4-star characters are actually rarer than focus 5-star characters).

3 hours ago, Lewyn said:

I'm talking about legendary banners.  Vanguard Ike, Mounted Ephraim, Blade Lord Lyn, etc.  They have been representations for their promoted form, well Ryoma they put on a bird even though he comes promoted as infantry but fine he still is wielding his signature blade.  Awakening has a ton of reclassing, but Lucina's Great lord class, has nothing to do with bows.  Alm is more known for swords but at least his promoted class can use bows.  There are many bow wielders in the series, Lucina is a really really poor choice.

There are many bow users in the Fire Emblem franchise yes but how many of them would you actually consider worthy of being Legendary? IS kind of shot themselves in the foot by limiting colored bows to Legendary Heroes since only Alm and Lyn are the big shot names that wield bows (after promoting). And since they needed a third hero to wield colored bows Lucina was probably the closest pick for them since they love having her use bows in other spinoffs. I don't know, maybe if Lucina didn't use bows in other spinoff/crossover games I could see where your are coming from but at this point bows have been something that IS pushed onto her over time in order to differentiate her from Chrom (as far as I am concerned anyways).

There is a thing called creative liberty you know. Lucina not being allowed to use bows in Heroes is like saying Ness shouldn't be using PSI attacks he didn't use in Earthbound for Smash Bros. I kind of don't want to know what your reaction towards the CYL2 Heroes would be since I am already predicting that at least one of those characters will be using a weapon type they 'canonically' don't use.

I actually have a theory that the reason they gave Lucina a bow is because they only want one Legendary Hero wielding Falchion and they are saving that for Marth...probably.

Edited by NSSKG151
better wording

6 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Likewise, Chrom is the true lord of Awakening.

It varies I'd say. Gangrel Arc, Chrom > Robin. Valm Arc, Chrom = Robin. Grima Arc, Chrom < Robin. Lucina stands besides the two without a definite importance value assignable, she is important in all three to some extent, but never for an arc the star of the show.

1 minute ago, NSSKG151 said:

Actually now that think about it I think the reason they gave Lucina a bow is because they only want one Legendary Hero wielding Falchion and they are saving that for Marth...probably.

Marth should just grab the Binding Shield and nuke the world with it as the one and only Colorless Tome user. Earthquakes, shadow shields, life heals, defense-nullifying light, stat-buffing stars, and dragon sealing. What more could you ask for? All Marth has to do is ask Merric and Linde how to use the thing.

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

It varies I'd say. Gangrel Arc, Chrom > Robin. Valm Arc, Chrom = Robin. Grima Arc, Chrom < Robin. Lucina stands besides the two without a definite importance value assignable, she is important in all three to some extent, but never for an arc the star of the show.

I might rank Chrom as head in the Valm arc. Walhart is a pretty good counter to him.

Damn, that Lucina looks very powerful. However, I think I'll skip this banner, as most of the characters don't interest me, or I already have them. Plus I seem to get the legendary heroes in subsequent banners XD. I hope next one has Male Grima, or Zelgius again

3 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

I might rank Chrom as head in the Valm arc. Walhart is a pretty good counter to him.

Fair enough. Chrom is still the leader in the Valm Arc, but there is a gradual pivot away from the same level of focus on him that you find in the Gangrel Arc I think. This is good, since it sets up a transition for the Grima Arc, as opposed to a sudden rise in Robin's prominence. 

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

4 minutes ago, Midnox said:

Damn, that Lucina looks very powerful. However, I think I'll skip this banner, as most of the characters don't interest me, or I already have them. Plus I seem to get the legendary heroes in subsequent banners XD. I hope next one has Male Grima, or Zelgius again

Thinking it'll be M Grima and Vector next month for green, oh boy. Shame it's with Gunnthra instead of Lector though. I suppose they might run one of the Easter Bunnies instead of Vector.

Zelgius probably nil chance. Swordhardt is up next given Leif has already appeared and Bow Hinoka who is on a more recent banner is here now. That said, given there are no red heroes on the Valentine's or Spring seasonal banners, there is a spot for one older red hero, like how they ran Young Tiki not too long ago. Probably be someone from nearer launch though.

12 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I mean, mechanically Chrom is the only one who must be deployed on all story and paralogue chapters and gives you a game over if killed. Robin does give you a game over, but is only forced on one chapter and isn't of the lord class, and unlike the lord class any children they have can inherit tactician. Lucina, despite being of the lord class, doesn't give you a game over. And ... well, once her mask comes off she doesn't really seem to do much. She's definitely plot important and serves as a motivation to Chrom, but she doesn't really do anything after chapter 5. She's just there.

-Kirby is a lovable pink bundle of joy.  You know how comfortable with your masculinity you have to be to pull off pink? 

-As far as legendary bow users.  Alm with Mila bow.  Takumi could make it, he is a lord and is of course known for his bow.  Brigid with Ichival.  Maybe Jamke with some PRF Slaying bow.  There are options.  I think getting a 5th Lucina as a blue bow user was a poor choice.  

-On Eliwood getting outshown, it is likely cause he is the most 'typical' of the lords.  Patient, smart, just a charming good noble guy.  Lyn is a woman of the plains, and Hector is a brash blunt jock.  I like Eliwood still though, and always found him underrated as a unit (in FE7).  

-Chrom is awesome and one of my favorite MCs.  Probably only Sigurd, Leif, and Celica I like more.  Chrom is just very believable as a flawed person who wants to do good, sometimes loses his temper or says inappropriate things but has a good heart.  

Now my thoughts on the others on the banner, spoke enough about Lucina.

Red

- Exalt Chrom = I am looking for a strong red cavalry for my second horse team which has Olwen, Walhart, and Linde.  He is the only Falchion wielding cavalier and a powerhouse.

- NY Camilla = If I ever pull another hone fliers I want to make another flier team.  I would need a second red, and NY Camilla is a powerful well rounded unit.

- L! Ryoma = Who I want the most of the reds.  Only DC flier, legendary hero I can finally give blessings and the bonuses to my flier team.

Green

- L! Lyn = Only Green bow user, I guess she is pretty weak but with speed tactic I'd love to make a tactic team with her and others.

- W! Lissa= I have the other 3 christmas armors, I just need her to complete my 4th Armor team.  Plus her art is one of the best.  Also huge kudos that Lissa is really a 'little sister' type, sometimes annoying nagging but cute.  She isn't sexualized at all like most other little sisters.  Very refreshing design.  

- LA Lilina= I like Lilina as a character but this is who I want least.  She is an okay green tome cav, but I have Walhart for my 2nd cav team, if I want a 3rd green cav Green mage Olwen is better

Blue

- Ishtar = I love Ishtar one of my favorite units, but I already have her and with ideal IVs.  Thus a merge on her wouldn't be the worst thing but I'd prefer someone new.

- Lucina = Already spoke about her.  She does look super powerful, guess Lyn being so weak made them up the auntie through the roof with straight up bonkers skills/weapon

- Azura = Unlike many she is a unit I've wanted since launch and still want.  She and the new Olivia are the only two dancers I don't have, and they are still such a rare unit type.

Colorless

- F Grima = +Res/-Def isn't so great a IV so getting a better one would be nice, but not priority.

- B Lyn = Have her at +2 already, no need for more

- WF Hinoka = The only colorless on the banner I don't have yet, but I just pulled Summer Takumi so slightly redundant (I know she has her special armor slaying bow).

Really pulling Reds and Greens for sure, since whatever I get will be a new unit. If for some reason those don't show up will pull blue.  Hopefully my luck is good.

1 minute ago, Sunwoo said:

And ... well, once her mask comes off she doesn't really seem to do much. She's definitely plot important and serves as a motivation to Chrom, but she doesn't really do anything after chapter 5. She's just there.

Well she warns Basilio about him dying to Walhart, which makes a difference. And you have that scene where she tries to bring herself to kill Robin, but doesn't/

But there is little to deny Lucina's biggest real contribution is stopping the assassination. It is highly important, but it is only one moment.

If only she had done more scurrying in the shadows trying to keep things on a good path before the mask came off, before she revealed herself as Chrom's daughter, or even after that. That is how I, although it isn't the only way, could perceive Lucina doing more stuff than she actually does.

1 hour ago, Roflolxp54 said:

They already included one and that's female Grima. The real issue is that IS appears to have no idea on what other colorless legendary heroes they can put together.

Hope they figure it out assuming that Ylgr turns out to be a colorless unit.

I'm still waiting for the other 2 Nifl units to finally become recruitable.

Blue Archer Lucina. Her Assist skill should be exclusive to her, looks to good to be honest. I'm also excited to see LA!Lilina and Azura. Fortunately I already have all the colorless from this banner, I could save there a few orbs.

Do we know if Future Vision is inheritable? I assume it is not, since Legendary Heroes have at least two exclusive skills, with one being the Weapon. Distant Guard 3 sounds pretty generic and it got a number, so I assume that is inheritable. That just leaves Future Vision being the other exclusive skill.